PDA

View Full Version : Week 2, 2012

Oneback
10-04-2010, 06:49 PM
=============== #6 Oklahoma Sooners (1-0) ===============
Last week, Oklahoma won 59-0 against UL Lafayette (0-1).
This week, the Sooners will host Kansas (1-0).
In recruiting news, the following Oklahoma targets have announced their decisions:
- (*****) MLB Josh Moss has committed to Alabama
- (****) WR Derek Moyer has committed to Baylor
- (****) TE Bobby Harmon has committed to Texas Tech
- (***) LOLB Maurice Washington has committed to Oklahoma
- (****) LE Nathan Smith has committed to Oklahoma
- (****) LE Antonio Smith has committed to Oklahoma

=============== #20 Clemson Tigers (1-0) ===============
Last week, Clemson won 44-6 against ECU (0-1).
This week, the Tigers travel to Ann Arbor to face the #9 Michigan Wolverines (1-0).
In recruiting news, the following Clemson targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) LG Joe Gaddis has committed to Clemson
- (*****) WR Dwayne James has committed to Florida
- (*****) WR Ronnie Holley has committed to Florida State

=============== #8 Florida State Seminoles (1-0) ===============
Last week, Florida State won 65-0 against Air Force (0-1).
This week, the Seminoles travel to Tampa to face the USF Bulls (0-0).
In recruiting news, the following Florida State targets have announced their decisions:

=============== #3 Miami Hurricanes (1-0) ===============
Last week, Miami won 82-3 against Florida Atlantic (0-1).
This week, the Hurricanes travel to Chestnut Hill to face the Boston College Eagles (0-0).
In recruiting news, the following Miami targets have announced their decisions:
- (*****) MLB Chauncey Dukes has committed to Texas

=============== #9 Michigan Wolverines (1-0) ===============
Last week, Michigan won 49-17 against Rutgers (0-1).
This week, the Wolverines will host #20 Clemson (1-0).
In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) LE Nathan Smith has committed to Oklahoma

=============== #7 Ohio State Buckeyes (1-0) ===============
Last week, Ohio State won 55-0 against Wyoming (0-1).
This week, the Buckeyes will host Arizona (0-0).
In recruiting news, the following Ohio State targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) HB Victor Riley has committed to Rutgers

=============== #1 Penn State Nittany Lions (1-0) ===============
Last week, Penn State won 28-24 against USC (0-1).
This week, the Nittany Lions travel to Austin to face the #2 Texas Longhorns (1-0).
In recruiting news, the following Penn State targets have announced their decisions:
- (*****) HB Scott Clark has committed to Penn State

=============== Oregon Ducks (1-0) ===============
Last week, Oregon won 31-3 against Kansas State (0-1).
This week, the Ducks travel to Pullman to face the Washington State Cougars (1-0).
In recruiting news, the following Oregon targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) WR Derek Moyer has committed to Baylor
- (****) LT Lionel Meyer has committed to Washington

=============== #10 USC Trojans (0-1) ===============
Last week, USC lost 28-24 against Penn State (1-0).
This week, the Trojans are idle.
In recruiting news, the following USC targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) QB Matt Woods has committed to USC

=============== #13 Virginia Tech Hokies (1-0) ===============
Last week, Virginia Tech won 35-17 against Akron (0-1).
This week, the Hokies travel to Pittsburgh to face the #17 Pittsburgh Panthers (0-0).

=============== #2 Texas Longhorns (1-0) ===============
Last week, Texas won 52-10 against Arkansas (0-1).
This week, the Longhorns will host #1 Penn State (1-0).
In recruiting news, the following Texas targets have announced their decisions:
- (*****) MLB Chauncey Dukes has committed to Texas

=============== #5 Wisconsin Badgers (1-0) ===============
Last week, Wisconsin won 52-14 against Connecticut (0-1).
This week, the Badgers will host Ball State (0-0).
In recruiting news, the following Wisconsin targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) LOLB Adam Herman has committed to Auburn

Oneback
10-04-2010, 07:08 PM
Escobar,

From the other thread, 10pm works.

texacotea
10-04-2010, 07:54 PM
boo dropping in rankings.....to a inferior opponent :)

psusnoop
10-04-2010, 07:57 PM
boo dropping in rankings.....to a inferior opponent :)

One can only hope to get that ultimate rematch this year.

psusnoop
10-04-2010, 07:59 PM
Papa and me are going to play tonight it appears.

JeffHCross
10-04-2010, 08:24 PM
One can only hope to get that ultimate rematch this year.Ahem. I do not hope for that.

Though it was slightly ego-boosting to realize that my only losses were to the NC competitors.

JeffHCross
10-04-2010, 08:28 PM
Papa and me are going to play tonight it appears.It's completely up to you two, but no need to rush. Unless Papa has a night off from work, there's no way he and I will match up schedules until Friday at the earliest.

Iron Dragon
10-04-2010, 08:37 PM
Wow, Kansas' starting QB is their punter and backup K. Also they scored on two big plays early so they lead 14-0

Iron Dragon
10-04-2010, 09:18 PM
Kansas had alot of luck in the 1st quarter with really crazy plays, and bad calls.. but OU wins 35-14.

Kansas blitzed and jumped the snap about every play, they blitzed probably every play.. so what did I do? Burn the clock and wear them out with Jermie Calhoun.

Landry Jones went 13-for-22 for 165 yards, a TD and an INT (a caught pass by Millard, tipped into the air, tipped again, off a helmet and perfectly into a defenders hands in the 1st). Jones also forced a fumble. :D

Jermie Calhoun took 47 carries for 222 yards and 4 TDs. He caught one pass for eight yards. Yes, 47 carries. But it was a hard to pass out of anything that wasn't the shotgun and Calhoun just pounded away at their blitz.

Erik Richardson caught 3 passes for 49 yards, Jaz Reynolds 3-32, TD. Kenny Stills 2-36. Huffman 2-23.

Genon Grissom had 6 tackles, TFL. We forced 4 fumbles, and recovered two.

A terrible first quarter performance but we turned it around and overcome two early turnovers to run away from the blitzing Jayhawks.

texacotea
10-04-2010, 09:20 PM
Miami survives a 21 point outburts from BC and win the game on a FG 31-28. My oline has been abused the past two games. Both DTs were in the 80s did you mess with anything OB?

RcSinger
10-04-2010, 09:31 PM
Game looked Competitive Early
VT puts up a sccore with 3:40 left in the first
Pitt Answers the TD, but misses the Extra Point
Game stays deadlocked throughout most of the second Quarter until
VT scores a TD with just over 1 min to go
Third Quarter was dominated by VT, Claiming a Rushing and a defensive (INT) Touchdown
Pitt gets in hurry up mode and scores an 89 yard pass play, 2 point Conversion good.
Pitt gets the Onsides kick, but throws a pick 2 plays later
VT Fumbles the ball back to pitt
Pitt throws another pick
VT Seals the deal with a 50 yard rushing TD

This was pretty much dominated by VT, yet Pitt somehow kept hanging around
V.T. At Pitt
35 Score 14
18 FD 4
402 Tot Off 292
41-195 4 R-Y-TD 23-64-1
16-26-0 C-A-TD 13-25-1
207 Pass YDG 228
9-13 3rd D 3-13
0-0 4th D 0-2
0-0 2pt cnv 1-1
3 TO 4
2 Fum L 1
1 Int'd 3
439 Tot YDG 397
19:58 TOP 12:02

Stat's not incredibly biased outside of the score andd Total Offense. VT pounded the ball much more than did Pitt although the Boilers did pull off a few bug runs.
Big Story, Ju Ju Clayton, starting QB gets injured in the 2nd QTR and the backup leads the way for the rest of the game.
Starting QB was 7 of 9 with a 130 QB rating when he went down
Backup ended 7 of 15 with a 104 rating.

Freshman Running back got some reps and had a big day, running for 103 yards.

I am pretty sure that I got away with stepping 2 1/2 feet across the O-O-B line and ran for a 50 yard TD anyway. I Saved the replay.

Oneback
10-04-2010, 09:46 PM
Miami survives a 21 point outburts from BC and win the game on a FG 31-28. My oline has been abused the past two games. Both DTs were in the 80s did you mess with anything OB?

Haven't touched the sliders since early last season.

JeffHCross
10-04-2010, 10:31 PM
Ohio State throws an early pick and finds themselves down 7-3 after the first quarter, but a fumble on Arizona's first 2nd quarter drive turned the tide. The Buckeyes went into the half leading 12-7 and finished with a 33-7 victory.

Pepe Pearson rushes for 139 yards and 2 TDs to lead the Buckeyes offense. More importantly, every Ohio State player is healthy going into the visit from Texas.

True Freshman MLB Andy "Big Kat" Katzenmoyer forced, and recovered, a fumble on the opening play of the 2nd half, leading to the touchdown that sealed the Ohio State victory.

psusnoop
10-04-2010, 10:53 PM
Texas and PSU about to kick off.

Kingpin32
10-04-2010, 11:15 PM
The fate of the Pac-10 rests on Papa's shoulders lol.

Oneback
10-05-2010, 12:02 AM
Again, good game Escobar. Michigan downs Clemson 37-14.

Kingpin32
10-05-2010, 12:12 AM
So will I be the last person left? If so, I'll try to get my replay in when I get off at 2 (though it would be tough with my 8am class tomorrow), so we can advance in the morning.

psusnoop
10-05-2010, 12:30 AM
PSU downs Texas 37-31 in OT.

Can't stress it enough, what a game Papa!

That was thrilling from start to finish. Back and forth, missing a game winning 46yd fg as time expired (wasn't thrilled with that). I got real lucky if you watch the vids on my first possesion in OT I hit Schroder in the Endzone but barley missing the MLB who normally would have picked that ball. About two plays earlier on third down I caught a tipped pass for a first down to put me inside the 10 as well.

Crazy fun thrilling game. Well played Papa.

* It was such a battle that I lost my starting RB for the Year (Beachum) to a broken collarbone and I also lost my starting QB (Newsome) for 5 weeks with broken ribs.

Time to go into practice mode a little bit before the next game.

Kingpin32
10-05-2010, 12:36 AM
I think I put too much pressure on Papa.

Papa LoneStar
10-05-2010, 01:05 AM
lol @ Kingpin....I know one thing....I'm tired of losing leads late. I was up on USC last year 31-21 with 6 minutes left in the game. Lost 35-31. I was up against PSU 21-10 with about 4 minutes left in the 3rd....lose 37-31 in OT. Chris Simms....I mean Garrett Gilbert....I mean my hands have got to stop turning the ball over. Whaley had 19 carries....unacceptable for a one possession game. I must say....I am impressed with how Snoop walked into the #4 and #1 toughest place to play and won back-to-back....VERY impressive.

Escobar
10-05-2010, 02:06 AM
Good Game OneBack. 3 Early fumbles, 2 of which were returned for TD's killed any momentum Clemson tried to start. And we continued to struggle all game. I'm not confident in my receivers. I only have two who I feel can get open and make plays not including my TE's.

Oneback
10-05-2010, 07:18 AM
I could tell early on that you didn't have a lot of confidence in your passing game and continued to bring my rover down into the box all game. That 77 yard run that you had with Boyd I had my 3rd down pass coverage unit in the game which promptly got ran over, then on the late drive I played pretty conservative and ended up giving up another score. After last years game where there were a lot of fireworks on offense this game was completely opposite where neither of us really moved the ball that well. I just couldn't seem to get my running game going, although with facing 9 man fronts I knew it was going to be tough.

That long run by Boyd though got me off my game for a series however...I looked back after the game and thought if only I would have brought in my base nickle package we could have stopped you from converting that 3rd down play for a 77 yard run and would have held you under 180 yards for the game.

My defense really stepped up in the game, played solid pass defense and forcing 4 fumbles and 3 sacks, now on to USC at the Rose Bowl next week.

Great game again.

psuexv
10-05-2010, 08:06 AM
That Texas/PSU game sounds like a dandy. Anyone record it?

psusnoop
10-05-2010, 08:08 AM
With the Big 10 off to a 2-0 start against the Pac 10 this next week could be interesting. A chance for the Pac 10 to redeem itself or will they completely cave in and throw in the towel this year?

Texas at Ohio State

Michigan at USC

psusnoop
10-05-2010, 08:09 AM
That Texas/PSU game sounds like a dandy. Anyone record it?

I did not record it. I need to splurge and by a HAVA HD so I can record in HD because I hate just hate playing in SD. Makes pass defense tougher in my opinion. Might be an early Christmas gift for myself.

psusnoop
10-05-2010, 08:10 AM
It was one hell of a game, but things are going to be interesting with the injuries.

I also wrote up a lengthy article on Dynasty Wire too.

psuexv
10-05-2010, 08:48 AM
So are we advancing tonight? Oneback - what's your schedule look like for the week? I should be available any day this week after 9EST.

Oneback
10-05-2010, 09:14 AM
We should be advancing tonight. I am available after 9-10pm central every night. If you need to go sooner than that let me know and I'll see what I can work out.

psuexv
10-05-2010, 09:18 AM
That should work out well.

Oneback
10-05-2010, 11:01 AM
That should work out well.

We may have to play tomorrow night. I only got 4 hours of sleep last night and I am really starting to feel it now. I'll let you know if things improve by this evening. Due to Jeff and Papa's schedule we will probably have until this weekend to play so I'm not too worried about holding things up.

psuexv
10-05-2010, 11:06 AM
That's fine. That's kind of why I didn't put a day out there yet. If we play tonight then we are sitting until Friday at the earliest, might need to break it up a little.

fsuprime
10-05-2010, 11:08 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_HJrGkCIwYOg/S1J2R-gF9EI/AAAAAAAAR6o/cAi_gA7jqGE/s400/conan_schwarzenegger-thumb-550x350-19349.jpg

Papa LoneStar
10-05-2010, 11:50 AM
lmao @ Prime

psuexv
10-05-2010, 12:00 PM
Prime where did you get my picture? This was from a photo shoot I did for www.hornedhats.com. They had to photoshop my arms and make them smaller.

Oneback
10-05-2010, 04:44 PM
Leaving in 15 min, it should take me about a hour to an hour and a half to drive home.