PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know of a play to double cover the slot receiver?

psuexv
10-27-2010, 02:25 PM
I've tried a couple of different formations and plays but I can't find a play that actually doubles the slot receiver.

gschwendt
10-27-2010, 02:40 PM
I've tried a couple of different formations and plays but I can't find a play that actually doubles the slot receiver.
I know in the 425 & 335 there are examples. Additionally you could manually hot route a defender to cover the slot... just choose a blitzing/spying LB or DB so that no coverage is lost.

psuexv
10-27-2010, 02:42 PM
I know in the 425 & 335 there are examples. Additionally you could manually hot route a defender to cover the slot... just choose a blitzing/spying LB or DB so that no coverage is lost.

Thanks G - I'll have to go back into practice and check it out. I could have sworn every double play I could find covered the outside receivers. I may have just missed it though.

psusnoop
10-27-2010, 03:18 PM
Is this question regarding what you saw last night with the verticals route?

psuexv
10-27-2010, 03:27 PM
Is this question regarding what you saw last night with the verticals route?

Pretty much. I was able to adjust and I ran Nickel Cover One and flipped the play so my left linebacker and strong safety were dropping into a zone and that pretty much stopped it anytime he came out in 3 wides. But yes I looked in game to find a double the slot and then played around last night in practice trying to find a play.

JeffHCross
10-27-2010, 08:48 PM
Look in the Nickel and Dime packages as well. I know there used to be something in at least one of those.

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
10-28-2010, 09:01 AM
best thing to do would be to run Nickel/Dime Normal cover 2 man... then hot route the safety to that side of the slot to cover him and then user the other safety... OR if you want to play a DL... you can hot route the safety still in zone to cover the middle of the field by triangle then right analog stick to that direction...

JeffHCross
10-28-2010, 07:11 PM
Nickel Normal Double Slot. That's the play I was thinking of. Nothing in Dime.

psuexv
10-28-2010, 07:42 PM
Nickel Normal Double Slot. That's the play I was thinking of. Nothing in Dime.

Jeff is this in the 4-3 playbook? The only thing that I see is Double X and DBL Z Bracket(which doubles the outside receiver)

JeffHCross
10-28-2010, 08:07 PM
Jeff is this in the 4-3 playbook? The only thing that I see is Double X and DBL Z Bracket(which doubles the outside receiver)Honestly, I was looking at the Playbook Search tool from '10. I didn't have my PS3 up at the time.

gigemaggs99
03-01-2011, 01:33 PM
Not sure if this still an active topic but you can manually double team a guy, press X (PS3) and then the icon of the WR you want to double team. The defensive player you are currently controlling with pressing these buttons will then double team that player. So be careful who you assign this double team too.