PDA

View Full Version : Amazing game

AustinWolv
10-07-2010, 10:35 AM
Just had to share this.

Playing my personal OD last night, I use Heisman 8min quarters, Megatron's sliders or thereabouts IIRC.

I'm using Michigan, and in the current season I had 1 loss (due to screwing around with sliders during the season) but was ranked #4 in the country going into the OSU game, who was ranked #6.

This game played out amazing. One of the best I've ever played in NCAA series.

My starting RB was having a monster season, but OSU's D stepped up big time to shut down my spread attack on the ground and in the air.....for the first half. They held a 7-6 lead going into halftime, as their QB wasn't lighting it up but their RB is a serious stud Heisman candidate.

They then scored early in the 3rd to go up 14-6. Both sides were forcing punts, but I ended up getting a FG to make it 14-9 at the end of the 3rd. OSU was totally dialed in on my offense, shutting down the passing game and jumping the run game. They had numerous sacks. I'd get a decent run now and then, but they would make key stops at good times to kill drives, plus my team had 6 penalties over the course of the game that slowed up the offense also.
My backup QB had started the game due to the starter being injured, but he was struggling with accuracy. I subbed in the starter (he was listed as probable) and went with his higher accuracy. It only slightly paid off as he is a better runner and was a bit more accurate but he too was missing throws badly. 3 INTs as well from being so off-target, it was his worst game of the season. So despite out-gaining OSU considerably, the sacks, INTs, and penalties meant they were very much in control most of the game.

Had to change something up, so I went to more power stuff out of the shotgun, as well as mixing in some under-center stuff.
Even then, OSU defense was playing tough, but when the clock really started to be worrisome, I broke a 80yard TD run by the star RB on a 3rd and 1 dive up the middle. I was caught by surprise by it so much that I almost stayed on the 'cover-up/lower shoulder' forward stick too long. Ended up going for 2 to go up 17-14.

However, OSU marched down with their star RB who was breaking tackles all game for a 14 yard TD run. He was a beast at key times and put up 134 yards on 20 carries on my D. I'm down 21-17 now. OSU's RB had scored all 3 of their TDs.

With about 2:30 on the game clock, I got the ball back but the drive was very tough. Had to convert at least a couple 3rd downs, but worked it down the field and got to 1st and goal from the 2 yard line with about a minute to go. First run stuffed. Second run off-tackle stretched out and dropped for a short loss. Third run dropped over the guard to get that yard back. All 3 runs by my backup RB who came in to spell my starter. 4th and goal with 11 seconds on a running clock. Passing game has been suspect, in that my slightly injured QB has been woefully inaccurate all game. Decided to go with what was working on the ground and ran an option to the field side. OSU plays it pretty well to really stretch it out, but my starting RB is back in and he takes the pitch in for a TD, after getting hit at the 1 yard line.

He literally went in with no time on the clock (the Hero achievement unlocked, lol), so UM scores a 24-21 victory.

steelerfan
10-07-2010, 12:02 PM
Wow, thanks for sharing that. It's really cool when you have a game or a play that really has the "Wow" factor. I've been an NCAA guy since the Bill Walsh days and it's still really awesome when a game gives me that feeling.

I was lucky enough to experience that feeling earlier this week in a TGT OD game. The game itself was awful (I beat Northwestern, 55-10) but there was one play I won't soon forget. Trailing 28-10 with 7 seconds left in the first half, Northwestern uses their last timeout and lines up for a 59-yard FG. I (by luck since I was kinda going through the motions) lined up in FG Return. The kick was just short and Chaz Powell caught it in the back of the end zone. I made 2 rediculous spin moves as I made my way through the oncoming Northwestern tacklers. 109 yards later, I took a 35-10 lead into the locker room.

In all the years I've played this game, I'd only returned 2 or 3 missed FGs and had never taken one for 6. I don't remember having a 109 yard TD either. Awesome.

AustinWolv
10-07-2010, 02:48 PM
That is the type of play you definitely make a highlight video.

I was just thrilled on how well the game played. The CPU was just playing. It felt like a hard-fought game, not a game going cheap on you in order to battle.

steelerfan
10-07-2010, 04:37 PM
Yeah, I have the video. But, sadly it just shows the last 50 or so yards of sprinting to the end zone (PS3).

ram29jackson
10-10-2010, 11:05 PM
can someone please post the megatron sliders you were referring to ? haha I cant get on OS

AustinWolv
10-11-2010, 11:36 AM
Here you go:

House Rules:
1. Use GT: Romancaesar rosters.
2. No run commit.
3. Use aggressive defensive line play.
4. Call FG Return when the CPU goes for extra long FGs.
5. No User Catching
6. On defense, play as the DT, and do not switch. No exceptions.

Gameplay Options
Skill: Heisman
Recruiting: Heisman
Quarter Length: 8 minutes
Game Speed: Normal
Speed Threshold: 45

Penalties
Offsides: 85
False Start: 85
Holding: 55
Facemask: 55
Offensive Pass Interference: 55
Defensive Pass Interference: 55
KR/PR Interference: 85
Clipping: 55
Intentional Grounding: 75
Roughing the Passer: 60
Roughing the Kicker: 60

User Sliders
QB Accuracy: 10
Pass Blocking: 50
WR Catching: 55
RB Ability: 50
Run Blocking: 45
Pass Coverage: 55
Pass Rush: 50
Interceptions: 40
Rush Defense: 40
Tackling: 50
FG Power: 25
FG Accuracy: 15
Punt Power: 40
Punt Accuracy: 10
Kickoff Power: 25

CPU Sliders
QB Accuracy: 10
Pass Blocking: 50
WR Catching: 50
RB Ability: 50
Run Blocking: 60
Pass Coverage: 50
Pass Rush: 60
Interceptions: 35
Rush Defense: 50
Tackling: 50
FG Power: 25
FG Accuracy: 50
Punt Power: 50
Punt Accuracy: 100
Kickoff Power: 40

Notes:
User pass coverage is set at 55 so that playing Zone can be effective. It also helps cut down on the CPU completion percentage and limits RoboQB as much as possible without neutering the offense.

Both the CPU and User rushing games are solid. And both CPU and User passing games are solid. You will still see WR drops, broken tackles, sacks, and pass deflections. I feel the offense is a little more open, but good defenses can still shut you down. You can put up some big numbers passing and running the football against lousy teams, but teams with good defense can and will put the clamps on you.

I don't use the DT or NT. I use the FS, always have. I have never used user-catch, so no difference there for me.

JeffHCross
10-11-2010, 08:41 PM
Having a house rule of forcing the DT is mind boggling at best. I use the DT, so it'd be fine for me ... but that rule might as well be "let the CPU play defense for you".

AustinWolv
10-11-2010, 10:06 PM
I can see the house rule of don't switch players, but picking one and staying with him seems fine to me; not sure why it wouldn't be or why it would matter which one you picked.

ram29jackson
10-12-2010, 04:44 AM
thank you