PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Football 11: Online Dynasty Data Exports

cdj
10-15-2010, 03:24 PM
You can view the page at http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/content.php?284-NCAA-Football-11-Online-Dynasty-Data-Exports

http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/images/NCAA11/USC.jpg

NCAA Football 11 designer Russ Kiniry has posted a new blog discussing new exportable information on the Dynasty Wire website (http://ncaafootball.easports.com/blog.action?blogId=Online%20Dynasty%20Data%20Expor ts).

Here we are in October, well into the football season, and we still have a bit of NCAA news for the Online Dynasty players out there. Later today when you log into www.easports.com/dynasty you'll notice a number of buttons that will allow you to export information from the site. Easily gaining access to all of the Dynasty information below was one of the biggest items requested from you, the fan, for our Dynasty web site. I'm happy to say we are delivering this feature.

The following items are available for you to download as a .csv (accessible with a program like Excel) file onto your personal computer:

Top 25 Polls
Will be the same information as the Top 25 page

Stat Leaders
All stats visible on the Stats leaders page

Schedules
Includes games already played and future games

Rosters
Includes Players Name, Home Town/State, Position and Ratings

Prospect Information
This is has the most information. For each Prospect you will get the following:
- Name (First, Last)
- Position
- Caliber
- Position Rank
- Overall Rank
- Height
- Weight
- Top 10 Schools
- Home Town/State
- Ratings (displayed as Letters grades)

We hope this gives you the ability to archive, create, and manage (or any other ideas you can think of!) all this data as you see fit for your personal Online Dynasty. As always, you can continue to leave us feedback on our forums. I'd like to thank you for your continued support of NCAA Football 11. It's been a great year so far!

Thanks again,
- Russ Kiniry
Designer NCAA Football

JeffHCross
10-15-2010, 04:18 PM
Wow. Never expected to see this, honestly. The roster export may be quite useful for roster geeks like me.

Iron Dragon
10-15-2010, 04:25 PM
Sweet.

Very very nice EA.

JeffHCross
10-15-2010, 05:03 PM
Totally understandable, but there's a small bug in the Roster download. Hometown/State isn't enclosed in quotes, so it's treated as two separate fields in the CSV, since there's a comma in the middle.

Easiest fix would be to add a column at the top for "State", after Hometown. Or they could put the Hometown/State in quotations and it should be handled properly.

gschwendt
10-15-2010, 05:04 PM
I'm thinking the recruits download can't be altogether accurate. I'm looking at a list from an OD I'm in and on EVERY recruit it lists THP & THA. The best QBs have B for THA whereas there are 27 non-QBs that have B+ or better THA, including a Guard.

Looking further, here's a HB with the ratings from the Download & DynastyWire.
Source|SPD|AWR|THP|THA|AGI|BTK|ELU|TRK|CAR|STA|INJ |STR|CTH
Download|B|C+|B|B+|B-|B-|B+|B|C+|D|B+|??|??
DynastyWire|B|C+|??|??|B+|B|B-|B-|B+|B+|B+|C+|D

Obviously the download ratings are misaligned... presumably because it's pulling only the ratings headers for QBs and not for all players.

gschwendt
10-15-2010, 05:08 PM
Totally understandable, but there's a small bug in the Roster download. Hometown/State isn't enclosed in quotes, so it's treated as two separate fields in the CSV, since there's a comma in the middle.

Easiest fix would be to add a column at the top for "State", after Hometown. Or they could put the Hometown/State in quotations and it should be handled properly.
You're correct that the Roster download does not include the quotes, however it appears the recruit download does...

JeffHCross
10-15-2010, 05:10 PM
You're correct that the Roster download does not include the quotes, however it appears the recruit download does...Yep, not surprised. It's an easy mistake to make. Just an oversight.

Obviously the download ratings are misaligned... presumably because it's pulling only the ratings headers for QBs and not for all players.Ouch. That's not very helpful then.

gschwendt
10-15-2010, 05:25 PM
The good news is that the stats download includes all players that have a record in that particular stat... for example, Dynasty Wire only shows the top 25 for rushing stats whereas the Download shows 1166 players.

JeffHCross
10-15-2010, 06:06 PM
Awesome!

gschwendt
10-15-2010, 06:51 PM
Even stranger regarding downloading prospect data... ATHs are especially peculiar. ATH1's THP rating matches up in both the download and the dynasty wire, however ATH2's THP/THA matches up with his MCV/ZCV ratings. ATH1's THP/THA does not match up with his MCV/ZCV (not even close).

What this leads me to believe is to further solidify my opinion that all ATHs are actually one particular position, just hidden by a ATH position tag. That is, the game definitively knows what position the player is (ATH1 is a QB, ATH2 is a DB).

JeffHCross
10-15-2010, 06:56 PM
I'm thinking the recruits download can't be altogether accurate. I'm looking at a list from an OD I'm in and on EVERY recruit it lists THP & THA. The best QBs have B for THA whereas there are 27 non-QBs that have B+ or better THA, including a Guard.Actually, there's something more to that going on.

When I downloaded the list of prospects, I see every QB ... and every ATH. Then we do every HB ... and every ATH. But the HB has ratings in 20 categories while the QBs only have 11. And when the ATHs are listed with the QBs, they only have 11. But then they get the full 20 when listed with the HBs.

So there's a lot of duplication, which is issue #1 (but understandable, actually), but the other thing is that, quite simply, the headers for the remaining positions don't show up.

Case in point (note that the only consistent items are SPD and AWR):
Name|Position|SPD|AWR|THP|THA|AGI|BTK|ELU|TRK|CAR| STA|INJ|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?
Brandon Schroeder|ATH (with QBs)|C|D-|D-|D-|C|C-|D|C-|B-|C-|C+
Brandon Schroeder|ATH (with HBs)|C|D-|C-|B-|C-|D|C|D|C+|D|D|C|C|D-|B-|C-|B-|B-|C-|C+
Brandon Schroeder|ATH (with FBs)|C|D-|C-|B-|C+|C-|C-|B-|B|B-|C|C|B-|C|D|D|D|D|C-|C+

What this leads me to believe is to further solidify my opinion that all ATHs are actually one particular position, just hidden by a ATH position tag. That is, the game definitively knows what position the player is (ATH1 is a QB, ATH2 is a DB).Oh, this is absolutely true. Just look at the Dynasty Wire whenever somebody signs a recruit. In the e-mail we all get, it says ATH. In the story that's posted on the Dynasty Wire and in the Weekly Update on the console, it has a position, not ATH.

gschwendt
10-15-2010, 07:03 PM
Wow... I completely overlooked the additional columns that were unmarked.

JeffHCross
10-15-2010, 07:05 PM
Wow... I completely overlooked the additional columns that were unmarked.Yeah ... sigh. I have a distinct feeling I'm going to spend some time trying to decipher what the headers should be for the other positions. Shouldn't be too hard, but still ...

JeffHCross
10-15-2010, 07:13 PM
And I've already started, lol.

JeffHCross
10-15-2010, 09:42 PM
Here's the headers that we should have for each position, rather than the QB headers that are the only ones that come with the file. The Columns correspond to the columns if you load it into Excel.

Position|Col J|K|L|M|N|O|P|Q|R|S|T|U|V|W|X|Y|Z|AA|AB|AC
QB|SPD|AWR|THP|THA|AGI|BTK|ELU|TRK|CAR|STA|INJ|||| |||||
HB|SPD|AWR|BTK|CAR|TRK|ELU|AGI|BCV|STR|CTH|SFA|SPM |JKM|RTE|IBL|RBK|PBK|ACC|STA|INJ
FB|SPD|AWR|BTK|CAR|STR|TRK|RBK|RBS|RBF|PBK|PBS|PBF |IBL|AGI|SFA|BCV|CTH|ELU|STA|INJ
WR|SPD|AWR|CTH|RTE|CIT|SPC|JMP|REL|CAR|BTK|ELU|AGI |JKM|SPM|SFA|STA|INJ|||
TE|SPD|AWR|CTH|CIT|RTE|RBK|RBS|RBF|PBK|PBS|PBF|IBL |AGI|REL|BTK|STR|STA|INJ||
T|SPD|AWR|RBK|RBS|RBF|PBK|PBS|PBF|IBL|AGI|STR|STA| INJ|||||||
G|SPD|AWR|RBK|RBS|RBF|PBK|PBS|PBF|IBL|AGI|STR|STA| INJ|||||||
C|SPD|AWR|RBK|RBS|RBF|PBK|PBS|PBF|IBL|AGI|STR|STA| INJ|||||||
DE|SPD|AWR|STR|AGI|TKL|PMV|???|BSH|PUR|HPW|JMP|ZCV |STA|INJ||||||
DT|SPD|AWR|STR|AGI|TKL|PMV|???|BSH|PUR|HPW|JMP|ZCV |STA|INJ||||||
OLB|SPD|AWR|STR|AGI|TKL|PMV|???|BSH|PUR|HPW|JMP|ZC V|STA|INJ||||||
MLB|SPD|AWR|STR|AGI|TKL|PMV|???|BSH|PUR|HPW|JMP|ZC V|STA|INJ||||||
CB|SPD|AWR|MCV|ZCV|PRS|CTH|AGI|PRC|PUR|TKL|STR|JMP |HPW|BSH|ACC|STA|INJ|||
FS|SPD|AWR|TKL|MCV|ZCV|PRC|HPW|CTH|PUR|STR|PRS|AGI |JMP|BSH|ACC|STA|INJ|||
SS|SPD|AWR|TKL|MCV|ZCV|PRC|HPW|CTH|PUR|STR|PRS|AGI |JMP|BSH|ACC|STA|INJ|||
K|SPD|AWR|KPW|KAC|AGI|STR|THP|THA|STA|INJ||||||||| |
P|SPD|AWR|KPW|KAC|AGI|STR|THP|THA|STA|INJ||||||||| |

gschwendt
10-15-2010, 09:49 PM
Yeah... for those that haven't dived very far into the prospect ratings, you'll notice that the players are grouped by position. In addition, anyone listed as an ATH is actually listed multiple times, added into each of those grouped positions. Therefore, you can see how well each ATH would fit into each of the positions which also allows you to see ratings that you won't see on the player's Dynasty Wire profile card.

Rudy
10-16-2010, 08:22 AM
This is pretty cool but I'd love to see these options for offline dynasties as well.

psusnoop
10-16-2010, 10:41 AM
Thanks Jeff and G for breaking this down for us. I have not yet looked into this stuff as I have been working nonstop, but you better believe I'm going to be looking at this stuff tonight.

gschwendt
10-16-2010, 11:39 PM
Jeff, you've got CTH listed twice for Tight End. I think the second CTH is supposed to be BTK.

Rudy
10-17-2010, 04:44 AM
Can you guys post a .csv file to the site? I'd like to play around with this a little at work with SPSS. Just curious to see some of the reports and what I could manipulate. Having to use Excel for this with the columns all goofed up would be a real pain every time.

JeffHCross
10-17-2010, 12:59 PM
Jeff, you've got CTH listed twice for Tight End. I think the second CTH is supposed to be BTK.You are correct, sir.

Rudy, I'll attach my roster csv for Ohio State in my OD. The prospects CSV is about 40x the size limit for file attachments on this forum :D

I attached it as a txt file because csv's aren't recognized by the software.

Rudy
10-18-2010, 07:18 PM
That file worked really well. That one had the headers although I didn't see any throwing accuracy in the file. The one SS you have looks like a monster hitter and great against the run. Plus he's good in zone coverage (if those columns were right). Which file was all screwed up?

JeffHCross
10-18-2010, 09:18 PM
Rudy,
Here's the QBs, HBs, and FBs from the Prospects file. That's what the headers were missing from. I had to remove all but those sections to get it to fit within the forum's size limits. Give it a shot.

I removed the headers for you to make it a little more complex ;)

Rudy
10-19-2010, 05:20 AM
Cool. I'll check it out at work today.

oweb26
10-19-2010, 11:55 AM
Jeff,

So what you have pointed out with the colums is that I need to sperate sheets for each postion? I dont think it can line up any other way.

Oneback
10-19-2010, 11:55 AM
Oh, this is going to be bad....now I have something else to waste time on while at work.

oweb26
10-19-2010, 11:56 AM
that is exactly what I am doing at work right now!!! I foudn out how to get on the site at work YAY!!!!!!!

gschwendt
10-19-2010, 02:02 PM
Jeff,

So what you have pointed out with the colums is that I need to sperate sheets for each postion? I dont think it can line up any other way.
Yeah, that's pretty much the best way to handle it... though you can group like positions (Safeties, LBs, DLs, OLs).

JeffHCross
10-19-2010, 04:29 PM
Cool. I'll check it out at work today.
Rudy, I saw your tweet but I can't get there from work. What do you mean it can't figure out if it wants to use quotes or commas? Are you sure that's not just because I changed it to a txt file? It should have been a csv. So you should have changed it back (apologies if I didn't make that clear). The forum doesn't accept csv as a format, so I had to change it to txt.

What you should see is a ton of columns using commas as a delimeter. As memory serves, the only quotes should be around the player's name (if that) and the player's hometown.

Jeff,

So what you have pointed out with the colums is that I need to sperate sheets for each postion? I dont think it can line up any other way.I've got an idea that I'll be working on once I get a chance, but fundamentally ... yes. That would be, by far, the easiest way to do it. I put the headers into the middle of the file, and it works .. but it is a massive, massive headache. Seperate sheets would be much easier.

Though note, you have to be careful with csv files and separate sheets. You should probably convert it to an Excel file (or whatever you use) first, just to preserve the data. Otherwise it might overwrite the large file with just one sheet.

oweb26
10-19-2010, 07:23 PM
I just took your txt file from, did a text to columns copied it to 11 tabs not including K and P, then did a data filter on the top line on each sheet and I am able to sort by position whenever I want too, wasnt too much of a headache. Went alot smoother at home with a better PC than it did at work with a shitty one. As long as your PC can handle a massive copied file then you should be golden.

Rudy
10-20-2010, 05:29 AM
Jeff, in the file I got from you for the prospects, there are a bunch of double quotes that seem like they want to be used as the separators and not just the commas. What's annoying is that there are headers there but only one column for "Top 10 teams" while each Top 10 team has a comma for them which pushes them into their own column - not what was intended. When I import a csv or text file into SPSS, I can choose whether I want to use fixed widths (ie. first 10 characters are column 1, 8 characters column 2, etc.) or delimiters (ie dividers which can be commas, quotes, etc). I can specify more than one delimiter and I can actually get all the columns to line up decent but it would take a lot more work to get it right. I just come to the simple conclusion - the EA screwed up that export. I don't even know how they extracted that information so ugly.

gschwendt
10-20-2010, 08:58 AM
Jeff, in the file I got from you for the prospects, there are a bunch of double quotes that seem like they want to be used as the separators and not just the commas. What's annoying is that there are headers there but only one column for "Top 10 teams" while each Top 10 team has a comma for them which pushes them into their own column - not what was intended. When I import a csv or text file into SPSS, I can choose whether I want to use fixed widths (ie. first 10 characters are column 1, 8 characters column 2, etc.) or delimiters (ie dividers which can be commas, quotes, etc). I can specify more than one delimiter and I can actually get all the columns to line up decent but it would take a lot more work to get it right. I just come to the simple conclusion - the EA screwed up that export. I don't even know how they extracted that information so ugly.
Actually, for the prospects, it imports nicely into Excel as a csv... all columns line up properly (Top 10 Schools is 1 column). You might open it in Excel or OpenOffice first, then carry that over to SPSS (though I know little to nothing about SPSS).

JeffHCross
10-20-2010, 09:08 PM
I just come to the simple conclusion - the EA screwed up that export. I don't even know how they extracted that information so ugly.To be blunt, you came to the wrong conclusion.

The quotes are not delimiters in the prospects file. It is not a mistake, it is intentional. The quotations are what Excel calls "Text qualifiers". For SQL (which is what I'd imagine the csv file is built from), quotations are used to make the text strings one single string -- regardless of delimiters within. It's a convention, if not a standard.

G's on the money. Either you need to first take it into Excel and then take it into SPSS, or you need to figure out how to get SPSS to treat everything inside the quote as one column, ignoring the commas.

Rudy
10-21-2010, 05:01 AM
I'll give it another shot. SPSS does have text qualifiers as well. Anything Excel can do, SPSS can do and a whole lot more in terms of database management. I just have to use it correctly.

Rudy
10-23-2010, 06:01 AM
Well Jeff sent me the .csv file through e-mail and I looked at a few things. It's neat to check some stuff out.

A few quick observations on the DBs: CBs all have similar agility regardless of caliber (1 through 5*) and lower rated CBs actually have higher awareness generally speaking. The biggest differences in CBs is the improvement to speed and man/zone coverage as the rating goes up. FS and SS actually have better hands than CBs in Jeff's prospect file.

JeffHCross
10-23-2010, 09:23 PM
So I created a new dynasty. I can't view the Rosters in the pre-season, or Week 1. It says "No Records Found".

I don't really want to advance to Week 2, because then there's a -- albeit minute -- chance that progression will happen. I really want the download to be of the default rosters.

Any ideas?

JeffHCross
10-26-2010, 10:04 PM
So I created a new dynasty. I can't view the Rosters in the pre-season, or Week 1. It says "No Records Found".Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

oweb26
10-27-2010, 02:24 PM
I can tell you that I have no clue.

psuexv
10-29-2010, 03:16 PM
You know what stinks. They don't have Acceleration on the offensive lineman on the web or in the download.

psuexv
11-03-2010, 02:59 PM
Found some additional issues with the Roster file download. It doesn't seem to download all rating for each player. ex - Throw Accuracy and Press Coverage are two that I've noticed so far that are missing.

JeffHCross
11-03-2010, 09:21 PM
Yep, I noticed that as well. Kinda annoying, since THA is probably one of the ratings I was more likely to want downloaded.

cdj, what are our chances of seeing bug fixes to these downloads?

psuexv
11-04-2010, 08:26 AM
Yep, I noticed that as well. Kinda annoying, since THA is probably one of the ratings I was more likely to want downloaded.

yeah this one confused me. I can see Press Coverage for a DB not being included but THA for a QB... come on.

JeffHCross
11-11-2010, 09:04 PM
yeah this one confused me. I can see Press Coverage for a DB not being included but THA for a QB... come on.Interesting enough ... there are three ratings missing. And if you load up a player's card on Dynasty Wire, it's the last rating listed in each of the bottom three sections. Press Coverage, Throw Accuracy, and Return. It's like they just forgot to select all the ratings in those sections.

cdj
11-12-2010, 05:43 AM

I am sending in now an e-mail with the feedback JHC typed up.

cdj
11-12-2010, 11:59 AM

I sent in the list of fixes you PMd me this morning:

1. In the "Roster" download, the column for Hometown/State isn't enclosed in "", so it's treated like two separate columns when opened as a csv file. This means that the headers do not match up with the data, and differs from the "Prospects" download.
2. The "Roster" file doesn't include three ratings: Throw Accuracy, Press Coverage, and Return.
3. For the "Prospects" download, the only headers that are contained in the file are for QBs. Other positions are in the file, but no headers are included.
4. For the "Prospects" download, for the DE, DT, OLB and MLB positions, one column isn't properly saved. It's probably supposed to be Finesse Move, but comes out as "F" grade for every player.

And just got back a response that the fixes should now be deployed.

Yes, they’re all fixed and live. I just verified again on the Prod site to be sure. Also, you may want to note in responses that I also separated out Hometown, State in Roster and Prospects so they could be sorted separately, and I also separated out the Prospects’ Top10 schools so they could be sorted uniquely as well!

:)

gschwendt
11-12-2010, 12:13 PM
So apparently they fixed it, however they also took away the ability to "peek" at ATH ratings that aren't on the ATH player card. There is now only one record for all ATHs and only shows the same information that the web-app shows:

Name|Position|Caliber|Position Rank|Overall Rank|Height|Weight|School 1|School 2|School 3|School 4|School 5|School 6|School 7|School 8|School 9|School 10|Hometown|State|Speed|Acceleration|Agility|Aware ness|Stamina|Injury|Strength|Throw Power|Throw Accuracy|Break Tackle|Elusiveness|Trucking|Carrying|Ball Carrier Vision|Stiff Arm|Spin Move|Juke Move|Catching|Route Running|Catch In Traffic|Spectacular Catch|Jumping|Release|Impact Blocking|Run Block|Run Block Strength|Run Block Footwork|Pass Block|Pass Block Strength|Pass Block Footwork|Tackle|Play Recognition|Power Moves|Finesse Moves|Block Shedding|Pursuit|Hit Power|Press|Zone Coverage|Man Coverage|Kick Power|Kick Accuracy
Elliott Alexander|ATH|5|1|2|6'0"|181 lbs|Alabama|Oklahoma|Ohio State|Texas|Florida|LSU|USC|Notre Dame|Florida State|Miami|Chattahoochee|FL|A|" "|B|D-|B+|B-|C|D-|" "|D-|" "|" "|" "|D|" "|" "|" "|C+|D|D|" "|" "|" "|" "|D-|" "|" "|D-|" "|" "|B-|B-|" "|" "|C+|B-|C+|" "|C+|C+|" "|" "

JeffHCross
11-12-2010, 08:27 PM
So apparently they fixed it, however they also took away the ability to "peek" at ATH ratings that aren't on the ATH player card.I can honestly not blame them for that.

CDJ, that is borderline amazing how we managed that timing. Thanks for sending it in, sorry it took me so long to turn it around.

JeffHCross
02-20-2011, 08:40 PM
Using the Online Data Export, I exported the named rosters by steelerfan (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/content.php?250-PS3-Rosters-Are-Complete-NCAA-Football-11) from Week 2 of my Online Dynasty. Sadly, you can't export in Week 1, so there is some progression in these rosters. Sorry.

Anyway, here's an Excel file of, essentially, the default rosters, but with names: http://www.sendspace.com/file/hlwk9f

Rudy
04-23-2011, 05:44 AM
(oops wrong thread)