PDA

View Full Version : For Madden Players - Need Wishlist Items

JBHuskers
10-27-2010, 12:59 PM
We are going to put together a similar tournament for Madden this year as we are currently doing with NCAA, and we would like to have your input in regards to what you want to see.

morsdraconis
10-27-2010, 02:22 PM
The entire next iteration of the game needs to be focused on Franchise mode offline. If they don't do anything to that, there's really no point in playing the damn game.

JBHuskers
10-27-2010, 02:43 PM
I'll add my own items as I think of them.

Deeper scouting of college players in franchise.
Commentary that references season and career events.
All features of free agency/salary cap in Online Franchise

steelerfan
10-27-2010, 03:02 PM
The biggest problem with proper RFA/UFA/Cap implementation may be the current CBA and when or if it gets ironed out.

One thing that irks me about Madden is the handling of advertisements. If I was Verizon, I would be more than upset that Sprint's name still appears in the Extra Point. As someone who plays the game, it shows me that this mode received no attention whatsoever. They push all this advertising, the sponsors change, and the old sponsor can still be found in the game. It took me one game of Franchise Mode to find that. If you're going to have ads, make damn sure they're gone when the sponsors change.

Enough about that.

I'd like to see proper IR implementation, practice squads and 80-man preseason rosters.

skipwondah33
10-27-2010, 04:50 PM
- I'd like to see more reactive based man coverage, instead of predicting. I don't mind every once in a while an elite CB having the ability to read a route perfectly, but predicting the entire route from the moment the ball is snapped including double-move routes shouldn't happen by everyone.

The man coverage rating should factor in more instead of speed, agility and acceleration being the dominating factors. The Raiders are a solid defensive team, but not nearly as overly effective as they are in this game because of their speed.

- The animations that are in offline games when you are playing the CPU are not the same as the animations that are in online mode. I'd like to see those offline animations incorporated into online games. For example in offline games the way ball carriers are tackled is different, they sometimes try to spin out of tackles or just flat out get tackled differently. Whereas in online games, there are only a few animations that happen when getting tackled. One particular is when some uses the hit stick on defense, too many times the ball carrier doesn't deal with hit sticks but only one or two ways, get blown back or undercut.

JBHuskers
10-28-2010, 01:02 AM
Thanks for the responses....keep em coming!

jaymo76
10-28-2010, 09:29 PM
Just off the top of my head:

Weekly wrap-up show
RFA & UFA, even if it is from the old agreement
Injured reserve that actually works
Dynamic commentary
Create a play
Create a playbook
Madden Teambuilder
100% re-done move the franchise options
Custom divisions/conferences
Real-time dynamic player signing
Create a coach
Fire/hire coaching staff mid season
Switch teams option (GM Mode)

CLW
11-08-2010, 06:37 PM
They need to COMPLETELY revamp franchise mode (both online and offline). Also they need to make EVERYTHING in offline chises available in online chises.

jaymo76
11-12-2010, 09:36 PM
Okay I'll just say it... bring back the Tony Bruno Show and the whole email system.

JBHuskers
11-13-2010, 01:54 PM
Keep em coming fellas, I would like to have 32 solid individual items to vote on once we wrap up the NCAA tournament.

JeffHCross
11-13-2010, 01:57 PM
I honestly think it would be surprising, at best, to get a 32-choice tournament about Madden on TGT. 16 at best sounds right. Maybe 24.

Online Franchise being a more complete version of Franchise mode is the only way they'd get me to play Madden ever again. NCAA has spoiled me so much with Online Dynasty that I can't play offline anymore.

morsdraconis
11-13-2010, 11:27 PM
only[/b] way they'd get me to play Madden ever again. NCAA has spoiled me so much with Online Dynasty that I can't play offline anymore.

I'm the same way, and, even then, I'm not sure how long it would hold my attention to be honest. The Hall of Fame mode was fun to mess around with when my friend would come over. We played the hell out of the Madden 08 and 09 for the PS2 with that mode, but beyond that, never really played it much in franchise mode or anything.

It just seems to not emulate true NFL football so much so that it's actually almost bland to play. That gameplay actually seems more arcade-like than I ever remember Madden feeling...

jaymo76
11-14-2010, 05:03 PM
This is a little out of the box but it kind of just popped into my head. I would like to be able to IMPORT A COACH from NCAA FOOTBALL. So in other words, I make myself coach in NCAA12 and then play at the NCAA level until I import myself to Madden. My record as a coach and all of my accomplishments would also transfer over to determine my strenghts and weaknesses as a head coach. I would then get contract offers based on my abilities as a coach. Each offer would have pros and cons just like NCAA. After this I would hire my own coaching staff/coordinators , create my playbook and go from there. It's just a thought but I think it would be a lot of fun.

JBHuskers
11-18-2010, 12:35 PM
Another item - snapshot feature similar to NCAA 11

jaymo76
11-21-2010, 12:42 PM
Oops, almost forgot... ESPN integration AND NFL Network integration

souljahbill
11-22-2010, 10:03 PM
I don't play Madden but I know that if you import a draft class with created school players, Madden doesn't recognize the school and puts a generic N/A next to college. It'd be nice if that were fixable.

JBHuskers
11-22-2010, 11:33 PM
Like I said, thanks and keep em coming. I think the next step once we get done with the NCAA tourney is I will unveil the seedings, but they can be up for debate. If any group of people think something should be changed, we adjust seeds.

steelerfan
11-23-2010, 12:48 AM
we adjust seeds.

Thanks for saying "adjust" instead of "swap".

JBHuskers
11-23-2010, 08:36 AM
Thanks for saying "adjust" instead of "swap".

Well we all know you were hoping for swapping seeds ....

steelerfan
11-23-2010, 05:29 PM
Well we all know you were hoping for swapping seeds ....:sick::sick:

SmoothPancakes
11-23-2010, 08:14 PM
:sick::sick:

What's wrong buddy? You don't like swapping seeds with anonymous men on the interwebz? :D

steelerfan
11-24-2010, 03:12 AM
What's wrong buddy? You don't like swapping seeds with anonymous men on the interwebz? :D

That's what interstate rest stops are for. :(:dunno::eek::sick:

SmoothPancakes
11-25-2010, 05:59 AM
That's what interstate rest stops are for. :(:dunno::eek::sick:

Touche my friend, touche.

jaymo76
11-27-2010, 01:39 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYF9Mebbs-k

I found this interesting clip of Madden franchise mode in Wii. It's silly and hokey but I can't believe it has more depth than my PS3 version...

JeffHCross
11-27-2010, 09:34 PM
I think that distinctly depends on what you define as "depth".

EDIT: I don't immediately see anything that's available in that, but is not in Offline PS3 Franchise mode.

jaymo76
11-27-2010, 09:49 PM
I think that distinctly depends on what you define as "depth".

EDIT: I don't immediately see anything that's available in that, but is not in Offline PS3 Franchise mode.

As I say, it looks silly BUT you have the ability to set prices (tickets, parking, food, etc) just like on last gen, you have advisors and you have goals that must be met with those advisors or else you are terminated (attendance, profit, on-field success). There is another youtube video that shows a person getting fired for not meeting the goals. It does actually have more depth than the PS3. Now let's be clear... it looks awful but I'm just saying that even the Wii is more feature rich this year than Madden 11 on PS3.

JeffHCross
11-27-2010, 11:05 PM
Huh. For some reason I thought you could set tickets and what not in PS3 Madden, but apparently not.

I'd suspect the Wii version was developed from the PS2 version, like NCAA was. That would explain it.

jaymo76
11-28-2010, 12:29 AM
Huh. For some reason I thought you could set tickets and what not in PS3 Madden, but apparently not.

I'd suspect the Wii version was developed from the PS2 version, like NCAA was. That would explain it.

Nope, you can longer do anything with finances. I think the reason that Madden has been met with such resentment this year is because the depth from last gen is still missing. Plus with zero franchise updates a lot of people felt ripped off. I only play franchise so that was an issue for me. However, I am expecting an absolutely massive year for Madden 12. I think the developers have got a loud clear message from the gaming community.