PDA

View Full Version : Week 5, 2012

Oneback
10-10-2010, 10:09 PM
=============== #4 Oklahoma Sooners (3-0) ===============
Last week the Sooners were idle.
This week, the Sooners travel to Dallas to face the #5 Texas Longhorns (3-1).

=============== #21 Clemson Tigers (3-1) ===============
Last week, Clemson won 45-14 against Boston College (0-3).
This week, the Tigers travel to Winston-Salem to face the Wake Forest Demon Deacons (0-3).
In recruiting news, the following Clemson targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) HB Dedrick Robinson has committed to Clemson

=============== #6 Florida State Seminoles (4-0) ===============
Last week, Florida State won 51-10 against West Virginia (2-1).
This week, the Seminoles travel to Miami to face the #1 Miami Hurricanes (4-0).
In recruiting news, the following Florida State targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) CB Jacob Beverly has committed to Tennessee

=============== #1 Miami Hurricanes (4-0) ===============
Last week, Miami won 42-35 against Wisconsin (3-1).
This week, the Hurricanes will host #6 Florida State (4-0).

=============== #7 Michigan Wolverines (4-0) ===============
Last week, Michigan won 31-0 against Notre Dame (2-1).
This week, the Wolverines are idle.

=============== #11 Ohio State Buckeyes (3-1) ===============
Last week, Ohio State won 45-7 against Missouri (2-1).
This week, the Buckeyes travel to East Lansing to face the #25 Michigan State Spartans (2-1).

=============== #2 Penn State Nittany Lions (3-0) ===============
Last week, Penn State won 42-28 against Oregon (3-1).
This week, the Nittany Lions will host Illinois (1-1).

=============== Oregon Ducks (3-1) ===============
Last week, Oregon lost 42-28 against Penn State (3-0).
This week, the Ducks travel to Lubbock to face the Texas Tech Red Raiders (2-1).

=============== #14 USC Trojans (1-2) ===============
Last week, USC won 34-10 against Texas A&M (3-1).
This week, the Trojans are idle.
In recruiting news, the following USC targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) WR Loren Jones has committed to USC
- (*****) LT Cory Nelson has committed to Texas

=============== #12 Virginia Tech Hokies (4-0) ===============
Last week, Virginia Tech won 41-13 against ECU (0-3).
This week, the Hokies will host Duke (1-2).
In recruiting news, the following Virginia Tech targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) WR Josh Baker has committed to Texas Tech
- (****) FS Mike Douglas has committed to Virginia Tech

=============== #5 Texas Longhorns (3-1) ===============
Last week, Texas won 66-0 against Oklahoma State (2-2).
This week, the Longhorns will host #4 Oklahoma (3-0).
In recruiting news, the following Texas targets have announced their decisions:
- (*****) LT Cory Nelson has committed to Texas

=============== #10 Wisconsin Badgers (3-1) ===============
Last week, Wisconsin lost 42-35 against Miami (4-0).
This week, the Badgers travel to Iowa City to face the Iowa Hawkeyes (1-0).
In recruiting news, the following Wisconsin targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) CB Ryan Bell has committed to Texas Tech

psusnoop
10-11-2010, 04:45 AM
Penn State stayed up to vent some frustrations against Illinios. Routing them last night was enjoyable.

My defense held them to under 100yds total offense. Their only score came on a very long fumble recovery.

Now, I have some bad news. PSU has now lost their backup QB for 8 weeks to a torn pect.

PSU though of any position should be able to handle it as they have 6 QB's on their roster. The debate now is who will get the call to lead the Lions into Columbus, OH next week. Look for Shelby to get the nod here in this competition.

JeffHCross
10-11-2010, 06:52 AM
PSU though of any position should be able to handle it as they have 6 QB's on their roster. The debate now is who will get the call to lead the Lions into Columbus, OH next week. Look for Shelby to get the nod here in this competition.I have hope!

texacotea
10-11-2010, 07:00 AM
FSU whats good for you?

Papa LoneStar
10-11-2010, 08:19 AM
ID....I have a 4-4:20pm central kickoff window this afternoon only....then tonight there's a good chance I'll be off between 10:15-10:30pm since we start at 6:15pm on Mondays now....so we could kickoff at 11pm central....Tuesday-Wednesday....I can only kickoff after work (11-11:30pm central) due to having to pick my son up from daycare after my 1st job....Thursday....me and the family are going to the fair so that day is out until 11-11:30pm....and Friday....I have a 6am-3pm and 11-11:30pm central kickoff window as I'm taking my birthday vacation (except October 19th where I'll be free all day as I can do whatever the funk I want on that day). For Oregon and USC....this will be the window during the weekdays until October 26th.

fsuprime
10-11-2010, 08:32 AM
tonight after 6 est is good for me tex.

Papa LoneStar
10-11-2010, 11:13 AM
ID....I edited my post....I forgot Mondays I have to be at work at 6:15pm central....last Monday (the 1st time we did that....I clocked out at 10:17pm....so hopefully it's the same or earlier).

fsuprime
10-11-2010, 01:02 PM
Tex, just had to fill in for someone for tennis tonight so how does tomorrow look for you? I can play all day except between 1pm and 3:30 pm.

psuexv
10-11-2010, 01:19 PM
Oregon defeats Texas Tech 42-0 - You had to feel a little bad for them, looks like you called off the dogs in the 4th.

Kingpin32
10-11-2010, 01:54 PM
Oregon defeats Texas Tech 42-0 - You had to feel a little bad for them, looks like you called off the dogs in the 4th.

Yeah I tried to slow the scoring down in the second half. I had scored on every possession I had in the first 2 quarters. Not to mention them running an Air Force offense helped too.

Iron Dragon
10-11-2010, 02:52 PM
According to your schedule I can play now, or then it'd have to be Friday.

Oneback
10-11-2010, 02:58 PM
ID, I sent Papa a text...he would like to know if you can play at 4pm central?

Iron Dragon
10-11-2010, 03:09 PM
ID, I sent Papa a text...he would like to know if you can play at 4pm central?

I sent him one and said I'm good to go then.

psuexv
10-11-2010, 03:34 PM
I sent him one and said I'm good to go then.

Sweet - we might get an advance in tomorrow.

psuexv
10-11-2010, 03:36 PM
Yeah I tried to slow the scoring down in the second half. I had scored on every possession I had in the first 2 quarters. Not to mention them running an Air Force offense helped too.

Have we figured out a way to fix they fact that a CPU team runs the AF playbook once they lose the user control?

Oneback
10-11-2010, 03:39 PM
Good to hear...

Oneback
10-11-2010, 03:40 PM
Have we figured out a way to fix they fact that a CPU team runs the AF playbook once they lose the user control?

Its not that they default to the Air Force playbook, its that the previous user set the teams playbook to Air Force and did not change it back prior to joining another team/leaving the OD.

psuexv
10-11-2010, 03:53 PM
Its not that they default to the Air Force playbook, its that the previous user set the teams playbook to Air Force and did not change it back prior to joining another team/leaving the OD.

I thought Kingpin did set the playbook back when he switched teams? Plus I didn't think he used the Air Force playbook with Tech.

Kingpin32
10-11-2010, 04:10 PM
I never used the Air Force playbook at Tech. I don't think I ever switched back to it's regular playbook though, but I'm not sure that would've done anything, because when I came to Oregon, I still had the OK State playbook in my philosophies.

gschwendt
10-11-2010, 04:36 PM
I never used the Air Force playbook at Tech. I don't think I ever switched back to it's regular playbook though, but I'm not sure that would've done anything, because when I came to Oregon, I still had the OK State playbook in my philosophies.
You would have had to retire as the TTU coach after setting it to the TTU playbook, then rejoin the OD as the Oregon coach.

Iron Dragon
10-11-2010, 05:04 PM
#5 Texas beats #4 Oklahoma in 51-24 Campbell show

After an early pick-six, I was thinking oh lord, we're in trouble. But then Jaz Reynold's 74 yard TD catch got it tied at 7, we had a chance, or so I thought. We could never get as close as 14-10 again, but we did fight it out 'til the very end. Without two pick-sixes that were dumb moves, this woulda been 37-24 or so, but who knows.

Chris Whaley went down for four weeks and that was the best thing to happen for the Texas offense as Earl Campbell who probably has 95 SPD and high 90's ACC, was unstoppable. He wasn't even touched on his way to 215 yards and 4 TDs. He was way faster for some reason than everyone on the field. He only had to break one tackle. This man seemed unstoppable.

Jermie Calhoun carried the ball 22 times for 173 yards and a TD. Not a bad day for the new Heisman frontrunner.

Jaz Reynolds caught 4 passes for 160 yards and 2 TDs.

Hicks and Carter for Texas had INT returns for TDs.

Great game, glad we got it in early in the week.

psusnoop
10-11-2010, 05:30 PM
Oh yea, forgot to mention the fans around Happy Valley are confused as to why Miami jumped PSU for the #1 spot in both polls.

texacotea
10-11-2010, 06:03 PM
because we beat a quality opponent

psusnoop
10-11-2010, 06:33 PM
because we beat a quality opponent

Guess the pollsters quickly forget PSU with wins over #4 USC at Pasadena, then #2 Texas at Austin. Should be a fun year this year with plenty of room for a shakeup to come on top.

texacotea
10-11-2010, 06:38 PM
difference is those are pac 10 teams and this one was a Quality opponent :)

psuexv
10-11-2010, 08:01 PM

So it does seem that when a user leaves a school it defaults to the AF playbook, if that's what Tech is currently running.

JeffHCross
10-11-2010, 08:16 PM
So it does seem that when a user leaves a school it defaults to the AF playbook, if that's what Tech is currently running.No. It has nothing to do with that.

This is before you were part of the dynasty, but Gridiron Guru was using the Air Force playbook with Oregon. He retired from the dynasty before changing it back to Oregon. At the time, we didn't realize that would be a problem.

Kingpin switched from Texas Tech to Oregon. This is key. He switched ... not retired. As far as the game is concerned, TTU Coach went from Texas Tech to Oregon, and Oregon Coach went from Oregon to TTU. I have no earthly idea why they implemented it this way, but that's what happens. G and I tested this pretty extensively.

No matter what, TTU would have been screwed in this regard. If Guru had left it Oregon, TTU would now have the Oregon playbook. It didn't matter what Kingpin had set ... it was all about what Oregon had.

This is why I tried to get someone on before RC Singer joined to check the Virginia Tech and Texas Tech playbooks. I had a very confident feeling that TTU was going to be set to Air Force. But, because you can't change playbooks in the offseason, we were screwed.

What we need to do is next time someone leaves (or if someone volunteers to do so), we need to make sure playbooks are set properly BEFORE we advance past the bowls.

psuexv
10-11-2010, 08:20 PM
Thanks Jeff. I knew about Oregon being Air Force but man that just doesn't make sense how the game is thinking the Oregon coach is now at Tech. They can make it that smart but they can't fix the zone coverage...lol

JeffHCross
10-11-2010, 08:29 PM
They can make it that smart but they can't fix the zone coverage...lolWell ... zone coverage (and any artificial intelligence) is light years harder to code than a simple swap. Swapping the Oregon and TTU coaches is seriously one line of code ... two, max.

texacotea
10-11-2010, 08:55 PM
Miami beats FSU 45-36

Key stat of the game: FSU 6 turnovers Miami 1.

Waiting on Escobar, Jeff, and RC singer (saw him on earlier)

fsuprime
10-11-2010, 09:07 PM
ej glass dick manuel took himself out of the game in the 1st quarter and then returned only to get injured again, hes benched until further notice.

oh well, at least real football was awesome this week with the noles, spartans and bucs winning and usc and uf losing ;) and LVS is hitting new highs at 38.80!

RcSinger
10-11-2010, 09:25 PM
Another commanding ACC win for the Hokies as they rout the Blue Devils at home.
"Juice" finishes 10-16 for 295 yards, 4 TDs and a 299.8 QB rating
Booth seen serious playing time as did many of the backups today, due to some key injuries to both Clayton and Wilson, and well, the score. The freshman Minor gets 17 touches and 131 yards for a stellar day.
"The Leach" continued his parasitic ways claiming an INT and too many passes broken up to count. All total the Hokies took 4 passes away from Duke today with an outstanding performance from the secondary.
McGlaughlin adds 2 sacks, 7 tackles, and several hurries. Can you believe this guy is just a Freshman?
For as well as the Hokie seccondary plays, they sure do give up some yards, 241 passing yards racked up by Duke tonight. The Blue Devils gave the ball to Virginia Tech 7 Times, unbelievable.

You know the thing about this Hokie Team? They start 7 Freshmen and 3 Sophmores depending on the scheme. Many of the second string are also Freshmen and Sophmores. There are only 12 Seniors on the starting lineup.
Yeah it is pretty amazing how well these young players have come together to play winning football, the question for this team is whether or not they can stay healthy. They have been riddled with injuries all year. None have been too serious, but when your best players are on the sidelines, it's a tall order to continue to compete in this league.

Can you imagine what this team will be in a few years? Ohh insane; especially on defense. I'll say this, the ACC better watch out because "Tech" is coming and there coming hard. Their recruiting class this year will be key, they have several key positions with seniors leaving this year, but as well as these freshmen are playing, 2 years from now, it'll be the Hokie show.

Oneback
10-11-2010, 09:54 PM
Escobar is the only one left and is just now getting out of practice, he said he will play tonight but will probably be finished around midnight. I'll hop on and advance in the morning before work.

JeffHCross
10-11-2010, 09:56 PM
Ohio State - Penn State will now officially become the battle of the backups as Ohio State QB Joe Germaine is injured for the next three weeks.

Senior backup Stanley Jackson, in the first meaningful work of his career, only goes 10-16 for 253 yards and 3 TDs. Wait, did I say only? Jackson's effort included an NCAA record 81 yard touchdown pass ... and then a record breaking 88 yard pass on the next Ohio State play.

Ohio State coach JeffHCross was speechless when asked about Jackson's performance. The coaching staff is considering putting in a special playbook for next week's contest against Penn State. This possibility has been cleared with Coach PSUSnoop.

Escobar is the only one left
We're waiting on Escobar and IronDragon's recruiting.

skipwondah33
10-12-2010, 11:53 AM
Another commanding ACC win for the Hokies as they rout the Blue Devils at home.
"Juice" finishes 10-16 for 295 yards, 4 TDs and a 299.8 QB rating
Booth seen serious playing time as did many of the backups today, due to some key injuries to both Clayton and Minor, and well, the score. The freshman Minor gets 17 touches and 131 yards for a stellar day.
"The Leach" continued his parasitic ways claiming an INT and too many passes broken up to count. All total the Hokies took 4 passes away from Duke today with an outstanding performance from the secondary.
McGlaughlin adds 2 sacks, 7 tackles, and several hurries. Can you believe this guy is just a Freshman?
For as well as the Hokie seccondary plays, they sure do give up some yards, 241 passing yards racked up by Duke tonight. The Blue Devils gave the ball to Virginia Tech 7 Times, unbelievable.

You know the thing about this Hokie Team? They start 7 Freshmen and 3 Sophmores depending on the scheme. Many of the second string are also Freshmen and Sophmores. There are only 12 Seniors on the starting lineup.
Yeah it is pretty amazing how well these young players have come together to play winning football, the question for this team is whether or not they can stay healthy. They have been riddled with injuries all year. None have been too serious, but when your best players are on the sidelines, it's a tall order to continue to compete in this league.

Can you imagine what this team will be in a few years? Ohh insane; especially on defense. I'll say this, the ACC better watch out because "Tech" is coming and there coming hard. Their recruiting class this year will be key, they have several key positions with seniors leaving this year, but as well as these freshmen are playing, 2 years from now, it'll be the Hokie show.

Damn miss seeing McGlaughlin play that. You have this team playing solid regardless of the teams your playing man.

How are Bo Booth and Bill Arnold playing? They and McGlaughlin were brought in to build up the D-line. MLB Ken Williams was going to see some action, along with OLB Deshawn Bryant and CB Kevin Hurd.

psuexv
10-12-2010, 02:04 PM
Damn miss seeing McGlaughlin play that. You have this team playing solid regardless of the teams your playing man.

How are Bo Booth and Bill Arnold playing? They and McGlaughlin were brought in to build up the D-line. MLB Ken Williams was going to see some action, along with OLB Deshawn Bryant and CB Kevin Hurd.

I see Skip jumping back in the next opening!

You getting any sleep?

skipwondah33
10-12-2010, 03:52 PM
You getting any sleep?

None whatsoever lol. Its brutal man, I didn't sleep much before having a child but when I actually want to sleep I can't haha

Oneback
10-12-2010, 04:40 PM
I remember those days. Same reason why we are only having one. Now that my son is almost 5 I don't know that I could go through those sleepless nights anymore.

RcSinger
10-14-2010, 10:01 PM

I will post their stats next time I log on, Probably tomorrow or saturday. I know Hurd returned a fumble for a TD. The only Booth I recall on the team is the backup QB. I don't recognize the other names right off so they must not be making huge impacts, but I'll find out and post the data.

RcSinger
10-14-2010, 10:03 PM
I remember those days. Same reason why we are only having one. Now that my son is almost 5 I don't know that I could go through those sleepless nights anymore.

HEHE..... I have 5..... I plan on starting my own multi-aged basketball team one day. 11 yr girl, 9 yr boy, 4 yr boy, and 3yr old twin girls. Life is an adventure, even when I don't leave home.

fsuprime
10-14-2010, 10:05 PM
if your bored we can play now rc

RcSinger
10-14-2010, 10:07 PM
if your bored we can play now rc

I don't have time tonight, We are about to go to bed.. I have to be up by no later than 5am to get to work on time. I wish we could, it's been a couple of days since I have played and I am for some reason looking forward to the "scalping" I expect to recieve from the Seminoles.

fsuprime
10-14-2010, 10:10 PM
just checking, im always looking to get things moving too so dont feel bad lol, we will get it done soon.

RcSinger
10-14-2010, 10:13 PM
Tomorrow night might be good if we don't go to haunted houses, even if we do, if you stay up late, we might could get it in. Saturday night, after the Bama game might be good, and if all else fails, we will look to get it in sunday. The game takes about an hour, so I will miss that much of the race and my wife can watch it in the bedroom while we play if we don't get it in b4 sunday.

JeffHCross
10-14-2010, 10:18 PM
HEHE..... I have 5..... I plan on starting my own multi-aged basketball team one day. 11 yr girl, 9 yr boy, 4 yr boy, and 3yr old twin girls. Life is an adventure, even when I don't leave home.
Singer ... wow.

Wow.

Papa LoneStar
10-15-2010, 09:02 AM
Wow, indeed! In HS....I used to want 4....2 is definitely my max and I will be satisfied with the one I have....lol

Oneback
10-15-2010, 10:45 AM
I've got one, that's enough for me. Daycare at $200 a week and eventual college costs are not cheap.

psusnoop
10-15-2010, 11:02 AM
I've got one, that's enough for me. Daycare at $200 a week and eventual college costs are not cheap.

I have two (4 boy and 2 girl) , always thought I wanted 3 but 5 WOW. Big props to you and the Mrs.....

RcSinger
10-15-2010, 06:05 PM
Well, after the last one turned out to be a litter, We decided to get cable......

Then I had 'er spade.

RcSinger
10-15-2010, 09:08 PM

Bo Booth - Sophmore - 46 total Tackles, 29 solo, 17 TFL, 4 sacks, 2 Deflections, 1 fumble recovery
Bill Arnold - Freshman - 20 total tackles, 16 solo, 1 TFL, 1 Sack, 1 fumble recovery for 42 yards and a TD
Ken Williams - Freshman - 21 Total Tackles, 18 solo, 1 TFL
Deshawn Bryant - Freshman - 17 Total, 15 Solo, 3 TFL, 2 Sacks
Kevin Hurd - Freshman - 20 Total Tackles, 14 solo, 2 TFL, 2 Sacks, 1 Deflection, 1 Forced Fumble, 2 Fumble Recoveries for 15 yards and a TD.
Ken Williams - Freshman - 21 Total Tackles, 18 solo, 1 TFL,

Freshman Starters:
Tyson McGaughlin (DE) 32 total tackles, 25 solo, 16 TFL, 9 sacks, 2 fumble recovery for 3 yards
Bill Arnold (DT) Stats above
Jamar Leach (CB) 22 total tackles, 16 solo, 1 TFL, 7 Int's for 19 yards, 23 yard long, 9 pass deflections,
Kenneth Davis (FS) 20 Total Tackles, 13 solo, 1 Int for 29 yards, , 2 deflections, 1 Forced Fumble, 1 fumble recovery for 2 yards,
Marcus Pope (PK, KO, P) 5 for 6 FG, 35 of 35 XP... 22 Punts for 914 yards, 41.5 yards a punt. 8 Touchbacks, longest punt 50 yards.

Bo Booth is actually 5th string right now at DT, His position is LE but he did not get placed there in the Depth Chart
Deshawn Bryant is 3rd String LB, but sees the field often in 3-4 and other 4 LB sets and the special teams.
Kevin Hurd is 2nd String CB and starting on special teams.
Ken Williams is 2nd String MLB so he sees the field on 3-4 and other 4 LB sets and starts on Special Teams

"Juice" Clayton is currently 9th in the nation in passing yardage
Wilson is 4th in rushing yardage
Boyce is 22nd in recieving yardage
Dew is 8th in solo tackles
McGlaughlin is 1st in Sacks
Tucker is 5th in sacks
"The Leach" is 1st in INT's

As a Team, VT has lead the nation in Offense at times this year, they are currently (week 7) 4th in total yards; 3591 and rank in the top 5 in most offensive categories.
DEfensively, VT has allowed 1638 passing yards, 630 rushing yards, and allowed 169 points (52 of which came last game).
VT leads the nation in Sacks at 27 and Interceptions at 12

Depending on progression, this will be a tough team after a couple good recruiting years. Just right now, got to take the good with the bad.

Kingpin32
10-16-2010, 10:29 PM
I have two (4 boy and 2 girl) , always thought I wanted 3 but 5 WOW. Big props to you and the Mrs.....

That adds up to 6 unless I'm missing something lol.

JeffHCross
10-16-2010, 10:36 PM
That adds up to 6 unless I'm missing something lol.The boy is 4 and the girl is 2.

Kingpin32
10-16-2010, 10:48 PM
Ohh I feel dumb

JeffHCross
10-16-2010, 10:53 PM
Blame the way he wrote it, not yourself ;) If I hadn't know that information already, I would have been equally confused by the post.

skipwondah33
10-18-2010, 02:10 PM
Wow, indeed! In HS....I used to want 4....2 is definitely my max and I will be satisfied with the one I have....lol

lol I use to want to 5, preferably boys so I could bring a team to the basketball courts on Sunday haha

......that thinking has drastically changed lol

Thanks for the update RC, good luck with your team man

psusnoop
10-18-2010, 05:16 PM
lol I use to want to 5, preferably boys so I could bring a team to the basketball courts on Sunday haha

......that thinking has drastically changed lol
Thanks for the update RC, good luck with your team man

I heard that.....I have the oldest at the neighbors house for supper and to play and with just one right now it is so peaceful, so quiet....