PDA

View Full Version : Roy Halladay - Playoff no-hitter!

ram29jackson
10-06-2010, 07:46 PM
Yep, I'm not thaaat big a baseball fan but its still an American staple Sport and I believe thats only the second time in history that has happened !! Simply amazing!

That being said, I'm still kind for the Braves haha- you all know about my indian name/s fetish:P

JeffHCross
10-06-2010, 08:16 PM
Meh.

JeffHCross
10-06-2010, 08:47 PM
http://images.picturesdepot.com/photo/c/cincinnati_reds_fail-22114.jpeg

ram29jackson
10-06-2010, 08:52 PM
oh...? its because you might actually like the Reds ?

JeffHCross
10-06-2010, 10:03 PM
:nod: :rolleyes: :( :smh: :sick:

ram29jackson
10-06-2010, 10:33 PM
hah I thought the -meh- was for baseball in general

steelerfan
10-07-2010, 12:59 AM
I was at the local drinking establishment all afternoon. In fact, I just got home. I no clue Halladay had a no-no going until the final out. I think it was JB's fault for losing to LSU and destroying my BCS leverage. Now, I gotta win the Big 10. Grrr.

steelerfan
10-07-2010, 01:00 AM
http://images.picturesdepot.com/photo/c/cincinnati_reds_fail-22114.jpeg

Anyone who crosses out Griffey, Jr. should be shot on sight.

Sigh.....if I were king....

JBHuskers
10-07-2010, 08:21 AM
I was at the local drinking establishment all afternoon. In fact, I just got home. I no clue Halladay had a no-no going until the final out. I think it was JB's fault for losing to LSU and destroying my BCS leverage. Now, I gotta win the Big 10. Grrr.

:D

Halladay was just filthy last night. This weekend I think I'm going to fire up MLB.TV on the PS3 and watch that game...didn't get to see any of it last night.

JeffHCross
10-07-2010, 08:46 PM
Anyone who crosses out Griffey, Jr. should be shot on sight.I agree, and I have no earthly idea why you would cross out Josh ... unless that poster was made the season they all left or something.

It was just the only image that Google could find that combined Reds and Fail.

steelerfan
10-07-2010, 08:53 PM

That's a bit surprising, lol.

JeffHCross
10-07-2010, 09:05 PM
That's a bit surprising, lol.Yeah ...

So, how bout those Pirates?

steelerfan
10-07-2010, 10:52 PM
Yeah ...

So, how bout those Pirates?

Actually, I'm an Astros fan. That's when I actually give a rat's ass about MLB. The Astros are terrible too. Meh, it's just baseball.

Rudy
10-08-2010, 05:29 AM
It's really nice to see Halladay get a chance to pitch in the playoffs. The super cheap Jays were only interested in making money and don't have a real interest in becoming a contender. They just whine about the Boston and Yankee payrolls and ignore the fact that when the Blue Jays won the World Series in the early 90s THEY had the highest payroll in baseball at $50 million. 17 years later they whine about a $75 to $80 million dollar payroll despite being the 5th biggest city in North America and a great Canadian dollar exchange rate (almost on par with US when it was closer to 1.50 back then meaning their payroll hasn't really gone up in almost 20 years).

Violator
10-08-2010, 09:49 PM
I agree, and I have no earthly idea why you would cross out Josh ... unless that poster was made the season they all left or something.

the reason they are all crossed out is because the Reds traded them all away, thus the Reds failed.
I hate the Reds and am a die hard Cards fan. But until this season I never gave 2 shits about the Reds. Then Brandon Phillips opened his ghetto mouth and Johnny Cueto turned into a bitch with kicking people and ending a players career. Yeah I was so happy for Roy and even more happy tonite to watch Jay Bruce FULL ON MISS catching a fly ball and then Phillips dropping the ball.

JeffHCross
10-08-2010, 11:12 PM
the reason they are all crossed out is because the Reds traded them all away, thus the Reds failed. Most in Cincinnati, for whatever reason, were glad to get rid of Griffey. Dunn had worn out his welcome with his lack of clutch hitting as well. I do not understand why the Reds got rid of Josh though ... made no sense at the time, and makes about as much sense now.

And yes, the Reds are looking like idiots. First they make history by being only the second team no hit in the playoffs, and the first in over 50 years. Then they manage to be the only team to ever have 3 HBP and 4 errors in a game. Oy vey.