PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have real success using the option playbook against the AI ?

ram29jackson
10-18-2010, 09:27 PM
or even another human for that matter?

if your 3rd and long using the Goergia Tech or Navy playbook it seems pointless to use. There arent enough plays for long situations. and your offensive line seems to get penetrated much too often

ram29jackson
10-20-2010, 05:08 PM
...Bueller....so I guess no one uses it then ? ...haha

JeffHCross
10-20-2010, 09:15 PM
I don't remember the thread, but I was reading on Utopia that the under-center Option on NCAA 11 is only effective if you take a couple steps back from the line, rather than running straight down. That's actually pretty close to how it's really run, so I'm not horribly surprised by that discovery.

It can still be effective, just like it is in real life. Even on 3rd and long, it only takes one mistake or one player out of position to turn the ball upfield. And, despite it being flexbone, you can still pass if you have a decent QB. All the principles you need to pass are there.

jaymo76
10-23-2010, 10:57 PM
Though I haven't tried too many option playbooks I can tell you that I WAS all about the PISTOL this year UNTIL I used the pistol in my first few games and my run game was absolutely brutal. Outside of the traditional playbook formats, this game series continues to sturggle with the uniqueness of college offenses IMO.