PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Recruiting Thread

Oneback
10-03-2010, 01:30 PM
A new year has started.

Iron Dragon
10-03-2010, 01:37 PM
I need a QB. I think there are like 6 5*s.

JeffHCross
10-03-2010, 03:04 PM
Despite my best efforts, I might have to end up with a Steve Bellisari this year ... ugh.

This is pretty much the exact recruiting roll I wasn't hoping for. Needed a huge year on the defense and a few key positions on offense. Pretty much none of my needs are going to be easy ... and most of the guys I'd be in a competition for is against half the dynasty, not just one or two guys. Not yet sure what I'm going to do.

fsuprime
10-03-2010, 03:11 PM
watching texas makes me want to restrict recruiting to only 1 or 2 players over how many we have leaving lol

besides the QB position i feel pretty good, though i will have battles with many users so it could turn out terrible.

Iron Dragon
10-03-2010, 03:24 PM
watching texas makes me want to restrict recruiting to only 1 or 2 players over how many we have leaving lol

besides the QB position i feel pretty good, though i will have battles with many users so it could turn out terrible.

I've only recruited the same amount of players I've lost the last two years.. never had to make a single cut.

fsuprime
10-03-2010, 03:34 PM
i was mainly joking, i think he only signed like 14 last season, it is a lot better than years past numbers wise which is cool. im 4 under my limit right now and i dont think papa can bare to cut a long horn :o

Papa LoneStar
10-03-2010, 03:42 PM
I'm at 63....never been close to 70....I wanted to concetrate on [4star] and [3star] this season....but I couldn't help myself....just a ton of good prospects this year (besides that scrub at #1)....so what I did was go over my "comfortable" recruiting board number to see how I look going into week 2....then I'll start removing some guys and look at the lower rated prospects. I really wanted to concetrate on my WRs, OL, and DL....and they sure took care of my WR need since I have so many juniors.

Kingpin32
10-03-2010, 03:44 PM
I definitely need some WR. All of mine are all RSJr with the exception of the 2 I recruited last year. I think I'm good at QB for this year and next year. There aren't any good ones that is interested in Oregon that fit with my scheme.

JeffHCross
10-03-2010, 04:10 PM
watching texas makes me want to restrict recruiting to only 1 or 2 players over how many we have leaving lolI'd be genuinely shocked if any of us are going over by more than 3 ... and certainly not before the offseason (personally, I think the offseason shouldn't factor into any "total" amount since it can't be predicted.

With the competition we've had from the CPU and among users, I don't think any of us have had a chance to stack the deck ... even Texas and USC.

Oneback
10-03-2010, 04:16 PM
I've only got 59 players on my roster, 14 are Seniors. Need another recruiting season like last seasons.

Iron Dragon
10-03-2010, 04:30 PM
Oklahoma starts off strong with:

[espnu150][4star] #6 DE Antonio Smith - 6'2", 245lbs
Analysis: Looks like a possible LB/DE hybrid with his skills favoring a DE position, but can also do a bit of pass coverage as well.

[4star] #13 DE Nathan Smith - 6'6", 235lbs
Analysis: Detroit's Nathan Smith will be a Sooner next year. Smith is a straight up TFL man. He knows how to get through the line of scrimmage. Not alot of speed, but deadly acceleration. Just how we like 'em.

[3star] OLB #28 Maurice Washington - 6'1" 217lbs
Analysis: A balanced coverage LB who knows how to stop the run. Would like to see him bulk up a little though.

Oneback
10-03-2010, 04:41 PM
Dragon,

Your killing with Nathan Smith, plucking him out of my backyard like that.

Iron Dragon
10-03-2010, 04:43 PM
Also what position could the #1 recruit seriously be? B- Hit power and B- Pass Block are his best skills.. He's 5'11" and 202lbs. Way too small for a lineman. How did he get to be #1? A FB/LB/S/useless hybrid?

Iron Dragon
10-03-2010, 04:46 PM
Dragon,

Your killing with Nathan Smith, plucking him out of my backyard like that.

He's a really underrated by his position rank, his skills and size are very nice.. I'm definitely trying to get some talent on my defense. He's going to be looking good in a Sooner uni next year. ;)

He's actually the most Northern of any of my targets.. gotta love that Texas-California region talent..

fsuprime
10-03-2010, 05:29 PM
[espnu150][5star]WR (#2) Ronnie Holley 6'3 189 Lbs Miami Springs, FL

Ronnie jumped on the bandwagon and decided he wanted to be the leader of the 2012 recruiting class

Spd B+
ACC B+
AGI C+
CTH C+
CIT C+
JMP B

JeffHCross
10-03-2010, 07:26 PM
He's a really underrated by his position rank, his skills and size are very nice.. I'm definitely trying to get some talent on my defense. He's going to be looking good in a Sooner uni next year.You definitely lucked out by getting an instant out of him though. Me and Oneback would have had a decided advantage with the pipeline. Good pickup, I was certainly hoping I had a shot on him.

Oneback
10-03-2010, 08:07 PM
Not to mention I had a x2 on him this week.

JeffHCross
10-03-2010, 09:47 PM
Not to mention I had a x2 on him this week.I got an x2 on my first call of the season. 860 points toward my #1 target. Had an 80 point lead on him going into the Week ... watch it only be like 120 after Week 1.

Papa LoneStar
10-03-2010, 11:21 PM
[espnu150] [5star] MLB Chauncey Dukes
6'0" 241
Kingwood, TX
#12 overall, #1 MLB
B+: injury
B: tackle, strength, finesse moves
B-: speed, acceleration, block shedding, pursuit
C+: hit power, power moves, jumping, stamina
Other offers: n/a (2-10: Penn State, Alabama, USC, Miami, TCU, Michigan, Florida State, Wisconsin, Ohio State)

psusnoop
10-04-2010, 07:30 AM
#1 HB Clark Scott [5star][espn150]

* Height: 5'9"
* Weight: 195 lbs
* Hometown: Nanticoke, PA
* Tendency: Power
* Top 3 Schools: #1 Penn State, #2 USC, #3 Alabama

Clark will be coming into a PSU offense that loves to run the ball. Clark should get all the chances in the world to come in and be an instant contributor to this team.

Other schoools: USC, Alabama, Michigan, Florida State, Texas, Miami, TCU, Ohio State, West Virgina

Break Tackle B-
Trucking B-
Elusiveness B-
Stiff Arm B+
Spin Move B
Juke Move B
Carrying C
Ball Carrier Vision C+

Clark is not a burner, but he should be comparable to current PSU RB Brandon Beachum or former PSU back Tony Hunt.

psusnoop
10-04-2010, 09:56 AM
Also I'm at 67 with 11 SR's graduating.

I'm sure a few JR's will want to leave early on me this year so I'm going to go for about 15 guys just in case.

JeffHCross
10-04-2010, 07:39 PM
I'm at 68 with 11 graduating, but I also have 21 juniors, so I'm going to be trying to somehow mitigate that. There's no way I could handle a 21 recruit class. Add to it that I'm also totally redoing my defensive philosophy, and ... yeah.

JeffHCross
10-04-2010, 07:46 PM
Wow, I just went from #1 and +40 on a [3star] OLB to #2 and -140 to the CPU. Wow.

JeffHCross
10-04-2010, 08:23 PM
Jason Ott (né Brian Nelson)
#24 MLB [3star]
Fairfield, OH
5'11" 240 lbs
Coverage
ACC|PRC|BSH
A|C|C

Originally committed to Buckeyes in 2011, but failed to meet academic requirements under Prop 48. Ott enrolled at Fork Union, like many former Buckeyes, where he continued his reputation as a dynamic linebacker. The Buckeyes staff expects Ott to contribute quickly to their depth at linebacker.

psuexv
10-04-2010, 08:27 PM
Matt Woods
#12 Ath http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/images/smilies/4star.gif
6’3”
206 lbs

Speed B-
Catching C
Throw Power C

Not sure if Matt will play quarterback or wide receiver for the Trojans but he has both of those options available to him.

psuexv
10-05-2010, 08:57 PM
Greg Stover
#3 QB http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/images/smilies/5star.gif http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/images/smilies/ESPNU150.png
6’1”
180 lbs

Speed B-
Throw Power B+
Throw Accuracy B-

Greg comes in to help fill out a big hole in the depth chart at the one of the most important roster spots. We are looking for Greg to Redshirt his first year and will then have the potential to be 3 year starter.

JeffHCross
10-05-2010, 09:26 PM
Instant commit during the call?

psuexv
10-05-2010, 09:37 PM
Instant commit during the call?

Yes

JeffHCross
10-05-2010, 10:11 PM
Very nice, PSU. This seems a little early for an instant (unless you hadn't previously offered), so I was surprised.

psuexv
10-05-2010, 10:21 PM
Thanks. I actually just offered him last week and moved to #1 on his board. He committed immediately when I made the call this week.

psusnoop
10-06-2010, 05:29 AM
That is a huge get for the Trojans after watching the game we had, I fully expect he'll come into an open QB competition next year correct?

psuexv
10-06-2010, 08:15 AM
Don't be starting any rumors - Walker was 14-24 for 229 and 1 touchdown against the now #1 ranked team. He's going to be just fine.

psuexv
10-06-2010, 08:17 AM
Of course Stover does have a nice arm on him and a lot of confidence. Check out his TD throw in the State Championship game last year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5mrtvXuKsQ

psusnoop
10-06-2010, 08:39 AM
Walker could be the guy left out come preseason ball next year, the big question is does he have the heart to compete or does he take the easy way out and transfer?

Stover appears to have good mechanics and did something there that Walker was not able to do and that is to let the WR run under the ball, not laser it to a spot.

psusnoop
10-06-2010, 08:41 AM
In what I thought would be an easy year for a couple of the guys interested in PSU has quickly turned into quite the recruiting battles as Miami and Texas all seem hell bent on making the staff here in Happy Valley work extra hard at landing these guys.

Should be a fun next few weeks as things shake out.....

JeffHCross
10-10-2010, 10:28 PM
This is probably the most ridiculous season I've ever had in recruiting.

The average lead, per recruit, I have is 278. This includes players I'm behind on.

However, I have no lead that is between 180 points ... and 280 points.

=> 280 points ... half of my targets ... average is a 550 point lead.
< 280 points ... the other half of my board ... average is an 8 point lead.

psuexv
10-10-2010, 10:47 PM
I just saw something that I have never seen. I am up 1140 points over the #2 school on the #4 QB. I've had it up in the 800 and 900s but I've never seen a number over 1000 and not have him signed.

psuexv
10-10-2010, 10:51 PM
Lamar Jones
#27 WR http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/images/smilies/4star.gif
6’7”
194 lbs

Speed B
Acceleration B+
Catching D
Route Running C-

Loren is looking to take full advantage of a redshirt season and hopefully add some weight to the 6’7” frame. The coaching staff sees him as a potential pass catching TE in the future.

psusnoop
10-11-2010, 04:50 AM
Penn State picks up their second commit of the season.

#1 overall Center [5star][espnu150] Joe Williams

Height: 5'11"
Weight: 278 lbs
Hometown: Georgetown, KY
Tendency: Balanced
Top 3 Schools: #1 Penn State, #2 Alabama, #3 Florida State

Pass Block C+
Run Block B-
Pass Block Strength C
Pass Block Footwork C
Run Block Footwork C+
Run Block Foot Strength B-
Impact Blocking B-

JeffHCross
10-11-2010, 06:53 AM
I just saw something that I have never seen. I am up 1140 points over the #2 school on the #4 QB. I've had it up in the 800 and 900s but I've never seen a number over 1000 and not have him signed.I am up 800 on one, and 680 on another and neither have I given more than 10 minutes the last two weeks.

psusnoop
10-11-2010, 07:11 AM
I'm surprised that neither have committed to you. It is only a matter of time.

Oneback
10-11-2010, 01:17 PM
Michigan lands their first recruit of the 2012 season, hopefully more to soon follow:

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/9236/carlosmckeon.jpg

SPD C-, ACC B-, CIT B-, RTE C, RBS B-

Evaluation:

McKeon is a big and physical tight end. He looks to be about what he is listed at with a thick and powerful lower body. He is a tight end, but we would not at all be surprised if in time he has a jersey with a number in the 50's or 60's hanging in his locker. He is a good blocker. He has the size and displays a tenacious attitude. He makes good contact and while he needs to work on placement he will get hands on. He needs to be sure to stay under control and keep his hips under him, but he displays the ability to be able to get into a defender and derive power from the hips, move his feet, and drive a defender back. He displays good feet and does a good job of quickly getting up to second level and getting a piece of moving targets. He will likely mainly contribute as a blocker, but can be a solid short-range target in the passing game. He has solid hands though can seem to catch the ball into his body. Displays adequate speed. He is a physical and big kid and can be tough to bring down after the catch, but will not make many defenders miss. McKeon is a physical kid who should be a productive blocking tight end.

psusnoop
10-11-2010, 01:36 PM
Hmm, that will put Michigan in a tough position on that [4star] TE Maurice Lee. Lee is a UM lean for sure now but is coming into Happy Valley this week. With the recent signing in UM Lee could change his plans and come to Happy Valley to play for Coach Snoop.

psuexv
10-11-2010, 01:38 PM
Hmm, that will put Michigan in a tough position on that [4star] TE Maurice Lee. Lee is a UM lean for sure now but is coming into Happy Valley this week. With the recent signing in UM Lee could change his plans and come to Happy Valley to play for Coach Snoop.

Not when the Michigan coaches fill his head with the fact that Carlos is going to be an Olineman.

Oneback
10-11-2010, 01:45 PM

I have ZERO returning tight ends. Both guys on the roster are seniors one of which is a converted guard. There are plenty of spots open for Tight Ends on the Michigan roster.

Besides, I have a 85% to 75% lead on Lee right now and just got 400 points on him this week. Lee will probably end up being a fullback or H-Back in my offense. We'll see though.

JeffHCross
10-11-2010, 08:17 PM
I'm surprised that neither have committed to you. It is only a matter of time.I expect that if I'd given either of them more than 10 minutes, they would have. But I've been in so many competitions this year that I needed every minute I had.

JeffHCross
10-11-2010, 08:26 PM
So ... I had a 865 point week on a player last week -- that I was leading on. And my lead only increased by 100 points. And he's visiting the #2 team this week.

I really must question a mechanic where the #1 team can get 865 points in a week and not have a nigh insurmountable lead.

Oneback
10-11-2010, 09:45 PM
Maybe they got a x2 as well.

psuexv
10-11-2010, 09:55 PM
Well Jeff here's another good one for you. That #4 QB, I was 1st on his list up 420 points. I gave him 10 minutes and now I'm up 1140 points. Now I'm assuming PSU didn't call him(the #2 team) but that's a huge jump.

JeffHCross
10-11-2010, 09:57 PM
Maybe they got a x2 as well.Possible, but that would be so coincidental I'm willing to rule it out.

Well Jeff here's another good one for you. That #4 QB, I was 1st on his list up 420 points. I gave him 10 minutes and now I'm up 1140 points. Now I'm assuming PSU didn't call him(the #2 team) but that's a huge jump.Snoop accidentally negative recruited himself.

The hell.

psuexv
10-11-2010, 10:09 PM
Snoop accidentally negative recruited himself.

The hell.

The way Penn State recruits I can definitely believe that. :)

JeffHCross
10-12-2010, 05:45 AM
Nate Stead (né Mike Cook)
#1 FB [2star]
Wapakoneta, OH
6'2" 226 lbs
Blocking
STR|RBK|RBF
B-|B-|B-

While most of the recruiting services didn't consider Cook a talent worthy of bringing to Columbus, the young man chose the Buckeyes over Florida (they use FBs? I thought they just ran their QBs as FBs) and Virginia Tech. Cook's #1 FB rating was too much to pass up for a Buckeyes staff that is watching starting FB Nicky Sualua graduate this season. He's expected to slide into the depth chart at #2 next year and stay there for some time.

Oneback
10-12-2010, 05:48 AM
I am starting to get frustrated with recruiting this season. I've got most of my board at 100% according to the website but yet only one commit who no one else was going after.

psusnoop
10-12-2010, 06:41 AM
I am starting to get frustrated with recruiting this season. I've got most of my board at 100% according to the website but yet only one commit who no one else was going after.

Welcome to me last year.

Sorry about that TE too, hehehe

Papa, son of a gun I thought I had that DT reeled in here at Happy Valley. Nice signing. That guy was going to be a 4 year starter for PSU.

psusnoop
10-12-2010, 06:44 AM
TE Maurice Lee [4star]

* Height: 6'3"
* Weight: 237 lbs
* Hometown: Rocky River, OH
* Tendency: Blocking
* Top 3 Schools: #1 Penn State, #2 Michigan, #3 Notre Dame

Maurice will be a huge asset to Penn State's running game.

psusnoop
10-12-2010, 06:45 AM
The way Penn State recruits I can definitely believe that. :)

Careful, those Trojans just might be barking up the wrong tree when it comes to evaluating talent. The results speak for themselves............

texacotea
10-12-2010, 11:11 AM
quite a battle brewing for Holley. OB

Oneback
10-12-2010, 11:42 AM
I've got quite a few of those battles right now. I think a win against Wisconsin will land me the recruits I need, but I cannot count on that. I see a lot of my recruits commiting after this week, game results will determine where to.

fsuprime
10-12-2010, 12:08 PM
im glad i have a pipeline to Mississippi lol, jumped back past you even after your visit for the guard.

Oneback
10-12-2010, 12:13 PM
I saw that, I need that guard bad too. I have a feeling though that Bama will beat us both out for him, but I am on him till the bitter end.

fsuprime
10-12-2010, 12:18 PM
ill have week 6 and 7 to secure a commitment with a visit in week 6 so i think i have a good shot, UF somehow got my top mlb prospect to soft commit though :(

fsuprime
10-12-2010, 01:57 PM
[espnu150][5star]SS (#2) Ross Rogers 6'3 195 Lbs Greenwood, MS

FSU lands a huge target at a huge position of need. With only 1 player returning next year the noles were looking for an instant impact player and they got one. Rogers reminds FSU coaches of former miami safety kenny phillips with his height, speed and tenacity.

Spd B+
ACC B+
AGI C+
CTH C+
CIT C+
Tackle B+
MCV C
ZCV C+
PRC B-
HPW B-
Pursuit B-
STR B-
JMP B-
BLKSHD B-

psuexv
10-12-2010, 02:05 PM
[espnu150][5star]SS (#2) Ross Rogers 6'3 195 Lbs Greenwood, MS

FSU lands a huge target at a huge position of need. With only 1 player returning next year the noles were looking for an instant impact player and they got one. Rogers reminds FSU coaches of former miami safety kenny phillips with his height, speed and tenacity.

Spd B+
ACC B+
AGI C+
CTH C+
CIT C+
Tackle B+
MCV C
ZCV C+
PRC B-
HPW B-
Pursuit B-
STR B-
JMP B-
BLKSHD B-

SOB!!!!

fsuprime
10-12-2010, 02:07 PM
u cant expect to try to start recruiting a 5* with a user in a huge lead starting in week 6 and get him lol

psuexv
10-12-2010, 02:10 PM
u cant expect to try to start recruiting a 5* with a user in a huge lead starting in week 6 and get him lol

I've been hitting him every week but just couldn't make up the ground. Of course I haven't been giving him the time I wanted to as he's about 15 on my list.

psuexv
10-12-2010, 02:15 PM
Last week was the biggest point gain for you, I went from 300 to 500 behind, so I threw the schollie out there to try and save it. Guess it didn't happen. I didn't get a chance to log on to see if I actually gained any points on you... did you notice how many I was behind?

fsuprime
10-12-2010, 03:03 PM
not really, it never looked like u were even a threat at all, i had him #1 and he got 60 minutes each week, plus mississippi is a pipeline for me,

JeffHCross
10-12-2010, 09:05 PM
=> 280 points ... half of my targets ... average is a 550 point lead.
< 280 points ... the other half of my board ... average is an 8 point lead.Okay, so with so many recruiting visits last week, this has taken an even more interesting turn.

Here are my lead/behind point totals right now:
1, 1, 1, -1, -1
380, 440, 700, 740, 780, 780, 900

So ... weird.

Kingpin32
10-14-2010, 02:35 PM
I hope next week I get some commits, cause I'm tired of being in first place and getting nothing.

fsuprime
10-14-2010, 02:41 PM
i hoping to get 5 this week, but most likely will get like 2 lol

Oneback
10-14-2010, 02:53 PM
I am hoping for atleast 5 as well.

fsuprime
10-14-2010, 06:59 PM
[espnu150][4star]MLB (#3) Wali Powell 6'0 225 lbs Roswell, GA

Wali had given a verbal commitment to the gators on a visit to hogtown the week before, but was blown away by his trip to Tallahassee and committed on the spot. Wali can play inside or outside for FSU

He chose FSU over UF and Bama

Spd B
ACC B-
AGI C
TKL C+
PRC C+
BLKS C+
PRST B
STR B-
HPWR B

[espnu150][4star]FS (#1) Patrick Bowen 6'3 205 lbs Atmore, AL
Patrick rounds out a stellar safety recruiting class for the noles, he possesses the speed to take away the deep ball and the strength to punish receivers over the middle and will look to challenge 2 freshman for the starting spot next season.

Spd A
ACC B
AGI B+
TKL B
MCV C+
ZCV C+
PRC B-
HPWR B-
CTCH C
PRST B-
STR C+

[3star]K (#1) Darryl Edwards 5'11 216 lbs Druid Hills, GA

Darryl is the 2nd #1 player at his position to sign with the noles and will start right away at kicker and punter. He was pursued heavily by Miami and Texas but his heart was with his childhood favorite.
KPW B-
KAC B-

JeffHCross
10-14-2010, 10:17 PM
Scott Kuhnhein (né James Riley)
#3 T [4star] [espnu150] #42 OVR
Beachwood, OH
6'2" 282 lbs
Balanced
ACC|RBS|RBF
B|B|B

Expected to quickly cement himself as a contributer on the offensive line, Kuhnhein was thought to be an easy Ohio State commitment until a late rush by neighbor West Virginia. The atmosphere of Ohio Stadium and the impressive campus facilities were the deciding factors in his recruitment.

( The real Scott Kuhnhein came to Ohio State with impressive measurables, and went on to earn three varsity letters with the Buckeyes. )

Nate Clements (né Kenny West)
#2 CB [4star] [espnu150] #52 OVR
Dallas, TX
6'2" 181 lbs
Hard Hitter
SPD|MCV|ZCV|PRC
B+|B+|B|B-

Like Kuhnhein, Nate Clements was impressed by the facilities of Ohio State, especially the RPAC, the largest student athletic center in the country. Most talking heads were surprised by this commitment to the Buckeyes, because Clements was also pursued by Texas and TCU. But Ohio State has just enough presence in the great state of Texas to persuade this impressive player to wear scarlet and gray.

( In real life, Nate Clements was a top defensive back prospect out of high school, with 7 INTs as a senior. Clements was a three year letterman and two-year starter in Columbus before leaving early for the NFL Draft. Clements can still be seen on Sundays wearing the red and gold of the 49ers, and signed the highest contract for a defensive player in NFL history in 2007. )

Kenny Peterson (né Jarrett Douglas)
#7 DE [4star] [espnu150] #101 OVR
Miamisburg, OH
6'1" 223 lbs
Run Stopper
ACC|PMV|BSH
B|B-|C+

Peterson is expected to bring immediate contributions to a defensive line that is still recovering from the graduations of Matt Finkes and Mike Vrabel. Peterson does need to improve his top end speed, but brings all the other physical tools expected from a Buckeye lineman, and is above average in those areas for his age. Peterson chose the Buckeyes over Notre Dame and Missouri.

( In real life, Kenny Peterson was an absolute rock in the middle of the Ohio State national championship team. Peterson was the top defensive end prospect in the nation as a senior, and went on to gain three Ohio State letters. He only started one season, which was at defensive tackle. But his talents garnered a 3rd round draft pick the following April. )

LeCharles Bentley (né Thomas Brown)
#5 C [4star] [espnu150] #109 OVR
Beachwood, OH
6'2" 282 lbs
Balanced
ACC|STR|PBF|PBS
B|B-|C+|C+

LeCharles Bentley looks to be the next great Ohio State center, following in the footsteps of current starter Kurt Murphy. Bentley is expected to redshirt next season and then backup Murphy for his senior season before taking over in 2014.

( In real life LeCharles Bentley came to Columbus as a top Ohio prospect. He first committed to be a Spartan, then a Hoosier, before finally settling on the Buckeyes. He went on to be a four-year letterman and three-year starter for the scarlet and gray. Bentley earned the Rimington Award in 2001. He would start 57 games in the NFL before suffering a injury on the first play of 11-on-11 contract drills in 2006. Bentley had been the highest paid free agent that season to boot. Bentley can now be seen on the Big Ten Network. )

Willie "Cie" Grant (né Ray Willis)
#5 OLB [4star] [espnu150] #122 OVR
North Bend, OR
6'3" 218 lbs
Run Stopper
ACC|PUR|BSH|HPW|PRC
A-|B|B-|B-|C+

( Cie Grant ... my oh my. Grant had 100 tackles his senior year of high school, and, depending on your source, was either expected to be a linebacker or defensive back (I guess safety?) in college. Oh, he played quarterback in high school too. Grant became a starter in 2001 after becoming the backup linebacker during spring ball, but then asking coaches to be moved to cornerback in the fall. He only had ten starts and 3 picks. Grant would then move back to linebacker for the 2002 season and brought the pressure in the 2003 Fiesta Bowl that forced Ken Dorsey's final incomplete pass. He also performed a stirring rendition of the alma mater, Carmen Ohio, at the Ohio State 14-0 celebration. )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eW2ZBU9UHI

psusnoop
10-15-2010, 06:56 AM
Penn State got an hard commit from a much needed position. Cornerback David Poole had a change of heart and decided he would spend the next 4 years in Happy Valley. David felt that the staff at PSU and the current depth chart gave PSU the bump up. He was also blown away with how well the Lions have played recently. Trips to USC, Texas, and OSU and to be 3-0 in those games says something about the staff that is for sure.

#1 CB David Poole [epsnu150] [4star]

* Height: 6'0"
* Weight: 168 lbs
* Hometown: North College Hi, OH
* Tendency: Balanced
* Top 3 Schools: #1 Penn State, #2 Michigan, #3 Texas

Speed A-
Agility B-
Acceleration A
Tackle D
Hit Power C-
Pursuit C+
Play Recognition B+
Man Coverage B-
Zone Coverage B+
Press B-

David should be able to come in and compete for the Dime packages here at PSU this year. With some of the talent we have returning next year he might be hard pressed to bring into the first team, but he should find his footing with the second teamers and dime packages.

David has great top end speed and a really good burst as well. One thing the staff liked was his ability to read the play. With David, the one thing the staff wants to work on when he gets on campus is his strength and tackling. All things that should be easy to work on, and given the dedication we have already seen from David there is no concern that he won't do what is needed from him.

psusnoop
10-15-2010, 08:45 AM
Penn State just picked up a Juco DT from VA.

[3star] Terry Jean

* Height: 6'3"
* Weight: 281 lbs
* Hometown: Lincolnia, VA
* Tendency: Pass Rusher
* Top 3 Schools: #1 Penn State, #2 Miami, #3 Virginia Tech

Terry will help fill in some depth for the Lions next year in a position of need. Right now there doesn't seem to be the rotation at DT that many are accustomed to at Penn State. Terry could RS next year, but everything points to him being a situational player right from the start.

* Power Moves
B+
* Finesse Moves
C
* Block Shedding
C+

Oneback
10-15-2010, 08:58 AM
Just an FYI, JUCO transfers sit out a year before they are available.

psusnoop
10-15-2010, 10:00 AM
Just an FYI, JUCO transfers sit out a year before they are available.

Terry actually was just recruited and signed a letter of intent for PSU. I need depth on the interior of my Dline so with only spending 10 minutes on him all year and getting a commit I was not unhappy to say the least. I still have a [4star] DT that is in my sights but Pitt is standing in the way right now. Actually I have been battling PITT a ton in recruiting battles which is freaking awesome. Last year it was 4 guys, I got 3 of them and this year I have about 3 that have Pitt #1 and I'm hoping I can turn the tide through negative recruiting and land both of them.

Papa LoneStar
10-15-2010, 11:10 AM
I've picked up a few juco sophomores....and automatically redshirted them....makes me feel like I'm getting the most of out them if I do....well....except one....my starting strong safety didn't redshirt....but my starting WLB was a juco....and I believe I have another one as a 3rd string OLB that came in as a MLB.

Oneback
10-15-2010, 11:19 AM
Yeah that is what Jeff was telling me. My starting RDE had to sit last year, I beat out PSU for him the year before. He's the only JUCO I've has thus far however.

psusnoop
10-15-2010, 12:31 PM
I have 4 now after Terry signed. I have two MLB's that are Juco's. They fill the depth chart nicely and play very well on special teams which is nice.

Papa LoneStar
10-15-2010, 12:42 PM
[espnu150] [5star] MLB Chauncey Dukes
6'0" 241
Kingwood, TX
#12 overall, #1 MLB
B+: injury
B: tackle, strength, finesse moves
B-: speed, acceleration, block shedding, pursuit
C+: hit power, power moves, jumping, stamina
Other offers: n/a (2-10: Penn State, Alabama, USC, Miami, TCU, Michigan, Florida State, Wisconsin, Ohio State)

Along with this week 1 instant commit....the Longhorns have added 5 more quality recruits so far this season....

[espnu150] [5star] DT Lorenzo Watkins
6'3'' 274
Madeira, OH
#6 overall, #1 DT
A-: Pursuit
B+: Power/Finesse Moves, Block Shedding
B: Injry
B-: Hit Power
C+: Strength, Tackle
Other Offers: Penn State

[espnu150] [5star] OT Cory Nelson
6'5'' 287
Plano, TX
#12 overall, #1 OT
A-: Acceleration
B+: Injury
B: Strength, Pass Footwork
B-: Run Footwork/Strength, Pass Strength
C+: Run/Pass Block
Other Interest: USC, TCU (no offers, but visits were scheduled)

[espnu150] [5star] SS Brian Branch
6'2'' 187
Pecos, TX
#18 overall, #1 SS
B+: Speed, Acceleration, Tackle
B: Man Coverage, Stamina, Injury
B-: Agility, Zone/Press Coverage, Hit Power, Jumping
Other Offers: Wisconsin, USC

[espnu150] [5star] DE Ron Robinson
6'1'' 236
Warren, AR
#26 overall, #1 DE
B+: Pursuit
B: Strength, Tackle, Finesse, Moves
B-: Block Shedding, Injury
C+: Acceleration, Power Moves, Hit Power, Stamina
Other Offers: TCU

[espnu150] [5star] DE Mark Mason
6'3'' 238
The Colony, TX
#39 overall, #4 DE
A: Pursuit
B+: Acceleration
B: Finesse Moves, Block Shedding, Injury
C+: Strength
Other Offers: Miami

[espnu150] [4star] OG Ralph Campbell
6'4'' 283
Athens, TX
#71 overall, #6 OG
A: Acceleration
B+: Strength
B-: Pass/Run Block, Injury
C+: Awareness, Run Footwork/Strength, Pass Footwork/Strength
Other Offers: TCU

psuexv
10-15-2010, 12:42 PM
That 5 star HB I signed last year was a JUCO. I redshirted him but I could have sworn he was on my depth chart before I did my redshirts.

gschwendt
10-15-2010, 03:11 PM
That 5 star HB I signed last year was a JUCO. I redshirted him but I could have sworn he was on my depth chart before I did my redshirts.
Yeah... JUCOs don't have to sit out.

JeffHCross
10-15-2010, 03:19 PM
Yeah that is what Jeff was telling me. My starting RDE had to sit last year, I beat out PSU for him the year before. He's the only JUCO I've has thus far however.Yep. I definitely played my one JUCO HB as a junior. I remember having a JUCO QB that I redshirted ... I think those are the only JUCOs I've had. I tried to recruit another one last year, but he didn't sign.

JeffHCross
10-15-2010, 08:26 PM
Since we had a lot of movement with recruits this week, I thought now would be a good time to look at the Powerhouse teams in the Top 25 classes:
1. Texas (shocker)
3. Florida State
5. Penn State
6. Ohio State
7. Miami
12. USC
17. Virginia Tech
23. Oklahoma

psusnoop
10-16-2010, 08:07 AM
And here the Trojans were jumping all over my poor class last year. This staff has a plan..........shhh though it could fall apart at any moment.

psuexv
10-16-2010, 09:27 AM
And here the Trojans were jumping all over my poor class last year. This staff has a plan..........shhh though it could fall apart at any moment.

Let's just wait and see what the next few weeks bring. We'll see where PSU is compared to the Trojans.

psusnoop
10-16-2010, 05:25 PM
Sounds good, but we all know that the Lions are slaying the Trojans where it really counts, this would be an added bonus.

JeffHCross
10-16-2010, 10:35 PM
Donnie Nickey (né Garin Barrett)
#3 CB [4star] [espnu150] #53 OVR
East Cleveland, OH
6'1" 192 lbs
Balanced
SPD|ACC|ZCV|MCV|PRC
A|B+|B+|B|C+

Donnie surprised Buckeye coaches by committing as soon as they made their weekly phone call. Nickey expressed interest in the Buckeyes early in the season, having them as a clear #1 (+320) before first contact. No other teams even chased the young man, such was the Buckeye advantage. Though most recruiting services expected that Nickey would line up opposite earlier signee Nate Clements, the Buckeyes staff was most impressed by the recruit's zone coverage capabilities, and so are expected to move him to a Free Safety role. He may play corner in nickel situations as his experience grows.

( In real life, Donnie Nickey was a running back and defensive back in high school. He first committed to Ohio University, but changed to the Buckeyes after being offered a scholarship. Nickey would go on to be a four year letterman and four year starter. Nickey was one of the stars of the 2002 national championship team and is still playing a role on the Tennessee Titans. )

By the way, this signee gives me confirmation that when you get an instant when the call starts, you get time - 10 minutes back.

gschwendt
10-16-2010, 10:56 PM
Jeff Everson
#6 WR | #17 OVR
[5star] [espnu150]
6'0" 178 lbs
Bloomingdale, FL
SPD|AGI|CTH|CIT|SPC|JMP|ELU|BTK
B+|B-|C|C+|A|B|D-|C+

Jeff was attracted to Wisconsin due to their emergence as a passing school this season. His skills will translate into him seeing immediate time on the field, particularly his ability to make unbelievable acrobatic catches. Everson chose the Badgers over an offer from Clemson.

Jeremy McCloud
#5 T | #56 OVR
[4star] [espnu150]
6'6" 286 lbs
Williamsburg, KY
SPD|AGI|STR|RBK|PBK|RBS|RBF|PBS|PBF|IBL
D|D+|C+|C|C+|B-|C-|B|B|C+

Offensive Lineman was a definite need for Wisconsin this season and McCloud was a big signing at that position. With his developed pass blocking skills, he'll contribute immediately. Jeremy chose Wisconsin over offers from Notre Dame, Virginia Tech, and Florida.

psuexv
10-17-2010, 12:16 AM
Jeff Clifford
G #4 http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/images/smilies/ESPNU150.pnghttp://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/images/smilies/5star.gif
6'3"
Irvine, CA

Strength B+
Pass Block B
Run Block B-
Impact Block C+
Speed C
Acceleration A+

Other offers Texas, TCU

Demarcus Kennedy
OLB #2 http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/images/smilies/ESPNU150.pnghttp://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/images/smilies/4star.gif
6'0"
Shelbyville, TN

Speed B
Tackle B
Man Coverage C+
Zone Coverage C+

Demarcus should see playing time immediately and is coming in to fill in a much needed position on the depth chart

Kingpin32
10-17-2010, 01:09 PM
I can't wait until next year when hopefully some of these 5 stars will be back interested in the Ducks.

Oneback
10-17-2010, 01:16 PM
I am really interested in this weeks advance as it concerns the #1 WR. He is soft to Papa who has a bye week this week while I am -1 point and I played a rival in MSU who I beat 35-7.

Papa LoneStar
10-17-2010, 01:31 PM
Nice pickup, PsuExv....I really liked that guard.... :-(

psuexv
10-17-2010, 02:07 PM
Nice pickup, PsuExv....I really liked that guard.... :-(

He looks like he could be a stud. I was worried with the late push you put on.

fsuprime
10-17-2010, 06:34 PM
[espnu150][5star]OG (#3) Mitchell Price 6'5 308 Lbs Grenada, MS

Mitchell chose FSU over Alabama and Michigan

Spd C
ACC A
AGI C
PB/RB/IB/STR C+

RBF/RBS B
PBF/PBS B-

[espnu150][4star] HB (#11) Juco Jr. Joey Taylor 6'1 215 Lbs Long Beach, MS
Joey chose FSU over Alabama

He is a bull who will look to compete for the starting job from day one.

SPD/ACC B
AGI B+
CAR B+
TRK B-
ELU B-
STR C+
STFARM B+

Oneback
10-20-2010, 06:57 AM
Congrats Papa on landing the #1 WR. WR depth is going to be poor at Michigan next season as I only have 3 WR's returning and haven't been able to sign a one yet.

Oneback
10-20-2010, 07:19 AM
http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/5881/carllove.jpg

Ratings:
SPD C+, STR B-, RBS B-, RBF B

Evaluation:
Love has fullback size, H-back hands and shows flashes of one-back running skill. A versatile offensive back who may get used in a variety of ways. Has a great frame with good thickness but is not overly compact to hinder athleticism and movement skills in space. As a runner, he is a North-South guy. Displays good downhill strength and running power. Lowers his shoulders through traffic and keeps his strong lower-body churning. Breaks through a lot of initial contact and shows good core and overall strength moving the pile. Difficult to tackle high and can ward off blockers with a good stiff-arm. Flashes more-than-adequate lateral footwork and quickness for his size; can stretch the ball outside or cut it back and make the first defender miss. Hands and receiving skills out of the backfield may be his best assets. Has soft hands, catches the ball smoothly in stride and has a bit of shake in the openfield. Savvy setting up the screen game and can find the soft spots in zone. However, he lacks great top-end speed and an extra gear to pull away. Overall is not very explosive and lacks great burst out of his cuts. To continue earning the tough yards on the ground and avoid getting tripped up we would like to see him get his knees up and pumping through traffic more consistently. Balance is adequate but not a great attribute. Love is an accomplished blocker but the physical tools are certainly there to develop into a devastating blocker. Overall, Love is a physical back with good athleticism and versatility. Would be very useful in a pro-style offense.

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/9098/tylerkeyes.jpg

Ratings:
SPD C, ACC A, STR B, RBS B, RBF B, PBS B-, PBF B-, IBL B-

Evaluation:
Keyes possesses the playing strength to dominate as a run blocker. Has the size and athleticism for the offensive guard position at the major level of competition. Shows good flexibility, agility and balance; comes off the ball low and hard with the explosion to knock defenders off the line of scrimmage. His initial fit and pad level allow him to straighten up and put defensive linemen back on their heels; sustains well with a very good base and leg drive; displays the foot quickness to zone block with the balance to play on his feet in space. Demonstrates good pull / trap technique with the quickness to get out in front and up-field; can locate defenders at the 2nd level and finishes with explosive results. This guy has all the tools to be a dominant run blocker at the next level of play. His nimble feet and quick hands will be an asset in pass protection; shows good short set ability; can anchor and play stout against the power rush which is necessary for the guard position. Demonstrates the ability to bend, slide and play flat footed while adjusting to inside change of direction moves. We like his hand use; arm length is good while flashing good initial punch, location and extension. This prospect flashes the dominant finishing attitude necessary to compete at the major level of competition. Keyes has the athleticism and playing strength necessary for a long and productive career. Early playing time is a possibility if a red shirt year is not deemed necessary.

http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/8665/joelbrown.jpg

Ratings:
SPD C+, CTH C-, CIT C, RTE C-, RBS C+, RBF C-, IBL C-, AGI C+, REL C+

Evaluation:

Brown is a good looking tight end prospect as he possesses the size and ability to be a well-rounded and productive college player at the position. Right off the bat he impresses you physically as he has good height and bulk. For a kid at about 250-260 pounds he carries his weight well and looks to have the build to add more good size with time in a college weight program. With his size you would first assume he is like an extra offensive lineman, but he can be a productive target in the passing game. He has good hands and when possible he displays the ability to catch the ball away from his body. His size presents a nice target and a bit of a tough match-up. Displays the ability to extend his arms to make the grab and also go up for the ball. He displays good body control and concentration to adjust to the ball. He needs to keep developing as a route runner, but displays good speed for his size. He may not possess great straight-line speed that makes him a field stretching threat, but he runs well and also gets out of his stance and into his route quickly which can make him a little dangerous. You would not label him as elusive after the catch, but he is a big body to try and bring down and has good balance to stay on his feet and fight through arm tackles. He is a good target in the passing game, but could be a real asset as a blocker with some more development. He has the size and displays the toughness to contribute as an in-line blocker. He can quickly get into a defender and deliver a good initial pop. Needs to work on placement, but will get hands on. He is a physical kid who displays good strength and can bully opponents around some at the high school level, but in college will need to work to keep his pads down and do a better job of generating power from his lower body. Does a good job of getting up to second level and getting a piece of moving targets due in part because he can get moving quickly. Brown is a promising prospect and a bit of sleeper at the tight end position.

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/7618/blakewilliams.jpg

Ratings:
SPD D, ACC A, RBS C+, RBF B-, PBS B, PBF B, IBL B-, STR B

Evaluation:
Williams has great size along with enough explosion and playing strength to dominate defenders at his present level of play. Has the height and weight we like to see for the offensive tackle spot at the major level of competition. Possesses enough flexibility to work out of both a two and three point stance showing the agility and balance to block quick on the line movement. Flashes explosion off the ball with good pad level and fit for his height; brings his hips with a good base and the leg drive necessary to sustain contact. Does a nice job when asked to reach front side with a quick up field first step. Can play on his feet in space however quick flow linebackers could present problems. We see the quickness and technique to be a good trap blocker, showing explosion at the point of attack. This prospect demonstrates quick set ability from a two point stance; flashes good bend for his size, can slide and play flat footed to the deep set point without leaning in or crossing his feet. Will need to work on all aspects of punch, location and extension however his arm length and quick hands should be an asset; does a nice job working to get his hands back inside the frame. This is a tough guy with an aggressive finishing attitude. Williams may not be ready to step in an start immediately however his size and overall playing attitude should get him early playing time if a red shirt year is not deemed necessary

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/9236/carlosmckeon.jpg

Ratings:
SPD C-, CIT B-, RBS B-, BTK C-

Evaluation:
McKeon is a big and physical tight end. He looks to be about what he is listed at with a thick and powerful lower body. He is a tight end / H-Back, but we would not at all be surprised if in time he has a jersey with a number in the 50's or 60's hanging in his locker. He is a good blocker. He has the size and displays a tenacious attitude. He makes good contact and while he needs to work on placement he will get hands on. He needs to be sure to stay under control and keep his hips under him, but he displays the ability to be able to get into a defender and derive power from the hips, move his feet, and drive a defender back. He displays good feet and does a good job of quickly getting up to second level and getting a piece of moving targets. He will likely mainly contribute as a blocker, but can be a solid short-range target in the passing game. He has solid hands though can seem to catch the ball into his body. Displays adequate speed. He is a physical and big kid and can be tough to bring down after the catch, but will not make many defenders miss. McKeon is a physical kid who should be a productive blocking tight end.

psuexv
10-20-2010, 09:28 AM
Nick McPherson
QB #4 http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/images/smilies/5star.gif http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/images/smilies/ESPNU150.png
6'3"
221 lbs
Erwin, NC

Throw Power - B
Throw Accuracy - C
Speed - B

Nick is a physical specimen at 6'3", 221 and has speed to go along with it. He will likely redshirt a year to learn the playbook and then be in full running for the starting job. Nick could also be used in spot duty as a Tebowesk style of player early in his career. Surprising no other school had offered Nick a scholarship, which he plans to use as motivation in the future.

psuexv
10-20-2010, 09:38 AM
Andrew Sims
G #1 http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/images/smilies/5star.gif http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/images/smilies/ESPNU150.png
6'2"
Detroit, MI

Strength - B+
Pass Block B-
Run Block - B-
Impact Block B
Speed D
Acceleration

Andrew comes in as the nations top G per rivals.com and helps to fill out a great guard class for the Trojans joining Jeff Clifford. With some depth at guard Andrew will be able to take advantage of a redshirt season and look to get significant playing time as a Redshirt Freshman

Other offers Alabama, Oklahoma

Chuck Boyd
CB #5 http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/images/smilies/4star.gif http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/images/smilies/ESPNU150.png
5'10"
190 lbs
Anaheim, CA

Speed - A
Man Coverage - C+
Zone Coverage - B+
Press - C
Tackle - D

Chuck comes in to fill some holes in the secondary for the Trojans. He will probably see time in the dime package his Freshman year. Chuck has blazing speed but tends to play out of control at times weakening his man coverage skills. Hopefully a year of on the job training is just what Chuck needs.

Other offers - Nebraska

Papa LoneStar
10-20-2010, 11:31 PM
The Longhorns add 3 big-time prospects....raising their total of [5star] recruits to 9....

[espnu150] [5star] WR Roger Moss
6'5'' 180
Webster Groves, MO
#2 overall, #1 WR
A: Speed, Acceleration
B+: Stamina
B: Injury
B-: Catching, Route Running, Jumping
C+: Agility, Release
Other Offers: Michigan, Missouri, Oklahoma, Florida State

[espnu150] [5star] DT Adrian Harrell
6'6'' 278
Fort Polk South, LA
#23 overall, #3 DT
B+: Finesse Moves
B: Strength, Pursuit, Injury
B-: Power Moves, Block Shedding, Stamina
C+: Acceleration, Tackle, Hit Power
Other Offers: Miami, USC

[espnu150] [5star] QB Mike Joseph
6'2'' 237
Fort Stockton, TX
#19 overall, #1 QB
A+: Throwing Power
B+: Injury
B: Stamina
B-: Speed
C+: Throwing Accuracy, Acceleration
Other Offers: Oklahoma

JeffHCross
10-20-2010, 11:38 PM
"Easy mode".

Kingpin32
10-20-2010, 11:49 PM
I need to get a decent scrambling QB next recruiting class. Or else I'm doomed.

JeffHCross
10-21-2010, 07:08 AM
I need to get a decent QB, period, in the offseason or I might be.

JeffHCross
10-21-2010, 07:09 AM
Since we had a lot of movement with recruits this week, I thought now would be a good time to look at the Powerhouse teams in the Top 25 classes:
1. Texas (shocker)
3. Florida State
5. Penn State
6. Ohio State
7. Miami
12. USC
17. Virginia Tech
23. Oklahoma
Week 9 Update:
1. Texas
2. USC
3. Florida State
4. Penn State
5. Ohio State
11. Virginia Tech
18. Miami

psusnoop
10-21-2010, 08:17 AM
[4star] OLB Jared Pace

Height: 6'2"
Weight: 227 lbs
Hometown: Emmaus, PA
Tendency: Run Stopper
Offers from Nebraska and West Virgina

Jared comes to PSU after a long talk about moving to MLB. After some long talks Jared will be enrolling early to get a head start on learning the position and calls. Some things the staff like watching of Jared's tape was his ability to read the play and attack the ball. Jared seems to have a very quick first step.

Tackle C
Hit Power B-
Pursuit C+
Play Recognition B-
Man Coverage C
Zone Coverage C

[4star] [espnu150] OLB Ted Wilkinson

Height: 6'3"
Weight: 219 lbs
Hometown: Hope Valley, RI
offers, None but was being heavily recruited by USC

Teddy comes to Linebacker U looking to make an impact. The staff has told Teddy that he will more then likely Redshirt his first year, but will be right in the mix of things after that.

Tackle B-
Hit Power B-
Pursuit C
Play Recognition C+
Man Coverage C+
Zone Coverage B-

[4star] [espnu150] OLB Brian Wellar

Height: 5'11"
Weight: 226 lbs
Hometown: Algona, IA
Top 3 Schools: #1 Penn State, #2 Alabama, #3 Ohio State

Brian is an interesting recruit. He comes from a small town in IA, he is a farm boy and was surely thought of last year as being a lock for Iowa. Things changed though once schools got their hands on his tapes as he was having coaches calling him left and right. There was one though that sealed the deal and that was Coach Snoop. Brian said, "Coach Snoop came into our house and laid it all on the table for my family and me. He didn't try to pretty it all up, but said if I came to Linebacker U and worked hard that I could be something special." I committed right on the spot, telling Coach Snoop that we'll win a few MNC's over these next few years. Brian may also be moved to MLB come spring ball, but we shall see.

Tackle B
Hit Power B-
Pursuit B-
Play Recognition C+
Man Coverage D+
Zone Coverage C
Power Moves D
Finesse Moves C
Block Shedding C

[5star] [espnu150] G Tim Faulk

Height: 6'5"
Weight: 270 lbs
Hometown: Clairton, PA
Tendency: Pass Block
Top 3 Schools: #1 Penn State, #2 Alabama, #3 Texas

Tim will come into PSU with a chance to compete for the starting LG position. If it all goes smoothly though the staff would love to get a RS out of Tim but given the lack of a solid two deep that just might not be possible.

JeffHCross
10-21-2010, 09:10 AM
[4star] [espnu150] OLB Brian Wellar

Things changed though once schools got their hands on his tapes as he was having coaches calling him left and right. There was one though that sealed the deal and that was Coach Snoop.This is quite a tall tale you're writing here, Snoop. ;) Coaches certainly didn't call him left and right ... pretty much one of the most ignored ESPNU 150 prospects I've ever seen. He'd be a Buckeye if I'd wanted him.

gschwendt
10-21-2010, 09:31 AM
Desmond Edwards
#3 ATH | #10 OVR
[5star] [espnu150]
6'4" 231 lbs
Minnetonka, MN
SPD|AGI|STR|TKL|PMV|BSH|PUR|HPW
B-|C+|B|C+|B-|C+|B-|B-

Desmond is the prototypical "tweener" between Linebacker and Defensive End. His big 6'4 frame is built to allow him to grow into a DE, however his SPD, STR and AGI combined would make him an excellent LB as well. The Badgers will look over him again once he gets to Fall camp but with the need at LB, look for him to be standing up more than down in a 3-point stance. Edwards chose Wisconsin over offers from Oklahoma and late attention from Texas.

psusnoop
10-21-2010, 09:37 AM
This is quite a tall tale you're writing here, Snoop. ;) Coaches certainly didn't call him left and right ... pretty much one of the most ignored ESPNU 150 prospects I've ever seen. He'd be a Buckeye if I'd wanted him.

He never wanted to hear from the Buckeye's. He has been tracking them these last few years and knew his home was in Happy Valley. :P

JeffHCross
10-21-2010, 11:22 AM
He never wanted to hear from the Buckeye's. He has been tracking them these last few years and knew his home was in Happy Valley. :PHe liked me just fine the one week I had him on my board. But I decided I had better options elsewhere. ;)

( Now watch him have a ridiculously good potential rating and blow up every year during progression )

psusnoop
10-21-2010, 11:49 AM
He liked me just fine the one week I had him on my board. But I decided I had better options elsewhere. ;)

( Now watch him have a ridiculously good potential rating and blow up every year during progression )

Lets hope his potential rating is really good and he can transition to MLB for the Lions well enough. I can see him tearing into some Buckeye's soon! LOL

psuexv
10-21-2010, 12:39 PM
Lets hope his potential rating is really good and he can transition to MLB for the Lions well enough. I can see him tearing into some Buckeye's soon! LOL

With those man coverage skills you better blitz him a lot.

psusnoop
10-21-2010, 01:04 PM
He'll have one goal, get to the ball. You won't see him in coverage any time soon.

psuexv
10-21-2010, 01:12 PM
He'll have one goal, get to the ball. You won't see him in coverage any time soon.

Drag routes all day.

JeffHCross
10-21-2010, 02:27 PM
With those man coverage skills you better blitz him a lot.It's worth noting that Snoop specifically avoided mentioning his Speed, Acceleration or Agility ratings. His Pursuit is excellent, and I almost went after him just for that. But unless he develops speed pretty well, he's going to be a hinderance.

psusnoop
10-21-2010, 06:06 PM
He is pretty a liability for speed but he will be perfect for certain packages and formation subs. I really think this guy will be a big name come 3 years from now.

JeffHCross
10-21-2010, 07:02 PM
Yeah, understood Snoop. I just couldn't really afford to take the chance. I'll certainly be watching him.

JeffHCross
10-21-2010, 07:31 PM
Joe Cooper (né Sean Harris)
#3 OLB | #104 OVR
[espnu150] [4star]
Urbana, OH
6'1" 218 lbs
Run Stopper
SPD|ACC|TAK|PRC
B|B+|B+|B-

Let's be honest, this one just fell into the Buckeyes laps. All the prognosticators, despite Urbana being less than an hour away from the capital city, said the Buckeyes had no shot to sign the #11 Ohio prospect. The Buckeyes staff was resigned to this fact as well, and did not even pursue Cooper early in the season. He was destined to wear maize-and-blue, everyone said.

But no one, it appears, told that to the Wolverines. Coach Oneback must have had other plans besides Outside Linebackers, because neither he, nor the coaches of Texas, Penn State, Miami, Florida State, or USC, ever offered Cooper a scholarship. In fact, no one did until Week 2. Despite being 260 points down according to ESPN Insider, the Buckeyes pursued. And, to everyone's surprise, were quickly in the lead.

Cooper is expected to be named Ohio Division II defensive player of the year for his senior season. With his combination of speed and tackling form, Cooper will probably find his way into a linebacker rotation that is sorely looking for help against the run and to replace two graduating seniors. The combination of Cooper and fellow incoming freshman Cie Grant should help the Buckeyes for years to come. Cooper may find his way into the MLB spot in the Buckeyes 34 defense.

( The real Joe Cooper signed in 1997, was Prop 48 for 1998, and went on to start for the Buckeyes two years, in 2000 and 2001, along with being a four-year letterman )

Ricky Bryant (né Fred Williams)
#10 WR | #49 OVR
[espnu150] [4star]
Wooster, OH
5'10" 174 lbs
Balanced
SPD|ACC|AGI|CTH|RLS
B|B+|B-|C|B-

Same story, different verse. Bryant, the #1 receiver in the state of Ohio, also looked to the School Up North early in the season. Unlike Cooper, the Buckeyes pursued Bryant early, hoping the Wolverines dedication to their ground game would persuade Bryant to stay in Ohio. The scholarship offer was an early feather in the cap for Ohio State, and, like with Cooper, the Wolverines did not reciprocate the young recruit's interest in them.

With his combination of speed and the ability to get off the line, Bryant is expected to contribute quickly once he sees the field in Columbus. Initially, Bryant will likely redshirt with a logjam of other young receivers in front of him. The change this season in the Buckeyes offense may lead to early playing time, however.

( The real Ricky Bryant was one of the top receivers in Michigan his senior year, and joined Ohio State in 1999. He chose Ohio State over Michigan State, Northwestern and Wisconsin. He would letter for the Buckeyes for two years before transferring to I-AA. )

psusnoop
10-21-2010, 07:34 PM
LB'r is a need for depth position, my top two guys in my 4-3 are FR and RS SO so I'm fairly young and I have a good base but the need for quality depth is needed. I signed two Juco MLB's last year as some know and one of them has been pretty productive on the Special Teams but they both also came in as JR's so there in and out real quick.

I'd like to and I'm going after another MLB for this class to shore things up. I also have a CB that I wouldn't mind landing at some point but we'll see how that works out.

JeffHCross
10-21-2010, 07:41 PM
LB'r is a need for depth position, my top two guys in my 4-3 are FR and RS SO so I'm fairly young and I have a good base but the need for quality depth is needed.Understood, I'm in the same boat. I only have 5 OLBs, and two are graduating this season. So I have practically no depth. I just wasn't willing to risk a scholarship (I'm honestly in short supply) on "I think he'll improve his speed" hopes.

JeffHCross
10-23-2010, 12:34 AM
Drew Carter (né Mark James)
#5 WR | #13 OVR
[espnu150] [5star]
Ecorse, MI
6'7" 204 lbs
Balanced
SPD|ACC|SPC|JMP
A|B-|B|B-
2012 may be labeled "the year of the receiver". It's rare that you see six recruits at any position among the ESPNU Top 20, yet that's what we have this season. Drew Carter will graduate as the best player in the state of Michigan. And, in a cruel twist of fate when Michigan has an obvious need at Wide Receiver, never gave the Wolverines a chance. The Buckeyes enjoyed a slim lead before the season, which expanded to nearly 500 points as quickly as Week 2. From there, Carter's 2013 affiliation was never in question.

Carter does represent an interesting question for the Buckeyes staff, however. While he has obvious top end speed (4.32), and impressive size, Carter needs to work on many of his skills after catching the ball. He is presently expected to redshirt for his first season in Columbus, then take his place as the deep threat in the Buckeyes' lineup.

( In real life, Drew Carter was a three-sport star that did not play football his sophomore and junior seasons to concentrate on basketball and track. He chose Ohio State over Michigan State and Colorado and was a 3-year Ohio State letterman before being drafted in the 5th round )

Anthony Moody
#6 ATH | #94 OVR
[espnu150] [4star]
Lebanon, OH
6'0" 161 lbs
Athletic
SPD|ACC|BTK|CAR
B|B+|B-|C+
Originally thought to be a backfield prospect, Anthony Moody surprised coaching staffs by blossoming as a receiver during his senior season. With Ohio State coaches unsure of how to use the athletic Moody, expect to see him slide into any spot available next season. Moody, like Carter, is an interesting prospect that combines raw talent in his skill set with a need to develop the complimentary skills for making plays between the hashes. With the sizable depth at the WR position for Ohio State, Moody may not make the team following summer practice.

Edmund Brown (né Troy Chase)
#7 SS
[4star]
St. Joseph, MI
6'2" 185 lbs
Hard Hitter
SPD|ACC|ZCV|HPW
C+|B+|B-|B
Another Michigan prospect that wanted to be a Buckeye from Day One, Brown joins the Buckeyes after a productive high school career at Strong Safety. Despite a need to bulk up, Brown is expected to transition to the Outside Linebacker spot at the collegiate level. With tackling skills more akin to Tatum or Spielman than your average centerfield-playing safety, Brown is expected to take quickly to his new assignments. Scouts did express concern about his speed when moving to the next level, so the position change should alleviate some of those issues. Brown is expected to redshirt a year, giving him time to develop the necessary skills.

Andy Groom (né Carl Reid)
#3 K
[3star]
Galion, OH
5'11" 168 lbs
Accurate
KPW|KAC
C|C

One of only 11 specialists to be graded at "C" leg strength or better this season, Groom represents the next hope for the Buckeyes kicking game with Brent Bartholomew scheduled to graduate in 2013. Groom will redshirt for one season before entering the competition for the punter position in 2014.

( In real life, Andy Groom was a 1998 walk-on. He didn't even make the school Media Guide until 2001, when he was expected to be the backup punter. He would take the job in Week 3 and go on to average 45.0 yards per punt for two seasons, setting the Ohio State career record. )

psuexv
10-28-2010, 08:08 PM
Huge recruiting week for the Trojans as we land 5 recruits to bring the total to 16 with 1 more recruit on the big board.

Micah Moore
DT #2 http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/images/smilies/ESPNU150.pnghttp://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/images/smilies/5star.gif
6'5"
285 lbs
Pleasanton, CA

Strength - B-
Tackle - C+
Power Moves - B+
Block Shedding - C+

Other offers - TCU, Bowling Green

Carlos Wilson
C #2 http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/images/smilies/ESPNU150.pnghttp://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/images/smilies/5star.gif
6'2"
274 lbs
San Jose, CA

Strength - B
Pass Block C
Run Block - C+
Impact Block C+
Speed C
Acceleration B

Other offers Stanford, Rice

Robert O'Neal
DE #3 http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/images/smilies/ESPNU150.pnghttp://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/images/smilies/5star.gif
5'11"
247 lbs
Litchfield Park, AZ

Strength - C+
Tackle - C+
Power Moves - B-
Block Shedding - B-

Other offers - PSU, Kent State

Kevin Edwards
HB #5 http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/images/smilies/ESPNU150.pnghttp://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/images/smilies/4star.gif
6'0"
199 lbs
West Haven-Sylvan, OR

Speed - B+
Strength - B-
Acceleration - B-
Break Tackle -B-
Trucking - C

Offer offers

Adam Davis
T #7 http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/images/smilies/ESPNU150.pnghttp://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/images/smilies/4star.gif
6'8"
280 lbs
Sacramento, Ca

Strength - C+
Pass Block C+
Run Block - C
Impact Block C+
Speed D
Acceleration B-

Other offers

JeffHCross
10-28-2010, 08:31 PM
Jamar Martin (né Brandon Schroeder)
#1 ATH | #1 OVR
[espnu150] [5star]
Guthrie, OK
5'11" 202 lbs
Athletic
CAR|BTK|RBK|RBS|RBF|PBK|PBS|PBF|HPW
B-|C-|C-|B-|B|B-|C|C|B-
The #1 player in the nation is a Buckeye.

Let's let that set in for a moment.

Like two years ago, the #1 prospect in the nation for 2012 is an athletic player who projects in the HB/FB/TE/H-Back mold for the next level. Martin excelled at the high school level, dominating the competition at every opportunity. Though most of his snaps were on the offensive side of the ball, Martin also impressed coaches -- and left an impression on the opposition -- with punishing hits on special teams that often forced the ball loose.

Martin also fielded offers from TCU, Alabama, and the home-state Sooners. Martin is expected to quickly find himself a slot in the Buckeyes' backfield, with starting FB Nicky Sualua graduating this season. Martin may also get an opportunity to start at the halfback position, depending on offseason depth.

( In real life, Jamar Martin came to Ohio State as the #1 fullback prospect in the country. He was a four-year letterman and three-year starter before moving on to limited action in the NFL. )

Steve Bellisari (né Joel Gibbons)
#15 QB
[4star]
Sandusky, OH
6'2" 206 lbs
Scrambler
SPD|ACC|THP|THA
B-|B-|B-|C+
Bellisari, the younger brother of former Ohio State captain Greg Bellisari, stays with the home-state Ohio State Buckeyes despite an offer to play for Georgia Tech.

Bellisari is expected to provide needed depth for current starting QB Joe Germaine, and may take over the starting role in the future, depending on how the chips fall.

( In real life, Steve Bellisari was extremely highly rated coming out of high school, and was considered the #1 safety prospect before college. There are some vocal Buckeye fans that wish Coach Cooper had left him at that position. Bellisari was moved to Quarterback in his true sophomore season, and had mixed results, despite leaving Columbus fourth on the all-time career offense list. Bellisari is most remembered for being suspended for the final two games of the 2001 season due to a DUI arrest, which led to opportunities for Scott McMullen and future Ohio State national championship QB Craig Krenzel. Bellisari's DUI was used as a cautionary tale for the incoming freshmen in 2002. )

JeffHCross
10-28-2010, 08:35 PM
Week 9 Update:
1. Texas
2. USC
3. Florida State
4. Penn State
5. Ohio State
11. Virginia Tech
18. Miami
Week 11 Top 25 Update:
1. Texas
2. USC
3. Ohio State
4. Florida State
5. Penn State
12. Virginia Tech
13. Miami
21. Oklahoma

With no one left on the War Room Whiteboard, Ohio State can only fall from here.

Papa LoneStar
10-29-2010, 12:58 AM
I enjoy reading the "real life" details of each recruit Jeff. A few of the names sound familiar as it's around the time I started REALLY watching college football.

psuexv
10-29-2010, 08:46 AM
Week 11 Top 25 Update:
1. Texas
2. USC
3. Ohio State
4. Florida State
5. Penn State
12. Virginia Tech
13. Miami
21. Oklahoma

With no one left on the War Room Whiteboard, Ohio State can only fall from here.

Jeff - you sure this is right. I could have sworn I jumped Texas after this week.

JeffHCross
10-29-2010, 08:16 PM
Jeff - you sure this is right. I could have sworn I jumped Texas after this week.It is entirely feasable that I saw the two of you in the Top 2 and didn't notice the order had changed.

JeffHCross
10-29-2010, 08:22 PM
I enjoy reading the "real life" details of each recruit Jeff. A few of the names sound familiar as it's around the time I started REALLY watching college football.Well, if there's anybody I've mentioned before I started doing the "in real life" details of, feel free to ask. For practically every player I've used in this dynasty, I know most, if not all, of the major details of their career. I know these Buckeyes that well.

psuexv
10-30-2010, 09:30 AM
It is entirely feasable that I saw the two of you in the Top 2 and didn't notice the order had changed.

Since I can't beat him on the field I have to try and beat him at something.

Oneback
10-30-2010, 10:54 AM
Week 11 Top 25 Update:
1. Texas
2. USC
3. Ohio State
4. Florida State
5. Penn State
12. Virginia Tech
13. Miami
21. Oklahoma

I don't feel as bad about this now as I am now ranked #38 I believe it was.

fsuprime
10-30-2010, 04:10 PM
well since most of the 330 games are shitty blowouts im gonna go ahead and update the last few recruits i have signed.

[3star]WR (#65) Juco (jr) Brent Copeland 5'11 165lbs Fort Valley, GA

Brent is someone the noles have been high on since he came out of lincoln h.s. in tallahassee, fl but did not have the grades for div 1. A pure possession receiver he has great hands and great route running ability.

SPD B+
ACC C+
AGI C-
CTCH B-
RTE B-
CIT B-
JMP B
CAR C+
BTK C+

[4star]WR (#29) Juco (jr) Daniel Marks 6'1 178lbs Monks Corner, SC

Daniel is a true playmaker at the WR position and will be looked to as an instant replacement for Willie Haulstead.

SPD A-
ACC B+
AGI B
AWR C+
CTCH B-
RTE C+
CIT C+
SPC C+
JMP B
RELEASE B
[4star][espnu150] OLB (#7) Ryan Morris 6'1 220 lbs Seymour, TN

Morris' strength and lack of agility makes him a sure fire change to MLB once he makes it to campus. The noles would have liked to signed more LBs this year but were not willing to spend the resources for the below average class this season.

SPD B
ACC B+
AGI D+
TKL B-
BLKD C+
PRST B-
ZCV B-
SSTR B-
HPW B-

[4star][espnu150]QB (#11) Cedric Hall 6'1 198 lbs Struthers, OH

Being from ohio, the coaches do not expect much from struthers other than to be a career backup/emergency QB. He has a great head on his shoulders and will help run practices and scout team admirably.

THP B-
THA B

[4star][espnu150]QB (#13) Paul Mcpherson 6'3 181 lbs Palm Beach Gardens, FL

Mcpherson chose FSU over Wisconsin. Mcpherson is pegged as the future leader of the team in 3 years and coach fsuprime really likes his pocket presence and ability to read defenses and deliver accurate throws. FSU will go after a QB next year to seriously compete with Mcpherson.

THP B
THA B

Papa LoneStar
10-30-2010, 05:11 PM
[4star][espnu150]QB (#11) Cedric Hall 6'1 198 lbs Struthers, OH

Being from ohio, the coaches do not expect much from struthers other than to be a career backup/emergency QB. He has a great head on his shoulders and will help run practices and scout team admirably.

THP B-
THA B

:D

JeffHCross
10-30-2010, 11:05 PM
I'm more amused that apparently he expects the city to be backup, but says nothing about the player ;)

But seriously, FSU, you shouldn't talk smack about sloppy seconds from Ohio ... if I asked him to come to Columbus, he'd be a Buckeye. But I don't need statues in the backfield like both of your quarterbacks will be.

Oneback
10-30-2010, 11:28 PM
Just waiting on RCSinger

psusnoop
10-31-2010, 01:31 PM
Just waiting on RCSinger

Rally cap is in place, like to get an advance in tonight.

fsuprime
10-31-2010, 01:31 PM
I'm more amused that apparently he expects the city to be backup, but says nothing about the player ;)

But seriously, FSU, you shouldn't talk smack about sloppy seconds from Ohio ... if I asked him to come to Columbus, he'd be a Buckeye. But I don't need statues in the backfield like both of your quarterbacks will be.

im glad you noticed :)

yea i would expect after 4 years of joe germaine any school would be tired of statues.

texacotea
10-31-2010, 03:13 PM
Rally cap is in place, like to get an advance in tonight.

Maybe

JeffHCross
10-31-2010, 07:27 PM
It appears that if a player you promised "Significant Playing Time" to is lost to injury for the season, the promise disappears from the Pending list ... but isn't Kept or Broken. I guess it's just nullified. Very cool. No clue if this happens for regular injuries as well -- can only say I saw it with a Out for Season injury.

Oneback
10-31-2010, 08:14 PM
Has anyone figured out what significant playing time means? Is it they get playing time or do they need to be listed as a starter?

JeffHCross
10-31-2010, 09:10 PM
Supposedly ...

[Comment From BBear] - Is the "solid playing time" promise measured by: 1) starting depth chart at the beginning of the game 2) number of snaps on the field 3) estimated based on stats 4) or some other formula?

EA_Russ_Kiniry: The "Solid Playing Time" promise is based on the amount of snaps the player gets.

gschwendt
11-09-2010, 07:58 PM
Nicholas Johnson
#242 ATH | #2248 OVR
[1star] JUCO(SO)
6'0" 217 lbs
Santa Clara, CA
SPD | AWR | AGI | ACC | THP | THA
B+ | D | C+ | C+ | B- | C

While on paper, Nicholas doesn't excite much, he does bring something to the table that the Badgers will be missing at the QB position next year... speed. He won't start and may not contribute his first season on campus but the coaches in Madison are looking to create some packages for Johnson to be able to showcase his special skills.

psusnoop
11-10-2010, 06:16 AM
Interesting, but cool following this kid for the next few years. Appears to be a nice find for sure.

gschwendt
11-11-2010, 10:16 PM
Nicholas Johnson
SPD | AWR | AGI | ACC | THP | THA
B+ | D | C+ | C+ | B- | C

So after doing a bit of research, I'm even happier about this signing as it looks like he should come to campus even better than I anticipated. His ratings will be something like this:

SPD: 90
AWR: 60-65
AGI: 76-79
ACC: 76-79
THP: 80-83
THA: 72-75

Now, granted he's not going to come in as a stud, but he definitely can give some quality production in certain packages. I'll probably play him his first year, then after his first season progression, determine whether to redshirt or not. Obviously as a [1star], I don't expect his progression to be very good.

psusnoop
11-12-2010, 06:22 AM
Those are some really good numbers, I bet your going to be very very happy with this signing come mid season next year. Kid looks like a gamer for sure. I'm going to be closely following his year and certainly his progression after next year.

gschwendt
11-13-2010, 11:34 AM
Albert Butler
#129 TE | #1335 OVR
[3star] JUCO(JR)
6'7" 244 lbs
Hurricane, WV
SPD | CTH | STR | RBK | PBK | RBS | RBF | PBS | PBF | IBL | BTK
D+ | D | C+ | B- | C- | C+ | C- | B- | D- | C+ | B+

Albert will be working out a new position once he arrives on campus moving to the Fullback position. At 6'7, he'll be a towering body-guard for Montee Ball to run behind.

psusnoop
11-13-2010, 11:46 AM
Sounds like Wisky will be going back to the strong running game next year. That is great, and fits wisky better just not good for fellow big 10 teams :)

JeffHCross
11-13-2010, 12:46 PM
Week 11 Top 25 Update:
1. Texas
2. USC
3. Ohio State
4. Florida State
5. Penn State
12. Virginia Tech
13. Miami
21. Oklahoma
Final Regular Season Recruiting Top 25 Update:

School|[5star]|[4star]|[3star]|[2star]|[1star]
1. USC|7|10
2. Texas|10|2
3. Ohio State|2|11|2|1
4. Penn State|3|7|6
5. Florida State|3|8|4
21. Virginia Tech|1|6|3

fsuprime
11-14-2010, 03:25 PM
[espnu150][4star] HB (#11) Juco Jr. Joey Taylor 6'1 215 Lbs Long Beach, MS
Joey chose FSU over Alabama

He is a bull who will look to compete for the starting job from day one.

SPD/ACC B
AGI B+
CAR B+
TRK B-
ELU B-
STR C+
STFARM B+

really looking forward to getting this guy in the backfield after having to run with a tiny running back for most of this season

psusnoop
11-14-2010, 04:18 PM
really looking forward to getting this guy in the backfield after having to run with a tiny running back for most of this season

He does look like a stud

JeffHCross
11-18-2010, 10:30 PM
If the CPU doesn't sway pitches (which I disagree with but I've heard some people claim), then either G was doing a number on the #9 HB, or something is just crazy.

He has four schollie offers ... me and 3 CPU teams (UL Lafayette, UL Monroe and Eastern Michigan). I think I've swayed one pitch, but that's all I can remember.

He has 5 Highs and 4 Very Highs. He doesn't have a single pitch below Average.

fsuprime
11-18-2010, 10:32 PM
ive had some recruits give me the minimum of like 2 very highs 1 most and the rest average or below as well. I know if u sway a pitch it does not sway it for other schools, they have to spend their own time doing it, so cpu teams swaying would not affect u imo.

JeffHCross
11-18-2010, 10:35 PM
I know if u sway a pitch it does not sway it for other schools, they have to spend their own time doing it, so cpu teams swaying would not affect u imo.I don't believe this is correct. I've seen swaying effect other schools, at least on past versions.

fsuprime
11-18-2010, 10:38 PM
really? i could have sworn when i did some 2 player dynasties in germany and me and my friend were after the same guy it would not affect it.

gschwendt
11-18-2010, 11:41 PM
If the CPU doesn't sway pitches (which I disagree with but I've heard some people claim), then either G was doing a number on the #9 HB, or something is just crazy.
I've not been recruiting him at all in the offseason. He was only a "just in case" if Ball left early. I've got plenty of talent returning at HB as well I already have two slow HBs that I didn't want to add another.

psuexv
11-19-2010, 08:33 AM
I don't believe this is correct. I've seen swaying effect other schools, at least on past versions.

I was under the impression that it didn't affect other schools either. At least I remember seeing that in last years version.

I've also seen a player with 2 Most without a sway as it was very early in the season.

JeffHCross
11-19-2010, 04:15 PM
I was under the impression that it didn't affect other schools either. At least I remember seeing that in last years version.I would contend until I was blue in the face that I've seen player's values change while I was recruiting them, and without me swaying them. So either other users were swaying them or I was just on something.

Both are equally possible, I suppose.

If me and fsu or you and me are going after the same guy next year, let's remember to check at some point.

psuexv
11-19-2010, 04:22 PM
If me and fsu or you and me are going after the same guy next year, let's remember to check at some point.

Completely agree, I say some testing is in order.

fsuprime
11-19-2010, 04:40 PM
sounds good, if im bored next week ill just run an offline od with 2 users cause im sure im right :)

btw 4Loko is gross, halfway done with a can now

JeffHCross
11-19-2010, 05:02 PM
btw 4Loko is gross, halfway done with a can nowNo shit, dude. It's not designed to taste good.

Did you get it before or after they took the caffeine out of it? If after, I'm sure it's even worse.

Oneback
11-19-2010, 05:16 PM
sounds good, if im bored next week ill just run an offline od with 2 users cause im sure im right :)

btw 4Loko is gross, halfway done with a can now

Is this you Prime?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLzuJphrtVo&feature=related

fsuprime
11-19-2010, 05:18 PM
hahaha, ive only found out about this stuff due to the FDA pending Ban, and washington and michigan already banning it so i had to go buy some today to see what the fuss was about....this music video sold me though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVWWre8tn_U

where you get it at? i bought it at the corner stoh oh

Kingpin32
11-19-2010, 06:51 PM
After that video, I all of a sudden want to get a 4 loko.

psuexv
11-19-2010, 09:24 PM
Four loko sucks. You need to get Joose, it's the real deal. Get the Grape. That dude in the video is nuts. I love the buck knife he pulls out.