PDA

View Full Version : Week 10, 2012

Oneback
10-22-2010, 09:46 PM
=============== #8 Oklahoma Sooners (7-1) ===============
Last week, Oklahoma won 52-31 against Virginia (4-4).
This week, the Sooners travel to Los Angeles to face the #11 USC Trojans (5-2).
In recruiting news, the following Oklahoma targets have announced their decisions:
- (*****) QB Anthony Cole has committed to TCU
- (****) SS Joey Wilson has committed to Oklahoma
- (*) FB Luke Dailey has committed to Colorado
- (***) DT Brian Whitworth has committed to Temple
- (***) C Jamaal Franklin has committed to Washington
- (**) MLB John Brown has committed to Colorado State

=============== #13 Clemson Tigers (8-1) ===============
Last week, Clemson won 51-28 against Georgia Tech (5-3).
This week, the Tigers travel to Durham to face the Duke Blue Devils (1-7).
In recruiting news, the following Clemson targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) LG Neal Reyes has committed to Alabama
- (***) HB Marcus Suggs has committed to Texas Tech

=============== #7 Florida State Seminoles (8-1) ===============
Last week, Florida State won 47-12 against Maryland (5-2).
This week, the Seminoles travel to Raleigh to face the NC State Wolfpack (3-5).
In recruiting news, the following Florida State targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) QB Cedric Hall has committed to Florida State

=============== #4 Miami Hurricanes (9-0) ===============
Last week, Miami won 67-13 against North Carolina (2-5).
This week, the Hurricanes will host #18 Virginia Tech (7-2).
In recruiting news, the following Miami targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) SS Justin Pierre has committed to TCU
- (****) CB Josh Meyers has committed to Boise State
- (*****) LT Brian Goddard has committed to Miami
- (*****) HB Jerome Brown has committed to Texas

=============== #2 Michigan Wolverines (8-0) ===============
Last week, Michigan won 42-7 against Iowa (2-4).
This week, the Wolverines travel to Minneapolis to face the Minnesota Golden Gophers (2-5).

=============== #12 Ohio State Buckeyes (6-2) ===============
Last week, Ohio State won 56-7 against Indiana (4-4).
This week, the Buckeyes travel to Evanston to face the Northwestern Wildcats (3-5).
In recruiting news, the following Ohio State targets have announced their decisions:
- (*****) WR Mark James has committed to Ohio State
- (***) K Carl Reid has committed to Ohio State
- (****) SS Troy Chase has committed to Ohio State
- (****) WR Anthony Moody has committed to Ohio State

=============== #1 Penn State Nittany Lions (8-0) ===============
Last week, Penn State won 73-3 against Purdue (3-4).
This week, the Nittany Lions travel to Charlottesville to face the Virginia Cavaliers (4-4).
In recruiting news, the following Penn State targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) ROLB Brian Waller has committed to Penn State
- (****) LG Christian Washington has committed to Penn State
- (*****) LT Brian Goddard has committed to Miami

=============== Oregon Ducks (5-3) ===============
Last week the Ducks were idle.
This week, the Ducks travel to Pasadena to face the UCLA Bruins (1-7).
In recruiting news, the following Oregon targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) HB Tommy Wynn has committed to Oregon
- (****) RT Wes Anderson has committed to Oregon

=============== #11 USC Trojans (5-2) ===============
Last week, USC won 59-22 against Oklahoma State (3-5).
This week, the Trojans will host #8 Oklahoma (7-1).
In recruiting news, the following USC targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) LE Josh Thompson has committed to USC
- (****) WR Allen Smith has committed to USC
- (*****) SS Jesse Banks has committed to TCU

=============== #18 Virginia Tech Hokies (7-2) ===============
Last week, Virginia Tech won 35-21 against Boston College (3-5).
This week, the Hokies travel to Miami to face the #4 Miami Hurricanes (9-0).
In recruiting news, the following Virginia Tech targets have announced their decisions:
- (**) C Mike Watson has committed to Florida
- (****) SS Joey Wilson has committed to Oklahoma
- (****) WR Anthony Moody has committed to Ohio State
- (****) LE Kyle Edwards has committed to Missouri
- (****) LG Will Bryan has committed to Notre Dame
- (***) LOLB William Harris has committed to Rutgers
- (*****) WR Mark James has committed to Ohio State
- (****) RT Wes Anderson has committed to Oregon
- (***) C Sam Luke has committed to West Virginia
- (***) CB Mark Pryor has committed to Notre Dame

=============== #6 Texas Longhorns (7-1) ===============
Last week, Texas won 45-13 against UCLA (1-7).
This week, the Longhorns will host Cal (4-3).
In recruiting news, the following Texas targets have announced their decisions:
- (*****) HB Jerome Brown has committed to Texas

=============== #10 Wisconsin Badgers (6-2) ===============
Last week, Wisconsin won 38-7 against Northwestern (3-5).
This week, the Badgers travel to West Lafayette to face the Purdue Boilermakers (3-4).
In recruiting news, the following Wisconsin targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) ROLB Todd Walden has committed to Wisconsin
- (***) FS David Jacobs has committed to Wisconsin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Iron Dragon
10-22-2010, 09:54 PM
I can't get in for some reason. Might be my net.

JeffHCross
10-22-2010, 09:58 PM
Same here. I was able to download the file, but I'm getting blocked at the point where it checks Dynasty Status while it's loading the interface.

psuexv
10-22-2010, 09:59 PM
Same here. Downloaded the file fine but gives me a transferred failed message. Rebooted PS3 and still no go. Am able to get into other dynasties though.

JeffHCross
10-22-2010, 10:01 PM
I can get into the dynasty wire though. Suggests that it's not the servers being down.

texacotea
10-22-2010, 10:04 PM
I cant either....can get into another dynasty but not this one

Oneback
10-22-2010, 10:04 PM
Looks like I may need to reload the OD then....this is getting old, but at least we have a fix.

I'll take a look after the Rangers game.

JeffHCross
10-22-2010, 10:05 PM
Well, it's quite clear that something went horribly wrong with the reliability of Online Dynasty this year.

psuexv
10-22-2010, 10:06 PM
This is just weird. It downloads all the data that it needs and I just had my scroll bar start to pop up across the top and then it gave me the error. It's freakin messing with me.... it wants to load.

psuexv
10-22-2010, 10:07 PM
Looks like I may need to reload the OD then....this is getting old, but at least we have a fix.

I'll take a look after the Rangers game.

Take your time OB - Enjoy the biggest moment in Rangers history so far.

psuexv
10-22-2010, 10:08 PM
Take your time OB - Enjoy the biggest moment in Rangers history so far.

If he strikes out Arod that would just be something special

Oneback
10-22-2010, 11:00 PM
OD has been reloaded. I then went and tried to kick everyone out so they would need to rejoin and was only able to kick Escobar out, everyone else I got a Database Error on so I assume we are going to continue having problems going forward.

New OD name is PowerhouseOnline

Oneback
10-22-2010, 11:04 PM
Invites have been sent out to everyone.

JeffHCross
10-22-2010, 11:23 PM
OB, I'm only seeing 7 teams listed on the Dynasty Central page. Escobar, Snoop, Prime, Dragon and Singer aren't showing. Did you invite them?

Oneback
10-22-2010, 11:31 PM
I did but they haven't joined yet.

JeffHCross
10-23-2010, 12:32 AM
I did but they haven't joined yet.Ah. I was thinking that list would show pending as well.

JeffHCross
10-23-2010, 12:46 AM
+924 and -96 to the #2 team on an x2 call. Wow. Lowest topic was 101, highest was 200. Wow.

Iron Dragon
10-23-2010, 09:15 AM
The Sooners will be without Jermie Calhoun after he broke some ribs two weeks ago. The Sooners are also still missing #3 WR Brett Muse (Abdominal Tear) and #2 DT Stacy McGee (Hip).

Despite missing last week and this week, Calhoun will still be a Heisman favorite with 1428 yards and 21 rush TDs this year, along with 3 receiving.

Roy Finch, who gained an OVR point this week and rushed for 264 yards and 3 TDs against Virginia will maintain his starting job against the Trojans.

JeffHCross
10-23-2010, 11:04 AM
Ohio State suffers through absolutely horrible conditions in Evanston, Illinois, but survives the upset bid, 28-21. The Northwestern Wildcats led 21-14 at halftime. The Buckeyes were able to tie it up in the 3rd quarter, and scored the lone points of the final frame to come away with the victory.

With the rainy conditions, broken coverage was the only saving grace for either team's passing game. Three touchdowns were scored on plays where the receivers found themselves all alone. Both teams were only meagerly above 50% completions, with Ohio State throwing 4 interceptions and Northwestern suffering 7 drops.

psusnoop
10-23-2010, 03:20 PM
I will join here later and play my game too. Sorry for the delay.

Kingpin32
10-23-2010, 04:04 PM
I'll get my game in too after the Auburn game.

JeffHCross
10-23-2010, 04:34 PM
I will join here later and play my game too. Sorry for the delay.As when the noon games started, I was the only one that had finished. I don't think you're delaying anything.

psusnoop
10-23-2010, 07:45 PM
Cool because I might not kick off till 1030 or 11 tonight. Looking forward to seeing how the class is coming (saw the advance) since I lost out on the [5star] Tackle to Tex. That is/was terrible. That guy flip flopped soft to us both then choose the U. Grrr. Nice get Tex.

JeffHCross
10-23-2010, 08:50 PM
Gut feeling people aren't noticing their user games ...

USC (psuexv) vs Oklahoma (Iron Dragon)
Virginia Tech (RCSinger) vs Miami (Texacotea)

Papa LoneStar
10-23-2010, 10:11 PM
The Longhorns slap the California Golden Bears around 62-10 in Austin to improve to 5-0 in the Pac-10.
Longhorn offense: 24 1st downs, 9-12 3rd down, 254 rushing yards
QB Garrett Gilbert, Sr: 11-19 182 yards 3 TD 1 INT
RB Earl Campbell Jr, Fr: 18 car 143 yards
RB Chris Whaley, Sr: 15 car 65 yards 2 TD
RB Bryson Hopkins, Fr: 13 car 46 yards 3 TD
WR Marquise Goodwin, Sr: 6 rec 110 yards 3 TD
Longhorn defense: allowed 198 offensive yards, 4-12 3rd down defense, forced 5 turnovers (3 INT, 2 fumbles
MLB Jordan Hicks, So: 8 tackles (4 TFL), 1 sack, 1 forced fumble
CB C.J. Gross, Fr: 2 INT, 3 pass deflections
SS Brian Amos, So: 1 INT, 2 tackles, 2 pass deflections
DT Lance Gibson, Fr: 2 sacks, 3 tackles (2 TFL)
Next up: Possibly the Pac-10 GOTY if USC is able to take down OU....if so....it will be a battle of two 6-0 Pac-10 teams in a game that will have a say about who will win the 2012 Pac-10 championship and a berth to the Rose Bowl....2:30pm central on ABC or ESPN (check your local listings)

Iron Dragon
10-23-2010, 10:17 PM
Roy Finch had two runs 75+ yards to put Oklahoma up 31-14 before whatever USC's QB's name is throws for about 400 yards on like 7 passes to give SC a 42-31 lead.. he had two long Brice Butler TD catches where he was wide open.. not even anyone covering it. Poor defense, we just got cocky.

As I was driving down the field threatening to score, I call a play.. and the dreaded "please wait" appears and we disconnect. The lag was majorly on and off.. it was really bad, then it would be normal, then really bad for a few seconds, then normal.

Since it wasn't lopsided in one way and was a 4th-quarter football game, we're going to play it again tomorrow.

Good god is Roy Finch a man to stop it seems.. the 5'8" man played with some force.. his first TD run he broke like three tackles and then just flew down the field.

Iron Dragon
10-23-2010, 10:26 PM
We are trying for 6:30pm Eastern tomorrow, I have an OD offseason at 8pm.. so we'll have to sneak it in before then as he'll be away in the afternoon.

Small chance we can play tomorrow morning.

psuexv
10-23-2010, 10:37 PM
Finch is an animal. I think both of his TD runs he broke 3 tackles.

Hit me up if you can play in the morning.

Oneback
10-24-2010, 07:59 AM
I've got my sister and mom in town from Michigan this week. I will still try to get my game in today but I won't be able to get on as often to see if everyone is done. So if someone could text me that would be awesome.

psusnoop
10-24-2010, 08:33 AM
Penn State at Virgina

This game was over before it started as Penn State was able to once again put up a dominating performance on both sides of the ball 73-0. With next weeks matchup against Wisconsin looming, Penn State was able to rest the starters at the start of the 3rd Quarter.

One key was the return of their SR QB Kevin Newsome. Recovering still from some broken ribs suffered in their win over Texas earlier in the year, Kevin looked sharpe in his limited role. "We got Kevin in for some snaps in the 3rd and 4th quarter just to see how it felt' at this point the starter for next week still is Jones but Newsome might see more time if he can be a full go this week in practice.

Key stats vs Virgina
QB's att com yds td int
Paul Jones 15 9 158 1 0
Kevin Newsome 2 2 98 1 0
RB's car yds td lg
Curtis Dukes 15 196 3 58
Silas Redd 12 130 3 52
David Chambers 5 30 1 9
Jeremy Mackey 6 19 1 8
Zach Zwinak 2 8 0 5
Kevin Newsome 1 7 0 7
WR cat yds td lg
Justin Brown 3 136 2 84

The defense was impressive, intercepting 6 passes from QB Michael Struass.

Thomas had 2
Lewis had 1
Wallace had 2
Willis had 1

The D held them to -5yds rushing on 19 attempts.

The D held them to 74yds Passing on 8 for 21 throwing by Struass.

texacotea
10-24-2010, 12:39 PM
RC and myself are playing tonight.

Iron Dragon
10-24-2010, 05:52 PM
No go for me and psuexv tonight as we're getting down on my time and he's busy photo editing and I have another OD offseason tonight that should go from 8-11pm or so, so we're going to kickoff around 9pm tomorrow night.

It took us roughly an hour and a couple minutes to get to the 7-minute mark left in the ballgame, and we wouldn't be starting for a few anyways.

fsuprime
10-24-2010, 07:26 PM
just got in, im wiped out right now, ill play tomorrow.

Oneback
10-25-2010, 06:39 AM
Alright my mother and sister are going down to Houston today and will return Wednesday. I'll play my game against Minny after the Cowboys game. Hopefully we'll be able to advance afterwards so I can play next weeks game Tuesday night as it will probably be Saturday before I could play again due to family being in town and the Rangers in the WS.

psusnoop
10-25-2010, 12:02 PM
Seen Escobar just finished who does that leave yet?

Oklahoma vs USC I know, they kickoff at 9pm tonight.

Who else?

psuexv
10-25-2010, 12:06 PM
Seen Escobar just finished who does that leave yet?

Oklahoma vs USC I know, they kickoff at 9pm tonight.

Who else?

Maybe Prime. Not sure, I'm not getting the updates since the restart. Guess I'll have to quit and rejoin after the advance so I can access dynasty hub.

texacotea
10-25-2010, 02:50 PM
Me and Rc. we are planned for tuesday evening

Papa LoneStar
10-25-2010, 03:39 PM
The Longhorns slap the California Golden Bears around 62-10 in Austin to improve to 5-0 in the Pac-10.
Longhorn offense: 24 1st downs, 9-12 3rd down, 254 rushing yards
QB Garrett Gilbert, Sr: 11-19 182 yards 3 TD 1 INT
RB Earl Campbell Jr, Fr: 18 car 143 yards
RB Chris Whaley, Sr: 15 car 65 yards 2 TD
RB Bryson Hopkins, Fr: 13 car 46 yards 3 TD
WR Marquise Goodwin, Sr: 6 rec 110 yards 3 TD
Longhorn defense: allowed 198 offensive yards, 4-12 3rd down defense, forced 5 turnovers (3 INT, 2 fumbles
MLB Jordan Hicks, So: 8 tackles (4 TFL), 1 sack, 1 forced fumble
CB C.J. Gross, Fr: 2 INT, 3 pass deflections
SS Brian Amos, So: 1 INT, 2 tackles, 2 pass deflections
DT Lance Gibson, Fr: 2 sacks, 3 tackles (2 TFL)
Next up: Possibly the Pac-10 GOTY if USC is able to take down OU....if so....it will be a battle of two 6-0 Pac-10 teams in a game that will have a say about who will win the 2012 Pac-10 championship and a berth to the Rose Bowl....2:30pm central on ABC or ESPN (check your local listings)

Due to technical difficulties (having to retire and re-join the OD which kept my recruiting for the week but not the game results)....the Longhorns had to replay the California Bears and won 65-6 in Austin.
Longhorn offense: 6 offensive touchdowns off 311 total yards
QB Garrett Gilbert, Sr: 8-13 113 yards 4 TD 1 INT
RB Bryson Hopkins, Fr: 12 car 59 yards 1 TD
RB Earl Campbell Jr, Fr: 9 car 61 yards
RB Traylon Shead, So: 6 car 45 yards
WR Darius Terrell, So: 3 rec 48 yards 2 TD
WR Marquise Goodwin, Sr: 3 rec 48 yards 1 TD
Longhorn defense: 6 turnovers (3 INT, 3 fumbles), 1-9 3rd down conversions allowed
CB C.J. Gross, Fr: 3 INT (2 for TD, 120 INT return yardage), 4 tackles, 2 pass deflections
DE Alex Okafor, Sr: 4 tackles (3 TFL), 2 sacks

Iron Dragon
10-25-2010, 09:26 PM
WOW!! An incredible game in the Coliseum with a dramatic final second finish.

With USC taking a 24-21 lead, I go on a daring 5+ minute drive wanting six points by converting THREE fourth down conversions including one well into field goal range and scoring on Jaz Reynolds' 17 yard TD pass from Landry.

USC drives down and the game winds under a minute, then a half minute, and I am hoping and praying Les Miles clock management kicks in and we get a lucky-ass victory. Well, the clock ticks down to less than 20 as backup QB for USC Jesse Scroggins seems to be wrapped up on an option, he pitches it to DJ Morgan who is going to be wrapped up by Gabe Lynn forcing a third down.. only to see Morgan break free from the tackle and waltz into the endzone giving USC 31-28.

Fourteen seconds was all I had.

First play.. complete to Reynolds near midfield. Timeout. Nine seconds.

Second play.. deep ball for a REYNOLDS WHO CAN MAKE THE GRAB..

..and he lets it slip through his precious fingertips as the clock hits 2 seconds. My reaction: :eek:

Final play.. a deep ball just shy of the goal line.. two Sooners players in the area..

tipped around, I thought I had it with Richardson, tipped again, maybe Stills gets his hands on it, tipped again, Stills with his hands near it, can't grab it and the game ends as the ball is flailed around just before the white line.

What a game, psuexv. A legendary game indeed. I wish I had a way to record it.

Jones was 16-for-23 for 253 yards and 2 TDs and an INT. Roy Finch only had 65 yards this go around and a TD. Reynolds 8-116 TD. Richardson 3-35-TD. Grissom had a sack. Hurst had an INT. Impact LBs Tom Wort and Jaydan Bird worked together on a 85 yard fumble return TD.

For USC, backup QB Scroggins was 16-for-23 for 253 yards (LOL), 3 TDs and an INT. 6'5" beast Prater had 4 recs for 101 yards and a TD.

psuexv
10-25-2010, 10:00 PM
Great write up. It was a crazy ending. Three fourth down conversions had me worried. I posted the 3rd resulting in the touchdown. Unreal play, breaking 3 tackles to get in.

Definitely one of the best games I've been in.

psuexv
10-25-2010, 10:03 PM
For USC, backup QB Scroggins was 16-for-23 for 253 yards (LOL), 3 TDs and an INT. 6'5" beast Prater had 4 recs for 101 yards and a TD.

I'm not going to lie, when Walker went down I was worried. Scroggins played well. He did miss some throws bad though, especially that pick he threw right to your FS, I don't think I had a guy within 10 yards, LOL.

psusnoop
10-26-2010, 06:29 AM
Sounds like it what an awesome game guys.

Oneback
10-26-2010, 07:40 AM
I know I said I wuld play last night, but I went to bed at halftime of the Cowboys game with a bad sinus headache. There aren't any distractions today so there should be nothing to stop me from getting my game in.

Iron Dragon
10-26-2010, 03:01 PM
I wish I could go back and re-think my final two plays at the end of that. I don't know why I went for the deep ball with 9 seconds to go and having a pair of timeouts. I could have easily thrown a 15-20 yard pass over the middle and maybe had a shot at a field goal but for some reason I was thinking I needed to get 40+ yards to get a field goal that way.

Even if it was too far for a field goal, I could have had a better shot at a 40 yard hail mary than a 58 yard heave.

psuexv
10-26-2010, 03:56 PM
Yeah that's a tough call though. You could have probably hit about a 15-20 yard play but unless you went down right away you might not have had time left. Especially the way that game seemed to go with both of our players fighting for extra yards. And if you dive there's always the infamous fumble on the dive scenario.

JeffHCross
10-26-2010, 07:37 PM
This might genuinely be one of the longest weeks we've had ... and we're only in day 5. That's really saying something.

texacotea
10-26-2010, 07:45 PM
RC and I are playing tom Def

Oneback
10-26-2010, 08:12 PM
Michigan blanks the Gophers 38-0 in a game that wasn't even that close. The Wolverines racked up 485 yards of offense while limiting the Gophers to 58 yards.

QB Tate Forcier - 9/15 178 yards 1 TD
HB Nate Cleveland - 25 Att 139 yards 2 TD (a 74 yarder was called back).
TE Brandon Moore - 3 Rec 62 yards

MLB William Logan - 7 tackles 2 TFL
MLB Mike Carter - 1 sack
LE Derrick Burgess - 1 sack

Oneback
10-26-2010, 08:14 PM
This might genuinely be one of the longest weeks we've had ... and we're only in day 5. That's really saying something.

Very true, for me with family being in town its been tough to get on the PS3.

Oneback
10-26-2010, 08:15 PM
We are just waiting on the Texacotea/RcSinger game. Looks like psuexv and Kingpin need to recruit or just aren't showing up as ready.

JeffHCross
10-26-2010, 08:29 PM
Very true, for me with family being in town its been tough to get on the PS3.I've got family coming into town Friday and not leaving until Wednesday. On the upside, I don't think my parents would stop me from playing games :D

Kingpin32
10-26-2010, 08:30 PM
We are just waiting on the Texacotea/RcSinger game. Looks like psuexv and Kingpin need to recruit or just aren't showing up as ready.
I may have to retire and rejoin cause I made sure to click Ready to Advance when I finished my game.

JeffHCross
10-26-2010, 08:34 PM
I may have to retire and rejoin cause I made sure to click Ready to Advance when I finished my game.If you're sure your recruiting and/or Game results uploaded, I wouldn't retire/rejoin until after we advance to next week.

Kingpin32
10-26-2010, 08:42 PM
I'm sure it uploaded, but could someone check on Dynasty Wire for me to make sure?

Oneback
10-26-2010, 08:55 PM
I've got family coming into town Friday and not leaving until Wednesday. On the upside, I don't think my parents would stop me from playing games :D

It's not so much that they have stopped me but more along the lines of running all over the place. Saturday I drove all around the metroplex looking for BNC to RCA adapters and a 35 foot component cable so I could hook up the projector then spent the rest of the day getting it mounted/getting the colors aligned. Sunday we all took my son to Boo at the Zoo and then we went to dinner, last night was the Cowboys game/end of their season.

JeffHCross
10-26-2010, 08:56 PM
Erm ....

I see your story, with your results. But the logo is a EA Sports logo and it shows as a "CPU Story". So yeah, I'd say you're not "part" of the dynasty. PSUexv shows the same.

OB, I don't see a dynasty story for your game.

Oneback
10-26-2010, 09:01 PM
Erm ....

I see your story, with your results. But the logo is a EA Sports logo and it shows as a "CPU Story". So yeah, I'd say you're not "part" of the dynasty. PSUexv shows the same.

OB, I don't see a dynasty story for your game.

I just logged in and see it....

Goose Eggs!Minnesota whiffs against #2 Michigan in annual Battle for the Little Brown Jug.

JeffHCross
10-26-2010, 09:11 PM
Yep. Front page story now. Wasn't the case when I logged on.

psuexv
10-26-2010, 09:24 PM
I just logged in and I'm showing my game against ID with results so I think I'm ok. I am ready to advance. I'm going to have to rejoin after the advance as I can't access the dynasty wire.

psusnoop
10-26-2010, 11:28 PM
This couldn't work out any better for me. G with the advance looming tomorrow night I'm playing another sap in my other dynasty at 10:00 I can play after that or on Thursday after 9:30pm est either one would be best for me. I can work my schedule though, what is good for you with the advance looming?

psusnoop
10-26-2010, 11:29 PM
Michigan blanks the Gophers 38-0 in a game that wasn't even that close. The Wolverines racked up 485 yards of offense while limiting the Gophers to 58 yards.

QB Tate Forcier - 9/15 178 yards 1 TD
HB Nate Cleveland - 25 Att 139 yards 2 TD (a 74 yarder was called back).
TE Brandon Moore - 3 Rec 62 yards

MLB William Logan - 7 tackles 2 TFL
MLB Mike Carter - 1 sack
LE Derrick Burgess - 1 sack

I just love games like this. My last two have been the same. With my defense intercepting everything thrown right now I'm worried because I'm about to face an air attack from Wisky I'm afraid and we all know that something this good can't last this long, LOL

gschwendt
10-27-2010, 07:16 AM
This couldn't work out any better for me. G with the advance looming tomorrow night I'm playing another sap in my other dynasty at 10:00 I can play after that or on Thursday after 9:30pm est either one would be best for me. I can work my schedule though, what is good for you with the advance looming?Either shouldn't be a problem, though Thursday might work out better.

psusnoop
10-27-2010, 08:42 AM
Well if Thursday would be better then that works for me. Lets shoot for tomorrow night at 9:30-10pm est for kickoff then. I'll recruit tonight if I can or tomorrow at work.

psuexv
10-27-2010, 09:02 AM
Papa - what's your schedule look like for this next week? The weekend is going to be rough for me. 8:00 Michigan/PSU game with lots of tailgating and then Sunday is Halloween, so inlaws and trick or treating. Probably could do late Sunday night.

Papa LoneStar
10-27-2010, 04:01 PM
Papa - what's your schedule look like for this next week?

Tonight-Friday night....the usual....although I've been consistently getting off from 10:30-10:50pm central (except last Monday night which was 11pm) for the last 3 weeks or so....other than that....Saturday....I'm watching college football all day as my 2 ace babysitters are busy (so I can't go to my basketball league game)....so anytime Saturday as long as the Longhorns/Rangers aren't on TV....Sunday night is perfect....just let me know what time....

Oneback
10-27-2010, 08:17 PM
We will advance after the Rangers game.

JeffHCross
10-27-2010, 08:42 PM
We will advance after the Rangers game.VT-Miami game is underway?

texacotea
10-27-2010, 09:03 PM
no going to sim we each had somethings come up this week and cant seem to find anytime to get together any the rest of this week. We decided to take the sim

JeffHCross
10-27-2010, 09:28 PM
Gotcha.

gschwendt
10-27-2010, 10:03 PM
We will advance after the Rangers game.
Let's go Giants! :clap clap clapclapclap: Let's go Giants!

fsuprime
10-27-2010, 10:08 PM
Buster Posey!!!!!!!!! and Vlad Guerrero wtf lol.

JeffHCross
10-27-2010, 10:15 PM
Buster Posey!!!!!!!!!I totally read that as ESPN insider Buster Olney.

Oneback
10-28-2010, 08:13 AM
Well as you guys can see we did not advance last night. I fell asleep on the couch and slept right through what would have been my alarm (if it was on). Needless to say I didn't have time this morning to advance so I will do it first thing when I get home from work.

psusnoop
10-28-2010, 11:31 AM
Sounds good, G still good for a close to 10pm kickoff tonight? I'm pumped for our matchup!

gschwendt
10-28-2010, 11:54 AM
Sounds good, G still good for a close to 10pm kickoff tonight? I'm pumped for our matchup!
Sounds good to me... I haven't even played NCAA in the past 4-5 days so I'm going to have to hop on and get some practice time in.

psusnoop
10-28-2010, 12:44 PM
Sounds good to me... I haven't even played NCAA in the past 4-5 days so I'm going to have to hop on and get some practice time in.

I played last night and played terrible. Lost to someone I shouldn't have which really bothers me looking back at the game. I'm going to recruit and maybe practice a touch as well just to try some things out. I'm in no rush as long as I'm finished before midnight or close to that, LOL.

psuexv
10-28-2010, 01:01 PM
You can almost cut the tension with a knife waiting for this advance. Huge, huge games on the horizon for next week with major MNC and conference implications on the line.

ACC Atlantic title probably decided this week as #7 FSU(6-1 in conference) vs #13 Clemson(7-0)
Big Ten title up for grabs with #1 PSU(5-0) vs #10 Wisconsin(4-1)
And probably the game of the week comes from the Pac 10 with #11 USC(6-0) vs #6 Texas(6-0) with the winner all but securing at least a Rose Bowl berth.

Papa LoneStar
10-28-2010, 01:14 PM
Huge week, indeed

psusnoop
10-28-2010, 02:03 PM
I'm getting wound just thinking about tonights matchups.

psuexv
10-28-2010, 02:06 PM
Caught this commercial while watching ESPN today. Apparently this USC/Texas matchup is getting some hype. http://cid-0f95e26a71adc840.office.live.com/view.aspx/.Documents/Legends%20Live%20Here.pptx

Oneback
10-28-2010, 02:25 PM
A Wisky win will mean I control my destiny for a Big 10 title.

Papa LoneStar
10-28-2010, 04:41 PM
Haha....niiiice, E

fsuprime
10-28-2010, 05:00 PM
what is it like having a bad pro team and less then expected college team you texas guys? The last few years when FSU has been mediocre I just picked whatever NFL team was doing good and had some fsu guys on it and rooted for them (like the cardinals a few years back or the steelers). Are you all huge cowboys fans or does not it really bother you? I mean i root for the bucs but i really dont care. Not trying to rub salt in any wounds im just curious.

Oneback
10-28-2010, 05:15 PM
I've been a cowboys fan since 1990 (when I first started really watching football) and will be attending the game Sunday against the Jaguars. To awnser your question though I feel as though I had to sell my football soul to get the Rangers in the playoffs/World Series (I've been attending Rangers games since 1984).

It's tough, but I still watch the games as I always have. It's not like the Cowboys have been good, they've done enough to hover around the playoffs only to disappoint in the end, but remember other than last year they haven't won a playoff game since 1996 or 97. With the Cowboys now as opposed to the mid-90's it takes almost the entire season before I will start to buy into the hype, just becasue I know the letdown is coming.

The Longhorns are a team in flux, they are super young and trying to change their offensive philosophy without the peices to do so just yet. I don't see them being down for long. I still get pissed when things go bad and cheer when there is a big play. My mood Saturday nights is still tied to if the Longhorns win or not, although that has tempered this year a bit.

fsuprime
10-28-2010, 05:25 PM
yea for sure, that is why i said the horns are just not living up to the lofty expectations of them pre-season. To young and to talented to not bounce back nicely in 2011 and maybe in the 2nd half of this year.

Good point about the boys, i guess i just get caught up in espn and all the pro bowlers and the hype machine in general so i think it is worse than it is for true cowboy fans who have been around the block.

Papa LoneStar
10-28-2010, 06:26 PM
It's painful....I remember Superbowl parties when I was young 7-10....but I didn't start living/dying with the Longhorns/Cowboys in 96 (12 years old is when I started to really understand football). My weekends are scheduled around the Longhorns/Cowboys and my mood during the week is reflected on that weekend's success....this year....my son has helped temper that though.

psuexv
10-28-2010, 06:42 PM
'96 - 12 years old. Dang I was graduating High School. Of course Prime prime probably wasn't even born.

JeffHCross
10-28-2010, 06:51 PM
Whoa ... Papa and I are the same age.

texacotea
10-28-2010, 07:00 PM
thought we were advancing?

Kingpin32
10-28-2010, 07:05 PM
Whoa in '96, I think I was starting grade school. But I think I became a Cowboy fan after the Superbowl with Michael Jackson. Yeah I started really young, plus I had met some of them when I was younger, so that helped a lot.

JeffHCross
10-28-2010, 07:05 PM

It's back on the last page. Apparently we went onto a massive tangent today.

Well as you guys can see we did not advance last night. I fell asleep on the couch and slept right through what would have been my alarm (if it was on). Needless to say I didn't have time this morning to advance so I will do it first thing when I get home from work.

psuexv
10-28-2010, 07:08 PM

Not sure what time OB gets home from work but he said he was going to do it then

Oneback
10-28-2010, 07:41 PM
Whoa in '96, I think I was starting grade school. But I think I became a Cowboy fan after the Superbowl with Michael Jackson. Yeah I started really young, plus I had met some of them when I was younger, so that helped a lot.

That was 92, with the "Heal the World" performance at the Rose Bowl. I was there, and remember holding up one of the cards which I have hanging in my office.

Escobar
10-29-2010, 11:54 AM
I've been a Cowboys fan since '95 so I'm good no matter what happens. For college tho, I'm happy that UT is losing, since I went to OU and was more of an A&M fan growing up. Michigan is my favorite team tho.

psusnoop
10-29-2010, 12:06 PM
I've been a Cowboys fan since '95 so I'm good no matter what happens. For college tho, I'm happy that UT is losing, since I went to OU and was more of an A&M fan growing up. Michigan is my favorite team tho.

Well isn't that nice, should be a fun game for you to watch this weekend. I have Michigan covering by 13 easy, might be more.

Escobar
10-29-2010, 12:28 PM
I'm taking a wait and see approach with every game after what happened last year.

psusnoop
10-29-2010, 12:32 PM
Me too, thats why I'm planning on staying till half time. After that we'll see what the score is as to whether or not I "hang in there" for the end result.

psuexv
10-29-2010, 12:36 PM
Me too, thats why I'm planning on staying till half time.

I'm punching you in the kidneys when I see you tomorrow.

psusnoop
10-29-2010, 01:15 PM
LOL, I probably deserve it too for that last few posts on this thread but I'm really worried about whether or not we can keep this within two scores early to have a chance in this one.

And McGloin starting, oh geez did you watch his throws? Good deep ball (I guess, can't complain really gave Moye a chance to make a play) but those other ones, wow not so much. He is a slinger though and likes to press the issue so who knows, maybe Michigans' DB's will trip and fall or something.