PDA

View Full Version : BCS Rankings Discussion

JBHuskers
10-11-2010, 08:39 AM
The first rankings will come out this Sunday night.

Just heard on ESPN that Boise is projected at #1 and will have a considerable lead; however, even if they win out, their schedule gets much worse, and everyone else's get much better, so they won't hold that lead.

steelerfan
10-11-2010, 11:13 AM
Yeah, I watched that Mock BCS stuff on the 4-letter network last evening. The biggest surprises to me were Ohio St at 5, and Nebraska at 7. Neither team should be in the #1 discussion (yet), but I was a bit shocked to see them both so low. These projections said that the computers had OSU at 10 which is why they could be #1 in both polls and #5 in the BCS.

morsdraconis
10-11-2010, 11:36 AM
Well, when you really haven't played anyone, that's what happens.

AustinWolv
10-11-2010, 01:14 PM
There is truth in that, mors. For example, people on another site are touting how good 'Cuse's defense is. Uh......who have they played? They gave up 41 to the Huskies who aren't exactly good and they beat up on some FCS type teams.

psuexv
10-15-2010, 02:54 PM
The problem is the preseason polls. They need to get rid of them and start all the polls in week 6 or 7. Everyone is still going to know which teams are good, so big time early matchups will still be intact.