PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR Heat 2 - General Discussion & Impressions

cdj
09-12-2017, 04:05 PM
Now that this one is available, use this thread to discuss the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rguc_RGTp3Q

cdj
09-12-2017, 04:06 PM
Really would like to give this one a fair shake, but there's just so many games that are out or about to release.

Reviews have been OK, so far. Heard Polygon gave it a 75.

SmoothPancakes
09-12-2017, 04:37 PM
I went ahead and bought this, haven't played a Nascar game in probably 15 years. I've only had time to put maybe 30-45 minutes into it, but I've enjoyed my time so far. I've run some career in my limited time, going through the first "season" of Trucks doing hot seat races and trying to get a full time gig next season.

In the races I have run, I've found some success moving up positions during the course of the race (my best finishes have been 13th, 16th and 21st), but I've also been bitten hard on the ass if I take the wrong line into a turn and lose too much speed. I've dropped nearly 10 spots in a single turn one race because I took a bad line and had to hit the brakes hard to keep from going into the wall.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

JBHuskers
09-28-2017, 11:46 AM
General consensus on Amazon is that it's much improved, really tempted, but at the same time not overly motivated. They need to release this around Daytona for more excitement around it.