PDA

View Full Version : Arcania: Gothic IV

morsdraconis
10-15-2010, 12:35 PM
IGN Review (http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/112/1127292p1.html)

Arcania: Gothic IV does very little to progress the genre – particularly in mission structure and storytelling areas – but what it ultimately does deliver is a loot-heavy dungeon crawling experience that doesn't tax your skills, but instead lets you leisurely enjoy the world and kill a lot of goblins and swamp flies along the way. In this way, the Gothic series has always filled in a more casual space than similarly minded RPGs. The combat has a decent level of depth, the island is sprawling - but certainly not truly open-world, and varied and detailed. The story is distracting and disposable – kind of enjoyable but never subtle. It's not going to please hardcore D&D purists, or gamers looking for the next Elder Scrolls, but as a middle ground between deeper entries and linear adventures, Arcania: Gothic IV hits its stride.

Rating: 7.0 out of 10

Pretty much agree with what they said from what I've played of it so far (which was only a 2 hours or so). The graphics are pretty terrible and the frame rate is atrocious (I'd be willing to guess that it's 30 at best most of the time). The voice acting is mediocre, at best, so far and the skill system is basically meaningless from what I've experienced so far. Definitely not a very good game.

oweb26
10-15-2010, 12:41 PM
I can agree with everything you have just said, I think I mentioned it in another thread but I still might get it, I will not get it a 60 price point but Im easily satisfied on my RPG's as far as acting and things of the sort.

That review pretty much summed up what kind of RPG gamer I am, I still to this day have nto finished Elder Scrolls it was just too much shit to do and I'm busy guy get to the damn point is something I tell alot of mygame when talking to the screen. lol

Nothingface
10-15-2010, 04:28 PM
So the Gothic series just keeps gettng worse and worse by each game?