CLW
12-01-2017, 04:34 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4o4edIblLA

Rudy
12-01-2017, 10:12 PM
EA will learn if consumers stay away.

JBHuskers
12-05-2017, 01:33 PM
Read this first.... https://www.polygon.com/2017/12/5/16735530/ufc-3-microtransactions-ultimate-team-controversy

The people are bitching about ULTIMATE TEAM :D there is no controversy with UFC3...

CLW
12-05-2017, 05:49 PM
Read this first.... https://www.polygon.com/2017/12/5/16735530/ufc-3-microtransactions-ultimate-team-controversy

The people are bitching about ULTIMATE TEAM :D there is no controversy with UFC3...

Well I as a potential EA consumer have a MAJOR problem with all iterations of EAs pay to win quasi gambling ultimate team modes. Now I just vote with my wallet by not buying any of their products.

However I suspect their time is running short with liberal elected officials now looking at regulating it out of gaming or requiring a rating of 18 years old just to play.

Edit and quoting an article from know EA kissass good doesn't move the needle.

JBHuskers
12-05-2017, 05:56 PM
That has nothing to do with anything. This is blind rage from Star Wars from people who probably haven't even seen a UFC 3 video before bitching.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

SmoothPancakes
12-05-2017, 10:28 PM
Well I as a potential EA consumer have a MAJOR problem with all iterations of EAs pay to win quasi gambling ultimate team modes. Now I just vote with my wallet by not buying any of their products.

However I suspect their time is running short with liberal elected officials now looking at regulating it out of gaming or requiring a rating of 18 years old just to play.

Edit and quoting an article from know EA kissass good doesn't move the needle.Wait, are you saying liberals in government do have their uses and positives in your eyes?

I'm not sure I ever expected to see that. :D

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

CLW
12-06-2017, 07:37 AM
Wait, are you saying liberals in government do have their uses and positives in your eyes?

I'm not sure I ever expected to see that. :D

No I do NOT agree with government intervention in video games. I'd rather the market dictate over time whether my thoughts (EA's pay-to-win ultimate team modes, loot boxes, etc...) are correct. There is no reason for the government to ban/regulate something if the market is by and large ok with the quasi gambling/pay-to-win mechanics.

SmoothPancakes
12-06-2017, 08:29 AM
No I do NOT agree with government intervention in video games. I'd rather the market dictate over time whether my thoughts (EA's pay-to-win ultimate team modes, loot boxes, etc...) are correct. There is no reason for the government to ban/regulate something if the market is by and large ok with the quasi gambling/pay-to-win mechanics.Unfortunately, the market ain't gonna do anything. Ultimate Team has been around for years now and sure isn't disappearing anytime soon. And I doubt we'll see micro-transactions and loot boxes go away anytime in the coming years. If anything is learned from EA and Battlefront II, companies won't make it quite as major a part of the entire game, but it isn't going anywhere. Hell, even lost sales from Battlefront II have probably been wiped out by whales buying loot boxes before they were disabled.

CLW
12-06-2017, 04:43 PM

Lets break down Owen Good's "logic" shall we:

Ultimate Team modes, or some variant using microtransactions, have been in just about every licensed sports video game except motorsports since EA Sports came up with the concept about a decade ago.

Anyone who played UFC 2 would have known this is nothing new. And if it wasn’t an outrageous pay-to-win scheme when that game launched in 2016, why is it now?

Basically, its an argument that its been going on for a long time so it cannot be wrong. Its a classic straw man and an odd one from an uber-leftist in Good. Should Mr. Good's "logic" always be followed:slavery; segregation; etc... were all once things that had been done for a long time. Doesn't/didn't make them right (NO IM NOT ARGUING THAT MICROTRANSACTIONS ARE AS BAD AS SLAVERY).

If you want to see what a real pay-to-win scheme looks like in a sports video game, visit NBA 2K18’s playground.

Again another WEAK straw man argument. Its almost like he's conceding yeah what EA has done is bad but 2k is worse. This one is used all the time by politicians especially lately with the sex scandal Roy Moore is more awful than Sen. Franken et al. Bad behavior does not justify someone's "lesser" bad behavior. In other words, Good is deflecting the issue at hand (EA's Ultimate Team pay to win scheme) by saying 2K's scheme is worse. Again it may or may not be "worse" but it simply has nothing to do with whether consumers are correct in being mad at pay-to-win gambling in EA's sports games.

It would also make me mad, because I do play Ultimate Team.

I like the bad behavior/mode damn the ramifications. Again, no justification for why pay-to-win should be allowed how it feeds off gambling/addiction tendencies in players etc....

Ultimate Team is in the game, but it isn’t the game.

LMFAO I don't think anyone seriously can say with a straight face that the DOMINANT amount of time/effort/resources/attention etc... from EA Sports is in its ultimate team pay-to-win model hell they brag that nearly 50% of its revenue is from people ponying up.

In short, Good's article/logic/argument is feeble at best.