PDA

View Full Version : Week 13, 2012

Oneback
11-06-2010, 05:31 PM
=============== #18 Oklahoma Sooners (7-3) ===============
Last week, Oklahoma lost 59-45 against Oregon (7-3).
This week, the Sooners travel to Corvallis to face the Oregon State Beavers (1-9).
In recruiting news, the following Oklahoma targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) WR Matt Morrison has committed to Connecticut
- (***) RE Steven Armstrong has committed to Georgia
- (***) TE Kenny Parker has committed to Oklahoma

=============== #15 Clemson Tigers (9-2) ===============
Last week the Tigers were idle.
This week, the Tigers are idle.
In recruiting news, the following Clemson targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) WR Ryan Cooper has committed to Houston
- (***) RG James McPherson has committed to LSU
- (***) QB Brandon Roach has committed to Georgia Tech
- (***) HB Greg Hayes has committed to UCF

=============== #6 Florida State Seminoles (10-1) ===============
Last week the Seminoles were idle.
This week, the Seminoles will host #13 Florida (9-2).
In recruiting news, the following Florida State targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) FS Tony Morgan has committed to Florida State

=============== #3 Miami Hurricanes (12-0) ===============
Last week, Miami won 80-21 against NC State (3-8).
This week, the Hurricanes are idle.
In recruiting news, the following Miami targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) CB Kenard Jefferson has committed to Miami
- (***) CB Emmanuel Smith has committed to Penn State

=============== #2 Michigan Wolverines (11-0) ===============
Last week, Michigan won 52-6 against Northwestern (3-8).
This week, the Wolverines travel to Columbus to face the #9 Ohio State Buckeyes (9-2).

=============== #9 Ohio State Buckeyes (9-2) ===============
Last week, Ohio State won 41-20 against Iowa (4-5).
This week, the Buckeyes will host #2 Michigan (11-0).

=============== #1 Penn State Nittany Lions (11-0) ===============
Last week, Penn State won 62-0 against Minnesota (3-7).
This week, the Nittany Lions will host Michigan State (6-4).
In recruiting news, the following Penn State targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) CB Emmanuel Smith has committed to Penn State
- (****) WR Josh Hopkins has committed to West Virginia

=============== #22 Oregon Ducks (7-3) ===============
Last week, Oregon won 59-45 against Oklahoma (7-3).
This week, the Ducks will host Texas A&M (7-3).
In recruiting news, the following Oregon targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) WR Zach Latimer has committed to Washington
- (****) FS Akim Tyree has committed to Stanford
- (***) MLB Danny Wyatt has committed to Oregon

=============== #12 USC Trojans (7-3) ===============
Last week, USC won 34-19 against Oregon State (1-9).
This week, the Trojans will host Notre Dame (6-2).

=============== #16 Virginia Tech Hokies (9-3) ===============
Last week, Virginia Tech won 48-20 against Virginia (4-7).
This week, the Hokies are idle.
In recruiting news, the following Virginia Tech targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) C Jarod Stovall has committed to Oklahoma State
- (***) RG James McPherson has committed to LSU
- (****) WR Brian Davis has committed to Texas A&M

=============== #5 Texas Longhorns (9-1) ===============
Last week the Longhorns were idle.
This week, the Longhorns travel to Lubbock to face the Texas Tech Red Raiders (5-4).

=============== #14 Wisconsin Badgers (8-3) ===============
Last week, Wisconsin won 53-7 against Michigan State (6-4).
This week, the Badgers will host Illinois (6-4).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JeffHCross
11-06-2010, 11:49 PM
Ohio State / Michigan is expected to kick off late Sunday evening -- sometime after 8 central.

Papa LoneStar
11-07-2010, 12:25 AM
After the longest bye week in the history of american football :-p ....the #5 Texas Longhorns DOMINATE rival Texas Tech 70-0 in Lubbock....clinching their 2nd Pac-10 title in 3 years.
Longhorn offense: 564 total yards (315 ground, 249 air), 7-7 3rd down conversions, 8-8 redzone TDs, 10 touchdowns, 0 turnovers
QB Garrett Gilbert, Sr: 13-18 228 yards 4 TD 0 INT
RB Bryson Hopkins, Fr: 10 car 119 yards
RB Earl Campbell Jr, Fr: 14 car 102 yards 2 TD
RB Chris Whaley, Sr: 7 car 70 yards 2 TD
RB Traylon Shead, So: 9 car 36 yards 2 TD
WR Marquise Goodwin, Sr: 4 rec 50 yards 3 TD
TE Barrett Matthews, Jr: 2 rec 65 yards 1 TD
WR D.J. Monroe, Sr: 10 touches (3 rec, 7 PR) for 136 yards
WR Darius Terrell, So: 3 rec 43 yards
Longhorn defense: 73 yards allowed, 1-12 3rd down conversions allowed, forced 9 punts, allowed 21% passes completed
DE Tevin Mims, Sr: 4 tackles (3 TFL), 1 sack
OLB Ryan Roberson, Sr: 5 tackles (3 TFL)
MLB Jordan Hicks, So: 5 tackles (2 TFL)
CB C.J. Gross, Fr: 1 INT
Next up: The LoneStar Showdown vs Texas A&M in Austin....7pm central....Thanksgiving night

fsuprime
11-07-2010, 01:08 AM
it was nice signing that FS over texas with out trying

Papa LoneStar
11-07-2010, 08:15 AM
I added him late....plus was just trying to get some speed on my special teams without using a nickel or dime back.... :-p

psusnoop
11-07-2010, 08:45 AM
I have my game paused right now as I head out, I'm half way done almost then found out I have to make a few errands. I will finish when I get home.

***While that took way to long and I'm just now getting back. I hope I didn't mess things up with that on all day. As long as it's not froze up I'll resume the game up 16-7 with around 3 minutes left in second in a snow storm.

RcSinger
11-07-2010, 07:58 PM
I will try to do my recruiting on this week tomorrow before bball practice. should be in the 5-7 range central.

fsuprime
11-07-2010, 08:03 PM
i gotta play tomorrow night

gschwendt
11-07-2010, 08:31 PM
btw, not sure if anyone saw it but I was rather impressed with the catch by my WR on the clip included in my recap
http://www.easports.com/dynasty?_user_state=system#module=moduleStoryView&story=$00248d24c17e_1E980_6ACD2DC4&dynid=125312&sku=661A0001&sid=2&wknum=12

Oneback
11-07-2010, 10:11 PM
Well Michigan falls again to OSU. Jeff has got my number...or EA has programmed OSU to beat Michigan. My offense put up 400 yards, however OSU did not get stopped on one drive all game, unless you want to count a FG inside the 10 yard line as a stop.

Great game Jeff as always. I've got to figure out a way to overcome the OSU mental block if I plan on making anything happen, that's twice now you've stopped my from getting to the MNC game.

JeffHCross
11-07-2010, 11:25 PM
As Oneback said, the Ohio State winning streak against Michigan has now reached 9 games, as the Buckeyes protected home turf 31-24.

Ohio State took a 17-10 lead into the locker rooms at halftime after Devin Gardner was stopped just 2 yards short of the goalline with little time left on the clock. Michigan raced to get back to the line and snap the ball, but the hometown clock keeper ran it extra fast and sent the Buckeyes into the lockers with the lead.

Despite the relatively low scoring game, both offenses were in high gear. Ohio State finished 6-7 on 3rd down, while Michigan managed 9-11. The lone punt of the game was on Michigan's opening drive. Both teams kicked field goals to open the scoring, as well, and there was actually only 3 points scored in the first quarter. More amazingly, there were only three drives started in the first quarter, and only two completed before the first 8:00 had elapsed.

Pepe Pearson took the game ball with 142 yards on 24 carries and 2 TDs. His statistics were slightly deceptive, with a significant portion of his yards coming on the final, clock-eating drive for the Buckeyes. Tight Ends were the big story of the contest, as John Lumpkin (Ohio State) and Brandon Moore (Michigan) led the way in receptions for their respective teams. Ohio State also was playing hurt: after having their #2 WR go down two weeks ago, and losing their 3-4 MLB a week before that, the Buckeyes lost #1 WR Dee Miller for the rest of the game in the 3rd quarter, and starting SS Damon Moore left the bench area with an undisclosed issue. Miller is expected to return to practice as early as Wednesday, while Moore's status is unknown as of press time.

Kingpin32
11-07-2010, 11:58 PM
Papa, you didn't have to do Tech that bad lol, at least give a TD or something.

psusnoop
11-08-2010, 05:38 AM
btw, not sure if anyone saw it but I was rather impressed with the catch by my WR on the clip included in my recap
http://www.easports.com/dynasty?_user_state=system#module=moduleStoryView&story=$00248d24c17e_1E980_6ACD2DC4&dynid=125312&sku=661A0001&sid=2&wknum=12

That is one sick catch!

Papa LoneStar
11-08-2010, 07:23 AM
Papa, you didn't have to do Tech that bad lol, at least give a TD or something.

lol....I'm sorry....but we had too much speed in our back 7 for their option game....plus with their no-huddle....I had the ball the whole game

Oneback
11-08-2010, 08:21 AM
When the coaches at the beginning of the season finally decided to start Tate Forcier he was told that they will go in a different direction with the offense if he were to lose a game being that Forcier is a Senior. After the coaches met last night Coach Oneback has decided to start Devin Gardner in what will likely be the Rose Bowl and moving to a more shotgun-centric offense. Coach Oneback said this morning on ESPN Radio WTKA-AM 1050 in Ann Arbor that the move is not a demotion for Forcier but a move for the future.

texacotea
11-08-2010, 08:52 AM
Well Michigan falls again to OSU. Jeff has got my number...or EA has programmed OSU to beat Michigan. My offense put up 400 yards, however OSU did not get stopped on one drive all game, unless you want to count a FG inside the 10 yard line as a stop.

Great game Jeff as always. I've got to figure out a way to overcome the OSU mental block if I plan on making anything happen, that's twice now you've stopped my from getting to the MNC game.

Oh how Miami loves these words!!!!

psusnoop
11-08-2010, 09:10 AM
Oh how Miami loves these words!!!!

I'm just hoping for a rematch in the MNC game, PSU left some unfinished business on the field last year and they are looking for redemption in a big way.

texacotea
11-08-2010, 10:47 AM
I'm just hoping for a rematch in the MNC game, PSU left some unfinished business on the field last year and they are looking for redemption in a big way.

**cough,cough**

psusnoop
11-08-2010, 11:04 AM
The streak can only last so long.........

Isn't Nebraska undefeated yet as well?

JeffHCross
11-08-2010, 01:17 PM
After the coaches met last night Coach Oneback has decided to start Devin Gardner in what will likely be the Rose Bowl and moving to a more shotgun-centric offense.I have to admit that seeing Gardner at WR (especially the pre-play showing QB: 2) had me greatly confused last night. And I certainly didn't expect you to throw to Gardner!

Oneback
11-08-2010, 01:49 PM
The only reason why he was even in the game was because I only have 5 healthy WR's with Gardner as an emergency number 6. He's got decent receiving skills...I've had him drop a few this year but last night he held onto all three thrown his way.

psuexv
11-08-2010, 02:56 PM
I'm having problems getting Dynasty Hub to load - where do we stand for an advance?

Oneback
11-08-2010, 03:27 PM
I will check once I get home. If I remember correctly from last night there were 4 that remained.

Papa LoneStar
11-08-2010, 03:28 PM
I got my first wish....now I'm hoping for Nebraska and Miami to lose their conference title game....but I'm concerned that a FSU win will get me jumped in the BCS.

psusnoop
11-08-2010, 03:43 PM
I think that RC said the was going to recruit tonight between 5 and 7, then FSU said he was playing tonight. I'm not sure who else needs to play from there.

psusnoop
11-08-2010, 03:45 PM
I got my first wish....now I'm hoping for Nebraska and Miami to lose their conference title game....but I'm concerned that a FSU win will get me jumped in the BCS.

You are just begging for another shot at PSU right now, I still have some unfinished business with Tex and the U before we settle up next year.

gschwendt
11-08-2010, 06:53 PM
As far as games go, just waiting on IronDragon... not sure about recruiting.

psusnoop
11-08-2010, 07:16 PM
Sweet thanks for the update G, any word from ID?

Oneback
11-08-2010, 09:52 PM
ID is playing now. I am heading to bed and will advance in the morning, 5am comes early.

Iron Dragon
11-08-2010, 10:11 PM
Down 28-17 in the 3rd, slacking and upset Sooners get 3 TDs in 4th to get "wake up call" 39-28 victory

Oklahoma's Landry Jones had 3 INTs entering the 4th quarter and besides Calhoun's last second TD run, their only score was on a Russ Abrams fumble recovery in the endzone.

Jones finished the game with 3 TDs including a daring third and ten playcall.. a 75 yard TD pass to Erik Richardson who raced past everyone to seal the game, as he finished with 10 catches for 174 yards.

Kenny Stills caught 6 passes for 122 yards. McClain had a TD grab and so did Millard.

Calhoun rushed for 103 yards and a TD and a 2-pt conversion. He left the game with a minor injury late.

Jones was sacked 4 times and half of his 410 yards came in the 4th. He was picked three times and Oregon State deflected a crazy 12 passes.

psusnoop
11-09-2010, 05:42 AM
Down 28-17 in the 3rd, slacking and upset Sooners get 3 TDs in 4th to get "wake up call" 39-28 victory

Oklahoma's Landry Jones had 3 INTs entering the 4th quarter and besides Calhoun's last second TD run, their only score was on a Russ Abrams fumble recovery in the endzone.

Jones finished the game with 3 TDs including a daring third and ten playcall.. a 75 yard TD pass to Erik Richardson who raced past everyone to seal the game, as he finished with 10 catches for 174 yards.

Kenny Stills caught 6 passes for 122 yards. McClain had a TD grab and so did Millard.

Calhoun rushed for 103 yards and a TD and a 2-pt conversion. He left the game with a minor injury late.

Jones was sacked 4 times and half of his 410 yards came in the 4th. He was picked three times and Oregon State deflected a crazy 12 passes.

You know ID, I've always loved this kind of games. Shows a teams heart, determination, and leadership. Way to battle back.

Oneback
11-09-2010, 05:52 AM
I still show that RCSinger, Kingpin and ID need to recruit.

psusnoop
11-09-2010, 06:23 AM
I still show that RCSinger, Kingpin and ID need to recruit.

Thats what I see too. Surely Kingpin and ID have recruited, since they played their games but RC I'm not sure. I saw him online yesterday, just assumed he recruited real quick.

psusnoop
11-09-2010, 07:16 AM
Week 14 look ahead has only a few games to finish the season. Clemson, Oklahoma, Texas and USC have games in week 14.

fsuprime
11-09-2010, 08:06 AM
do people really just not like to click 'ready to advance'?

psuexv
11-09-2010, 08:14 AM
Week 14 look ahead has only a few games to finish the season. Clemson, Oklahoma, Texas and USC have games in week 14.

I'll be able to play as soon as we advance.

psuexv
11-09-2010, 08:15 AM
do people really just not like to click 'ready to advance'?

They might be scared. You do get that intimidating message when you select it "Are you sure you want to click ready to advance? Once you do so you will not be able to make any chances blah, blah"

fsuprime
11-09-2010, 08:34 AM
u do? i usually click it and then still go back and recruit some more if i want, it keeps all my changes ;)

psuexv
11-09-2010, 08:37 AM
u do? i usually click it and then still go back and recruit some more if i want, it keeps all my changes ;)

LOL - Sorry Prime I was trying to be comical. You do get that message but yes you can still make changes.

Oneback
11-09-2010, 09:17 AM
KingPin has recruited, waiting to hear from ID and RC.

fsuprime
11-09-2010, 09:31 AM
LOL - Sorry Prime I was trying to be comical. You do get that message but yes you can still make changes.

ahhh yes jeffh has taken away all of my ability to see humor in ncaa on this msg board :)

Kingpin32
11-09-2010, 09:39 AM
I always hit ready to advance, I don't know why it doesn't stay green after I click it.

psuexv
11-09-2010, 12:31 PM
BCS breakdown -

These next couple of weeks are definitely going to be interesting.

Penn State has pretty much secured a spot in the MNC.

Miami who will be sitting at #2 after this week still has to get past FSU at #6, probably #5 after this week. Will an FSU win in the ACC championship game move them up with only 1 loss?
Nebraska who will be #3 after this week has a tough Big 12 championship game against now #12 Stanford.
Texas potential #4 - could they move up with a Nebraska and Miami loss?
#7 and #8 Bama and Ole Miss actually will not meet in the SEC championship game. It will be Bama vs #15 Florida. Ole Miss is probably going to a BCS bowl game without playing in their conference championship game.
#9 OSU How far do they jump in the rankings after beating #2? Do they jump far enough that if Miami and Nebraska go down they slide into the MNC?
#10 USC more than likely getting a BCS bowl game unless Stanford beats Nebraska and Nebraska doesn't fall out of the top 10.

psusnoop
11-09-2010, 12:41 PM
Great breakdown, I'd love to get a rematch with the U again this year, but these next advances will be real interesting to say the least.

Oneback
11-09-2010, 01:03 PM
Unless Papa makes a jump into the MNC it will be he and I in the Rose Bowl and I doubt I fall out of the top 10 after going down to #9 by 7.

psuexv
11-09-2010, 01:14 PM
Unless Papa makes a jump into the MNC it will be he and I in the Rose Bowl and I doubt I fall out of the top 10 after going down to #9 by 7.

LOL - Yeah I did miss the Wolverines in my analysis. No I did not have you falling out of the top 10, just not real sure where you are going to land. I'm guessing #7 behind.

My prediction for the Top 10 after this week is
#1 PSU
#2 Miami
#3 Nebraska
#4 Texas
#5 tOSU
#6 FSU
#7 Michigan
#8 Alabama
#9 Ole Miss
#10 USC

psusnoop
11-09-2010, 03:06 PM
Boy does that ever look nice with PSU up top.

Any word from RC or ID about their recruiting Oneback?

Oneback
11-09-2010, 03:58 PM
ID is done, haven't heard from RC.

Oneback
11-09-2010, 03:59 PM
Boy does that ever look nice with PSU up top.

What's it going to look like next year?

Papa LoneStar
11-09-2010, 05:47 PM
If E's prediction for the top 10 holds....it will be a Texas-Ohio State rematch in the Rose bowl. Since the Big 10 has the #1 ranking....the Rose Bowl committee will get the highest ranked at large.

Oneback
11-09-2010, 06:57 PM
If E's prediction for the top 10 holds....it will be a Texas-Ohio State rematch in the Rose bowl. Since the Big 10 has the #1 ranking....the Rose Bowl committee will get the highest ranked at large.

The Rose Bowl is awarded to the #1 team in the Big 10, since this year the #1 team (PSU) will be in the MNC it goes to the #2 team which is....Ohio State, so your right however when I commented earlier I thought he had 2 losses in coference play, but with only one he holds the tie breaker over me.

psuexv
11-09-2010, 08:57 PM
Actually it's not a guarantee that OSU will go to the Rose Bowl. If the #1 team is in the MNC the Bowls get to pick who they want in the game.

JeffHCross
11-09-2010, 11:28 PM
Yeah, I really don't want a rematch with Texas in the Rose Bowl, lol.

Papa LoneStar
11-10-2010, 02:18 AM

JeffHCross
11-10-2010, 02:28 PM
Saying something bad there, Papa? ;)

psuexv
11-10-2010, 04:05 PM
Yes I am jumping ahead, but since it doesn't appear that anyone has a game in Week 15 is anyone still recruiting. I think I've seen a couple of posts where people are done recruiting.

USC is done until the offseason.

JeffHCross
11-10-2010, 04:13 PM
n/m

psusnoop
11-10-2010, 04:22 PM
I have a few guys I'm looking at still. I'm logging in soon

psuexv
11-10-2010, 04:23 PM
I have a few guys I'm looking at still. I'm logging in soon

Come on Snoop, post in the right week.

JeffHCross
11-10-2010, 06:11 PM
Come on Snoop, post in the right week.:D :D :D, you ass.

psusnoop
11-11-2010, 06:17 AM
Yes I am jumping ahead, but since it doesn't appear that anyone has a game in Week 15 is anyone still recruiting. I think I've seen a couple of posts where people are done recruiting.

USC is done until the offseason.

Come on Snoop, post in the right week.

And that is why I said I had a couple of guys I was still looking at

Escobar
11-11-2010, 07:08 PM
that game was ridiculous. constant wide open dropped passes, 2 pic 6's at the end of the game for them from a DT and DE one where I was getting sacked and the DT picked the ball off before it hit the ground in front of me. Marcus Lattimore is a beast tho. He constantly broke 2 and 3 tackles every play.