PDA

View Full Version : Week 11, 2012

Oneback
10-28-2010, 07:37 PM
=============== #13 Oklahoma Sooners (7-2) ===============
Last week, Oklahoma lost 31-28 against USC (6-2).
This week, the Sooners are idle.
In recruiting news, the following Oklahoma targets have announced their decisions:
- (*****) FB Brandon Schroeder has committed to Ohio State
- (***) DT Joseph Graham has committed to Louisville
- (****) RE Jake White has committed to Oklahoma
- (*****) HB Nick Webster has committed to Oklahoma

=============== #12 Clemson Tigers (9-1) ===============
Last week, Clemson won 42-16 against Duke (1-8).
This week, the Tigers travel to Tallahassee to face the #7 Florida State Seminoles (9-1).
In recruiting news, the following Clemson targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) WR Jim Vickers has committed to Boise State

=============== #7 Florida State Seminoles (9-1) ===============
Last week, Florida State won 40-7 against NC State (3-6).
This week, the Seminoles will host #12 Clemson (9-1).
In recruiting news, the following Florida State targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) MLB Josh Barnes has committed to Texas
- (****) QB Paul McPherson has committed to Florida State

=============== #4 Miami Hurricanes (10-0) ===============
Last week, Miami won 23-20 against Virginia Tech (7-3).
This week, the Hurricanes travel to Colorado Springs to face the Air Force Falcons (5-4).
In recruiting news, the following Miami targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) HB Chad Cohen has committed to TCU

=============== #2 Michigan Wolverines (9-0) ===============
Last week, Michigan won 38-0 against Minnesota (2-6).
This week, the Wolverines travel to Champaign to face the Illinois Fighting Illini (5-3).
In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) SS Andre Harper has committed to Michigan
- (***) P Donnie Bean has committed to Alabama

=============== #11 Ohio State Buckeyes (7-2) ===============
Last week, Ohio State won 28-21 against Northwestern (3-6).
This week, the Buckeyes will host Purdue (3-5).
In recruiting news, the following Ohio State targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) QB Joel Gibbons has committed to Ohio State

=============== #1 Penn State Nittany Lions (9-0) ===============
Last week, Penn State won 73-0 against Virginia (4-5).
This week, the Nittany Lions travel to Madison to face the #10 Wisconsin Badgers (7-2).
In recruiting news, the following Penn State targets have announced their decisions:
- (*****) RE Robert O'Neal has committed to USC

=============== Oregon Ducks (6-3) ===============
Last week, Oregon won 40-7 against UCLA (1-8).
This week, the Ducks are idle.

=============== #8 USC Trojans (6-2) ===============
Last week, USC won 31-28 against Oklahoma (7-2).
This week, the Trojans travel to Austin to face the #6 Texas Longhorns (8-1).
In recruiting news, the following USC targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) RE Jordan Daniels has committed to USC
- (****) RT Adam Davis has committed to USC
- (****) HB Kevin Edwards has committed to USC
- (*****) RE Robert O'Neal has committed to USC
- (*****) C Carlos Wilson has committed to USC
- (*****) DT Micah Moore has committed to USC

=============== #20 Virginia Tech Hokies (7-3) ===============
Last week, Virginia Tech lost 23-20 against Miami (10-0).
This week, the Hokies will host Bowling Green (4-4).
In recruiting news, the following Virginia Tech targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) LT Matt Harvey has committed to Washington
- (***) C Eric Ellis has committed to Connecticut
- (***) LOLB Matthew Gonzales has committed to Navy
- (***) RT Jamal Bates has committed to Virginia Tech
- (****) WR Jeremy Weber has committed to Virginia Tech

=============== #6 Texas Longhorns (8-1) ===============
Last week, Texas won 65-6 against Cal (4-4).
This week, the Longhorns will host #8 USC (6-2).
In recruiting news, the following Texas targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) TE Kyle Barbour has committed to Alabama
- (****) SS Andre Harper has committed to Michigan

=============== #10 Wisconsin Badgers (7-2) ===============
Last week, Wisconsin won 49-21 against Purdue (3-5).
This week, the Badgers will host #1 Penn State (9-0).
In recruiting news, the following Wisconsin targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) LOLB Cedric Chase has committed to Wisconsin
- (***) CB Brian Lawrence has committed to Wisconsin
- (****) QB Paul McPherson has committed to Florida State

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oneback
10-28-2010, 07:43 PM
Sorry about the late advance. I left work an hour late then ran into probably the worst traffic ever (the entire Metroplex trying to get home for the Ranger game).

Oneback
10-28-2010, 07:44 PM
I cannot believe Ole Miss and I are tied in the BCS.

JeffHCross
10-28-2010, 07:49 PM
=============== #11 Ohio State Buckeyes (7-2) ===============
Last week, Ohio State won 28-21 against Northwestern (3-6).
This week, the Buckeyes will host Purdue (3-5).
In recruiting news, the following Ohio State targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) QB Joel Gibbons has committed to Ohio State
Yes, yes, yes.

Kingpin32
10-28-2010, 07:58 PM
The Ducks are bowl eligible again. A successful step in the takeover of the Pac-10 lol.

JeffHCross
10-28-2010, 07:58 PM
Snoop and I are both seeing e-mails to our accounts that had no results and mention no recruits. Also, when we go to the Dynasty Wire and into Recruiting, there are "No Records Found".

Anybody seeing the same? Or seeing different?

psuexv
10-28-2010, 08:28 PM
I had to retire and rejoin since I wasn't able to get into the wire after the restart. When I log into the wire it seems ok.

JeffHCross
10-28-2010, 08:54 PM
Miami has 3 players listed as semifinalists for the Thorpe. Florida State has all 4 defensive backfield starters as semifinalists.

Curiously (at least curious because of those numbers), a Big Ten player leads the Thorpe right now -- Penn State's CB Derrick Thomas (sadly, this is not at all a surprise for me).

JeffHCross
10-28-2010, 10:11 PM
Ohio State's coaching staff had taken heat in recent weeks on the radio airwaves, with fans calling in with complaints about the conservative playing time many top seniors and starters had seen in recent weeks. Coach JeffHCross responded during this week's media luncheon, saying that he was fearful of late season injuries that would have an adverse effect on the Buckeyes going into contests at Iowa and versus Michigan.

For the second time in three weeks, Ohio State's worst fears were realized when a starter went down before being pulled. Two weeks ago the Buckeyes lost MLB Randy Homa, a starter in the Buckeyes' 34 defense, for the remainder of the year. This week an otherwise innocuous pass completion left do-everything Freshman WR Ken-Yon Rambo with a broken collarbone, an injury that will end his season early and potentially give him lingering problems into spring ball or even summer drills next season.

ESPN's Erin Andrews described the Buckeyes' sidelines as "in a state of shock" after Rambo was carted off the field late in the 3rd quarter.

Rambo finished this week's contest with 7 receptions for 140 yards and 2 TDs, and provided a much-needed spark to the Buckeyes' offense in the third quarter. Rambo scored the first TD of the third, grabbing 76 yards on 3 receptions. This started the game-changing rally, as the Buckeyes' turned a 14-0 halftime lead into a 35-6 dominance.

Rambo's season stats totaled 36 receptions for 782 yards and 5 TDs. He also fielded 34 punts for 394 yards and 1 TD. (Hopefully that's enough to fulfill the 'significant playing time' promise)

Joe Germaine grabbed player of the game honors for his 26/37 for 438 yards and 4 TD performance.

gschwendt
10-28-2010, 10:13 PM
Snoop and I are both seeing e-mails to our accounts that had no results and mention no recruits. Also, when we go to the Dynasty Wire and into Recruiting, there are "No Records Found".

Anybody seeing the same? Or seeing different?My emails are fine but I get the same regarding recruits both on my target list and when searching for recruits.

Papa LoneStar
10-29-2010, 12:38 AM
The #6 Longhorns down the #8 Trojans 35-21 in Austin....in what was likely the Pac-10 title game.
Longhorn offense: 21 first downs, 259 rushing yards, 4-4 redzone TDs
QB Garrett Gilbert, Sr: 8-11 161 yards 1 TD 1 INT
RB Chris Whaley, Sr: 19 car 98 yards 4 TD
RB Earl Campbell Jr, Fr: 18 car 134 yards
Longhorn defense: 3 interceptions
MLB Jordan Hicks, Fr: 6 tackles, 1 INT
FS Kenny Vaccaro, Sr: 3 tackles, 1 INT
CB Michael Carter, So: 2 tackles, 1 INT, 1 pass deflection (first game as new starting CB)
DT Calvin Howell, Jr: 1 sack
Next up: BYE for Week 12....Week 13: at Texas Tech....7pm central on ABC

Papa LoneStar
10-29-2010, 12:39 AM
Same as G with the email

Oneback
10-29-2010, 07:59 AM
Not sure about the emails but if I remember correctly on the Dynasty Wire recruiting was broken until we advanced to the new season.

Oneback
10-29-2010, 08:00 AM
Was the Penn State/Wisky game not played last night? I await results.

psuexv
10-29-2010, 08:17 AM

All I know is I got a very enthusiastic text message from Snoop last night when the game was over. Can't wait to hear about it.

psuexv
10-29-2010, 08:20 AM
Good game last night Papa. The end of the 2nd and the pick to start the 3rd were definitely the difference in the game. Whaley is unreal to try and bring down.

With Texas up 14-7 late in the 2nd the Trojans failed to capitalize on a pick of Gilbert and tossed one themselves and then proceeded to give up a touchdown drive that started with around 40 seconds on the clock. USC got the ball to start the 3rd and threw a pick on the first drive. Texas scored to and pretty much put the game out of reach.

gschwendt
10-29-2010, 09:00 AM
It was played... Penn State won. I'll let snoop fill in the details.

psuexv
10-29-2010, 09:11 AM
It was played... Penn State won. I'll let snoop fill in the details.

G - sounds like you feel the same way about your game as I do.

psuexv
10-29-2010, 10:52 AM
Wonder what the odds of an advance tonight are. I need to get this stink of losing off of me.

psusnoop
10-29-2010, 11:06 AM
QUOTE=gschwendt;28303]It was played... Penn State won. I'll let snoop fill in the details.[/QUOTE]

Game 34-27 PSU

PSU started with 3 fumbles to start the game and I think Wisconsin got points on all 3 of them. The first one happened at about the 50yd line when Dukes went out for a breather and Redd came in (as Tex knows from the National Title game) Redd has issues with ball control and once again he put it on the ground. I'm down 7-0. Next drive I figure I'll get Newsome "into" the game so I thought I'd run a power option which was open had I kept the ball with him, instead I thought I'd share it and pitched it right to a Wisconsin defender who returned it to the house for a 14-0 lead. Still thinking I needed to show I could pass I knew I needed to get Newsome going since this was his first game back after missing 8 games with a broken collarbone and I was facing a 3rd and 7 I think around the 45 of PSU. I threw an "in" with Schroeder and he was well past the first down marker and I decided to try a juke and got popped and coughed it up again for the 3rd fumble in as many possessions. I held Wisky to a FG 17-0 Wisky. On that play Newsome took a shot as well and was knocked out of the game again, so with my #1 QB out again now, my #2 still out as well in comes my #3 QB Paul Jones. Jones led PSU down the field to end the half and set up a 30+yd fg attempt, but I shanked it and went in to half down 17-0.
To start the third PSU got the ball and on the kickoff I was flagged for holding. Pushing me back to the 9yd line, I called a stretch run and was able to break it for a 91yd scamper with Dukes which turned the momentum for PSU 17-7. Wisky responded though with a TD 24-7. PSU then continued a ground attack that would ultimately doom Wisky in the end. PSU had 2 key interceptions in the second half to squash drives for Wisky as well.

Here is the thing that was really interesting. G and I were trading texts about this after the game. My QB 3rd stringer has an awareness rating of 58 but from the first snap he was in till the game winning drive in the 4th with under 2 minutes to go he was not rattled one bit. That is/was the part that was really weird and confused both of us (I'm still confused).

Good game G!

Oneback
10-29-2010, 11:23 AM
Maybe he's just a gamer. Or its PSU's destiny.

psusnoop
10-29-2010, 11:37 AM
I'll tell you one thing, he is putting up some sick numbers for a RS SO and 3rd stringer that is for sure.

For the year in place of the top two guys due to injuries Jones is:

63 for 91 (69%) 10 TD's 0 INT's and 1029 yds.

This guy may have played himself from 3rd stringer to starter this year.

psuexv
10-29-2010, 11:54 AM
I guess that 1 point matters. My backup Scroggins has a 57 awareness and my routes were squiggly the whole time. Most times I didn't have all of my receiver icons either.

psusnoop
10-29-2010, 12:29 PM
I guess that 1 point matters. My backup Scroggins has a 57 awareness and my routes were squiggly the whole time. Most times I didn't have all of my receiver icons either.

See here at PSU we build composure first and foremost. We are not a 1 QB team either and for that matter if we have an injury we simply plug in the next guy and stick to the gameplan status quo. We never use the words rebuilding, or young here at PSU. If you can play you can play, but if your struggling then you'll find yourself buried on the depth chart. Just ask that to my 2 SR MLB's, Yanich has been nothing short of a disappointment from the time he stepped on this campus.

psusnoop
10-29-2010, 12:30 PM
Back to back home Rivarly games await PSU now with Minny and MSU coming into town these next two weeks. Should be a fun couple of games.

gschwendt
10-29-2010, 04:38 PM
Looks like we're just waiting on games from Michigan and Virginia Tech. Some may also need to recruit.

Escobar
10-29-2010, 04:49 PM
My team did everything they could to give that game away. SMH

fsuprime
10-29-2010, 05:56 PM
gg escobar, that 3 minute stretch in the 3rd quarter was probably the ugliest football ive ever seen lol.

Clemson throws pick in endzone
FSU fumbles on a pitch
clemson misses FG
FSU fumbles again i think.

i really want to start a OD with michigan state now, they are making me so happy in real life! almost takes the sting out of losing to nc st last night.

texacotea
10-30-2010, 06:33 AM
will play mine this afternoon

Oneback
10-30-2010, 07:49 AM
I will be playing my game today after my mother heads back to Michigan...I was playing tour guide last night driving my mother and sister through Dallas and Fort Worth while my sister played the role of the perfect tourist taking pictures of everything.

psuexv
10-30-2010, 09:29 AM
Any updates from RC?

Oneback
10-30-2010, 10:53 AM
Just sent him a text.

texacotea
10-30-2010, 03:42 PM
Done....waiting in OB and RC. Miami takes care of Air force 49-0. DT Forston made the play of the night by picking the pitch off on a toss play

Oneback
10-30-2010, 05:36 PM
Just sent him a text.

RC is going to play tonight hopefully but he said if not he will by tomorrow afternoon. I am going to the Cowboys game tomorrow so things will be kinda up in the air for an advance if he doesn't play tonight.

I plan on playing after the Rangers game.

texacotea
10-30-2010, 07:12 PM
RC is going to play tonight hopefully but he said if not he will by tomorrow afternoon. I am going to the Cowboys game tomorrow so things will be kinda up in the air for an advance if he doesn't play tonight.

I plan on playing after the Rangers game.

BOOOOO.....we got to pick it up

Oneback
10-30-2010, 08:58 PM
I agree, now that my household/schedule is returning to normal I shouldn't be holding us up anymore.

JeffHCross
10-30-2010, 11:06 PM
I agree, now that my household/schedule is returning to normal I shouldn't be holding us up anymore.To be honest, I don't think you've held us up a single time. Sure, you fell asleep early that one night, but that's life.

Oneback
10-30-2010, 11:27 PM
Michigan takes down Illinois 38-3.

The defense led the way once again only allowing 163 yards and forcing 4 turnovers, two of which were returned for touchdowns and 3 sacks. The offense never really got off the bus, only gaining 236 yards.

QB Tate Forcier - 7/11 97 yards
Nick Cleveland - 15 car 83 yards 2 touchdowns
WR James Furguson - 2 rec 55 yards

DT Jesse Williams - 8 tkls, 5 tfl, 1 sack

psusnoop
10-31-2010, 10:11 AM
BOOOOO.....we got to pick it up

RC, any update as to when your getting your game in?

RcSinger
11-05-2010, 09:38 AM
Sorry guys, life's gotten turned upside down lately. My Father-in-law was put in ICU 2 weekends ago and it appears as though we are in the last days. My wife is naturally very emotional right now as are my kids. I have played the game for this week (and next week) but I just wanted to chime in to let you guys know why I haven't been on the board much the last 2 weeks.

Oneback
11-05-2010, 09:43 AM
Sorry to hear that RC.

JeffHCross
11-05-2010, 10:39 AM
Terribly sorry to hear that RC, but appreciate the update. Let us know if you need some time -- we'll all understand.

psusnoop
11-05-2010, 10:49 AM
Sorry to hear that RC