PDA

View Full Version : Week 3, 2012

Oneback
10-05-2010, 06:48 PM
=============== #5 Oklahoma Sooners (2-0) ===============
Last week, Oklahoma won 35-14 against Kansas (1-1).
This week, the Sooners will host Texas Tech (2-0).

=============== #25 Clemson Tigers (1-1) ===============
Last week, Clemson lost 37-14 against Michigan (2-0).
This week, the Tigers will host Maryland (1-0).

=============== #7 Florida State Seminoles (2-0) ===============
Last week, Florida State won 45-7 against USF (0-1).
This week, the Seminoles will host Boston College (0-1).

=============== #2 Miami Hurricanes (2-0) ===============
Last week, Miami won 31-28 against Boston College (0-1).
This week, the Hurricanes will host Kansas State (1-1).

=============== #9 Michigan Wolverines (2-0) ===============
Last week, Michigan won 37-14 against Clemson (1-1).
This week, the Wolverines travel to Los Angeles to face the #11 USC Trojans (0-1).

=============== #6 Ohio State Buckeyes (2-0) ===============
Last week, Ohio State won 33-7 against Arizona (0-1).
This week, the Buckeyes will host #8 Texas (1-1).
In recruiting news, the following Ohio State targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) MLB Brian Nelson has committed to Ohio State

=============== #1 Penn State Nittany Lions (2-0) ===============
Last week, Penn State won 37-31 against Texas (1-1).
This week, the Nittany Lions are idle.

=============== Oregon Ducks (2-0) ===============
Last week, Oregon won 38-24 against Washington State (1-1).
This week, the Ducks will host Oklahoma State (2-0).

=============== #11 USC Trojans (0-1) ===============
Last week the Trojans were idle.
This week, the Trojans will host #9 Michigan (2-0).

=============== #13 Virginia Tech Hokies (2-0) ===============
Last week, Virginia Tech won 35-14 against Pittsburgh (0-1).
This week, the Hokies will host #17 Georgia Tech (1-0).

=============== #8 Texas Longhorns (1-1) ===============
Last week, Texas lost 37-31 against Penn State (2-0).
This week, the Longhorns travel to Columbus to face the #6 Ohio State Buckeyes (2-0).

=============== #4 Wisconsin Badgers (2-0) ===============
Last week, Wisconsin won 70-0 against Ball State (0-1).
This week, the Badgers travel to Corvallis to face the Oregon State Beavers (1-1).

JeffHCross
10-05-2010, 09:24 PM
Papa, the earliest I'd be able to play a midnight kickoff is Friday night. So unless your schedule isn't normal this week, when do you want to play? Ohio State plays at noon on Saturday, so practically any time other than 12-4 this weekend would be fine.

Obviously, Prime would prefer us to get it in sooner rather than later ;) but he can wait

Papa LoneStar
10-06-2010, 12:14 AM
My little 4pm-5pm central kickoff window is vanished with me having to pick my son up from daycare now....so I guess we'll have to wait until Friday since you're not able to take one for the team and stay up past midnight :-p

psusnoop
10-06-2010, 05:24 AM
My little 4pm-5pm central kickoff window is vanished with me having to pick my son up from daycare now....so I guess we'll have to wait until Friday since you're not able to take one for the team and stay up past midnight :-p

LMAO :popcorn:

Oneback
10-06-2010, 05:27 AM
psuexv,

I should be good for a game tonight, I jokingingly went and laid down while my wife watched Glee at around 7:30p, well just now woke up.

psusnoop
10-06-2010, 05:31 AM
I bet your feeling refreshed for sure now.

Oneback
10-06-2010, 05:36 AM
Yeah, I'm good...longest I've slept in quite a long time.

psuexv
10-06-2010, 08:12 AM
I'm good for tonight. Let's say 10 EST

Papa LoneStar
10-06-2010, 08:59 AM
I'll pay for some quality rest like that Oneback....GREAT move!

JeffHCross
10-06-2010, 07:36 PM
so I guess we'll have to wait until Friday since you're not able to take one for the team and stay up past midnight :-pYeah, 4 hours of sleep is pretty much a way for me to guarantee I'll suffer at work the next day. So no go this week.

RcSinger
10-06-2010, 07:56 PM
good, the first two weeks went quick, I was worried about how long it was taking me to play week 3.
I plan on getting my exterminator on with the YellowJackets tonight but with all the crap I have dealt with the last 2 days, it might be still a day or two before I can get it in.

Oneback
10-06-2010, 07:59 PM
That's fine we are looking at Friday night at the earliest before we are able to advance.

Oneback
10-06-2010, 08:01 PM
psuexv,

I may be a couple minutes late...my wife wants to watch something and afterwards I need to make a change or two to my depth chart then we can kickoff.

JeffHCross
10-06-2010, 08:08 PM
good, the first two weeks went quick, I was worried about how long it was taking me to play week 3.Singer, we normally go pretty quick, but as long as you're communicative, we don't mind waiting. Just let us know when things aren't going you way, and we'll take the foot off the pedal :)

Iron Dragon
10-06-2010, 08:30 PM
"No one else wanted to win besides Calhoun", I guess, #5 Sooners turn it over 7 times, Calhoun becomes Heisman frontrunner by carrying OU on his back with 329 yard, 6 TD performance in 42-31 win

I guess no one else for the Sooners wanted to win as badly as Jermie Calhoun did. Six turnovers and one failed fourth down showed how bad the Sooners played. You'd think 7 turnovers would be too much.

Add in Jermie Calhoun and you've got a win.

Calhoun was the One Man Army of this team, again, taking 41 carries for 329 yards and 6 TDs, an insane 8 YPC, and the more insane stat.. he had 212 yards after contact. He broke numerous tackles. He did it all - stiff armed, juked, leaped, and flat out ran away from people, he was like Barry Sanders to the max today. He also caught 3 passes for 33 yards and made a tackle on offense/defense after his team turned the ball over saving a defensive TD (Oklahoma' D got a fumble shortly after to fall there way). Needless to say, he won the game.

"I have never seen a performance like that.. he said, hey guys, you're going to play terrible today and I'm going to play like a legend. That was a performance people are going to say holy hell one day. The only way to describe how he ran today is 'Here comes #23, and there he goes..'", said coach ID.

Landry Jones threw 3 INTs, and the team fumbled the ball away 3 times. TTU took a 14-0 lead before Calhoun outscored Texas Tech 42-17 the rest of the way.

We had two sacks, 1 INT, and a FF and FR on defense.

Quentin Hayes had a 97 yard kickoff return TD called back and Roy Finch had a 66 yard punt return called back due to clipping, those would have been our biggest performances on special teams.

JC#23 all day.

psuexv
10-06-2010, 08:55 PM
psuexv,

I may be a couple minutes late...my wife wants to watch something and afterwards I need to make a change or two to my depth chart then we can kickoff.

That's fine. I just got on so send the invite when you're ready

psuexv
10-06-2010, 09:28 PM
USC/Michigan put on hold. OB complaining about a little lag :) Just kidding... it was really bad.

psuexv
10-06-2010, 09:29 PM
I do have a question Oneback. I notice your playbook is Oneback - is that a coincidence?

Papa LoneStar
10-06-2010, 11:04 PM
Must be a glitch....commish gets a custom playbook while we search and search....must be niiiice

fsuprime
10-06-2010, 11:06 PM
apparently he did give up on boston college lol

Oneback
10-07-2010, 05:15 AM
No, it is the Boston College playbook, which is a one back playbook. It is not a coincidence, I prefer the one back offense in both real life and in the video game if implemented correctly.

That lag was horrible, being that I couldn't even kick the ball off at full power I knew I was in for a long game if we had decided to play it out.

JeffHCross
10-07-2010, 10:45 AM
I've just been informed that it is "almost inevitable" that I will be working this weekend. I don't know when, I don't know how much. We'll figure out a way to work around it, Papa.

Oneback
10-07-2010, 11:28 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_NliQl_vuj1Q/R-_KrGOOIBI/AAAAAAAAAo4/st5tNzz-flo/s320/lumbergh1.jpg

Oh, oh, and I almost forgot. Ahh, I'm also gonna need you to go ahead and come in on Sunday, too...

psuexv
10-07-2010, 11:34 AM
LOL - that's awesome OB.

Papa LoneStar
10-07-2010, 01:05 PM
I'll be free anytime you can on Saturday. Longhorns don't play. Sunday....I'm going to the Cowboy/Titans game (Cowboy polo shirt....Longhorn hat, baby!)....so I'll only be available Sunday night. If you wanted to go at 5am on Saturday morning....*cough*....I'm game.

psusnoop
10-07-2010, 01:15 PM
I've just been informed that it is "almost inevitable" that I will be working this weekend. I don't know when, I don't know how much. We'll figure out a way to work around it, Papa.

Just going to have to suck it up and battle tonight. No sense in putting things off. :P

fsuprime
10-07-2010, 01:17 PM
http://s-ak.buzzfed.com/static/imagebuzz/terminal01/2009/1/15/9/schwarzeneggers-conan-sword-18201-1232029029-2.jpg

psuexv
10-07-2010, 02:21 PM
Just going to have to suck it up and battle tonight. No sense in putting things off. :P

I almost have to agree. Especially with Lumburgh making you work this weekend.

RcSinger
10-07-2010, 03:05 PM
The game got off to an ugly start for the Hokies. Georgia Tech scored on their second play from scrimmage on a 75 yard pass play from Washington to Hill. On the Ensuing possession, the Hokies had to settle for a field goal on a drive that showed some promise, but grew stale around the 30. GT's second possession saw similar results as their first, with a 73 yard pass play to McKayhan on their third play. Virginia Tech passes to the flat, fumble, the yellowjackets recover for a touchdown.

It looks like GT is just owning VT on both sides of the ball, but then what happens?

I'll tell you what happens, it's the second quarter.

The second quarter was owned by VT, Scoring 3 times while holding the Yellowjackets to a single field goal attempt.

Third Quarter, 24 - 13 Virginia Tech takes the ball down the field an scores (XP good) to bring them within 4 at the 4:30 mark and again at the 2:20 mark to take the lead by 3.

4th quarter seen another impressive drive by the hokies and a 5 yard scoring run but remember that 1st quarter, GT answers with a 67 yard pass play to keep them within 3.
next hokie possesion, 37 seconds after GT's last score, Ju Ju Clayton says, "hey, I can pass too", 79 yard passing TD to Scott, setting a new school record.
GT throws a pick and VT goes back in 4 plays later with a 1 yard run from the backup - Minor.
With chances growing thinner for the yellowjackets they put another in the End Zone with 2:48 to go.
Onside's kick; you gotta kick the ball 10 yards!! Virginia tech takes over, Victory Formation; clock hits 00:00 and Hokies get the win.

Ju Ju Clayton finished 15 of 28, 371 yards, 3 TD's, 1 pick and a 193 QB RTG.
Wilson finishes with 23 touches, 165 yards 2 TD's
VT finishes with 518 yard total offense, 150 total rushing yards.
Stat of the Day, The Hokie defense holds the option attack of GT to -3 total yards.... Negative 3!!
GT threw 2 interceptions and lost one fumble
VT threw 1 int and lost 1 fumble.

psusnoop
10-07-2010, 03:09 PM
The game got off to an ugly start for the Hokies. Georgia Tech scored on their second play from scrimmage on a 75 yard pass play from Washington to Hill. On the Ensuing possession, the Hokies had to settle for a field goal on a drive that showed some promise, but grew stale around the 30. GT's second possession saw similar results as their first, with a 73 yard pass play to McKayhan on their third play. Virginia Tech passes to the flat, fumble, the yellowjackets recover for a touchdown.

It looks like GT is just owning VT on both sides of the ball, but then what happens?

I'll tell you what happens, it's the second quarter.

The second quarter was owned by VT, Scoring 3 times while holding the Yellowjackets to a single field goal attempt.

Third Quarter, 24 - 13 Virginia Tech takes the ball down the field an scores (XP good) to bring them within 4 at the 4:30 mark and again at the 2:20 mark to take the lead by 3.

4th quarter seen another impressive drive by the hokies and a 5 yard scoring run but remember that 1st quarter, GT answers with a 67 yard pass play to keep them within 3.
next hokie possesion, 37 seconds after GT's last score, Ju Ju Clayton says, "hey, I can pass too", 79 yard passing TD to Scott, setting a new school record.
GT throws a pick and VT goes back in 4 plays later with a 1 yard run from the backup - Minor.
With chances growing thinner for the yellowjackets they put another in the End Zone with 2:48 to go.
Onside's kick; you gotta kick the ball 10 yards!! Virginia tech takes over, Victory Formation; clock hits 00:00 and Hokies get the win.

Ju Ju Clayton finished 15 of 28, 371 yards, 3 TD's, 1 pick and a 193 QB RTG.
Wilson finishes with 23 touches, 165 yards 2 TD's
VT finishes with 518 yard total offense, 150 total rushing yards.
Stat of the Day, The Hokie defense holds the option attack of GT to -3 total yards.... Negative 3!!
GT threw 2 interceptions and lost one fumble
VT threw 1 int and lost 1 fumble.

Man I have seen so many rough starts like this, it is almost scary at times because it can be hard to battle back into them. Sounds like your defense said enough already, this is our game. Well played RC, nice comeback!

JeffHCross
10-07-2010, 08:37 PM
Well I "only" need to put in around 52 hours next week (as of now, heh), so I'll try to spread the 12 extra hours over the weekend rather than doing two full days. Or even one.

Papa, let's plan on playing Friday night unless you're concerned about not being too awake after work. We could hold off until Saturday after dinner then, I should be fine.

RcSinger
10-07-2010, 09:15 PM
This might belong in the recruiting thread, but I had something happen in recruiting that I have never had happen before. A player that I had only spent about 30 minutes on (3 subjects) has VT listed as 1st interest. So I call him after I talk to the main guys I need as I had a little time left, Select 30 minutes, talked to him about one subject and then offered him a scholly, I hadn't compared schools, pitched a subject, or anything. As soon as I offered him the scholly, his interest points hit 5000, yes, I said 5000, with three 0's, as in thousand, and it went out of the call screen and back to the recruiting board. I scrolled back to him and he had hard committed to my team?????

Never had that happen before, on a side note, I had one topic (10 minutes) left in the call but it didn't give it back to me when he committed, I just lost that time.

fsuprime
10-07-2010, 09:33 PM
if u r listed as his top school there is always a chance he will commit when you offer.

psuexv
10-07-2010, 10:12 PM
Are you sure you didn't get the time back? Typically if I do 60 minutes and he commits on the first pitch I get those 50 minutes back

Oneback
10-07-2010, 10:14 PM
Good game psuexv,

In a game that featured 985 yards of offense and 65 points, the 4th quarter was one of the wildest on record. Michigan entered the 4th with a 21-17 lead then late in the quarter Nick Cleveland broke a 59 yard run for the ages to give the Wolverines a 11 point lead. The last 3 minutes of the game were highlighted by 21 points and each team throwing a 76 yard pass for a score.

Coach Oneback is happy to get out of LA with a win and the Wolverines now own a 3-0 record this season with each win coming over a ranked opponent. Next up is Notre Dame in the Big House.

Offense:
Tate Forcier - 18/22 376 yards 3 TD 1 INT
Nick Cleveland - 21 ATT 149 yards 1 TD
Brandon Moore - 3 Rec 124 Yards

Defense:
JT Turner - 6 Tackles
Jesse Williams - 1 Sack (4 on the year)

Oneback
10-07-2010, 10:19 PM
Papa and Jeff are all that remain.

fsuprime
10-07-2010, 10:25 PM
i think u only get the time back if you get the 'instant commit' super special from ea which happens when you call someone who 'already has an offer'

psuexv
10-07-2010, 10:28 PM
USC goes down to the Wolverines - 35-30

The first half was pretty stagnant. USC holds on D on the first series and the offense marches the ball down the field to take a 7-0 lead. Michigan gets the ball back and moves right back down the field but the Trojan D stuffs Nick Cleveland on 3rd and 4th and goal from the 1. The Offense moves the ball out of the shadow of their own end zone but the drive stalls as Walker missed a wide open DJ Morgan out of the backfield and tried to force into Prater(totally user fault, got excited hit the wrong button). Michigan then takes up most of the 2nd Qtr and puts 7 on the board. 7-7.

USC tries to take a 14-7 lead and get the ball back at half but a timely sack and they settle for a FG 10-7. With confidence going into the half with the lead the Trojan defense gives up a 73 yard TD with 22 seconds left in the half. Michigan takes their first lead into the half 14-10.

3rd Qtr an exchange of TDs and then a tremendous 4th quarter with 27 points scored in the final 3:10. It was like two heavy weight fighters in the 15th round throwing haymakers at each other with 59, 24,76, and 76 yard touchdowns in the final minutes. In the end the Trojans just didn't have enough and that lapse in defense at the end of the half was the difference maker.

Good game OB.... You didn't happen to record it did you. Would love to watch it again.

Oneback
10-07-2010, 10:31 PM
I did record it, I've also got my game against Escobar recorded as well. Not sure when I will be able to get them up but I hope soon.

psuexv
10-07-2010, 10:32 PM
Joe Walker - 21 for 31 - 412, 3 TD 0 INT
DJ Morgan 11 carries 54 yards 1 TD
Kyle Prater 7 catches 159 yards 2 TD

Defense did get the only TO of the game - INT by Brian Baucham

JeffHCross
10-07-2010, 10:40 PM
I did record it, I've also got my game against Escobar recorded as well. Not sure when I will be able to get them up but I hope soon.Did you conveniently not record our game last season? ;)

fsuprime
10-07-2010, 10:40 PM
is there anything funnier than watching pitchers try to hit Playoff level major league pitching lol

psuexv
10-07-2010, 10:43 PM
is there anything funnier than watching pitchers try to hit Playoff level major league pitching lol

The funny thing is the hardest hit ball yesterday against Halladay was by the Cincy reliever.

RcSinger
10-08-2010, 05:45 AM
I'm fairly positive I didn't get the time back. I always pick either 1 hr or 30 min depending on my focus, this guy was a WR and not a highly needed player for next year, I picked 30 min used 2 topics (1 topic and 1 scholly offer) and he committed. When I came back to the screen, I only had 1 hr left, I had 1:30 left before the call.

Oneback
10-08-2010, 06:22 AM
Interesting, I honestly don't know if you get the time back. I always offer on the last topic. Can anyone else confirm?

psuexv
10-08-2010, 08:17 AM
Interesting, I honestly don't know if you get the time back. I always offer on the last topic. Can anyone else confirm?

I've definitely got the time back. I noticed it early on and that's why I always make my scholly offer first. Multiple times I've selected 60 minutes and came out of the call with say 7 hrs and 50 min left.

psuexv
10-08-2010, 08:19 AM
This would be really dumb but I wonder if you only get the time back if they commit right away and not after you pitch them a couple of things. I can honestly say I have never seen an instant commit after I have pitched them a couple topics. It's usually right when I offer or when I go to make the call and it comes up as instant commit and doesn't even take me into the call screen.

fsuprime
10-08-2010, 08:44 AM
i only offer on the last pitch, so unless its the each insta-commit i dont get time back anyways

psusnoop
10-08-2010, 09:00 AM
I'm with psuexv, I tend to offer for the first pitch and get time back. I have on occasion though waited to offer until I unlocked a Most then offered next. Once it worked and I got a commit (probably would have gotten a commit had I offered earlier too) but each time I got time back.

Speaking of recruiting, I can't wait to battle Oregon.

KingPin what does your weekend look like? Maybe a Saturday night game for us?

JeffHCross
10-08-2010, 05:39 PM
Well I "only" need to put in around 52 hours next week (as of now, heh)As expected, things changed.

Now I only have like 40-42 hours to put in. Because of how my tasks fall onto the calendar, I'll be going in on Sunday and then taking Wednesday off. Don't ask about why.

I'm keeping in touch with Papa, and right now we're scheduled for tomorrow (Saturday) after the Buckeyes game. We might move it up tonight depending on how both of us feel after he's off work.

Interesting, I honestly don't know if you get the time back. I always offer on the last topic. Can anyone else confirm?As others have more or less said, I know there are times I get the time back. I'm with psuexv that the answer might be Instant Commit on phone call versus Instant Commit on scholarship offer. I know when the player commits out of the blue that I get the time back. I can't say for sure if I get the time back when he commits on offer. I offer my scholarships at random points in the call, but I've only gotten a handful of instants lately, so I'm not sure.

fsuprime
10-08-2010, 09:17 PM
The funny thing is the hardest hit ball yesterday against Halladay was by the Cincy reliever.

and giants pitcher just hit a RBI single back up the middle lol

JeffHCross
10-08-2010, 11:10 PM
After staring at computer screens all day, I find myself unable to look at the TV without blinking way, way too much. So I'm heading to bed, and Papa and I will play tomorrow after the noon games are done.

Kingpin32
10-09-2010, 12:48 AM
I'm with psuexv, I tend to offer for the first pitch and get time back. I have on occasion though waited to offer until I unlocked a Most then offered next. Once it worked and I got a commit (probably would have gotten a commit had I offered earlier too) but each time I got time back.

Speaking of recruiting, I can't wait to battle Oregon.

KingPin what does your weekend look like? Maybe a Saturday night game for us?

I'm back at home in Dallas, so I'm not sure about Saturday night as I may be at the Fair, but I should be free most of the day on Sunday. I'll let you know how Saturday night is looking for me though.

psusnoop
10-09-2010, 06:15 AM
I'm back at home in Dallas, so I'm not sure about Saturday night as I may be at the Fair, but I should be free most of the day on Sunday. I'll let you know how Saturday night is looking for me though.

No rush KingPin, either way is fine with me.

JeffHCross
10-09-2010, 12:38 PM
IronDragon, you are not listed as Ready to Advance. Looks like your recruiting didn't update again.

Iron Dragon
10-09-2010, 02:28 PM
I don't think I recruited, so I'll do it now.

JeffHCross
10-09-2010, 03:28 PM
Ohio State loses a 1 pt game at home, after Texas orchestrates a ridiculously calm 11 play, 80 yard drive that eats up all but :29 of the remaining clock.

Ohio State completely blows a 27-10 lead in the process, coming up essentially empty, except for one FG, after the first possession of the second half.

Papa LoneStar
10-09-2010, 04:08 PM
The #8 Longhorns come back from a 27-10 defecit with 7:05 left in the 3rd to win in the Shoe 31-30.
Longhorn offense: 509 offensive yards, 0 turnovers
QB Garrett Gilbert, Sr: 21-30 370 yards 1 TD 0 INT
RB Chris Whaley, Sr: 19 car 75 yards 3 TD (NCAA career record holder for rushing TDs with 74 with 10 games remaining)
WR Marquise Goodwin, Sr: 7 rec 167 yards 1 TD
TE Chris Hall, Fr: 6 rec 90 yards
WR Darius Terrell, So: 4 rec 65 yards
WR Mike Davis, So: 2 rec 43 yards
Longhorn defense: 2-9 3rd down defense, held Buckeyes to 3 points in last 15 minutes of ball game
OLB Chris Sanders, So: 8 tackles
CB Bryant Jackson, So: 5 tackles, 3 passes deflected
DE Alex Okafor, Sr: 1 sack
Next up: Pac-10 opener vs Oklahoma State in Stillwater, OK....2:30pm central on ABC

JeffHCross
10-09-2010, 04:16 PM
Longhorn defense: 2-9 3rd down defenseThat is, by far, what killed me.