PDA

View Full Version : Movie: Super 8

jaymo76
11-07-2010, 11:12 PM
Has anyone seen the trailer for the movie Super 8? It comes out sometime in June and all I have heard about it is that the format is very similar to Cloverfield. Some are even going so far to say that this is actually a prequel to Cloverfield but the trailer didn't look like that to me. Anyone have any other information on this movie?

morsdraconis
11-07-2010, 11:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoJvjfvaiGo

There's some seriously crazy viral website for it www.scariestthingieversaw.com that's some weird computer terminal. I can't get it to do anything once it gets to where you can type commands. Not sure how to get it to execute anything.

cdj
11-08-2010, 06:42 AM
I thought I read despite the similarities, it's not related to Cloverfield. The trailer does look good though.

JBHuskers
11-08-2010, 08:13 AM
I guess this website is tied into the movie too - http://www.rocketpoppeteers.com/

morsdraconis
11-08-2010, 10:15 AM
It's going to be in the format of Cloverfield, but beyond that, there's not a whole lot known about the story yet (it's still 6 months away or something before the movie is out and it's JUST NOW being shot).

JBHuskers
11-08-2010, 10:27 AM
Someone on IMDB suggested it's a spider :D :D :D because a spider has "eight" legs. Ugh.

I loved the lead up to Cloverfield, and did enjoy the movie, so I'll definitely keep tabs on this.

Marlowe
11-08-2010, 01:30 PM
It's supposedly a tribute/homage to some of Spielberg's 70/80's sci-fi flicks. The title certainly lends itself to that conclusion.

jaymo76
11-08-2010, 10:23 PM
Yup really looking forward to this. It came out of the blue though because usually I am pretty up on this stuff but I just heard about it a few days ago. Speilberg and JJ Abrams... what a great pairing.

morsdraconis
11-08-2010, 11:34 PM
Someone on IMDB suggested it's a spider :D :D :D because a spider has "eight" legs. Ugh.

I loved the lead up to Cloverfield, and did enjoy the movie, so I'll definitely keep tabs on this.

Yeah, that's really fuckin' stupid. It's pretty obvious it's going to be some type of extraterrestrial being. Just because Cloverfield was a giant monster doesn't mean that this one is going to be as well (Cloverfield was obviously a homage to Godzilla and those types of movies).

Apparently, in the trailer for the movie, when it zooms out at the end, there's a face of the kid from ET in the lens. There's a video of it somewhere on Youtube where they match it up to the kid (and it fits perfectly). Pretty cool stuff.

Viral marketing like this is some seriously cool shit. The viral marketing for Nine Inch Nails's album Year Zero was AMAZINGLY well done. Made me want a movie for the setting he created with it.

JBHuskers
11-09-2010, 08:36 AM
Yeah I really loved the viral marketing for Resistance and also Cloverfield.

JBHuskers
12-07-2010, 03:22 PM
Super 8 is Movie Moron's 3rd most anticipated movie of 2011. Interesting video breaking down the preview....

http://www.movie-moron.com/?p=13779&page=4