PDA

View Full Version : Madden NFL 19 - Gameplay Impressions & General Discussion

bdoughty
07-23-2018, 07:34 PM
http://www.ign.com/videos/2018/07/23/madden-nfl-19-gameplay-impressions-franchise-mut-play-now

Nothing really new but there is some footage to look at. IGN says they will have footage of the Longshot 2 tomorrow.

cdj
07-24-2018, 08:23 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSnkWnNYKVI&feature=youtu.be

souljahbill
07-24-2018, 03:15 PM
From what I played, I liked it. The new motion took getting used to initially but after that, it was smooth. When the $20 post-Super Bowl sale hits, I’ll jump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bdoughty
07-24-2018, 06:56 PM
http://www.ign.com/videos/2018/07/24/the-first-26-minutes-of-madden-nfl-19s-longshot-homecoming-gameplay

THE FIRST 26 MINUTES OF MADDEN NFL 19'S LONGSHOT HOMECOMING GAMEPLAY

Yikes, I tried to watch but this is just cheeseball storytelling. Plus you have to play as the Cowboys. Hard pass.

bdoughty
07-24-2018, 07:30 PM
If 26 minutes was not enough, here is 35 minutes from Gamespot. Also this was captured from PC version.

https://www.gamespot.com/videos/madden-19-story-mode-35-minutes-of-gameplay/2300-6445171/

PC Gamplay Footgage Browns @ Giants. Browns up 14-3 at half. (It's Arcade mode) ;)

https://www.gamespot.com/videos/heres-madden-nfl-19-pc-gameplay-the-franchises-fir/2300-6445166/

steelerfan
07-25-2018, 11:15 AM
From what I played, I liked it. The new motion took getting used to initially but after that, it was smooth. When the $20 post-Super Bowl sale hits, I’ll jump.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkYeah, I'm at least interested. Not sure if/when I'll buy it but I'm interested.

jaymo76
07-29-2018, 10:21 PM
Yeah, I'm at least interested. Not sure if/when I'll buy it but I'm interested.

When it comes to Madden it always comes down to franchise mode. Do you want to play week after week? Does it feel fun and fresh? Is it immersive?

It looks like gameplay is heading in the right direction. However have the limited changes to CFM (the mode which apparently received a lot of focus...???...) made the game worth the purchase? I'm looking forward to EA ACCESS to get my hands on it and find out for myself.

steelerfan
07-29-2018, 11:27 PM
When it comes to Madden it always comes down to franchise mode. Do you want to play week after week? Does it feel fun and fresh? Is it immersive?

It looks like gameplay is heading in the right direction. However have the limited changes to CFM (the mode which apparently received a lot of focus...???...) made the game worth the purchase? I'm looking forward to EA ACCESS to get my hands on it and find out for myself.I'm fairly certain that in CFM I could enjoy one of the quick play options (Play the Moment?) and not get too bogged down with the things that annoy me. Is that worth $60 though? I'm thinking no.

I'm afraid that if I played full games that the stats and/or level of competition from the CPU would turn me off.

jaymo76
07-30-2018, 08:34 PM
I'm fairly certain that in CFM I could enjoy one of the quick play options (Play the Moment?) and not get too bogged down with the things that annoy me. Is that worth $60 though? I'm thinking no.

I'm afraid that if I played full games that the stats and/or level of competition from the CPU would turn me off.

I think what is frustrating is that they claimed this was the year of franchise and yes they did some stuff but frankly I'm incredibly underwhelmed.

steelerfan
07-31-2018, 01:11 AM
I think what is frustrating is that they claimed this was the year of franchise and yes they did some stuff but frankly I'm incredibly underwhelmed.Yeah, it doesn't seem to be much different than a couple years ago when I last bought Madden.

cdj
08-01-2018, 10:40 AM
M19 is now available for trial on EA Access.

jaymo76
08-01-2018, 03:17 PM
M19 is now available for trial on EA Access.

I'll try to get a few hours in later today and share some impressions with you guys. Cheers!

jaymo76
08-01-2018, 08:20 PM
Okay well I had a chance to play two games... AA default sliders / Simulation / Normal game speed

Game 1: Jacksonville (me) 10 Philly 7 (from London)

* Fournette 16 carries 121 yards 1 TD
* 2 penalties (both holding)
* BOTH QB's struggled with accuracy
* 8 sacks in total... four per team
* most sacks came from play action (doesn't seem to work well)
* as per madden crap, way too many pass deflections

Game 2: NO (me) 28 Jacksonville 6 (CFM Exhibition week 1)

* run game feels good for the most part~ still a lot of stuffs in the backfield
* 17 pass deflections combined (11 for Jax 6 for NO :(
* three penalties (2 holding 1 offside)
* play of Bortles was embarrassingly bad...

The Good:
* visually stunning~ xbox one x this is the best I have ever seen a sports game look
* pre game intros are really good~ I just wish they were longer
* game loads quicker from last year
* player archetypes really speeds up player progression (but does impact user control)
* ability to choose which week to start your season (exhibition or regular)
* running the ball is a lot of fun and jukes work incredibly well when in the open field
* RB trucking and breaking tackles... Fournette was a beast!
* seems to be more uniforms available this year
* uniform degradation looks great

The Bad:
* no halftime show from around the league during play now OR during the exhibition season
* still only sub 2nd stringers during exhibition. All others must be manually subbed
* way too many pass deflections and deflections which lead to interceptions
* minimal suggestions for suggested play calling (just as poor as last year)
* no longer have the ability to manually change who the primary receiver will be on pass plays (why would this be removed?)
* too many tackles in the backfield for a loss

Other:

* it still looks, sounds and feels like madden and the things you hate you will always hate (eg receivers get hit and drop the ball way, way too much)
* very minimal changes to CFM (yes they did some big changes to certain things but it falls far short of what they needed to do
* poor blocking logic continues to plague the series
* the coach screen while nice at first offers nothing for immersion
* looks like the twitter feed is pretty much the same as before

Now that's only 2 hours worth but it's like I figured and very similar to what I played last month during the beta. I passed on the game last year and I'm still on the fence this year. Once I get to regular season and see a real halftime show then I will have a better feel for the immersion.

souljahbill
08-01-2018, 08:55 PM
Okay well I had a chance to play two games... AA default sliders / Simulation / Normal game speed

Game 1: Jacksonville (me) 10 Philly 7 (from London)

* Fournette 16 carries 121 yards 1 TD
* 2 penalties (both holding)
* BOTH QB's struggled with accuracy
* 8 sacks in total... four per team
* most sacks came from play action (doesn't seem to work well)
* as per madden crap, way too many pass deflections

Game 2: NO (me) 28 Jacksonville 6 (CFM Exhibition week 1)

* run game feels good for the most part~ still a lot of stuffs in the backfield
* 17 pass deflections combined (11 for Jax 6 for NO :(
* three penalties (2 holding 1 offside)
* play of Bortles was embarrassingly bad...

The Good:
* visually stunning~ xbox one x this is the best I have ever seen a sports game look
* pre game intros are really good~ I just wish they were longer
* game loads quicker from last year
* player archetypes really speeds up player progression (but does impact user control)
* ability to choose which week to start your season (exhibition or regular)
* running the ball is a lot of fun and jukes work incredibly well when in the open field
* RB trucking and breaking tackles... Fournette was a beast!
* seems to be more uniforms available this year
* uniform degradation looks great

The Bad:
* no halftime show from around the league during play now OR during the exhibition season
* still only sub 2nd stringers during exhibition. All others must be manually subbed
* way too many pass deflections and deflections which lead to interceptions
* minimal suggestions for suggested play calling (just as poor as last year)
* no longer have the ability to manually change who the primary receiver will be on pass plays (why would this be removed?)
* too many tackles in the backfield for a loss

Other:

* it still looks, sounds and feels like madden and the things you hate you will always hate (eg receivers get hit and drop the ball way, way too much)
* very minimal changes to CFM (yes they did some big changes to certain things but it falls far short of what they needed to do
* poor blocking logic continues to plague the series
* the coach screen while nice at first offers nothing for immersion
* looks like the twitter feed is pretty much the same as before

Now that's only 2 hours worth but it's like I figured and very similar to what I played last month during the beta. I passed on the game last year and I'm still on the fence this year. Once I get to regular season and see a real halftime show then I will have a better feel for the immersion.

May I ask why you’d expect “around the league” scores in a play now game?

jaymo76
08-01-2018, 10:05 PM
May I ask why you’d expect “around the league” scores in a play now game?

I meant there is no halftime show whatsoever. It showed two highlights and was over. Last year you at least got stats, etc.

souljahbill
08-01-2018, 10:06 PM
I meant there is no halftime show whatsoever. It showed two highlights and was over. Last year you at least got stats, etc.

Gotcha.

jaymo76
08-01-2018, 10:28 PM
Gotcha.

Yeah I was shocked actually. The whole halftime is gone and the new halftime guy basically says if you want a halftime show play franchise mode. However I think there are only two highlights for any given CFM show now too but don't quote me on that.

jaymo76
08-02-2018, 03:24 PM
I played game one of the season last night. I decided to play as the New Orleans Saints. It was actually an excellent game minus some big gameplay issues.

TB Buccaneers 16 NO Saints (me) 24

Highlights and lowlights:

* 1st drive of the game Brees scrambles and slides and as he gets tackled he fumbles (same issue as last year...)
* 2nd drive of the game Brees gets sacked and suffers broken ribs (out at least six weeks)
* Tom Savage comes in and plays until the last drive of the game then also gets injured and is gone 4 weeks)
*** 27/31 264 yards 3TD 2int
*TB has zero run game (Simms 17 carries 25 yards)
* 3rd quarter I get kicked off the server (fortunately the game saved as it was in the cloud so I could continue a half hour later)
* almost zero user pass rush unless there is a full on blitz called
* passing game does seem a bit better and easier this year but essentially the cpu is always in zone (much like last year)
* CPU QB play is a little too good IMO. Not robo but close *almost zero stat overlays for the entire game (really minimal immersion)
* 3 penalties (false start x1 encroachment x2)

All that being said this was a very fun game. It's been a while since I said that about Madden.

HOWEVER:
I was so excited for the halftime show but it's such a disappointment
**** three games mentioned (none which are relevant to my team)
**** NO STATS SHOWN
**** no updates on all the other games around the league
**** nothing in regards to the game (TB vs NO)

*** This has the potential to be amazing but typical Tiburon with the half effort. I'm really saddened by this. The EXTRA POINT is still far superior to this offering. Why is this something Tiburon cannot do well? Let the NCAA team take over presentation. They know what they are doing!!!

Once the game is over in typical madden fashion the immersion is dead. There is no follow up on scores, etc. The twitter feed at the bottom of the pages scrolls to slowly for you to read and it's all the articles in your feed anyways. Most of the tweets are meaningless and have little to do with anything. I just wish Tiburon could figure this out. Just copy what 2k does in this regards and your game obtains elite status. However for whatever reason they just won't do it....

jaymo76
08-02-2018, 05:56 PM
So the default AA QB gameplay is definitely too good. JT Barrett, 3rd string QB was lights out in game two of the season.

CLE BROWNS 21 NO SAINTS (me) 23

I won the game on a last second field goal. The game was a great game actually but...

* both QB's (Taylor and Barrett were outstanding
eg. Barret 25/31 306 yards 2 TD's 1 Int
* both teams could not run the ball at all
Ingram 13 carries for 47 yards
Cleveland had less than 20 yards in total rushing
* I could not stop the long ball. Landry had three 40+ yard receptions
* more user injuries (Kamara this time) but the cpu seems to suffer very few injuries

Overall this game was a lot of fun. Immersion however still non existent in CFM. It's too bad because the game is a lot of fun right now.

Rudy
08-03-2018, 05:51 AM
Jarvis Landry with 3 40+ receptions is only realistic if he caught it within 10 yards of LOS and broke tackles. He’s virtually useless downfield as he’s small and slow.

jaymo76
08-03-2018, 11:12 AM
Jarvis Landry with 3 40+ receptions is only realistic if he caught it within 10 yards of LOS and broke tackles. He’s virtually useless downfield as he’s small and slow.

Nope all bombs in which he scorched the D.

jaymo76
08-06-2018, 03:28 AM
https://mixer.com/jaymo1976?vod=47396319

I do like the new intros but I just wish they had more depth to them. Also it seems like only a handful of stadiums have the new flyovers and outsides. New York and New Orleans don't have them :(

jaymo76
08-06-2018, 03:37 AM
So with my ten hours up I am actually leaning towards buying the game. I was actually having a lot of fun with the games and that's not been the case for a few years. I just wish TIBURON could figure out how to make an in-depth franchise experience that focuses on immersion...

Rudy
08-06-2018, 06:12 AM
One thing that had really frustrated me the last couple of years was the inability to get the ball to your outside WRs. Many of whom should be your best WR. It was so feast or famine out there. It was easier to hit the deep ball than throw curls or come back routes. I always found myself largely going deep outside and then featuring my slot on crossing routes. Became monotonous and annoying. Has this improved a lot?

And what about leaping cpu linebackers that can knock balls down over their heads and have eyes in the back of their heads in pass coverage?

jaymo76
08-06-2018, 05:33 PM
One thing that had really frustrated me the last couple of years was the inability to get the ball to your outside WRs. Many of whom should be your best WR. It was so feast or famine out there. It was easier to hit the deep ball than throw curls or come back routes. I always found myself largely going deep outside and then featuring my slot on crossing routes. Became monotonous and annoying.

Has this improved a lot? [/U]]YES! Now this was pre patch but I found the passing game was a lot easier.

And what about leaping cpu linebackers that can knock balls down over their heads and have eyes in the back of their heads in pass coverage? NO... this continues to be an issue year after year.

Rudy
08-06-2018, 07:09 PM
I wish we had a more robust set of sliders to adjust the game to our liking too. I’m guessing almost nothing has changed in this department? The ability to tone down swats (for leaping players - the old knockdown slider) or return blocking or cpu rb moves would be nice. Block movement vs insta shed would be great as well

cdj
08-07-2018, 04:35 PM
I'll be giving away some copies (PS4 & XB1) of M19 tonight on the TGT Twitter account if you haven't won or purchased a copy yet.

jaymo76
08-07-2018, 05:12 PM
Picked up the game last night. I'm okay with the purchase as I haven't bought a full priced madden title in awhile. Last night I played MUT for a bit. I just don't see the appeal. I guess it's just not my thing.

I also played game 5 of my Saints chise.

WAS REDSKINS 3 NO SAINTS (me) 10

This game was a dog! The cpu punted 7 times I punted 6 times. Neither side had any run game and my passing game struggled to beat the Skins Zone D. This was my first game since the patch and honestly it's a small sample size but I had more fun pre patch. However, it may have just been a bad game. Also, no Ingram, no Kamara and no Brees so my offense is struggling.

After the game I played weeith the formation subs a bit. I picked up Ryan Switzer in a trade with the Raiders in the preseason soo I will need to get him more involved in the offense. Also I picked up Ritchie Incognito in Free Agency to fill a hole on the left side. He's done a pretty good job thus far.

The Saints D is nasty (well that and the cpu has zero run game) but now at 5-0 we have a very good chance to go deep in the playoffs this year.

bdoughty
08-07-2018, 05:17 PM
I'll be giving away some copies (PS4 & XB1) of M19 tonight on the TGT Twitter account if you haven't won or purchased a copy yet.

https://i.imgur.com/EwYSsPb.gif

souljahbill
08-07-2018, 06:08 PM
#WhoDat

Rudy
08-07-2018, 08:56 PM
Got to admit the positive impressions are intriguing me.

jaymo76
08-07-2018, 10:05 PM
Got to admit the positive impressions are intriguing me.

I have enjoyed things for the most part but remember the staples in the madden franchise. Can you live with these things?

Leaping linebackers
Insta shed CPU D linemen
getting run down by slower cpu players
a lot of big hits which often jar the ball loose
cpu in zone D most of the game
incorrect commentary on a regular basis
no challenge system
almost no penalties
almost no immersion...

If you lower your expectations you will enjoy the game a lot more IMO.

Rudy
08-08-2018, 05:24 AM
Lol. Lowering expectations is key for many things.

bdoughty
08-08-2018, 06:56 PM
Preorderd digital version. Sucks that we Non-MUT, Standard Edition plebes have to wait longer to play. File this under the new "Moral Compass" being attached to the worlds largest magnet.

jaymo76
08-08-2018, 10:39 PM
Finished the longshot story last night and I agree with the reviewers. A very enjoyable Longshot Part I was followed up by a turd in part 2.

However, the one nice thing is that once Longshot is done you can go into a franchise mode with Devon Wade or MUT with Colt Cruise. I chose Wade and am continuing on with his journey. All it becomes though is a player franchise mode. The story itself is over.

jaymo76
08-10-2018, 01:05 AM
Lot's of enjoyment to be had but a few things are just killing the immersion for me.

Problems:
shoestring tackles in the backfield
a lot of interceptions
insta shed blocks
boatloads of WR dropping the ball when tackled... it's really bad actually
broken cpu play action (qb statues)
zero cpu run game

Rudy
08-10-2018, 05:19 AM
Lot's of enjoyment to be had but a few things are just killing the immersion for me.

Problems:
shoestring tackles in the backfield
a lot of interceptions
insta shed blocks
boatloads of WR dropping the ball when tackled... it's really bad actually
broken cpu play action (qb statues)
zero cpu run game

A lot of these issues are annual ones except insta sheds. I remember a few years ago I could call runs up the middle and NEVER lose yards. Double team blocks routinely knocked a defender 3+ yards downfield and an inside run was practically a money play.

It would be so nice to have a more robust set of sliders. Give us access to their tuning update files and let the user fix the game offline at least.

Been reading that gang tackling and real physics is pretty non existent now. Tackles are one on one and over the top.

bdoughty
08-10-2018, 08:13 AM
Only played a half but it looks stunning visually, except for the skinny players on the bench. Played as Atlanta @ Dallas All Pro. Picked Presscot off twice and should have had a third. Had no issue slinging around the field completing all 15 of my passes and was trouncing Dallas pretty good, outside of having absolutely no ability to run the ball. Really wish EA would give us more camera options if they are never going to give use custom cameras. Would even take the limited customization you get in FIFA. Love Zoom for running the ball and always flip to standard when passing because both Zoom options for passing just do not feel right as they are too low and far away from the receivers.

The problem with playing Madden and seeing how good it looks on the field, just makes me pine for a new NCAA game even more.

Rudy
08-10-2018, 09:21 AM
The lack of a user camera angle after it was in PS2 is so stupid. Every sports game at least gives you options to zoom in and out. I want a Tecmo Cam!

souljahbill
08-10-2018, 10:19 AM
The problem with playing Madden and seeing how good it looks on the field, just makes me pine for a new NCAA game even more.
Playing the 3 MUT challenges as Devin Wade at Texas in Madden 18 is torture. It looks sooooooo good and it’s heartbreaking that there’s no NCAA game.

bdoughty
08-11-2018, 09:08 AM
Been reading that gang tackling and real physics is pretty non existent now. Tackles are one on one and over the top.

Have seen my share of gang tackles in just a few games, so they do exist and appear on a regular basis. There are far too many over the top tackles in one on one situations.

jaymo76
08-11-2018, 02:16 PM
I'm continuing on with the CFM season and am now 9-0. While I'm still enjoying myself with this madden the most I have enjoyed a madden since madden 10, the stats on default all pro are scary. I held Cincy to 4 yards rushing a few games back. My D is again number 1 in every category and I am leading the league in sacks. I haven't had a major challenge since early in the season but I play the Eagles next so that will be interesting...

jaymo76
08-11-2018, 05:42 PM
Well done Madden Tiburon team... you convinced me that this year was a different year.... you got me. However it took game 10 in cfm to see the error in my ways. Nothing more fun than scripted losses!

Eagles (5-4)_ vs. Saints (9-0)

The whole pre game talks about how the Saints losing today would be a good thing.... that should have been the first sign...

Final score. EAGLES 30. Saints 3

Stats of notice:

Total yards Eagles 381 Saints 103 (50+ in last quarter of play)
Brees. 10/22 81 yards 2 int. 7 sacks!
Eagles pass D 3 interceptions total and 15 pass deflections!!!!!!!!!!
Jordan Hicks 8 tackles 1 sack 6 pass deflections!!!!!!!!!
Ingram. 11 carries for 30 yards and 1 fumble (14 yards on 1 carry so really 16 yards on 10 carries

Between both teams 26 tackles for a loss

souljahbill
08-11-2018, 05:50 PM
They’ll have patches and tuning updates until January. It’ll be a whole different game in 4 months.

Edit: Oh, when those predetermined loss games come up, I’ve learned to embrace them. On one hand, it’s frustrating to see your players not play like themselves but on the other hand, it makes sense that my team won’t be the same team ever week.

Rudy
08-11-2018, 07:17 PM
How about leading passes? Heard a lot of passes are underthrown and you can’t lead passes as well. Which really hurts if defenders warp to the ball.

jaymo76
08-11-2018, 09:57 PM
They’ll have patches and tuning updates until January. It’ll be a whole different game in 4 months.

Edit: Oh, when those predetermined loss games come up, I’ve learned to embrace them. On one hand, it’s frustrating to see your players not play like themselves but on the other hand, it makes sense that my team won’t be the same team ever week.

It’s just frustrating to know you cannot win based on skill its a cpu decision that you will lose. That’s crap IMO!

jaymo76
08-11-2018, 09:58 PM
How about leading passes? Heard a lot of passes are underthrown and you can’t lead passes as well. Which really hurts if defenders warp to the ball.

Biggest issue with passing is the low trajectory issue is back.

jaymo76
08-12-2018, 03:36 AM
Sadly, a game that I really liked in the beta I am liking less and less everyday now. There’s a lot of stuff that is driving me crazy and since that last patch the game has regressed significantly IMO I played another franchise game and interceptions and leaping line backs and insta sheds are just destroying the experience. I was having fun passing the basil and running the ball. In the last few days that is no longer the case. I don’t know what’s happened or why but I’m not impressed. I’ve made some clips and I just shake my head: crossing the goal line but being called down and then losing the challenge, linebackers jumping five feet in the air to intercept the ball, receivers not fighting for the ball, half of your runs going for losses, cpu qb running spinning throwing and completing their passes, 10-30 pass deflections per game (not exaggerating), great receiver dropping balls with any contact, zero boundary awareness, etc. Etc. Etc.

I don’t know I think I’m spoiled now with so many great games on the market. I guess I’m just not willing to overlook typical tiburon mediocrity anymore...

I still plan to finish the season but it’s tough. Bree’s has now thrown 8 interceptions in 2 games and been sacked 13 times.

bdoughty
08-12-2018, 05:14 AM
I was having fun passing the basil

Who wouldn't? It is one of the finest herbs out there and should be shared among all your family members. :P Not even Tiburon could fuck up basil.

They probably could.

Rudy
08-12-2018, 05:49 AM
Biggest issue with passing is the low trajectory issue is back.

http://youtu.be/MmZWZ_kEYAA

souljahbill
08-12-2018, 06:54 AM
Jay, I know this sounds like a stupid way to “play” the game but in Madden 17 and Madden 18, I played “GM Mode.” I did all the teambuilding stuff like signing/cutting players and drafting but I didn’t play the games. I didn’t even call the plays. I would either sim the game outright (preseason) or put the game on slow sim and have it on in the background while I did other things (regular season and playoffs).

A guy on YouTube does something similar and it’s one of his most popular series.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLhuAlOFGtjUjK85070-z1EfluTqAS8zW_

Edit: I didn’t proofread at all. 🤦🏾*♂️
I made edits to correct what I said.

jaymo76
08-12-2018, 01:56 PM
Who wouldn't? It is one of the finest herbs out there and should be shared among all your family members. :P Not even Tiburon could fuck up basil.

They probably could.

http://youtu.be/MmZWZ_kEYAA

Jay, I know this sounds like a stupid way to “play” the game but in Madden 17 and Madden 18, I played “GM Mode.” I did all the teambuilding stuff like signing/cutting players and drafting but I didn’t play the games. I didn’t even call it late. I would either aim the game outright or put the game on slow sim and have it on in the background while I did other things.

A guy on YouTube does something similar and it’s one of his most popular series.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLhuAlOFGtjUjK85070-z1EfluTqAS8zW_

Okay never go to a forum when you are raging. But last night I was angry at the cpu stuff. I’m refocused today so ill give it a go. I’m playing the hated Cowboys so we will see how it goes...

souljahbill
08-12-2018, 04:48 PM
I edited my previous post to actually make sense. I was multitasking so I didn’t proofread and my post was an abysmal mess. [emoji28]

jaymo76
08-12-2018, 05:04 PM
Played another 2 games today and won both but wasn’t enjoyable. There are just way too many interceptions. Honestly it’s like going back in time to madden 15.... no fighting for the ball, defenders jumping absurd heights, super linebackers, etc.

I had to bench Bree’s (after his 500th TD pass) as he had three straight interceptions on three passes. He ended the game 4-12 1 to 3 ints and a bunch of deflections/drops. On the bright side Ingram finally had a 100 yard rush game and 2 td’s to go along with it. I may bench Bree’s next game ... 11 ints in 4 games now...

bdoughty
08-12-2018, 07:56 PM
You know what is starting to annoy me? And it seems to get worse every year. Stop having every other cutscene showing the coaches. For one it is not realistic to a TV broadcast. Two you have to look at all the freakish looking sideline players all the time. They hired some guy a few years back who was supposed to fix this presentation.

jaymo76
08-13-2018, 12:38 AM
You know what is starting to annoy me? And it seems to get worse every year. Stop having every other cutscene showing the coaches. For one it is not realistic to a TV broadcast. Two you have to look at all the freakish looking sideline players all the time. They hired some guy a few years back who was supposed to fix this presentation.

Yes that and throwing the clipboard...

bdoughty
08-13-2018, 01:36 AM
Not only that it breaks the immersion and time you could be spending looking at the formations and adjusting.

I am not going to be that Ryan Moony dude but the smallest amount of time in instant replay will make you want to throw a clipboard. I kept wondering why the CPU could not run the ball but after seeing a few odd things I decided to hit the replay mode. They see a lane and instead of running to it, they warp into defenders that are remotely close to them. Saw this multiple times where I made a tackle that should not have been made. I was coming off a block in two cases, so obviously not in prime tackling position and they just warp into me, going away from the hole and almost doing a spin maneuver to make it look even worse.

jaymo76
08-13-2018, 02:46 AM
After all the negative saw a nice thing tonight. Kamari came back and I saw a graphic COMPARING RUN PRODUCTION WITH HIM VS WITHOUT HIM.

jaymo76
08-13-2018, 02:56 AM
Well that’s a first.... held Carolina to -9 yards...... :(

This game is in desperate need of patches and tuning updates.

jaymo76
08-13-2018, 03:51 PM
Well never done this before but honestly... I would not recommend buying this game. Out of the box it’s a dud. Just played a game where my receivers dropped 7 passes and the Carolina D had 16 pass deflections including 7 by the LOLB Shaw Thompson. Add to this the three ints thrown by Brees... one of the most accurate passers in football history.

The removal of physics has killed any semblance of realism. Only human players have rpm so the computer is back to moving in all directions, jumping record heights, seeing the ball whern not looking at it, etc. After the season is done I will play with the sliders and hopefully that will help but out of the box this game has become unplayable. How did it go from so good to absolute crap in two weeks???

bdoughty
08-13-2018, 05:51 PM
How did it go from so good to absolute crap in two weeks???

I think you just pulled a reverse "Beergoggles." Liquor up and it might start looking better. ;)

My biggest gripe is with the O-Line. There is always someone missing a block or getting shredded. It is almost like every D-Line and Linebacker core are Hall of Fame players and the O-Line is made up of Div3 College players, with a few NFL quality players scattered in.

jaymo76
08-13-2018, 07:32 PM
Man this game is trash. Another scripted loss where physics only exist for human players. Well done Tiburon! In my playoff game after I won the challenge it went to 1st and 66 yards....

Wagner caused 5 fumbles by launching and elbowing to the head yet there are no penalties. Brees fumbled three times on his 4 sacks.

Oh and the playoff half time show was awesome. It showed the NFC playoff tree and said the rams game would be good.... that was it. Wow!

jaymo76
08-13-2018, 09:30 PM
I think I'm going to give Armor and Sword's sliders a go for next season. If I can find some good game experience I'll keep going. If not I will be migrating back to my other games...

Rudy
08-14-2018, 07:54 AM
Why does RPM only affect user controlled ball carriers? Hearing complaints that cpu defenders use different physics than offensive players.

Amazon.ca had a decent deal today with the game at $64 but I don't think I'm biting. Too many negative reviews right now - particularly about dumb OL play, horrible cpu running and warping DBs picking off tons of passes. Plus super LBs are back.

Escobar
08-14-2018, 02:46 PM
I think I'm going to give Armor and Sword's sliders a go for next season. If I can find some good game experience I'll keep going. If not I will be migrating back to my other games...

You should try Matt10's sliders from OS. He has fixed the gameplay and animation issues. We finally have realistic football to replace NCAA '14. I've been streaming his sliders in my CFM on my YouTube channel. I'm about to get on and stream my final game of the season. My o-line is terrible and you can tell in the gameplay. He even got rid of the All-Madden cheapness. Going live now http://www.youtube.com/slickescobar

bdoughty
08-14-2018, 06:04 PM
You should try Matt10's sliders from OS. He has fixed the gameplay and animation issues. We finally have realistic football to replace NCAA '14. I've been streaming his sliders in my CFM on my YouTube channel. I'm about to get on and stream my final game of the season. My o-line is terrible and you can tell in the gameplay. He even got rid of the All-Madden cheapness. Going live now http://www.youtube.com/slickescobar

HOU - Houston. Cmon EA. HUS - Hussies. How do sliders fix he animation issues?

Escobar
08-14-2018, 09:09 PM
He found out a way certain penalty and gameplay sliders work together to influence the frequency of weird animations. I think it's because the Texans are HOU.

jaymo76
08-15-2018, 04:18 AM
Pretty funny stuff...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Tqvlcd7G1Gg

bdoughty
08-15-2018, 07:29 AM
https://i.imgur.com/U6XguT2.jpg

Rudy
08-15-2018, 09:02 AM
I didn't realize MUT made them $800M or whatever that figure displayed showed.

steelerfan
08-15-2018, 09:48 PM
Pretty funny stuff...

Probably the best Madden video I have ever seen. Fuck MUT.

jaymo76
08-16-2018, 04:23 AM
Season two legacy glitches:

* mentioning the 2017 season and not the last season I just played

* playing division rivals in preseason

bdoughty
08-16-2018, 05:57 PM
I am going to start my Franchise. Never liked using my teams in these games so I am going to roll with... The Detroit stinking Lions!

I have never believed in the Slider Gods, as personal taste varies and will edit stuff as I see fit, based on the games I am playing.

Rudy
08-16-2018, 07:17 PM
Welcome to Ford Field! That’s one thing that sucks about playing with the Lions or Saints like Jaymo, the indoor lighting has always been ugly compared to playing a game outdoors. Same for watching a real game too. Take the Browns lol. Fire all th coaches.

bdoughty
08-16-2018, 07:22 PM
Welcome to Ford Field! That’s one thing that sucks about playing with the Lions or Saints like Jaymo, the indoor lighting has always been ugly compared to playing a game outdoors. Same for watching a real game too. Take the Browns lol. Fire all th coaches.

You have a good point and I would rather play outdoors and not have to use Matt Stafford. I can't play with the Browns, it goes against everything I stand for. Sorry Baker. I want to stay in the NFC and since I hate the Cowboys, the natural choice would be the Redskins, Eagles or Giants. Giants are terrible, Eagles are too good. Looks like I am going with the Redskins.

I was considering relocation but after looking at all the locations and crappy uniforms, that was nixed.

jaymo76
08-16-2018, 08:41 PM
You have a good point and I would rather play outdoors and not have to use Matt Stafford. I can't play with the Browns, it goes against everything I stand for. Sorry Baker. I want to stay in the NFC and since I hate the Cowboys, the natural choice would be the Redskins, Eagles or Giants. Giants are terrible, Eagles are too good. Looks like I am going with the Redskins.

I was considering relocation but after looking at all the locations and crappy uniforms, that was nixed.

Go with the Bills!

Rudy
08-16-2018, 09:09 PM
Go with the Bills!

Bite your tongue!

Take the Bears. Iconic, Soldier Field, crappy but with a young QB.

bdoughty
08-16-2018, 09:24 PM
Sticking with the Redskins. I like Alex Smith and will trade Colt McCoy for a Whooper, Fries and Coke.

SmoothPancakes
08-16-2018, 09:56 PM
Sticking with the Redskins. I like Alex Smith and will trade Colt McCoy for a Whooper, Fries and Coke.

Is that like a really spicy, really hot Whopper?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

bdoughty
08-16-2018, 10:01 PM
:blush: To be fair looking at the ND/Yankee uniform combo from hell has wrecked my brain a bit. I would honestly trade him for the Fries and a small water.

bdoughty
08-16-2018, 10:18 PM
Trying to think what my Slider set should be called and if I could trademark it and sell back to EA. My personal sliders, "based on early testing" will fix their game, animations, enhance the halftime show and add three new features to the Franchise mode.

Boomer and Sooners Super Sliders Set of Superior Sliding Senseless Statistical Suppremacy

Feels a bit long but catchy.

bdoughty
08-17-2018, 12:02 AM
My sliders are so good they are fixing issues with other games on my hard drive. Bloaters in SOD2 no longer appear in the road out of nowhere. :nod::smh::P

unfortunately there are side effects...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfKuKpo_I-g

jaymo76
08-17-2018, 01:12 AM
Trying to think what my Slider set should be called and if I could trademark it and sell back to EA. My personal sliders, "based on early testing" will fix their game, animations, enhance the halftime show and add three new features to the Franchise mode.

Boomer and Sooners Super Sliders Set of Superior Sliding Senseless Statistical Suppremacy

Feels a bit long but catchy.

All jokes aside, I’m not seeing a lot of difference with sliders. As per madden history, sliders tend to have minimal impact.

bdoughty
08-17-2018, 02:14 AM
All jokes aside, I’m not seeing a lot of difference with sliders. As per madden history, sliders tend to have minimal impact.

That is exactly the case and also why I joke about Sliders and the Guru's every year. I pushed up pass blocking and run blocking from 50 to 75 to test and LB's and DE's just are still smeared with Crisco and one will slip by almost untouched every play. I have seen better holes to run through as long as I do not get tackled in the backfield before hitting it. Still not liking the player movement and running backs feel like they are stuck in mud at times. Feels off and not fluid.

The one that really shows what little effort is placed on certain areas of the gameplay is the kicking game. With all the new kickoff rules, like players having to wait for the kicker to kick before moving, one would expect to see a little more in the average return. You catch the ball and sprint, "or what Tiburon calls a sprint" and then get met by 3 or 4 players who slipped past their blocks each time at the same place you met in Madden 18, 17, etc, etc.

Rudy
08-17-2018, 05:39 AM
The Madden team at EA hasn’t given a shit about sliders in years. Those don’t impact online play or the millions in MUT money coming in. NBA 2K has tons of sliders. Madden should provide us with many more options and make the sliders work better. But there are probably very few people at Tiburon that care about that. Maybe they are worried about losing future sales if they allow to much customization. Either way it has always been frustrating. Just look at how they wouldn’t separate special teams sliders in franchise mode for years!

SmoothPancakes
08-17-2018, 01:35 PM
The Madden team at EA hasn’t given a shit about sliders in years. Those don’t impact online play or the millions in MUT money coming in. NBA 2K has tons of sliders. Madden should provide us with many more options and make the sliders work better. But there are probably very few people at Tiburon that care about that. Maybe they are worried about losing future sales if they allow to much customization. Either way it has always been frustrating. Just look at how they wouldn’t separate special teams sliders in franchise mode for years!

Hell, NBA 2K is ADDING a ton more sliders this year that go beyond just gameplay, they actually have off the court effects on your My GM/My League franchises. We can't even get Madden to add new gameplay sliders, while NBA 2K is adding NON-gameplay sliders for the sole reason of giving gamers more freedom to customize their My GM/My League to their heart's content.

jaymo76
08-17-2018, 01:44 PM
The scary thing with Tiburon is they clearly don't know how their sliders work and impact the game.

Rudy
08-17-2018, 05:41 PM
The scary thing with Tiburon is they clearly don't know how their sliders work and impact the game.

I remember when they said the old knockdown slider didn’t affect DB play. Ridiculous. It was supposed to only affect how often a DL knocked down a pass at the line of scrimmage but it also affected DBs and their swat radius. It was actually fantastic how you could adjust the results of good coverage. NCAA also had the RB ability slider which you could boost to make the cpu RBs more dangerous. Never in Madden.

bdoughty
08-18-2018, 12:14 AM
Finally decided to scrap the Redskins project and at the very least get a little fun out of the game, with a small NCAA twist. Taking over Jacksonville, who does not deserve the franchise and will be relocating them to Oklahoma City, who also does not deserve a franchise but serves a purpose. I have meticulously scoured through the rosters and have an roster than is around 75% former OU players. The rest I filled with Texas Tech, Kansas State and one guy from NDSU, because you need a guy from NDSU on your roster. I then tweaked each of the players so they would end up being around an 80 overall team. The goal is to create the Oklahoma/Texas rivalry with Houston. I will play the one year in Jacksonville and then on to OKC. Also planned to make the Houston Texas team full of Longhorn players but they have been so crap the past few years, would have required too much editing and rating Longhorn players way too high above their base.

souljahbill
08-18-2018, 12:16 AM
That sounds interesting

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bdoughty
08-19-2018, 09:02 AM
It has definitely broken the announcers with all the trades and moves I had to do to the roster. I just am not enjoying playing this game. Would rather be playing something else, anything else. Maybe I will wait for a patch or some serious tuning.

jaymo76
08-19-2018, 03:18 PM
It has definitely broken the announcers with all the trades and moves I had to do to the roster. I just am not enjoying playing this game. Would rather be playing something else, anything else. Maybe I will wait for a patch or some serious tuning.

The patch can fix some aspects of gameplay but it cannot make the game fun for CFM. This was the “year of franchise.” Condsiering how little was done can you imagine what it’s like when they don’t focus on franchise.... oh right...

souljahbill
08-19-2018, 03:33 PM
Y’all should just start waiting for the $20 Super Bowl sale. The game is all patched up and you pay 1/3 of the price.

bdoughty
08-19-2018, 05:46 PM
Y’all should just start waiting for the $20 Super Bowl sale. The game is all patched up and you pay 1/3 of the price.

If only I had the willpower. Had an NCAA game existed I probably could have gone that route since my true love is college football.

SmoothPancakes
08-19-2018, 09:56 PM
If only I had the willpower. Had an NCAA game existed I probably could have gone that route since my true love is college football.

The one and literally only reason I still have my 360 hooked up. So I can play NCAA Football 14. Otherwise, that thing would probably be buried in a box somewhere.

jaymo76
08-19-2018, 11:05 PM
I’m encountering a weird glitch re: formation subs and injuries. My #2 brees is hurt and he has multiple formations as primary back. However in the last two games when I check out his formations it should show Kamara but it shows the number 0. If I select the play my starting ROLB is in the backfield as the RB. WTF?

souljahbill
08-20-2018, 04:04 PM

College football is my love too. That’s why I have no problem at all waiting for the Super Bowl sale. Pro ball is so same-y that I have no desire to shell out $60 for a game I’m not feeling beforehand and I know needs 10 patches at launch.

Rudy
08-20-2018, 06:43 PM
At least they released the game early enough that the first big patch will be shortly after the season starts. In the last few years you had to wait until October and some bugs really hurt it.

bdoughty
08-23-2018, 09:53 AM
So we get a patch. Finally say screw it and play with Pittsburgh. I miss a tackle and the QB does this... On All-Pro with the sliders untouched.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_ujMNAOKGc

Rudy
08-23-2018, 10:23 AM
I've read that this is a big issue with Madden. Cpu runners don't simply run to daylight. They use a ton of special moves and run to darkness lol. Every time I see stuff like this it makes it so much easier to pass on the game.

gigemaggs99
08-24-2018, 02:06 PM
Yikes, I was thinking of going out today and picking up Madden 19, seeing things like this gameplay video from bdoughty makes me think I should save my money.

Instead of $60 + tax for a messed up Madden, I could buy a refurbished Xbox 360 for $80 and a copy of NCAA 14 used for around $30, plus I'd have a college football game :-)

bdoughty
08-24-2018, 08:38 PM
The only fun I have had with this games was based on one setting switch last night. Switched it to Arcade. Runners no longer feel like they are running in mud. I am getting better holes and it's just more fun. CPU running seems better early but jury is still out. Player movement seems crisper and more responsive. Less weighted down by the new physics. Now for sim heads this would probably be blasphemous but for me enjoyable gameplay far outweighs simulated stats.

I am going to find a way to get my moneys worth one way or another.

bdoughty
08-26-2018, 07:27 AM
Adrian Peterson in the FA Pool? I have just completed my Steeler/Sooner monster. Ben is still starting but I have Bradford as a backup and Landry was already there to hold the clipboard. Had to release Bell for CAP reasons but I should be fine with Peterson and Perine. Both starting tackles (T Williams and Johnson) and TE's are Sooners (Gresham and Andrews). Fullback Sooner (Ripkowski). Second and Third WR's are Sooners (Stills and Shepard). Only two Sooners starting on defense at DT (McCoy) and CB (Colvin) but there are five more second on the depth chart. Trying to find a way to trade my punter for Tress Way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4HOjT5rBHc

Might have bumped up Peterson's stats a bit. I was going for 2012 AD, since he was replacing Bell. ;)

214 rushing yards in a opening day slaughter of the Browns, 41-17. Ben threw for 5TD's and 350 yards. Four of those went to Brown. Only gave up 17 points but we got shredded for 350 in the air with only 60 on the ground, mostly to Taylor on QB scambles. Trying to play from the defensive perspective has caused more than a few big gains because switching players can cause some hillarious dives no where near a runner. I do have all the switching assists on but does not work well with this camera. Probably need to just stay locked into my LB and only switch when absolutely necessary.

gigemaggs99
08-26-2018, 10:25 AM
So here's my question? Is this game worth getting?

I see reviews online that give it 8.9/10, 8/10, 80% positive, but when I go on my Xbox and go to the store it has hundreds of 1star rating and many people saying they wish they could rate it 0 stars. I think on Xbox it has something like 2/5 stars.

It's wild how on metacritic it gets an 83 from metacritic but users give it 3.5???
http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-one/madden-nfl-19

So I'm confused as to if it's a good game or not why such high praise on some sites and horrible reviews on others? Is the truth somewhere in the middle?

gigemaggs99
08-26-2018, 05:48 PM
First update, kids and I love football too much not to buy the game. Went to Target and bought it,

Trying to upload the video:

first game: I'm running right out of the pocket to hit my TE on a crossing route, my QB throws the ball 40 yards back to the right, defense controlled by my son picks it up and takes it to the house for 6.

second game: I pick the ball off with my MLB over the middle, the animation shows my MLB making a diving catch, he catches the ball in mid-air and lands in the endzone for what should have been an INT but it's ruled a Safety?? :fp:

Other those to examples, game looks and sounds great.

gigemaggs99
08-26-2018, 07:18 PM
Hopefully this will work:

https://1drv.ms/v/s!Aiws5cNBOLfflE3vuxktKaevRZDQ

bdoughty
08-26-2018, 08:04 PM
Worked for me. Gotta embrace the wonkiness, otherwise you will pull your hair out. I never run play action anymore, someone is always right in my face before I even finish the animation.

gigemaggs99
08-26-2018, 08:56 PM
Worked for me. Gotta embrace the wonkiness, otherwise you will pull your hair out. I never run play action anymore, someone is always right in my face before I even finish the animation.

The wild thing is my 7 year old, who I was playing asks, "Dad how did you throw it like that...and why?"

I was like...ummmmm yeah...

jaymo76
08-26-2018, 10:20 PM
So here's my question? Is this game worth getting?

I see reviews online that give it 8.9/10, 8/10, 80% positive, but when I go on my Xbox and go to the store it has hundreds of 1star rating and many people saying they wish they could rate it 0 stars. I think on Xbox it has something like 2/5 stars.

It's wild how on metacritic it gets an 83 from metacritic but users give it 3.5???
http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-one/madden-nfl-19

So I'm confused as to if it's a good game or not why such high praise on some sites and horrible reviews on others? Is the truth somewhere in the middle?

Honestly I regret the purchase. The game has no polish as it's taken a big step back from 18; franchise mode is still boring; presentation and commentary are really questionable at times. The Madden reviews are trash but so are the user reviews putting the game at 3.5. Honestly this game is a consistent 6.5/10. Average game that is incredibly stale.

bdoughty
08-27-2018, 08:06 AM
Honestly I regret the purchase. The game has no polish as it's taken a big step back from 18; franchise mode is still boring; presentation and commentary are really questionable at times. The Madden reviews are trash but so are the user reviews putting the game at 3.5. Honestly this game is a consistent 6.5/10. Average game that is incredibly stale.

Pretty much. The game needs a overhaul in every area. Problem is they are not going to put any serious effort into the base game as we are nearing the end of this generation. As long as people are willing to pay out the ass for MUT coins, they have no reason to spend a bunch of manpower updating the franchise, AI, presentation, etc until the PS5/XB2. While competition is never a guarantee that a publisher/developer will be pushed to make a better game, it sure as heck would not hurt. Especially considering how long Madden has had no competition.

Rudy
08-27-2018, 09:36 AM
People expecting anything more than small, incremental changes or a change in online $ making are going to be disappointed. When they moved from Rex to Clint I didn't expect any major changes. Just an in-house promotion to a guy that was probably very similar. I think the game needs a new voice to change the direction. I've said the same thing about MLB the Show. You need some new blood to shake things up, inspire and try things differently or the game feels stale.

gigemaggs99
08-27-2018, 01:48 PM
Call me crazy but I've often wondered if these graphic design companies aren't all related? They will say something like, "This new version has our new game engine Ignite, or now it's Frostbite"...but I wonder are those companies really different companies or did they just change names or owners and the employees are still the same?

It is wild how when a new game engine is introduced it's supposed to be the next best thing, then a NEW improved version comes a long a year or two later...why if they are so awesome and so revolutionary do they be antiquated so quickly? Are they all really one and done or do they raise their fees and prices so much that EA goes out shopping for the "next best, lower cost option?"

As far as needing new improvements and different game options I don't really care much on that, I'm old school. I like franchise mode and I like to play "play now games" with my kids, and online with my buddies. MUT isn't my first game option although I might mess with it this year as I enjoy Fifa UT.

The things that blow my mind are things like I posted, how on earth does he "fumble" or throw it backwards 40+ yards? Why do WRs run AWAY from blocking on outside runs? Why does a DB back away from the WR when he's coming towards them and he could prevent a TD? These things didn't happen in older versions of Madden so I'm just not understanding why they are happening now?

Older versions also had more content in Franchise mode, why do they remove things only to wait until the new Madden comes out on PS5 or Xb2 and have "all these new awesome game-changing features." On older Franshise you could change uniforms, change ticket prices, food prices, stadium upgrades, etc...

When it comes down to it, I'm not asking for all bunch of options and game modes, but I would like to see things like -40 fumble throws removed, it wasn't in past versions of the game, why have it now? I'd like to have a solid football game, if they made one without strange errors and then the only yearly changes were roster updates I'd probably go back to the version with least amount of bugs. I think it's cool to have the up-to-date rosters and stadiums but if I could play with out of date rosters and no strange game play issues, I'd pass on the rosters.

bdoughty
08-27-2018, 05:23 PM
People expecting anything more than small, incremental changes or a change in online $ making are going to be disappointed. When they moved from Rex to Clint I didn't expect any major changes. Just an in-house promotion to a guy that was probably very similar. I think the game needs a new voice to change the direction. I've said the same thing about MLB the Show. You need some new blood to shake things up, inspire and try things differently or the game feels stale.

Real change starts at the top. The guy at the top of EA, Andrew Wilson, was the lead producer of FIFA when they first hatched FUT. So his rise to the top came off the back of all those micro-transactions.

souljahbill
09-18-2018, 07:20 PM
https://youtu.be/qqoa2Sjgs80
[emoji24]

Escobar
03-05-2019, 12:25 PM
in case anyone is wondering how much better the game plays when you have a proper slider set I will be streaming my 2025 franchise game in about 30 minutes. I use Matt10 from OperationSports version 24 All-Madden sliders. The latest patch has screwed up some of the gameplay again, but it's miles better than what the game played like without sliders. http://www.youtube.com/slickescobar

cdj
03-14-2019, 10:06 AM
A game update will be available today to address the 'fall forward' bug introduced in a previous update.