PDA

View Full Version : Week 8, 2012

Oneback
10-16-2010, 09:57 PM
=============== #8 Oklahoma Sooners (5-1) ===============
Last week, Oklahoma won 49-28 against Texas A&M (3-3).
This week, the Sooners travel to Berkeley to face the Cal Golden Bears (3-2).
In recruiting news, the following Oklahoma targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) RE Thurman Jackson has committed to Baylor
- (****) DT Tony Williams has committed to Stanford
- (*****) QB Mike Joseph has committed to Texas
- (****) WR Seth Bates has committed to Clemson

=============== #17 Clemson Tigers (6-1) ===============
Last week, Clemson won 63-28 against NC State (2-5).
This week, the Tigers will host #12 Virginia Tech (6-1).
In recruiting news, the following Clemson targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) RT Dan Prater has committed to Nebraska
- (****) CB Richard Fields has committed to Florida
- (****) LT Marcus Mason has committed to Boise State
- (****) RG Doug Abrams has committed to Boise State
- (****) LG Joseph Hubbard has committed to Missouri
- (****) DT Mike Simpson has committed to Notre Dame
- (****) WR Darius Thompson has committed to Clemson
- (****) WR Seth Bates has committed to Clemson
- (****) DT Dominic Wagner has committed to Clemson
- (*****) WR Jeff Everson has committed to Wisconsin

=============== #6 Florida State Seminoles (6-1) ===============
Last week, Florida State won 52-14 against Virginia Tech (6-1).
This week, the Seminoles will host Duke (1-5).
In recruiting news, the following Florida State targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) HB Joey Taylor has committed to Florida State
- (*****) RG Mitchell Price has committed to Florida State

=============== #3 Miami Hurricanes (7-0) ===============
Last week, Miami won 49-13 against Virginia (3-3).
This week, the Hurricanes travel to Atlanta to face the #15 Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (5-1).
In recruiting news, the following Miami targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) TE Clayton Owens has committed to Utah
- (****) FS Antonio Cantrell has committed to Auburn
- (*****) WR Reggie Pollock has committed to Auburn

=============== #2 Michigan Wolverines (6-0) ===============
Last week, Michigan won 49-0 against Indiana (4-2).
This week, the Wolverines will host Michigan State (3-2).
In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
- (*****) RG Mitchell Price has committed to Florida State

=============== #14 Ohio State Buckeyes (4-2) ===============
Last week the Buckeyes were idle.
This week, the Buckeyes travel to Minneapolis to face the Minnesota Golden Gophers (2-3).

=============== #1 Penn State Nittany Lions (6-0) ===============
Last week, Penn State won 55-14 against Iowa (1-3).
This week, the Nittany Lions will host Northwestern (3-3).
In recruiting news, the following Penn State targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) DT Terry Jean has committed to Penn State
- (****) DT Marcus McGill has committed to Pittsburgh

=============== Oregon Ducks (5-2) ===============
Last week, Oregon won 55-27 against Cal (3-2).
This week, the Ducks will host #13 USC (3-2).
In recruiting news, the following Oregon targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) FS Brandon Byrd has committed to Oregon
- (****) WR Michael Bowling has committed to Oregon
- (***) C Adam Patterson has committed to Oregon
- (****) WR Blake Huffman has committed to Oregon

=============== #13 USC Trojans (3-2) ===============
Last week, USC won 52-3 against Texas Tech (2-3).
This week, the Trojans travel to Eugene to face the Oregon Ducks (5-2).
In recruiting news, the following USC targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) DT Bernard Durbin has committed to LSU
- (****) ROLB DeMarcus Kennedy has committed to USC
- (*****) LG Jeff Clifford has committed to USC

=============== #12 Virginia Tech Hokies (6-1) ===============
Last week, Virginia Tech lost 52-14 against Florida State (6-1).
This week, the Hokies travel to Clemson to face the #17 Clemson Tigers (6-1).
In recruiting news, the following Virginia Tech targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) QB Brett Cobbs has committed to Northern Illinois
- (***) C James Concepcion has committed to Kentucky
- (****) LG Joseph Hubbard has committed to Missouri
- (****) DT Dominic Wagner has committed to Clemson
- (***) DT Jermaine Buchanan has committed to Cincinnati
- (****) LT Jeremy McCloud has committed to Wisconsin
- (****) DT Robbie Barnes has committed to Boise State
- (***) CB Dominic O'Connor has committed to Rutgers
- (****) C Keith Banks has committed to Stanford
- (****) LE Jesse Edwards has committed to Virginia Tech
- (****) RT Vincent Davis has committed to Virginia Tech

=============== #4 Texas Longhorns (6-1) ===============
Last week, Texas won 38-6 against Oregon State (1-5).
This week, the Longhorns are idle.
In recruiting news, the following Texas targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) TE Austin Ramirez has committed to Nebraska
- (*****) LE Mark Mason has committed to Texas
- (*****) LG Jeff Clifford has committed to USC
- (*****) QB Mike Joseph has committed to Texas

=============== #10 Wisconsin Badgers (5-2) ===============
Last week, Wisconsin won 59-7 against Minnesota (2-3).
This week, the Badgers are idle.
In recruiting news, the following Wisconsin targets have announced their decisions:
- (*****) WR Jeff Everson has committed to Wisconsin
- (****) LT Jeremy McCloud has committed to Wisconsin

JeffHCross
10-16-2010, 10:41 PM
yea im just saying as much as u mentioned it without the x2 it was funny, like you had hit all great pitches with a pipeline state which would be cool, but to find out it is just a lower tier x2 call is disappoint after the hype ;)How about 590 with no x2, is that worthy, FSU? Sadly, it's on a guy no one else has gone after all season ... but that pretty much describes my entire board minus two players.

gschwendt
10-16-2010, 11:00 PM
I signed two of my four important recruits. For the other two, one I received a Soft Commit from and the other I went from quite a bit behind on to -1 behind; he's still soft-committed to Alabama but now I'm in position to compete better... I'll just have to sign him before Week 12 when he travels to Tuscaloosa.

psuexv
10-16-2010, 11:39 PM
USC takes down Oregon in Eugene 38-28. After a back and forth 1st half that didn't see a punt in the 1st quarter the Trojans took a 28-14 half time lead. The second half had less fireworks as neither team scored in the 3rd quarter. Oregon battle back to bring it to 28-38 with 1:42 left and successfully recovered an onside kick. The comeback fell short though when the Oregon QB fumbled the next play. USC recovered and ran out the clock.

Great game KingPin

Walker 16 for 22 286 2 TD 0 Int
Morgan 16 carries for 204 3 TDs
Ambles 2 catches 84 yards 1 TD

Taylor 14 total tackles 1 Int
Defense 4 Turnovers

JeffHCross
10-17-2010, 12:15 AM
Well, that didn't particularly help me wash away the bad night, but still a good win.

Ohio State fails to put away Minnesota, but comes away with a 45-22 victory. The benches were emptied after halftime as the backups took the field. While the offensive backups failed to move the ball with any regularity (and Stanley Jackson threw two interceptions), the defensive backups played inspired ... and actually looked better than their first-string brothers. Most impressive was backup DE Jeff Wilson, who slid into the backup DT spot today. Wilson would finish the day with 3 sacks and a Forced Fumble, which would turn into a scoop-and-score and be the only points the Buckeyes would score in the second half.

In yet another demonstration of the defensive woes of this year's team, Minnesota would outgain Ohio State 363-332, despite -21 yards rushing for the Gophers.

Oneback
10-17-2010, 09:07 AM
Michigan takes down the Spartans 35-7. The Michigan defense really put the pressure on the MSU quarterback with five sacks, 14 knockdowns and 21 pressures and limited the Spartan offense to 205 yards. The Wolverine reserves spent the entire second half on the field after the starters built a 21-7 halftime lead.

Offense:
QB Tate Forcier - 7/10, 99 yards, 1 td
HB Nick Cleveland - 26 att, 179 yards, 3 TDs
TE Brandon Moore - 4 rec, 43 yards, 1 TD

Defense:
ROLB Brett Nash - 8 tak, 2 sacks
DT Jesse Williams - 4 tak, 1 sack

Oneback
10-17-2010, 03:01 PM
We are just waiting on the Escobar vs RcSinger game which I think was going to go down tonight, Texacotea, IronDragon and FSU to play.

RcSinger
10-17-2010, 05:05 PM
We are just waiting on the Escobar vs RcSinger game which I think was going to go down tonight, Texacotea, IronDragon and FSU to play.

That's the first I've heard of it, I have been waiting on him to come on the forum and haven't seen him yet.

Oneback
10-17-2010, 05:23 PM
My appoligies, I thought I had read that y'all were going to play tonight.

Oneback
10-17-2010, 05:28 PM
Escobar just sent me a text and he can play tomorrow night around 1030p central.

RcSinger
10-17-2010, 05:49 PM
Escobar just sent me a text and he can play tomorrow night around 1030p central.

Way too late for me, I have to be up at 5am to get to work. I can play tonight after the BCS show or kickoff anytime through the week between 7 and 9 Central. Or could go right now.

Oneback
10-17-2010, 06:40 PM
He said he is going to a movie tonight. I'll send you his number so the two of you can work out a time.

Iron Dragon
10-17-2010, 07:18 PM
OU loses Calhoun in 3rd (1-2 weeks, ribs), Muse in 1st (4 weeks) but Sooners have no problem in 42-14 win at Cal

Jermie Calhoun's insane numbers might be missing from the Sooners for a little while. Calhoun only had 87 rush, and 17 rec but had 3 TDs in a 42-14 win over Cal before he left the game with a rib injury and could miss two weeks.

Meanwhile, Landry Jones threw for 246 yards and 2 TDs. Roy Finch had 4 carries for 32 yards and a TD.

Erik Richardson led the team again with 7 receptions for 90 yards and a TD. Richardson, with Muse's injury makes his way into more formations. This also gives more PT to Jovon Abrams. Blake Bell, in mop-up duty, out of a jumbo package, threw a TD pass to freshman OFFENSIVE LINEMAN Reggie Kearney.. the big 6'3" 316lb tackle had no problem hauling in the one-yard score. "I told him before, they're going to think your a blocker, I know you played TE in high school big guy. Grab it if your open."

Geneo Grissom was a man among boys on defense as the sophomore had 5 TFLs and 3 sacks on Cal QB Beau Sweeney. Daniel Franklin added a sack as well.

Thankfully for the Sooners they have .500 Virginia at home next week as Calhoun will probably return for a huge road game at USC. Roy Finch has been named the starting RB vs. Virginia.

texacotea
10-18-2010, 05:38 AM
will play today after work

psuexv
10-18-2010, 10:55 AM
Any word when the Clemson/VT is going to go down?

psuexv
10-18-2010, 10:57 AM
Thankfully for the Sooners they have .500 Virginia at home next week as Calhoun will probably return for a huge road game at USC. Roy Finch has been named the starting RB vs. Virginia.

USC definitely wants to play the best team OU can put on the field but if Calhoun can't go I won't be too upset. :)

psusnoop
10-18-2010, 11:58 AM
Any word when the Clemson/VT is going to go down?

I second this thought!

Oneback
10-18-2010, 01:00 PM
Last I heard was that Escobar can play at 1030 central but that is too late for RC...Escobar's number has been texted to RC so they can schedule.

Hopefully they will get it in soon.

RcSinger
10-18-2010, 06:36 PM
I texted Escobar today about when he can play, was texted back "play what". Clarrified who I was and NCAA 11, have not heard back.

Oneback
10-18-2010, 06:54 PM
Hopefully you'll hear something soon. Let me know in a couple hours if you haven't heard anything.

RcSinger
10-18-2010, 08:01 PM
Still nothing

psuexv
10-18-2010, 08:50 PM
was texted back "play what".

That's pretty funny.

Escobar
10-19-2010, 03:03 AM
Something must be wrong with the phone signals, because I never got that text. But I just found out today that I have practice every night from 7-10pm central til Saturday. I'm free Tuesday after 3pm before 7pm, Wednesday all day before 7pm. OneBack texted me your number and I texted you, but you may have already been asleep.

psusnoop
10-19-2010, 07:03 AM
I don't like the sounds of this.....................

JeffHCross
10-19-2010, 08:03 AM
Sounds like another Jeff & Papa scheduling nightmare.

And sounds like there was at least one wrong number involved.

psuexv
10-19-2010, 09:09 AM
Sounds like another Jeff & Papa scheduling nightmare.

And sounds like there was at least one wrong number involved.

Sounds like the commish gave out the wrong number. I hope he doesn't run his program that way.

psuexv
10-19-2010, 09:10 AM
Escobar - I have to ask. What type of practice? You're not just an armchair athlete like me?

Oneback
10-19-2010, 10:48 AM
Sounds like the commish gave out the wrong number. I hope he doesn't run his program that way.

Nope...as you've witnessed two seasons in a row now. Speaking of that, I have finished editing the video...just need to render and upload to youtube.

Papa LoneStar
10-19-2010, 11:46 AM

Nope...as you've witnessed two seasons in a row now.

Yeeeeaaaahhhh....I was gettin' tired of all of this coach speak, being humble, and showing respect.

JeffHCross
10-19-2010, 12:14 PM
Sounds like the commish gave out the wrong number. I hope he doesn't run his program that way.Michigan routinely gives the wrong phone number to NCAA investigators ;)

Papa LoneStar
10-19-2010, 12:20 PM
lol @ Jeff

Oneback
10-19-2010, 12:26 PM
Michigan routinely gives the wrong phone number to NCAA investigators ;)

How do you think we got all those recruits last season. I keep giving them Texas' phone number but they never bother to call. I think they've been paid off.

psusnoop
10-19-2010, 12:55 PM
Nope...as you've witnessed two seasons in a row now. Speaking of that, I have finished editing the video...just need to render and upload to youtube.

Ouch, I have to ask with this annual game these last two years be a cornerstone for something bigger?

PSUEXV, I can skip a year or two against you that way you wouldn't start 0 for anymore.

Papa LoneStar
10-19-2010, 01:00 PM
How do you think we got all those recruits last season. I keep giving them Texas' phone number but they never bother to call. I think they've been paid off.

We don't have to cheat here in Austin....I turn away recruits every year begging for an offer....I send those slackers to Norman, Lubbock, and College Station.

Oneback
10-19-2010, 01:33 PM
Ouch, I have to ask with this annual game these last two years be a cornerstone for something bigger?

If you are talking about this season, I hope so. Not sure what I am going to do next season for scheduling. I was thinking about rotating through the Pac-10 and ACC, next season will be an interesting one for me however.

psusnoop
10-19-2010, 01:43 PM
If you are talking about this season, I hope so. Not sure what I am going to do next season for scheduling. I was thinking about rotating through the Pac-10 and ACC, next season will be an interesting one for me however.

LOL, I want to see an All Big 10 MNC game to be honest.

I think I'm going to as well. Having gotten my 2 years in with USC and Oregon I'm going to lean towards the ACC and the last Pac 10 school (oklahoma and ID) come next year.

psuexv
10-19-2010, 01:43 PM

Touche.

psuexv
10-19-2010, 01:44 PM

PSUEXV, I can skip a year or two against you that way you wouldn't start 0 for anymore.

We are starting small at USC. Conference domination and then national domination. 1 year down so far....it's a 5 year plan.

Oneback
10-19-2010, 01:46 PM
LOL, I want to see an All Big 10 MNC game to be honest.

I think I'm going to as well. Having gotten my 2 years in with USC and Oregon I'm going to lean towards the ACC and the last Pac 10 school (oklahoma and ID) come next year.

It is very possible that the two of us end up in the MNC. We've got a pretty good lead on everyone else right now in the polls.

psuexv
10-19-2010, 02:04 PM
It is very possible that the two of us end up in the MNC. We've got a pretty good lead on everyone else right now in the polls.

I think it would be hard to keep Miami out IF they run the table. Defending champ, winner of a conference championship game, probably against a top 5 FSU team.

JeffHCross
10-19-2010, 03:08 PM
It is very possible that the two of us end up in the MNC. We've got a pretty good lead on everyone else right now in the polls.I see a mid-November flaw in your plan.

psusnoop
10-19-2010, 03:26 PM
I love it, seems that happened recently too.

Such a battle each and every year, nothing better then fighting for each and every spot you can get.

Oneback
10-19-2010, 03:26 PM
Late November....but yeah that is one big hump that I do need to get over. Maybe this is the year.

psusnoop
10-19-2010, 03:33 PM
anyword updates from RC or Escobar? Are we looking at a Saturday advance?

Escobar
10-19-2010, 04:17 PM
Escobar - I have to ask. What type of practice? You're not just an armchair athlete like me?

I only have 1 class a day because I'm graduating in May. So I'm training to go pro in track, but need to get my knee scoped. So I joined this modeling group as a back up plan, and we have to do a show next week.

Escobar
10-19-2010, 04:18 PM
anyword updates from RC or Escobar? Are we looking at a Saturday advance?

We're going to try to play today at 5pm central, if he can. If not we're gonna try tomorrow.

JeffHCross
10-19-2010, 04:36 PM
So I'm training to go pro in track, but need to get my knee scoped. So I joined this modeling group as a back up plan, and we have to do a show next week.So you'll either be a pro athlete ... or a model.

My looks (bad) and sports skills (average at best) are envious.

Oneback
10-19-2010, 04:37 PM
5p central would be perfect....game would finish up about the time I get home and I could advance before the Rangers game.

Escobar
10-19-2010, 05:08 PM
Lol at Jeff. OneBack RC said his net is down and they are trying to fix it so we're going to have to wait till tomorrow night around 9:30 if I get out in time.

texacotea
10-19-2010, 05:32 PM
I think it would be hard to keep Miami out IF they run the table. Defending champ, winner of a conference championship game, probably against a top 5 FSU team.

Best statement of this WHOLE thread....Love how the big 10 thinks they run things....I mean really what conf doesnt have a CCG?

Oneback
10-19-2010, 06:31 PM
The game has been played......but.................

Escobar needs to recruit. So look for an advance after the ALCS.

Oneback
10-19-2010, 06:32 PM
Best statement of this WHOLE thread....Love how the big 10 thinks they run things....I mean really what conf doesnt have a CCG?

Don't we? As a group I am sure we've got the least amount of losses and on that MNC thing, stay tuned we may just turn this into the SEC north.

RcSinger
10-19-2010, 06:46 PM
I know I am holding things up, but I am so dejected right now I wish to break my game disc into 350 million pieces, burn my playstation3, throw my 52" Bravia into a river, and sell my truck for a bag of peanuts!!!

I will recriut when I get back from Ball Practice with my Daughter tonight or as soon as I can tomorrow.

60 something to 21 loss, and escobar scoring on 80 yard option runs almost every time he touched the ball and myself having defenders in the backfield or throwing interceptions all day.

Oneback
10-19-2010, 07:09 PM
I understand how you feel. It happens from time to time. I've taken my fair share of woodshed beatings from a few of these guys.

psuexv
10-19-2010, 09:03 PM
Anyone else getting an online dynasty server error? I didn't see anything on the main forum.

Kingpin32
10-19-2010, 10:32 PM
I've been getting an error too. It kept logging me out for some reason.

RcSinger
10-19-2010, 10:34 PM
I went in and did my recruiting just before we left for practice, but when I finished, the system said that the commish had updated the dynasty and I hadd to log off and back on. Ever since then I cannot load dynasty.

Oneback
10-19-2010, 10:36 PM
I haven't been online in a few days. I'll try logging on once the game is over.

Oneback
10-19-2010, 10:38 PM
Check that I am going to try logging on now.

Oneback
10-19-2010, 10:43 PM
I am getting the same error. I believe this is the same error everyone was getting before we had to reload the OD. However, before doing that I am going to try again later/in the morning to see if it will clear up.

Oneback
10-19-2010, 10:46 PM
Apparently we aren't the only one's having the problem: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/3307879.page

Oneback
10-19-2010, 10:49 PM
The EA OD Website is down as well. I am going to assume there is currently a server outage.

psusnoop
10-19-2010, 11:26 PM
Interesting, might not be lost but if so we would probably all have to replay this week correct?

Oneback
10-19-2010, 11:34 PM
I would assume

Oneback
10-19-2010, 11:38 PM
WEbsite is back up....trying the console.

psusnoop
10-19-2010, 11:39 PM
Going to be an interesting night/morning for the folks at EA to see what happened. It wouldn't bother me if I had to play again but it would suck to have to battle user games again.

Oneback
10-19-2010, 11:39 PM
The OD is back up on the console.....

Only person not done is Escobar....he's usually up late so I will check in the morning before work.

psusnoop
10-19-2010, 11:40 PM
WEbsite is back up....trying the console.

sweet I'll stay up for a few for information

psusnoop
10-19-2010, 11:40 PM
The OD is back up on the console.....

Only person not done is Escobar....he's usually up late so I will check in the morning before work.

Nice, that is pretty sweet that they didn't lose information (well atleast ours anyways, lol)

psusnoop
10-19-2010, 11:41 PM
I'm outta here to bed, later