PDA

View Full Version : Week 4, 2012

Oneback
10-09-2010, 03:35 PM
=============== #5 Oklahoma Sooners (3-0) ===============
Last week, Oklahoma won 42-31 against Texas Tech (2-1).
This week, the Sooners are idle.

=============== #23 Clemson Tigers (2-1) ===============
Last week, Clemson won 58-10 against Maryland (1-1).
This week, the Tigers travel to Chestnut Hill to face the Boston College Eagles (0-2).
In recruiting news, the following Clemson targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) CB Mike Shaw has committed to West Virginia

=============== #7 Florida State Seminoles (3-0) ===============
Last week, Florida State won 66-14 against Boston College (0-2).
This week, the Seminoles will host West Virginia (2-0).

=============== #2 Miami Hurricanes (3-0) ===============
Last week, Miami won 50-6 against Kansas State (1-2).
This week, the Hurricanes travel to Madison to face the #4 Wisconsin Badgers (3-0).

=============== #8 Michigan Wolverines (3-0) ===============
Last week, Michigan won 35-30 against USC (0-2).
This week, the Wolverines will host Notre Dame (2-0).

=============== #11 Ohio State Buckeyes (2-1) ===============
Last week, Ohio State lost 31-30 against Texas (2-1).
This week, the Buckeyes travel to Columbia to face the #19 Missouri Tigers (2-0).
In recruiting news, the following Ohio State targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) CB Mike Shaw has committed to West Virginia

=============== #1 Penn State Nittany Lions (2-0) ===============
Last week the Nittany Lions were idle.
This week, the Nittany Lions will host Oregon (3-0).

=============== Oregon Ducks (3-0) ===============
Last week, Oregon won 41-16 against Oklahoma State (2-1).
This week, the Ducks travel to University Park to face the #1 Penn State Nittany Lions (2-0).
In recruiting news, the following Oregon targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) QB Eric Cummings has committed to Oregon

=============== #15 USC Trojans (0-2) ===============
Last week, USC lost 35-30 against Michigan (3-0).
This week, the Trojans will host Texas A&M (3-0).
In recruiting news, the following USC targets have announced their decisions:
- (*****) QB Greg Stover has committed to USC
- (****) QB Eric Cummings has committed to Oregon

=============== #12 Virginia Tech Hokies (3-0) ===============
Last week, Virginia Tech won 48-38 against Georgia Tech (1-1).
This week, the Hokies will host ECU (0-2).
In recruiting news, the following Virginia Tech targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) WR Tyler Terrell has committed to Virginia Tech

=============== #6 Texas Longhorns (2-1) ===============
Last week, Texas won 31-30 against Ohio State (2-1).
This week, the Longhorns travel to Stillwater to face the Oklahoma State Cowboys (2-1).
In recruiting news, the following Texas targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) LG Ralph Campbell has committed to Texas

=============== #4 Wisconsin Badgers (3-0) ===============
Last week, Wisconsin won 43-14 against Oregon State (1-2).
This week, the Badgers will host #2 Miami (3-0).

JeffHCross
10-09-2010, 03:38 PM
- (****) CB Mike Shaw has committed to West VirginiaI expected this. What a total pwnage by the CPU. Lost a player to my own favorite strategy. They somehow moved into 1st last week without ever offering him.

Kingpin32
10-09-2010, 03:41 PM
Hey Snoop if you're online now, we can play if you're free.

Iron Dragon
10-09-2010, 03:41 PM
We'll enjoy the BYE week as Jermie Calhoun will get some time to recover after a 6 TD performance last week.

psusnoop
10-09-2010, 04:25 PM
Hey Snoop if you're online now, we can play if you're free.

I'll battle if your up to it.

hey change of plans, I'm not going to be able to. I guess we are going across the street for a cookout.

Will you be around later tonight?

Text me I'll PM u the number

Kingpin32
10-09-2010, 04:31 PM
I'll battle if your up to it.

hey change of plans, I'm not going to be able to. I guess we are going across the street for a cookout.

Will you be around later tonight?

Text me I'll PM u the number

I'm also about to leave too. Give me a time and I'll shoot for it, if not tomorrow afternoon works for me.

psusnoop
10-09-2010, 04:35 PM
How about 10pm est? Or it can be later as well.

Kingpin32
10-09-2010, 04:39 PM
How about 10pm est? Or it can be later as well.

That could work. If not I'll text you.

gschwendt
10-09-2010, 04:41 PM
Tex, when do you want to play? I'm available tomorrow any time or should be available Monday evening.

Papa LoneStar
10-09-2010, 05:34 PM
The #6 Longhorns dominate Oklahoma State in Stillwater to open up the Pac-10 schedule.
Longhorn offense: 333 rushing yards, 5-5 TD in redzone, 5-7 3rd down conversions
QB Garrett Gilbert, Sr: 9-14 182 yards 1 TD 0 INT
RB Chris Whaley, Sr: 18 car 149 yards 3 TD
RB Earl Campbell II, Fr: 16 car 136 yards 3 TD
RB Bryson Hopkins, Fr: 10 car 65 yards
TE Colton Hall, Fr: 4 rec 53 yards
WR Marquise Goodwin, Sr: 1 rec 76 yards 1 TD
Longhorn defense: 133 offensive yards allowed, 3 turnovers, 5 first downs allowed, 2-12 3rd down
DE Alex Okafor, Sr: 7 tackles (4 solo, 4 TFL), 1 sack
OLB Caleb Sanders, So: 7 solo tackles, 1 pass deflection
OLB Tevin Jackson, So: 5 tackles, 1 forced fumble
CB Carrington Byndom, Jr: 3 solo tackles, 1 forced fumble
Next up: The Red River Shootout vs Oklahoma in the Cotton Bowl in Dallas....2:30pm on ABC or ESPN (check your local listing)....the Longhorns will be shooting for 6 wins in the last 7 years against the Sooners....the Longhorns are rumored to be having 12 recruits taking visits....including 8 [5star] prospects....:-O

Oneback
10-09-2010, 09:30 PM
Michigan blanks the Irish 31-0.

The Wolverine offense had by far the worst passing performance of Coach Oneback tenure going 5-17 for 88 yards, the running backs picked up the slack by running for 241 yards and three touchdowns on 40 carries. The Wolverine defense flexed its muscle by limiting the Irish to 114 yards on offense and tallying another two sacks, each by freshman DT Jesse Williams.

Offense:
QB Tate Forcier - 5/17 88 yds 1 td 1 int
HB Nick Cleveland - 27 att 178 yards 1 td
HB Michael Cox - 12 att 56 yards 2 td

Defense:
DT Jessee Williams - 5 tks, 3 tfl, 2 saks
RE Chris Haynes - 3 tackles
LE Derrick Burgess - 5 tackles, 3 tfl

texacotea
10-09-2010, 09:30 PM
G tom will be fine ill text you

psuexv
10-09-2010, 10:01 PM
USC claims 1st victory of the year with a 34-10 stomping of Texas A&M. With 15 recruits visiting this weekend the Trojans didn't disappoint going up 14-0 in the first quarter on an 58 yard option run by QB Walker and an 80 yard run by RB Baxter. From there out the Trojan defense controlled the Aggies no huddle and the offense moved the ball ran time off the clock and put points on the board.

Walker 14 for 32 for 228 yards 1 TD 1 Int - 1 rushing TD
Baxter 6 carries 121 yards 1 TD
Prater 6 catches 108 1TD

Defense - 5 sacks 1 INT 1 fumble recovery

JeffHCross
10-09-2010, 10:12 PM
Boooooo ... you'll probably get that one recruit now.

JeffHCross
10-09-2010, 11:25 PM
Ohio State steamrolls Missouri in Columbia, 45-7.

After a one week absence, the Ohio State running game was the thrust of tonight's contest. Pepe Pearson led the way with 138 yards and 3 TDs.

RcSinger
10-10-2010, 12:54 AM
Well we all knew this would be more of a scrimmage than a game but it got off to a shaky start as each team basically just volleyed punts back and forth for a while. Hurd comes up with a special teams Touchdown on a ECU fumble on a punt return. That play seemed to spark the entire Hokie team as they began chewing up yards. After a couple of Hokie field goals, Wilson puts the ball in the end zone to make the game 20-0 in the second. Minor gets a couple scores in the game padding his stats a little. Early in the fourth, ECU gets their first points of the game but they miss the extra point; as if it mattered at this point, with VT up 34-6. The third string back even got a chance to put a up a TD in the game.
The man who has affectionately become known around blacksburg as "Juice" (Ju Ju Clayton) had some rather humble numbers today going only 10 of 17 and no scores, but no interceptions either. Our sideline reporter caught up with him after the game and he had this to say.
"What do you think about the name "Juice""?
"It's ok I guess, I haven't really thought about it much"
"What does it mean to you that the fans have given you a nickname and call you the leader of this team"?
"Well, I don't know, I don't really care what they call me as long as we keep winning. I think they just don't like my name so they found something else to call me".
"As far as the leader, I just like to go out and play good for my team, I think Wilson is like 6th or 7th in the nation in running so, maybe he should be the leader".
"How does today prepare you for the rest of the schedule as you have some tough games ahead with Florida State and Miami"?
"We just gotta go out and execute, I mean, this game, we didn't play like we should have, like we could have, but we are a team and we work together to win games".

Check that, Wilson is currently 2nd in the NCAA in rushing, but for what it's worth, Clayton, or "Juice" as he has come to be called is currently 11th in passing but there are still several games left this week that will likely knock him back a few spots on the list.

The offense did have rather modest numbers today as far as individual efforts go.

Well maybe so, but 246 rushing yards and 4 TD's is hardly modest if you ask me.

Defensively, they held ECU to 173 yards of total offense. Tyson McLaughlin has a huge day with 5 sacks and Jamar Leach with 5 solo tackles and 2 picks. He now leads the nation in interceptions.

Maybe there's room for a nickname there, Leach is like a Leach, clinging on to footballs thrown in his vicinity.

Here's a word from the coach

"How do you feel about the way your team played tonight coach"?
"Well you know, we didn't do everything like we should have; had a couple mental errors but the team played well and put this one away pretty early. I don't want to take anything away from ECU, they played us hard and we had to work for the game. I'm proud of my team and what they have accomplished this far, especially the young guys."
"Are you trying to create an identity of being a team who passes from the Wildcat"?
"Well I wouldn't say that, We have some good backs and that scheme seems to work well for us at different times in the game, we just pride ourslves in being creative on offense and creating situations where we can make the most out of what we have to work with. We have several guys with speed that have pretty good throwing arms and this formation allows us to keep defenses off balance and give us opportunities to do pretty much anything from any formation"

I think he was being a little generous about ECU's performance but hey, maybe he's just a generous guy.

skipwondah33
10-10-2010, 01:15 AM
Nice to see Leach playing well as a true freshman, knew he would be an impact player. Think I redshirted McLaughlin last year

RcSinger
10-10-2010, 09:37 AM
Nice to see Leach playing well as a true freshman, knew he would be an impact player. Think I redshirted McLaughlin last year

Several of the freshmen are playing really well thusfar. The team is not incredibly strong and we haven't faces any real tough teams. In about 2 seasons, the defense is going to be a monster. The offense will be good/better but there are a lot of injuries. None have been season ending but they end up having to sit the sidelines a lot. The backups are pretty good so it hasn't hurt too bad (except against GA Tech) but against the tougher teams, that might be a factor this year.

Oneback
10-10-2010, 10:20 AM
At least in your conference everyone else is in about the same boat. Miami just lost a lot, FSU is about to loose half their roster and Clemson is building. Things will be really interesting here in two seasons in the ACC.

skipwondah33
10-10-2010, 11:15 AM
Several of the freshmen are playing really well thusfar. The team is not incredibly strong and we haven't faces any real tough teams. In about 2 seasons, the defense is going to be a monster. The offense will be good/better but there are a lot of injuries. None have been season ending but they end up having to sit the sidelines a lot. The backups are pretty good so it hasn't hurt too bad (except against GA Tech) but against the tougher teams, that might be a factor this year.

Well unfortunately alot of the talent left early as I was out of the dynasty at the players leaving stage. 2 notable players were MLB Lyndell Gibson who was the nation's best LB 2 years in row winning the Nagurski, Butkis and Best LB awards who would have been a senior. QB Logan Thomas a 6-6, 230 lb would be junior with 89 speed and 92 throwing power. Some WR's left as well.

The D-line should be pretty tough in another year, didn't have time to sure up the secondary or WR corp. The backfield should be solid though. Good job though man, there wasn't alot of talent on that team.

Oneback
10-10-2010, 11:48 AM
GoBlue.com is reporting Coach Oneback told senior quarterback Tate Forcier after the Notre Dame game that Devin Gardner will take all the snaps next week during the bye week. Rumors are that Coach Oneback is unhappy with the production of the offense and he has been looking for ways to get Gardner's talents involved in the offense. Despite being 4-0 with three wins over ranked teams and a match-up against #4 Wisconsin in two weeks Michigan would like to groom Gardner for next season and Forcier's struggles this season have forced the issue.

texacotea
10-10-2010, 02:54 PM
Miami takes Wisconsin down in camp randell

RcSinger
10-10-2010, 03:30 PM
Well unfortunately alot of the talent left early as I was out of the dynasty at the players leaving stage. 2 notable players were MLB Lyndell Gibson who was the nation's best LB 2 years in row winning the Nagurski, Butkis and Best LB awards who would have been a senior. QB Logan Thomas a 6-6, 230 lb would be junior with 89 speed and 92 throwing power. Some WR's left as well.

The D-line should be pretty tough in another year, didn't have time to sure up the secondary or WR corp. The backfield should be solid though. Good job though man, there wasn't alot of talent on that team.

Yeah, but to be fair, aside from Georgia Tech, the toughest team I have had to play is Pitt. I don't look for these kinds of numbers to continue against the likes of FSU and THE U with user controlled opponents.

psusnoop
10-10-2010, 06:14 PM
Oregon at Penn State is set to kickoff at the end of the Cowboys game.

Oneback
10-10-2010, 06:17 PM
Escobar is kicking off after the Cowboys game as well.

Kingpin32
10-10-2010, 06:27 PM
Hopefully the game doesn't go into overtime.

JeffHCross
10-10-2010, 06:36 PM
This league revolves around the Cowboys. It makes sense, but still ... I'm amused that we revolve around that team as opposed to games on Saturday.

Oneback
10-10-2010, 06:43 PM
There are a lot of people in the League that live in the Metroplex or in Texas. With the college game there are too many differnt favorite teams. I think the only team that has more than one fan is Texas.

JeffHCross
10-10-2010, 07:01 PM
There are a lot of people in the League that live in the Metroplex or in Texas. With the college game there are too many differnt favorite teams. I think the only team that has more than one fan is Texas.I guess that's what happens when you live in a state with an actual decent NFL team. Unlike Ohio ... or North Carolina.

psuexv
10-10-2010, 07:29 PM
I think the only team that has more than one fan is Texas.

Two for Penn State - of course I don't know if you can call them a football team right now.

Oneback
10-10-2010, 07:32 PM
Two for Penn State - of course I don't know if you can call them a football team right now.

My bad, I don't know how I could forget the two PSU's.

Oneback
10-10-2010, 07:33 PM
I guess that's what happens when you live in a state with an actual decent NFL team. Unlike Ohio ... or North Carolina.

I don't know that you'd call a 1-3 team decent.

JeffHCross
10-10-2010, 07:37 PM
I don't know that you'd call a 1-3 team decent.Well ... historically.

As in ... other than a couple years here and there, neither Ohio nor North Carolina has enjoyed relative success in my lifetime.

JeffHCross
10-10-2010, 07:38 PM
My bad, I don't know how I could forget the two PSU's.It's easy to forget about Penn State ;)

Oneback
10-10-2010, 07:50 PM
Well ... historically.

As in ... other than a couple years here and there, neither Ohio nor North Carolina has enjoyed relative success in my lifetime.

I'll give you historically...however if something doesn't change soon will be the day that there will be high school graduates that weren't alive the last time the Cowboys won the Super Bowl.

Seeing as though the Cowboys have only won one playoff game since 1996 and are 1-3 this season those 5 Super Bowls seem like a very distant memory.

JeffHCross
10-10-2010, 07:55 PM
I'll give you historically...however if something doesn't change soon will be the day that there will be high school graduates that weren't alive the last time the Cowboys won the Super Bowl.Between the Browns and Bengals, anybody who has their learner's permit has never seen them win a playoff game, and only seen them play in 3.

JeffHCross
10-10-2010, 07:58 PM
GoBlue.commGoBlue is the website of the Wolverines. Or mGoBlog, which is one of the better blogs.

gschwendt
10-10-2010, 08:40 PM
mGoBlue is the website of the Wolverines. Or mGoBlog, which is one of the better blogs.
Actually it looks like Oneback bought GoBlue.com and is redirecting the site back to that post currently...

Oneback
10-10-2010, 08:45 PM
Actually it looks like Oneback bought GoBlue.com and is redirecting the site back to that post currently...

Site was just taken down by the Michigan Athletic dept.

psuexv
10-10-2010, 08:46 PM
It's easy to forget about Penn State ;)

Talk about kicking them when they're down

psuexv
10-10-2010, 08:46 PM
I thought PSU vs Oregon was kicking off after the Cowboys game?

JeffHCross
10-10-2010, 08:47 PM
Talk about kicking them when they're downWhen it comes to Michigan and Penn State, I'm an equal opportunity kicker. I'll kick them at all times.

psuexv
10-10-2010, 09:01 PM
When it comes to Michigan and Penn State, I'm an equal opportunity kicker. I'll kick them at all times.

Can't say I disagree, obviously replacing PSU for OSU, oh and adding Notre Dame

Kingpin32
10-10-2010, 09:31 PM

We experienced some technical difficulties, but we're playing now

Oneback
10-10-2010, 09:31 PM

They had some connection difficulties, from the last update I got it is working now but PSU probably wishes it wasn't as he was down 14-0 after only running one play on offense.

Kingpin32
10-10-2010, 10:03 PM
We're all done. PSU overcame their early turnovers to win the game 42-28.

psuexv
10-10-2010, 10:15 PM
Boooooo ... you'll probably get that one recruit now.

Can you believe Michigan jumped us both and got the soft on OLB Willis? I even got an A+visit grade

RcSinger
10-10-2010, 10:22 PM
You guys may already have something like this, or just use the game, but I have a spreadsheet with my entire roster on it and the specific positional ratings pertainant to each position. There is also a place to put your targeted prospects and/or commits under each category. It helps with determining position changes and target needs. It also helps with Formation audibles when you have a good coverage LB that has a lower OVR, you can sub him into passing defenses and such. It's real helpful in determining prospects to go after that you don't necessarily need, but you want to recuit positional strength, such as a fast QB or a hard hitting saftey. I can share if anyone is interested.

JeffHCross
10-10-2010, 10:30 PM
Can you believe Michigan jumped us both and got the soft on OLB Willis? I even got an A+visit gradeHell no I can't believe it. I had a 100 point lead on you, and now I'm down 180, and he's soft.

My only hope is to beat Penn State next week ... sadly, that's true for nearly half of my board. I'm probably going to lose at least two guys to WVU this week unless they lose to the 'Cuse.