PDA

View Full Version : Jaymo76 Madden 19 CFM

jaymo76
08-13-2018, 02:58 PM
As I finish the last game of the regular season I have decided to start a thread relaying my CFM experiences for Madden 19.

:New_Orleans_Saints:

I am doing something new... playing as an established coach, in this case Sean Payton.

The owner wanted to know my goal for the season so I told him 10 wins and playoffs.

jaymo76
08-13-2018, 04:23 PM
Sean payton’s Saints had a great season going 13-3, with the only losses of the season coming against Philly and Atlanta in back-to back matches and losing to Carolina in the last game of the season although this was a throwaway game.

The Saints clinched the best records in the NFL and are the #1 seed in the NFC as the playoff are about to begin.

Payton also won coach of the year for his efforts, beating out Adam Gase :Miami_Dolphins: who had a respectable 10-6 campaign.

jaymo76
08-13-2018, 04:44 PM
Cameron Jordan won Defensive lineman of the year for the NFC

Payton Manning had a terrible injury plagued season but his highlight was breaking 500 passing TD’s for his career (502). Brees also claimed the passing yardage title eclipsing Manning and now sits at 72, 439 yards.

Sean Payton moved into 5th place for wins by active coaches. He now has 118 wins compared to 74 losses.

Here's a clip going over all of the numbers, rankings, etc. Enjoy!

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/297053158

jaymo76
08-13-2018, 04:47 PM
Wildcard Round: Saints with a bye

:San_Diego_Chargers: 27. :Cleveland_Browns: 17
:Seattle_Seahawks: 24. :Dallas_Cowboys: 21
:Houston_Texans: 21. :Kansas_City_Chiefs: 27
:Atlanta_Falcons: 28. :Green_Bay_Packers: 13

jaymo76
08-13-2018, 04:53 PM
Saturday, 5:15pm.

:Seattle_Seahawks: @. :New_Orleans_Saints:

NO Injuries:

Alex Anzalone (ROLB)
Ben Watson (TE)
Ritchie Incognito (LG)

SEA Injuries:

Earl Thomas (FS)

This is the first matchup this year and this game should be a good one. Brees will have a short leash and if he struggles Barrett will come in early. The key for NO will be establishing the run game early.

jaymo76
08-13-2018, 07:55 PM
:Seattle_Seahawks: 20. :New_Orleans_Saints: 6

The game started off well with a 14 yard drive ending in a field goal. Then the drops and fumbles and pass deflections and sacks took over. Even though there NO game plan was set to safe for rb’s the Saints had 5 fumbles and Bree’s threw three interceptions. The Seahawks D was relentless in jumping the routes and tackles for loss in the backfield. It was clear after the first drive that the Hawks would win... and they did.

The game was 6-6 with 1 second left in the 2nd when Wilson threw a 79 yard to strike (bounced off 4 players and landed in Baldwin’s hands....). At 13-6 at the half the game was over.

Just like that all the hard work and effort and it’s over. Ouch!

Big decisions are needed for next year. The biggest is at QB... is Brees done after a disaster of a year? At LT... how can one give up 27 sacks in a year? At receiver how can there be so many drops???

jaymo76
08-13-2018, 07:57 PM
DIVISIONAL ROUND:

:San_Diego_Chargers: 24. :Jax_Jaguars: 7
:Kansas_City_Chiefs: 10. :Miami_Dolphins:7
:Atlanta_Falcons: 25. :St_Louis_Rams: 42

jaymo76
08-13-2018, 07:58 PM
Sean Payton was rewarded with a 5 year contract extension. NO management was clearly impressed with the season.

jaymo76
08-13-2018, 08:00 PM
CONFERENCE PLAYOFF:

:San_Diego_Chargers: 30. :Kansas_City_Chiefs: 24
:Seattle_Seahawks: 28. :St_Louis_Rams: 10

jaymo76
08-13-2018, 08:07 PM
SUPERBOWL:

:San_Diego_Chargers: 31. :Seattle_Seahawks: 7

The Chargers destroyed the Hawks with 400 yards of offence vs 148 for the Hawks. Rivers was MVP throwing for 300 yards and 3 TD’s. Congrats LA on your Super Bowl victory!

jaymo76
08-13-2018, 08:09 PM
Saints retirements this offseason:

LG Ritchie Incognito
TE Ben Watson
RG Jerome Bushrod

jaymo76
08-13-2018, 09:45 PM
Offseason players released:

WR Travis Dural
WR Austin Carr
CB Justin Hardee

jaymo76
08-14-2018, 03:38 AM
:New_Orleans_Saints: FREE AGENT SIGNINGS

LE CAM WAKE
HB JALEN RICHARD
TE JESSE JAMES
TE RICKY SEALS-JONES
QB EJ MANUEL

All the signings were for depth. None are projected as starters. However, Jesse James will be competing for a regular spot on the field as second string TE.

jaymo76
08-14-2018, 03:44 AM
Breaking news: Just before the beginning of the draft, WR Ted Ginn Jr announced his retirement. It’s unclear if this changes the current draft plans for the Saints.

jaymo76
08-14-2018, 04:14 AM
:New_Orleans_Saints: 2019 Draft

The Saints didn’t have a pick in the first round but in round 2 (28th pick in the round) the Saints chose WR Jordan McCleskey (75 ovr) out of Liberty.

McCleskey will have every opportunity to compete for the 3rd receiver spot.

jaymo76
08-14-2018, 04:50 AM
:New_Orleans_Saints: DRAFT

Round 3: Alexander Shockey (LG) from Marshall (74 ovr). Shockey was scouted as a 4th rounder but Saints staff saw him as a 3rd rounder. Shockley will be given every opportunity to compete for the starting position.

Round 4: Marquise Levens (WR) out of Lehigh was taken in the 4th. The Saints went with depth rather than reach on a project pick.

Round 5: Timario Ridgeway (HB) is an elusive back out of Vanderbilt. He will compete for a job as a returner but likely will be practise squad bound.

Round 6: Saints traded the pick to the Patriots for their 4th rounder in the 2020 draft.

Round 7: Holden Dutka (TE) was taken in the 7th round. Not much is expected of this pick.

jaymo76
08-14-2018, 04:53 AM
It’s clear there are two gems in this draft class.

1. Shockley (LG) is an impressive specimen. He’s currently ranked 18 in guards in the league and hasn’t played a snap yet. He’s deemed a star. His run blocking is massive but he will need work in the pass game.

2. 5th round HB Timario Ridgeway has all the skills to be a superstar. Rumour has it that Saints management has put out feelers for an Ingram trade. That’s how sold they are on Timario!

jaymo76
08-14-2018, 04:57 AM
For his outstanding leadership last year, Payton has named WR Michael Thomas as the 3rd offensive team captain.

jaymo76
08-14-2018, 05:09 AM
Before the start of the season the Saints have signed a few more players to the roster

WR Othniel Gordon (R)
CB Octovious Omameh (R)
RT Morris Powell (R)
P Everett Aboushi (R)

jaymo76
08-14-2018, 05:10 AM
Breaking news... the Saints have traded backup WR Trequan Smith to the Baltimore Ravens for a 3rd round pick in the 2020 draft.

jaymo76
08-14-2018, 05:16 AM
Breaking news... in order to clear cap space the Saints have traded Mark Ingram to the Green Bay Packers in exchange for a 1st round pick in the 2020 draft. This opens the door for Ridgeway to move into Ingrams spot. The move is not being well received on social media.

SmoothPancakes
08-14-2018, 09:28 AM
Breaking news... the Saints have traded backup WR Trequan Smith to the Baltimore Ravens for a 3rd round pick in the 2020 draft.Are you able to get trade offers from other teams for a player you want to get rid of, and then pick the best deal from all offers around the league? Or do you have to find the best deal yourself?

It's been a while since I've played Madden, so I can't remember if they have a system similar to NBA 2K where I can take a player or draft pick, offer to trade it and be taken to a window with trade offers for that pick or player for every other interested team in the league, then it's just a matter of hitting tabbing through the offers with L1 and R1 until I find an offer I like or one that I can go in and edit and try to make into one I like and that the other team will still accept.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

jaymo76
08-14-2018, 03:04 PM
Are you able to get trade offers from other teams for a player you want to get rid of, and then pick the best deal from all offers around the league? Or do you have to find the best deal yourself?

It's been a while since I've played Madden, so I can't remember if they have a system similar to NBA 2K where I can take a player or draft pick, offer to trade it and be taken to a window with trade offers for that pick or player for every other interested team in the league, then it's just a matter of hitting tabbing through the offers with L1 and R1 until I find an offer I like or one that I can go in and edit and try to make into one I like and that the other team will still accept.

You can put players on the trade block but you rarely get offers. I just looked for trades by putting him in the offers box and scrolling team by team (if he has a green check there is interest). Sadly there is no real depth/immersion with trades. It’s been the same way for years now.

jaymo76
08-15-2018, 03:04 AM
Preseason week 1

:New_Orleans_Saints: 20. :Minnesota_Vikings: 9

The preseason started off with a win in Minny. It was a dull game with some poor QB play on both sides. QB free agent EJ Manuel broke his collarbone and is out for 8 weeks. The Saints will looks to free agency to bring someone else in.

Rookies:
Ridgeway 13 carries 52 yards
Jordan McCleskey 6 rec 66 yards 1 TD

Free Agents:
Jesse James (TE) played well with 4 receptions for 41 yards including 2 key third down conversions
Cam Wake (DE) had 4 tackles 1 tackle for a loss and 1 sack

jaymo76
08-15-2018, 03:12 AM
Breaking news:

The Saints have sainted free agent Trevone Boykin (QB) to the squad. The Saints also signed rookie free agent QB Tucker Heddlesten from Oregon State. Both will compete for the 3rd QB spot as EJ Manuel will be out at least 8 weeks.

jaymo76
08-16-2018, 03:59 AM
Preseason Weeks 2-4:

:New_Orleans_Saints: 9 :Houston_Texans: 20

A terrible effort all around as the team played poorly with several fumbles and interceptions. The Texans were also amazing with 16 pass deflections. The only bright spot for NO was WR Jordan McCleskey who has 6 receptions for 78 yards and 1 TD.

:TB_Buccaneers: 21. :New_Orleans_Saints: 28

Overall a great game.... even if it was a divisional game during the preseason......

Brees was 18-23 for 199 yards and 3 TD strikes. When he plays like that the Saints win. Kamara was a beast with 15 carries for 83 yards and a 5.5ypc average. This game came down to the last play but TB could not convert on 4th down.

:Buffalo_Bills: 3. :New_Orleans_Saints: 29

Utter domination by the Saints in this one. QB Boykin made a real push to make the team with a 2 TD performance. WR Coleman also played big with 6 receptions for 70 yards.

Overall 3-1 and a strong preseason bodes well for the Saints moving forward. The only injury coming out of the preseason is QB EJ Manuel.

Next up the cuts...

jaymo76
08-16-2018, 04:04 AM
Transactions Log:

The Saints have signed free agent LOLB Kyle Manuel to a one year deal

Practise squad:

WR Marquise Levens
P Everett Aboushi
CB Octvious Omaneh
CB Karin Moore
QB Tucker Heddlesten
TE Holden Dutka

Released:

LG Kyle Fuller
WR Reggie Davis

jaymo76
08-16-2018, 04:20 AM
Opening week and Saints talent has already been poached.

:Cincinnati_Bengals: signed P Everett Aboushi

:Houston_Texans: signed WR Marquise Levens

These are losses for sure as they were the most talented players on the practise roster.

SmoothPancakes
08-16-2018, 12:53 PM
Hopefully the Saints can make it back to the playoffs this year. Would love to see a playoff run happen.

jaymo76
08-16-2018, 11:48 PM
Week 1: :Carolina_Panthers: 14 :New_Orleans_Saints: 21

The Saints start off the 2019 campaign on a strong note with a big win against Carolina. The Saints D was shaky at times against the run and the Saints run game was beastly. Those two things were not the case last year! NO had a run first philosophy all day and it paid off. Brees was an effective game manager but still managed to throw one pic.

Key stats:
Brees. 17/25 179 yards 1td 1 int
Kamara 25 carries 125 yards 1 td
Ridgeway. 8 carries 46 yards 1 td
Josh Hill only had 3 catches but they were all huge. He averaged 21.3 yards per catch
Manti Teo 5 tackles 1 tackle for a loss
Crawley and Lattimore had interceptions (Lattimore’s saved the game during the last Carolina drive)

Key Injury:

Timario Ridgeway out for 4 weeks with a shoulder tear

This was a nice start to the season. It’s big D on the schedule for next week.

jaymo76
08-18-2018, 03:40 AM
Week 2: :New_Orleans_Saints: (1-0). :Dallas_Cowboys: (0-1)

The Cowboys fall to 0-2 as they were dismantled by the Saints, 34-7. It was 20-0 at halftime and the Saints D was outstanding today. For whatever reason Prescott plays terrible against NO. Today he was 8/17 52 yards and 3 ints as well as being sacked 3 times. Compare that to Brees who went 25/37 for 197 yards 3 td and 1 int.

Kamara didn’t have a great game only rushing for 69 yards on 18 carries. The real story today was the NO D.

Cameron Jordan 5 tackles and 3 sacks
Demario Davis 3 tackles, 1 sack, 4 pass deflections
Interceptions by Mantii Te’o, Alex Anzalone and Marshawn Lattimore (of which Lattimore had a pick 6).

The news however was not all good as franchise tagged cornerback Ken Crawley suffered a dislocated elbow and will miss the next 5 weeks.

With that the Saints start the season 2-0 and head to Tampa to take on the 0-2 Bucks.

jaymo76
08-18-2018, 03:43 AM
Breaking news... the Saints have announced a contract extension for star wideout Michael Thomas. Thomas singed a 4 year 59 million dollar contract extension today.

SmoothPancakes
08-18-2018, 09:01 PM
Always a good week when the Cowboys get the crap beaten out of them.

jaymo76
08-19-2018, 05:39 AM
Week 3: :New_Orleans_Saints: (2-0) :TB_Buccaneers: (0-2)

In a hard fought win the Saints pulled out a 20-13 victory. Brees was 15/24 for 204 yards 2 TD and 1 int. Kamara had 22 carries for 72 yards.

Damarion Davis was the leader on D with 10 tackles and 1 sack and 1 interception. FPS Marcus Williams also had a key interception earlier in the game. LOLB Alex Anzalone had two major sacks for losses which were also turning points in this game.

In reality, the Bucks deserved the win as outside of two ints from Winston they should have won the game as he played outstanding (22-25 201 yards and a td plus a bunch of rushing yards). However a win is a win and the Saints will take it.

Next up the Saints head off to play the 1-2 49ers in SAN Francisco.

Side note: The Falcons are also 3-0 and are looking beastly good this year.

jaymo76
08-26-2018, 02:35 AM
Week 4: :New_Orleans_Saints: (3-0) @ :San_Fran_49ers: (1-2)

The Saints travelled to the Bay Area to take on the 49ers. Brees had a massive game throwing for 319 yards and 3td’s. It was his first big game in a long, long time actually. Alvin Kamara also had a strong game with 91 yards and a td on 20 carries. Michael Thomas led the receivers with 7 receptions for 82 yards and 1 td.

Demario Davis had a big day on D recording 12 tackles and 1 tackle for a loss. All in all the Saints dismantled a struggling 49ers team with the final score NO 38. SF 14. The only downside is that CB Crawley was lost to injury for three weeks. That’s not good for the stingy NO Defense.

The Saints move to 4-0 while the 49ers fall to 1-3.

jaymo76
08-26-2018, 02:37 AM
Breaking news: the Saints announce the following contract extensions.

CB Ken Crawley. 3 years $17.5 million

WR Cameron Meredith. 4 years $36.2 million

jaymo76
08-26-2018, 02:38 AM
Breaking news: RB Timario Ridgeway has been cleared to play and will dress in the Saints next home game vs the Cardinals.

jaymo76
08-26-2018, 02:54 AM
Week 5: :Arizona_Cardinals: (2-2) @ :New_Orleans_Saints: (4-0)

The Cards came into the game with a big 35-31 win over the Rams. Bradford was lights out so all thought this would be a great game. They were wrong. The Saints absolutely destroyed the Cardinals by a score of 31-3. The cards were held to 114 yards compared to the Saints 434 yards.

This game was all about the run and the D. Before leaving in the 3rd with an injury, Alvin Kamara rushed for 175 yards and 3 td’s on 14 carries. He had a12.5 you average. With that Kamara passed 500 yards on the season. The second story of the day was LE Cameron Jordan who had 7 tackles and 5 sacks and won defensive player of the week honours. Jordan now has 85 career sacks.

With the win the Saints remain undefeated at 5-0 and are atop of the NFC and the only remaining undefeated team in the NFL. Carolina shocked the pundits with a 21-20 upset win over the Falcons and that’s huge for New Orleans.

Next up the Saints host the 3-1 Packers. The game will also see the return of Mark Ingram to the Superdome.

jaymo76
08-28-2018, 01:15 AM
Week 6: :Green_Bay_Packers: (3-1) @ :New_Orleans_Saints: (5-0)

Sunday Night Football sees the Pack travel to NO. The game also sees the return of Mark Ingram, his first return since the trade. The game started poorly for the Saints as Rodgers was on fire. Brees had 2 fumbles and the Saint receivers fumbled twice as well. The Saints should haves had the lead but trailed 13-7 at half due to mistakes.

The second half saw offensive fireworks as the Pack punished threw Saints D with the run. In all the game ended the Saints win streak as the Pack won 31-28.

Note: you will notice a brief description... I am sad to admit that I rage quit.... after the 6th fumble of the game I just lost it. So the game itself was scripted and I just couldn’t do it...

Alas... the Saints fall to 5-1 on the season.

jaymo76
08-28-2018, 01:18 AM
Breaking NEWS: LOLB 2ND stringer KYLE EMMANUEL FRACTURED HIS ELBOW and will be out 11 WEEKS. He has been put on IR by their Saints.

jaymo76
08-28-2018, 01:20 AM
Breaking news... the Saints have signed FA Nick Vigil to replace injured Kyle Emmanuel.

jaymo76
07-31-2019, 12:05 AM
... long story short... Madden 19 was a bust. I played 3 seasons and won the super bowl in season two. All the legacy issues just kill the enjoyment of the game and I shelved it. I don’t like to give up on dynasties but the game just isn’t worth it.

Gonna try face the franchise with Madden 20.