PDA

View Full Version : Week 7, 2012

Oneback
10-14-2010, 06:18 PM
=============== #8 Oklahoma Sooners (4-1) ===============
Last week, Oklahoma won 44-24 against UCLA (1-4).
This week, the Sooners will host Texas A&M (3-2).
In recruiting news, the following Oklahoma targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) DT Craig Reyes has committed to TCU

=============== #17 Clemson Tigers (5-1) ===============
Last week, Clemson won 31-24 against Vanderbilt (1-4).
This week, the Tigers will host NC State (2-4).
In recruiting news, the following Clemson targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) RG Alan Johnson has committed to Florida
- (****) DT Terrell Brown has committed to Stanford

=============== #9 Florida State Seminoles (5-1) ===============
Last week, Florida State won 52-0 against Wake Forest (0-5).
This week, the Seminoles travel to Blacksburg to face the #7 Virginia Tech Hokies (6-0).
In recruiting news, the following Florida State targets have announced their decisions:
- (*****) SS Ross Rogers has committed to Florida State
- (***) K Darryl Edwards has committed to Florida State
- (****) FS Patrick Bowen has committed to Florida State
- (****) MLB Wali Powell has committed to Florida State

=============== #3 Miami Hurricanes (6-0) ===============
Last week, Miami won 65-0 against Duke (1-4).
This week, the Hurricanes travel to Charlottesville to face the Virginia Cavaliers (3-2).
In recruiting news, the following Miami targets have announced their decisions:
- (*****) RE Brandon Williams has committed to Miami
- (*****) WR Paul Holley has committed to Miami

=============== #2 Michigan Wolverines (5-0) ===============
Last week, Michigan won 35-28 against Wisconsin (4-2).
This week, the Wolverines travel to Bloomington to face the Indiana Hoosiers (4-1).
In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) RT Blake Williams has committed to Michigan
- (****) CB David Poole has committed to Penn State
- (****) TE Joel Brown has committed to Michigan
- (****) LOLB Ray Willis has committed to Ohio State

=============== #15 Ohio State Buckeyes (4-2) ===============
Last week, Ohio State lost 41-27 against Penn State (5-0).
This week, the Buckeyes are idle.
In recruiting news, the following Ohio State targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) RT James Riley has committed to Ohio State
- (****) C Thomas Brown has committed to Ohio State
- (****) RE Jarrett Douglas has committed to Ohio State
- (****) CB Kenny West has committed to Ohio State

=============== #1 Penn State Nittany Lions (5-0) ===============
Last week, Penn State won 41-27 against Ohio State (4-2).
This week, the Nittany Lions travel to Iowa City to face the Iowa Hawkeyes (1-2).
In recruiting news, the following Penn State targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) CB David Poole has committed to Penn State

=============== Oregon Ducks (4-2) ===============
Last week, Oregon lost 26-21 against Texas (5-1).
This week, the Ducks will host Cal (3-1).
In recruiting news, the following Oregon targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) MLB Michael Boyd has committed to Stanford

=============== #14 USC Trojans (2-2) ===============
Last week, USC won 44-6 against Cal (3-1).
This week, the Trojans will host Texas Tech (2-2).
In recruiting news, the following USC targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) MLB Michael Boyd has committed to Stanford
- (****) LOLB Sean Parrish has committed to TCU

=============== #7 Virginia Tech Hokies (6-0) ===============
Last week, Virginia Tech won 35-21 against North Carolina (2-2).
This week, the Hokies will host #9 Florida State (5-1).
In recruiting news, the following Virginia Tech targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) QB Pierre Sparks has committed to Tennessee
- (***) C Jake Clayton has committed to Utah
- (*) FB Dennis Nelson has committed to UCF
- (****) QB Morris Bennett has committed to West Virginia
- (**) FB Kris Lawrence has committed to Nebraska
- (****) RG Alan Johnson has committed to Florida
- (****) QB Isaiah Johnson has committed to West Virginia
- (****) DT Jermaine Garrett has committed to Virginia Tech

=============== #5 Texas Longhorns (5-1) ===============
Last week, Texas won 26-21 against Oregon (4-2).
This week, the Longhorns travel to Corvallis to face the Oregon State Beavers (1-4).
In recruiting news, the following Texas targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) CB Kenny West has committed to Ohio State
- (*****) LE Ron Robinson has committed to Texas

=============== #12 Wisconsin Badgers (4-2) ===============
Last week, Wisconsin lost 35-28 against Michigan (5-0).
This week, the Badgers will host Minnesota (2-2).

Oneback
10-14-2010, 06:19 PM
Coach Oneback is not happy at all about the recruiting outcome this week.

Kingpin32
10-14-2010, 06:22 PM
Damn I lost my MLB...

RcSinger
10-14-2010, 06:44 PM
Ok fsuprime, I can't play tonight, got to take my girl to ball practice. Tomorrow night is hit or miss because we may be going to some haunted houses. Saturday, during the day is good because Bama plays a prime time game. I do want to watch Auburn and the woo pigs, but if we need to get the game in saturday I would be up for it. Sunday's are bad during the day because we watch the race, but after the race is over I'd be up for a game, let me know what your schedule looks like and when you will be available. If we don't do the haunted houses, tomorrow night will be ideal.

fsuprime
10-14-2010, 06:47 PM
sounds like sunday, im already drunk now, tomorrow morning and day time are good until 4pm or so, then the night is hit or miss as well. saturday noon fsu v bc ill be at the game and then with family the rest of the day.

people watch racing??? jk ;0

RcSinger
10-14-2010, 06:54 PM
Racing is just in some peoples blood, especially people in the "traditional south". "RC" in my name is actually attributed to racing. I was big into go cart and Remote Control racing for a while. Still would be if not for time and money. Being from Florida, you probably know what kind of RC I am talking about, but some of these "toy cars" sell for $900.00 and I have one that I have invested about 1,200.00 in all told with add ons and upgrades. The batteries alone are around 60 to 150 depending on NiMH or LiPo.

fsuprime
10-14-2010, 07:13 PM
cool man, well you can get my cell # from oneback and ill do the same and ill check with you tomorrow to see what time we can play hopefully, or if not sunday night.

JeffHCross
10-14-2010, 07:52 PM
Coach Oneback is not happy at all about the recruiting outcome this week.As soon as I got the text from the advance, I hit up my e-mail. When I saw OSU next to all five guys, all I said was "Oneback's gonna be piiiiiiiiiissssssssseeeeeeeeeedddddddddd"

people watch racing??? jk ;0Damn straight. Every week.

psusnoop
10-14-2010, 07:55 PM
Too boot PSU stool another soft commit to Michigan as they stole a [4star] CB.

Oneback
10-14-2010, 08:01 PM
Just a little...recruiting this season has been beyond crazy. I've never in all the years of dynasty seen a team land a recruit the week of bringing someone in for a visit and losing, not to mention he was soft to me. Same with the number one CB, I was soft to him and PSU landed him. Losing Holley was big as well, but if that means I land the #1 WR I'll take that tradeoff.

psusnoop
10-14-2010, 08:08 PM
the recruiting is really interesting in this years version, but I really enjoy how open it can and is. I have had so much fun trying to figure things out but I honestly still don't have a clue as to what works vs what doesn't.

gschwendt
10-14-2010, 09:10 PM
Big recruiting week for the Badgers as 8 recruits were on campus to watch Wisconsin defeat rival Minnesota 58-7. Two of those recruits are already soft-committed to other schools but with a decisive win like that, Wisconsin hopes to change their mind.

Oneback
10-14-2010, 09:14 PM
I guess the one good thing that comes out of this week is Michigan moves up to #2 in the polls.

texacotea
10-14-2010, 09:33 PM
WTF....i got jumped by 2 people??? I did get Holley :)

Kingpin32
10-14-2010, 09:51 PM
I have every recruit left on board coming in this week.

JeffHCross
10-14-2010, 09:52 PM
Just a little...recruiting this season has been beyond crazy. I've never in all the years of dynasty seen a team land a recruit the week of bringing someone in for a visit and losing, not to mention he was soft to me.I did mention several times that I was only 1 point behind and I rolled 742 points. I lost, but it was still a B rated visit. I think a B visit + 742 should be plenty to overcome a "1 point" lead.

fsuprime
10-14-2010, 09:57 PM
well we know 1 point behind could really be 300 or 500 so who really cares ;)

if the game lets someone get 742 without an x2 it is obviously blind luck, just like all recruiting, which makes it fun and aggravating!

same reason i spent 20 minutes a week on my kicker and lost the lead to miami and texas and still got him in the end.

JeffHCross
10-14-2010, 10:17 PM
if the game lets someone get 742 without an x2I never said it wasn't x2 :D

psuexv
10-14-2010, 10:18 PM
USC stomps Texas Tech 52-3. After an opening drive of 70 yards that ended in a FG, the Trojan defense took over. Piling up 6 sacks and a fumble recovery and holding the Red Raiders offense to 145 total yards and -16 rushing.

Walker 325 yards 2 TD 0 Int
Morgan 90 yards
Baxter 76 yards 1 TD
Prater 131 yards 1 TD

Uko 7 tackles 3 sacks fumble recovery for TD

fsuprime
10-14-2010, 10:21 PM
I never said it wasn't x2 :D

ahhh well then it is pretty much awful, if i had 742 on a recruit in week 6 with an x2 id be pissed, not bragging about it for the 5th time lol.

JeffHCross
10-14-2010, 10:43 PM
ahhh well then it is pretty much awful, if i had 742 on a recruit in week 6 with an x2 id be pissed, not bragging about it for the 5th time lol.Lol. Well I did have a couple bad rolls within the call. But hey, I got the signing, that's all that matters.

And 742 is still good when other people don't get the x2, especially in a do-or-die week for the recruit.

Oneback
10-14-2010, 10:43 PM
Michigan takes their frustrations out on 4-1 Indiana with a 49-0 win. The Wolverine defense limited the Hoosiers to 99 yards of total offense and returned one interception for a touchdown. Not to be outdone by the secondary, the defensive line tallied 3 sacks, 2 of which came from freshman Jesse Williams.

Tate Forcier didn't rack up a lot of stats but he really wasn't needed in this game with the running game piling up 336 yards. Forcier did however throw for 101 yards and two touchdowns on 8 of 11 passing early in the game. The star of the game was Nick Cleveland who rushed for 121 yards on 22 carries and 2 touchdowns, 5 others carried the ball as well: Michael Cox had 63 yards and a touchdown, Fitzgerald Tousaint had 97 yards and a touchdown and even the quarterbacks got in on the action as Forcier had 25 yards and Devin Gardner had 20. Returner Vincent Smith added 10 yards on one carry spelling Tousaint late in the game.

Freshman wide recievers James Ferguson and Ronnie Lewis added 45 and 48 yards respectfully, Ferguson also added a touchdown.

The defense was headed by Jesse Williams who had 5 tackles and two sacks on the day, fellow freshman defensive tackle Brandon Coe also added 5 tackles and a sack as finished the game after coming in for nose tackle William Campbell early in the second quarter after Michigan was up by 21.

Overall both the offense and defense looked dominate heading into next weeks matchup against Michigan State.

fsuprime
10-14-2010, 10:49 PM
Lol. Well I did have a couple bad rolls within the call. But hey, I got the signing, that's all that matters.

And 742 is still good when other people don't get the x2, especially in a do-or-die week for the recruit.

yea im just saying as much as u mentioned it without the x2 it was funny, like you had hit all great pitches with a pipeline state which would be cool, but to find out it is just a lower tier x2 call is disappoint after the hype ;)

JeffHCross
10-14-2010, 10:53 PM
yea im just saying as much as u mentioned it without the x2 it was funny, like you had hit all great pitches with a pipeline state which would be cool, but to find out it is just a lower tier x2 call is disappoint after the hype ;)Haha, understood. Though it wasn't a pipeline state, so that does make it slightly more impressive.

And, more than anything, it was the only thing that gave me hope that I might sign him even with a loss.

Papa LoneStar
10-15-2010, 12:33 AM
The #5 Longhorns grab a road win over Oregon State....38-6
Longhorn offense: 8-14 3rd down, 260 rushing yards
QB Garrett Gilbert, Sr: 8-11 132 yards 1 INT
RB Earl Campbell Jr, Fr: 31 car 214 yards 5 TD
TE Colton Hall, Fr: 4 rec 57 yards
Longhorn defense: -3 rushing yards, 2-11 3rd down defense, turnovers
MLB Jordan Hicks, So: 4 solo tackles (3 TFL), 2 sacks
OLB Tevin Jackson, So: 4 tackles (3 solo, 2 TFL), 1 sack
CB Bryant Jackson, Jr: 1 INT
Next up: BYE....at UCLA in Week 9....2:30pm on ABC

Iron Dragon
10-15-2010, 04:15 PM
Calhoun's 315 rush yards, 5 TDs day leads of 49-28 beating of aTm

Jermie Calhoun touched the ball 37 times (36 rush, 1 rec) and picked up 340 yards (315 rush, 25 rec) and 5 TDs (all rushing) in Thursday night's victory over A&M at home. "He just doesn't stop moving.", said coach Dragon. "He can touch the ball 30+ times a game and still be fresh."

Landry Jones managed the game well with a 10-for-15 performance and 177 yards and a TD. His TD pass was to freshman Brett Muse.

Former JUCO JR Dallas Huffman led the team with 56 recieving yards with true freshman Richardson not far behind at 38.

JaMarkus McFarland, one of the top DT prospects for this year's upcoming draft got another sack, as the Pac-10 sleeping giant is now awaking.

JeffHCross
10-15-2010, 04:21 PM
Good grief. No competition for the Heisman or Doak this year ...

RcSinger
10-15-2010, 06:07 PM
Well FSU, We decided not to go haunting housing tonight, so I'll be down for a game. Will be in wait mode to see if you come on..

fsuprime
10-15-2010, 06:45 PM
still game?

RcSinger
10-15-2010, 06:49 PM
yeah, wanna go now?

fsuprime
10-15-2010, 06:50 PM
yea im on

RcSinger
10-15-2010, 06:51 PM
getting on now.

RcSinger
10-15-2010, 06:52 PM
How do I hook up my bluetooth headset

gschwendt
10-15-2010, 06:52 PM
That would just leave Kingpin to play his game (assuming everyone has completed their recruiting).

RcSinger
10-15-2010, 06:55 PM
working on it prime

RcSinger
10-15-2010, 07:15 PM
sorry, late pitch!!!!

fsuprime
10-15-2010, 08:04 PM
lol dont worry, if the game was more responsive you would not have needed late pitch.

FSU 52 Va tech 14
Game got out of hand with the computer deciding it was Va Techs day to fumble :/ 4th and inches and a big moment in the game and his qb dove after getting the 1st down and he fumbled. My running game seemed to be on fire for the first time since season 1.
FSUs D forced 5 turnovers including one fumble returned for 6. Christ Thompson ran for 214 yards on 14 carries and 2 TDs, back up Ty Jones ran for 100+ on 10 carries and 1 TD.

Sorry about that long TD run at the beginning of the 4th quarter rc, i got so excited breaking into the secondary i forgot the score for a bit :(.
GG rc. It can only get better, you are saddled with a B- Defense at the moment.

Iron Dragon
10-15-2010, 08:12 PM
Good grief. No competition for the Heisman or Doak this year ...

99 Stamina man knows how to run. Once he gets into the secondary, he's going to score. One run he should have been wrapped up three times, made the first look like a fool, juked the second, spun past the third.. and waltzed down the field for 68 or 78 yards and a TD.

I'm glad I finally have a runningback to my likings. Reminds me of what I did with Dan Herron on NCAA '10 in another OD. Had 2000+ yards, 30 TDs, and like 3 rec. TDs. Was easier with him since I had Pryor and then Guiton so it opened up the option game. Can't do that with Jones and can barely do it with Bell.

RcSinger
10-15-2010, 08:18 PM
The Seminoles are heading back to Tallahassee with brand new headdresses, made entirely of Hokie feathers.

The Hokies really struggled on run defense today and turnovers.

Well some of those turnovers might be attributed to the fact that the Backup QB played mucch of the game.

Even still, this is a big time ACC game with conference implications, you got to take better care of the ball.

The two key defensive freshmen were silent today. A single tackle for McGlaughlin and only an assisted tackle from "The Leach"

Where was the Hokies rushing attack today?

Well it appears it was being visited by the FSU Defense. 74 total rushing yards for the Hokies, compared with a staggering 350 for FSU.

In total yardage, the stats are very similar between these two teams.
FSU VT
557 545
The Hokies put up 345 yards passing, but threw 4, yes I said 4 interceptions.

First Downs
FSU VT
11 14

The Hokies inexperience really showed in this contest and it really appeared that the team just gave up in the second half. Fumbles, Interceptions, Missed Tackles, just really atrocious play.

I'm anxious to see how they respond to this absolute beating that they took tonight and if they let this game change the way they play the rest of the season, or if they can bounce back and continue to compete in the ACC.

Amazingly, this game began very competitive. FSU marched down the field on the opening possession and the Hokies answered with a 78 yard pass play.

The following FSU possession, the Hokies D stands tall and forces a 3 and out.

The Hokies begin a march down the field and they look to take the lead when "Juice" throws a pick to FSU's Bently that resulted in an FSU score.

Points off turnovers for the seminoles was just the standard of todays game.

Clayton gets injured on the next Hokie possession and on a 4th and inches play, QB sneak, Fumble recovered by FSU.

FSU answers with a 79 yard rushing TD, 79 yards.

This pretty much ended the Hokies chances, each possession seemed to end in a turnover and almost each FSU possession seemed to end in points.

VT did not punt until the second half, they did have 2 4th and short plays, one ending in a Turnover and the other ending in a Touchdown.

I'll look forward to the next time this team takes the field, what can we expect from them from here on out;.... only time will tell.

RcSinger
10-15-2010, 08:25 PM
lol dont worry, if the game was more responsive you would not have needed late pitch.

Well, that's why I dove on the play, I hit the pitch button, but it did seem to hang for a few seconds b4 it actually pitched the ball. When I noticed that it was a late pitch, I hit the dive button, just sorry it was 15 yards later... I started to take a delay penalty afterward but I figured you were gonna toast me anyway. So I just ran another play.

JeffHCross
10-15-2010, 08:28 PM
How do I hook up my bluetooth headsetGo to the PS3 Cross Media Bar -> Settings -> Accessory Settings -> Manage Bluetooth Devices.

fsuprime
10-15-2010, 08:28 PM
yea we do not really have a rule on late pitches that i know of, i have not really ran any option in this OD so im not sure though, we have not had a rule on it in the past.

fsuprime
10-15-2010, 08:32 PM
also according to OD, only kingpin remains to play and RC might need to recruit then we r ready

RcSinger
10-15-2010, 08:38 PM
Coach RC is very frusterated with his teams conditioning, as injuries have taken key players out for a significant amount of time this season. Singer is currently petitioning the EA/Tiburon NCAA for an in season conditioning program to improve this. No word on any response as of yet. Calls for a comment from the EATNCAA have not been returned.

Kingpin32
10-15-2010, 09:43 PM
I'll get my game in tonight hopefully. I'm running on about 2 hours of sleep and had drive back home for a family gathering.

Kingpin32
10-15-2010, 09:48 PM
Ok I lied, I'm about to pass out from exhaustion right now. I'll get my game in tomorrow.

JeffHCross
10-15-2010, 10:16 PM
RC, as long as you aren't blatantly using the ability to late pitch to gain an obvious advantage on your opponent, we're fine with it. Plus, it seems like the late pitches are not nearly as accurate this season. We all understand that sometimes the late pitches are not intentional, but the result of unresponsive controls/animations.

RcSinger
10-15-2010, 10:22 PM
It wasn't intentional, I seen the defender closing on the QB and the HB had a lane, I pressed the button, but the pitch was delayed by contact (apparently) after about 15 extra yards, I just dove to the ground to end the play. I might have gone the distance had I kept running, but the animation looked very much like a late pitch.

I run a boot pass with VT that is very effecive, but it doesn't look like a boot, it looks like a "QB sprint cheese" pass play. Rather than running the boot, the QB just dashes back and out about 3 yards. I ran it once in the game for a bunch of yards, but decided it looked too much like cheese so I didn't run it again. That is actually the best play I have for getting my #1 WR some action and YAC.

psuexv
10-15-2010, 10:28 PM
also according to OD, only kingpin remains to play and RC might need to recruit then we r ready

Looks like OB has to recruit as well.

KingPin - I'd be available late tomorrow night if you want to try and get one in. If not I can do it late Sunday night - maybe during the day Sunday but I doubt it.

Oneback
10-16-2010, 12:10 AM
It wasn't intentional, I seen the defender closing on the QB and the HB had a lane, I pressed the button, but the pitch was delayed by contact (apparently) after about 15 extra yards, I just dove to the ground to end the play. I might have gone the distance had I kept running, but the animation looked very much like a late pitch.

I run a boot pass with VT that is very effecive, but it doesn't look like a boot, it looks like a "QB sprint cheese" pass play. Rather than running the boot, the QB just dashes back and out about 3 yards. I ran it once in the game for a bunch of yards, but decided it looked too much like cheese so I didn't run it again. That is actually the best play I have for getting my #1 WR some action and YAC.

On that play the line blocks hard to the boot side, I haven't seen a real problem with the play. You shouldn't have to worry about it too much.

Oneback
10-16-2010, 12:11 AM

KingPin - I'd be available late tomorrow night if you want to try and get one in. If not I can do it late Sunday night - maybe during the day Sunday but I doubt it.

No I only used 9 hours this week...it may go back up to 10 next week depending on what happens to that #1 WR....I didn't want to add any more WR's do my board in hopes of stealing him from Papa.

fsuprime
10-16-2010, 02:01 AM
yea the play in question was not abused at all imo. i had the men down field to cover it probably 10 yards after RC dove down field but it definitely was not an abuse at all, he played a clean game throughout. Honestly having used GTs playbook in another OD i would never accuse anyone of cheesing do to late pitches period.

Oneback
10-16-2010, 04:29 PM
KingPin said he is going to play in an hour or two and that he hasn't been home all day.

psusnoop
10-16-2010, 05:24 PM
that is fine, perfect for a 9 or 10 pm advance tonight. I will surely welcome that.

gschwendt
10-16-2010, 05:28 PM
This will be a huge results week for me in Week 8 as far as recruiting. It will likely determine whether I'm a top 25 class or a bottom 25 class.

psusnoop
10-16-2010, 05:52 PM
Oh boy I bet you can't wait to see the advance once it happens. I really don't have any recruits coming in right now but I have so many that I'm 1 or 2 for that I need to be doing a great job recruiting each week.

JeffHCross
10-16-2010, 06:02 PM
After Week 6 against PSU for 6 of my recruits (5 of which signed), I've got Week 9 for evvveeerrryyyyybody else.

Oneback
10-16-2010, 08:10 PM
Kingpin should be kicking off momentarily.

psusnoop
10-16-2010, 08:19 PM
Cool thanks

JeffHCross
10-16-2010, 09:05 PM
Let's goooooooooo ... I need to take out some frustration!

Kingpin32
10-16-2010, 09:52 PM

What time can you play tonight? I'll be here for the rest of the night. Tomorrow won't be good for me since I'll be on the road going back to Lubbock.

psuexv
10-16-2010, 10:17 PM
What time can you play tonight? I'll be here for the rest of the night. Tomorrow won't be good for me since I'll be on the road going back to Lubbock.

I'm logging on now if you're still around.

Kingpin32
10-16-2010, 10:21 PM
I'm still online.

psuexv
10-16-2010, 10:24 PM
I'm still online.

Invite sent

Kingpin32
10-16-2010, 10:26 PM
I think me and you are having the same problem me and snoop had. Did you get my last invite?

Kingpin32
10-16-2010, 10:27 PM
Nevermind it seems to work now