PDA

View Full Version : After Week #9, who should be #1?

cdj
10-31-2010, 10:19 AM
http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/images/NCAA11/Utah.jpg

Week Nine of the college football season is in the books. What team would you vote #1 and why?

- Auburn
- Boise State
- Oregon
- TCU
- Utah
- Other (List below)

JeffHCross
10-31-2010, 11:38 AM
Alright, I'm shifting to Oregon for the first time.

But if TCU has a convincing win against Utah, they'll be #1 after Week 10.

jaymo76
10-31-2010, 02:53 PM
I still like Auburn but the Oregon offense can be a real thing of beauty.

Skillz
10-31-2010, 05:08 PM
Alright, I'm shifting to Oregon for the first time.

But if TCU has a convincing win against Utah, they'll be #1 after Week 10.

You cant be serious. You mean to tell me that if TCU beats Utah then suddenly that makes them better than an Oregon team that dominated USC? I don't buy it.

JeffHCross
10-31-2010, 05:18 PM
You cant be serious. You mean to tell me that if TCU beats Utah then suddenly that makes them better than an Oregon team that dominated USC? I don't buy it.I'm not convinced USC is a good team. I haven't been convinced of that all year. USC played Oregon better than the Trojans have played a lot of people, but that tends to happen when you have a top tier team come to your house.

Utah is a Top 10 team. Besides Alabama / Auburn, it's the only Top 10 matchup remaining this season. A convincing win against a Top 10 team will say a lot about TCU. Note that I said convincing.

psusnoop
11-02-2010, 03:23 PM
I don't buy TCU because I don't think Dalton is a very good QB. I've watched a couple of their games and he has been less then impressive to say the least. Based on that, I would think a solid defense would stifle the TCU rushing and air attack big time, throw in their schedule and I just don't think they are worthy of the #1 spot.

JBHuskers
11-02-2010, 06:44 PM
My Top 10:

1. Oregon (--)
2. Boise State (--)
3. Auburn (--)
4. TCU (6)
5. Utah (7)
6. Wisconsin (8)
7. Nebraska (NR)
8. Ohio State (9)
9. Alabama (10)
10. Stanford (NR)

Others receiving a thought or two: LSU, Oklahoma, Missouri, Arizona, Oklahoma State