PDA

View Full Version : The Gaming Tailgate Podcast Ep. 7 - 2010 NCAA Football Community Wishlist Tournament

cdj
11-04-2010, 04:20 PM
In this edition of The Gaming Tailgate podcast, cdj and gschwendt discuss the 2010 NCAA Football Community Wish List Tournament.

The Gaming Tailgate Podcast is now available on iTunes! Copy the following address into iTunes or any other RSS client that supports enclosures: http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/external.php?forumids=39

To submit show feedback or suggest a topic for a future show, e-mail the guys at podcast@thegamingtailgate.com or post your thoughts below.

Listen to the show here or right click and save as (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/MP3s/tgtpodcast7.mp3):
http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/MP3s/tgtpodcast7.mp3

cdj
11-04-2010, 04:27 PM
You can view the page at http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/content.php?291-The-Gaming-Tailgate-Podcast-Ep.-7-2010-NCAA-Football-Community-Wishlist-Tournament&

steelerfan
11-04-2010, 08:22 PM
As usual, great job, guys.

Chris, I'm fully with you that a CH2K-style Coaching Carousel is my #1 wish.

Easy on JoePa, guys!

jWILL10
11-07-2010, 02:21 PM
I think a lot of the current results depend on who's voting, and where the voting is taking place.

For instance, you mentioned how In-Dept Create-A-Play went down early. Now, given the frequency of new posts, it's safe to say that the Gaming Tailgate has a decent sized community. Now, if this were Operation Sports, I think we would see different results, as there are A LOT more users on that site, and they would KILL for IDCAP...

JeffHCross
11-09-2010, 12:45 AM
as there are A LOT more users on that site, and they would KILL for IDCAP...Based on my experience at OS and other communities, it's also possible (possible, note, not certain) that they'd have less users influenced by the "it could be exploited" possibility.

JeffHCross
11-20-2010, 12:22 AM
Hey guys, I finally got around to listening to the full podcast tonight (yeah, I suck). Anyway, at the end you started talking about the coaching carousel. It's worth mentioning that, at least for college basketball (because this was mentioned by the team behind College Hoops), coaches are not under any unionized agreement. For College Hoops, 2k had to get individual likeness deals with every coach in the game. That's why some coaches (i.e. DUKE COACH) are not factual.

cdj
11-20-2010, 12:26 AM
Are you sure on that? I'm pretty sure I've read or heard from both the NCAA Basketball & NCAA Football teams that coaches are represented by the NABC & AFCA, respectively. Now, much like the NFL not all coaches belong to it and those coaches would be the ones they may try and individually approach. I can fire up NCAA BB 09 this weekend and see what it shows in the credits. If they went through the NABC, they should be in the credits.

JeffHCross
11-20-2010, 12:51 AM
Are you sure on that? I'm pretty sure I've read or heard from both the NCAA Basketball & NCAA Football teams that coaches are represented by the NABC & AFCA, respectively. Now, much like the NFL not all coaches belong to it and those coaches would be the ones they may try and individually approach.Well, you might be right. A possible combination of misremembering / misreading.

Here's what IGN's preview said:
There are, however, virtual representations of about 85% of NCAA coaches in the game, including defending champ Roy Williams, as well as former champs Lute Olsen, Tubby Smith and Jim Boeheim. Some notable absences: Coach K, Rick Pitino and Gary Williams. 2K wasn't able to get all the coaches for monetary reasons, saying that Pitino's license would have cost more than the license for the National Association of Basketball Coaches. I thought I'd read somewhere that they had to obtain individual licenses for every coach, but that does make more sense, that the association would cover most of them, but not all.

cdj
11-20-2010, 01:01 AM
Maybe we wouldn't know, but I don't think any non-union member of a coaches or players association has ever been signed into a sports game. If any have, it hasn't been many.

Coincidentally, Madden Podcast #1 is talking about this right now as I listen. They say they do not/cannot go after non-union coaches (and I'd assume the same for players) as it undermines the validity of the union and would remove an incentive coaches have for joining the union.

JeffHCross
11-20-2010, 08:43 AM
Maybe we wouldn't know, but I don't think any non-union member of a coaches or players association has ever been signed into a sports game. If any have, it hasn't been many.Jordan's the only one I know of, actually.