PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR 2011: The Game

JBHuskers
09-29-2010, 03:45 PM
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2010/0929/vg_nascar_1_576.jpg

Okay so it's real, and here is an interview from ESPN Video Games:

http://espn.go.com/espn/thelife/videogames/blog/_/name/thegamer/id/5630221/nascar-revs-video-game-return-eutechnyx?readmore=fullstory

And out of nowhere it will be out just in time for the NASCAR season in February.

UGA14
09-29-2010, 10:59 PM
Doesn't sound awful. We'll see...

CLW
09-30-2010, 11:05 AM
IMO February is the PERFECT time to release a NASCAR game. I'm not aware of any major sports titles releasing that month and it is right at the start of the new season.

EDIT: This quote is interesting (and IMO can be argued to how EA has handled other exclusive licenses as well)

"They had the exclusive license, so they no longer needed to put all their resources into it. They outsourced everything and the game languished."

cdj
10-05-2010, 06:40 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEbH7tYkd9Y

JBHuskers
10-05-2010, 09:47 AM
Looks purdy....hopefully it plays as well as it looks.

steelerfan
10-05-2010, 11:49 AM
Yeah, I agree. That trailer looks great. I'm not a NASCAR fan (actually I despise it) or a racing fan at all. I'm not even a fan of any racing video games. However, that looks very, very good (at least in the trailer).

JBHuskers
10-05-2010, 11:56 AM
I'm a NASCAR fan at the start of the season, then baseball starts, then football....hard to keep up.

CLW
10-05-2010, 12:37 PM
Looks great this game is going to be on my radar.

JeffHCross
10-06-2010, 10:10 PM
No way is that gameplay footage.

The CoT has probably made it easier to make a NASCAR game ... only one model to make.

UGA14
10-07-2010, 01:12 PM
Definitely CGI. If the game looked like that and the radio sounded like that, I'd expect that to be a very realistic NASCAR game. However, that wreck looked incredibly over the top... I mean I'm excited about the potential, but we'll see.

cdj
10-27-2010, 03:53 PM
Two-part interview with Eutechnyx executive vice president, Ed Martin from OS: Part 1 (http://www.operationsports.com/feature.php?id=1151) - Part 2 (http://www.operationsports.com/feature.php?id=1163)

cdj
11-19-2010, 03:40 PM
Hands-on preview from Games Radar (http://www.gamesradar.com/xbox360/nascar-the-game-2011/preview/nascar-the-game-2011-hands-on-preview/a-20101118151537693090/g-2010111815425601069)

JeffHCross
11-19-2010, 05:06 PM
Developed by Eutechnyx, the game is a huge upgrade from its predecessor, immediately more visceral and intense than before.I'm sorry, but I have trouble stomaching any preview that gets something simple like that this is the first game of a new series from a new studio and a new publisher wrong.

One of racing games’ most difficult feats is capturing the character of the drivers themselves. A lot of simulation games offer ultra realistic driving, but not many put effort into the drivers themselves. Bullcrap. Any licensed simulation game puts effort into that.

A decent preview, overall, but a little too much of that was straight from the press release.

cdj
12-02-2010, 11:27 PM
VG Revolution has Part 1 of the drivers in the game along with car & suit images and a few screens (http://www.vgrevolution.com/2010/12/nascar-the-game-2011-drivers-revealed-part-1/).

JeffHCross
12-04-2010, 01:22 AM
So nice of them to post that list in absolutely no order.

UGA14
12-05-2010, 09:42 AM
Yeah really. Are they filling out the fields with relatively unknown truck series drivers too? Jennifer Co Cobb?

JeffHCross
12-05-2010, 03:02 PM
Yeah really. Are they filling out the fields with relatively unknown truck series drivers too? Jennifer Co Cobb?I'm also trying to figure out why Aric Amirola is driving the "51a" car ... what?

steelerfan
12-05-2010, 04:11 PM
I'm also trying to figure out why Aric Amirola is driving the "51a" car ... what?

I don't know a damn thing about any of this, but does this statement relate to your question?

Aric was named standby driver for Jimmie Johnson and Jeff Gordon in 2010 by Hendrick Motorsports.

JeffHCross
12-05-2010, 04:19 PM
I don't know a damn thing about any of this, but does this statement relate to your question?Not at all. That's just a pathetic attempt to give him a biography worth of inclusion. There are much better things to say about Aric.

I've basically lost all hope for this title after looking at this disaster of a driver list.

steelerfan
12-05-2010, 04:52 PM
Not at all. That's just a pathetic attempt to give him a biography worth of inclusion.

Gotcha.

cdj
12-17-2010, 09:02 AM
GameSpot's "On the Spot" gets a demonstration of the game (http://uk.gamespot.com/xbox360/driving/nascar2011thegame/video/6285543/nascar-2011-the-game-daily-demo).

JBHuskers
12-17-2010, 09:59 AM
I'm liking the detail on damage here. Graphics look good, not a huge fan of the HUD though with the exception of the "radar" at the bottom...I kinda like that.

Excited to see how this adaptive AI actually plays out.

Nice touch that they have Kentucky Speedway in the game.

WOW the detail of tuning your car is pretty sick. That would be awesome to kinda research in real life what teams do on certain tracks and implement them in your car.

And a very nice free update for the 2011 season.

Overall I'm pretty stoked at the look and feel of the game so far.....

UGA14
12-18-2010, 07:43 AM
Looks cool but I hope there are options for the HUD. And I hope there's a roof view. I don't need to know when I'm drafting.

CLW
12-18-2010, 08:50 AM
Looks like a solid title. Hopefully, it sells well as although I'm not a HUGE Nascar fan, I've always enjoyed playing the Nascar games.

JeffHCross
12-18-2010, 12:00 PM
Danica Patrick is in the game ... sigh ... they basically threw 43 (or more, I suppose) drivers in there, regardless of what level they actually compete in.

JBHuskers
12-18-2010, 01:40 PM
Danica Patrick is in the game ... sigh ... they basically threw 43 (or more, I suppose) drivers in there, regardless of what level they actually compete in.

Well I'm assuming all Truck, Nationwide, and Sprint Cup drivers are in the game.

JeffHCross
12-18-2010, 02:06 PM
Well I'm assuming all Truck, Nationwide, and Sprint Cup drivers are in the game.I would not assume that at all. You'd be talking about well over 100 drivers, maybe even closer to 200, and duplicate numbers galore.

JBHuskers
12-18-2010, 02:29 PM
I would not assume that at all. You'd be talking about well over 100 drivers, maybe even closer to 200, and duplicate numbers galore.

But the drivers don't race all in the same circuit....they drive different cars within the different levels.....Carl Edwards drives a completely different car in Nationwide than he does in Sprint.

JeffHCross
12-18-2010, 03:37 PM
But the drivers don't race all in the same circuit....That's my entire complaint. If you look at the 22 drivers they announced already, they had two Truck drivers driving Sprint Cup cars with their Truck paint schemes. And in the video cdj posted, Danica's on the track along with Jimmy and other Sprint Cup drivers, running with her Nationwide colors.

I'm guessing you'll see 43 drivers total, and it won't even be just the top 43 in Sprint.

CLW
12-18-2010, 04:28 PM
They are going to put the 43 "Most Popular" drivers in the game. Ms. Patrick obviously qualifies for that group. Look at it this way, you can crash her ass every time you see her on the track.

UGA14
12-18-2010, 06:27 PM
Either way it's gotta be better than what we currently have. I just wish we could get a field of 43 of the actual people racing in Sprint Cup each week. Danica - we'll probably never see.

That said, is there any level of customization here? It would be great if we had a Forza level of share in this game that allowed people to create the custom paint schemes like NASCAR games on the computer.

cdj
12-18-2010, 06:55 PM
UGA - The video says there is a FORZA level of customization. His example was that you can create the Budweiser car since they can't have it in the game and keep their "E" rating.

CLW
12-19-2010, 07:24 AM
UGA - The video says there is a FORZA level of customization. His example was that you can create the Budweiser car since they can't have it in the game and keep their "E" rating.

That cracks me up that a simple advertisement for a Beer would elevate a title's rating.

While I'm thinking of it, doesn't MLB The Show say Busch Stadium?

I guess they could argue the stadium is named after the family and not the beer.

UGA14
12-19-2010, 08:59 AM

Fantastic. I didn't watch with volume. Yeah it's always been like that - even back in the day the rating of the game would go up for this stuff. It used to drive me insane... so this is good.

JeffHCross
12-19-2010, 09:50 AM
They are going to put the 43 "Most Popular" drivers in the game. Ms. Patrick obviously qualifies for that group.True, but I would guess that Aric Almirola and Jennifer Jo Cobb don't. Realistically, they probably just took the 30 or so drivers that they couldn't skip ... plus 13 that made sense and were cheap.

CLW
12-19-2010, 10:41 AM
Maybe I missed it. Has there been any word on whether there will be the ability to have an online season mode? I'd definitely pick this bad boy up if we could get a TGT Cup goin'.

cdj
12-19-2010, 11:49 AM
Good question, CLW. I'll see if I can find an article on online features. That would be a blast and move this game into possible purchase status for me. :)

EDIT - Here is what the official site (http://nascarthegame.com/) currently has for Online features:

NASCAR The Game 2011 supports online racing, with up to 16 player races and offers players additional modes of gameplay and the chance to increase their online skill rating.

Players can join or create private multiplayer lobbies with ease, utilizing a choice of pre-defined race styles and additional race settings to create the race they want. Pit stops, tire wear, fuel consumption and caution flags can all feature in an online race if the player wishes.

Players have the freedom to race with any of their cars online, any custom paint schemes and any tuning setups. Online play and split-screen also allows players to race as any of their favourite NASCAR drivers.

CLW
12-19-2010, 05:29 PM
Good question, CLW. I'll see if I can find an article on online features. That would be a blast and move this game into possible purchase status for me. :)

EDIT - Here is what the official site (http://nascarthegame.com/) currently has for Online features:

NASCAR The Game 2011 supports online racing, with up to 16 player races and offers players additional modes of gameplay and the chance to increase their online skill rating.

Players can join or create private multiplayer lobbies with ease, utilizing a choice of pre-defined race styles and additional race settings to create the race they want. Pit stops, tire wear, fuel consumption and caution flags can all feature in an online race if the player wishes.

Players have the freedom to race with any of their cars online, any custom paint schemes and any tuning setups. Online play and split-screen also allows players to race as any of their favourite NASCAR drivers.

That sounds like a no. Regardless, we could set up a 16 person Cup here with a more simplified scoring system. Of course finding days/times for 16 people to all be available at the same time might be tricky.

CLW
01-11-2011, 05:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33YAoVYhdRY&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNxshc_LNPI&feature=player_embedded

UGA14
01-12-2011, 03:22 PM
Finally a video where the idiot isn't trying to cause the biggest wreck in the history of racing. Looks pretty cool thus far.

CLW
01-12-2011, 03:39 PM
Finally a video where the idiot isn't trying to cause the biggest wreck in the history of racing. Looks pretty cool thus far.

Yeah having grown up with NASCAR/Racing fans in the family I know they are REALLY looking forward to this game. LOL I'm pretty sure my brother bought his son a PS3 for Christmas just so he could get this game in February.

Looks pretty tight. If we could get a small group here to setup some type of online Nascar league I'd definitely buy it. If not, I'll probably just add it to the GameFly Queue.

JeffHCross
01-13-2011, 04:41 PM
According to Pasta, NASCAR is being delayed until late March (http://www.pastapadre.com/2011/01/12/nascar-2011-delayed-to-competitive-date). Personally, I'm fine with them delaying a game (even a sports game) until it's right.

The problem, though, is two-fold. One, that means they're not releasing before Daytona. It's fair to say, I believe, that interest in NASCAR peaks at Daytona. So there may be a loss of sales there. Second, and possibly more importantly, the late March date they're probably moving to is very competitive. Need for Speed and Tiger Woods are both releasing that day, and a bunch of other high-profile games are releasing around that time. It's not a good thing to be a new title and facing that much competition for release.

SmoothPancakes
01-13-2011, 05:17 PM
Shit. I was trying to plan out my game purchases during the first half of 2011, putting some space between them, since it appears I may have quite a large number of purchases. Now TW12 and this is on the same release date.

JeffHCross
01-14-2011, 10:20 PM
Gamefly.

JBHuskers
01-15-2011, 03:34 PM
Hmmmmmm TGT NASCAR League anyone?

JeffHCross
01-15-2011, 03:37 PM
If it doesn't totally suck, I'd be up for doing something.

CLW
01-15-2011, 04:49 PM
Hmmmmmm TGT NASCAR League anyone?

If it doesn't totally suck, I'd be up for doing something.

If we get some definite yeses for a league I'll buy at launch. Love me some racing against HUM opponents. Of course logistics is going to be key.

UGA14
01-16-2011, 11:25 AM
I'll have the game. Depending on the day of league races I'd be interested.

CLW
01-21-2011, 04:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgdeTcOOVyU&feature=feedu

JBHuskers
01-21-2011, 04:29 PM
Wonder if they can easily get the new points system in....if NASCAR goes with it....

JeffHCross
01-21-2011, 08:20 PM
Wonder if they can easily get the new points system in....if NASCAR goes with it....One would think that would be one of the easier things to patch in, especially if it's as simple as the 1-to-43 system they've been talking about. Then it's just a relatively simple math change.

JBHuskers
01-21-2011, 10:42 PM
One would think that would be one of the easier things to patch in, especially if it's as simple as the 1-to-43 system they've been talking about. Then it's just a relatively simple math change.

Yep just edit values that are in a table...

CLW
02-12-2011, 07:21 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nijo1YvHr_8&feature=feedu

cdj
02-15-2011, 04:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5dwpBiRG9M

CLW
02-16-2011, 10:21 AM
This game looks pretty nice. I'm probably going to pick this bad boy up and hoping we can get a TGT Cup Chase going.

JBHuskers
02-16-2011, 10:00 PM
This game looks pretty nice. I'm probably going to pick this bad boy up and hoping we can get a TGT Cup Chase going.

Yeah I definitely would like to run a once a week league.

JeffHCross
02-16-2011, 10:09 PM
If it doesn't suck (this is key) and you guys get a league going, I'd probably pick it up just for that.

CLW
02-17-2011, 06:22 AM
I've never owned a wheel before. Do they actually help/make the game more fun? Thinking of picking one up.

CLW
02-17-2011, 04:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PklMGIQe8rg&feature=feedu

JBHuskers
02-17-2011, 06:44 PM
I've never owned a wheel before. Do they actually help/make the game more fun? Thinking of picking one up.

I had the Dale Jr. wheel for PS2, and didn't like it.

JeffHCross
02-17-2011, 08:16 PM
I've never owned a wheel before. Do they actually help/make the game more fun? Thinking of picking one up.They help in "sim" racers like Gran Turismo where having precise control is important. I can't tell what type of game NASCAR is going to be yet.

UGA14
02-19-2011, 10:22 AM
They help in any realistic NASCAR game where the car actually pulls like it does in real life.

JeffHCross
02-20-2011, 04:46 PM
As cdj posted earlier, here's Part 1 of the drivers in the game: http://www.vgrevolution.com/2010/12/nascar-the-game-2011-drivers-revealed-part-1/
Here's part 2, which was never posted here: http://www.vgrevolution.com/2010/12/nascar-the-game-2011-drivers-revealed-part-2/

There will be only 43 drivers total, so that's all you've got, folks.

Of note is the fact that there are 4 cars with "a" numbers, meaning there's both a ## and a ##a among the 43 cars. Sigh. This is because they took 43 drivers, regardless of Sprint/Nationwide/Truck affiliation, and threw them into Sprint Cup cars.

Thankfully, Trevor Bayne will be in ... just not in his Wood Brothers livery. In fact, none of the 2011 changes appear to be reflected (though this may be due to when this preview was made and not reflect the final product).

JBHuskers
02-21-2011, 12:03 PM
Between Marvel v. Capcom 3, Bulletstorm, and Killzone 3, I will have $50 in credit at Amazon, think that will be perfect to use for this game, and if it is horrible, sell it right away.

JBHuskers
02-22-2011, 11:28 AM
Just used $50 worth of Amazon credits to pre-order this ... with release date delivery it will cost me $10.98.

CLW
02-22-2011, 03:51 PM
Just used $50 worth of Amazon credits to pre-order this ... with release date delivery it will cost me $10.98.

Have we "officially" decided to get a TGT Cup going? If so, I'm down for a release day purchase (along with a steering wheel) as well. Of course the major issue is going to be logistics. I can forsee 1 race per week. For me that would ideally be on a weekend or late at night. I'd also prefer a "long" race where pit stops are part of the equation.

JBHuskers
02-22-2011, 04:00 PM
Have we "officially" decided to get a TGT Cup going? If so, I'm down for a release day purchase (along with a steering wheel) as well. Of course the major issue is going to be logistics. I can forsee 1 race per week. For me that would ideally be on a weekend or late at night. I'd also prefer a "long" race where pit stops are part of the equation.

Yeah I'm on the same wavelength there....once a week longer race. We'll have to see how many get it. This will be for PS3 by the way.

CLW
02-22-2011, 04:07 PM
Yeah I'm on the same wavelength there....once a week longer race. We'll have to see how many get it. This will be for PS3 by the way.

LMAO yeah I'm not going out to get a 360 for the prestigious TGT Cup. :D

I don't think scoring will be too hard especially with Nascar's new 1-40 something system. Even an attorney can do that math. :nod:

Is a seperate thread/section of the forums in order to gague interest in this preliminary stage?

JBHuskers
02-22-2011, 04:29 PM
LMAO yeah I'm not going out to get a 360 for the prestigious TGT Cup. :D

I don't think scoring will be too hard especially with Nascar's new 1-40 something system. Even an attorney can do that math. :nod:

Is a seperate thread/section of the forums in order to gague interest in this preliminary stage?

Yeah when we get closer to the release.

JeffHCross
02-23-2011, 07:27 PM
Promising news for anyone hoping for a sim-style game, though this does seem rather late in the cycle.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/115/1151580p1.html

psusnoop
02-24-2011, 01:32 PM
I may be interested in this as well.

I still have and played up until recently Nascar 4 by Papyrus. Loved that game.

texacotea
02-24-2011, 02:15 PM
yeah i'm on the same wavelength there....once a week longer race. We'll have to see how many get it. this will be for ps3 by the way.

boooooooooo

JBHuskers
02-24-2011, 02:29 PM
boooooooooo

Yeah we really can't combine systems like on Tiger, and most of the people here are PS3 anyways.

texacotea
02-24-2011, 06:58 PM
I understand, I was getting excited and then you hit me with that

JeffHCross
02-24-2011, 08:10 PM
Tex, I thought you only had a PS3 anyway ...

I still have and played up until recently Nascar 4 by Papyrus. Loved that game.NASCAR 1, NASCAR 2, NASCAR 4, NASCAR 2002, NASCAR 2003. Still have most or all of them, lol.

texacotea
02-25-2011, 06:43 AM
Jeff, after the birth of my 2nd child (which put a damper on my soon to be reign of powerhouse) I had to let go of online dynastys and started playing COD. Being all the guys I hang with (or used to) had a 360 and was playing COD I traded for a 360.

SmoothPancakes
02-25-2011, 09:37 AM
I understand, I was getting excited and then you hit me with that

I feel your pain tex. I too was getting excited about the thoughts of doing an online league. Since I'm already buying Top Spin 4 and Tiger Woods 12 on March 15th and 29th, looks like this is becoming a "whenever down the road" buy now instead of release day buy.

cdj
02-25-2011, 09:54 AM
Rynoaid (from Tradition Football) mentioned the possibility of his site and ours working together for some Online League(s) in this one. Maybe we can check and see how many guys have interest on each console and run the PS3 league through TGT and the 360 league through TF.

SmoothPancakes
02-25-2011, 10:19 AM
Yeah, if TF or someone would be interested in putting together a 360 group, I'd definitely be interested. I haven't owned a NASCAR game since NASCAR 2001 back on PS2. So I am definitely looking forward to this one, even if it ends up not being great for some reason, I'm getting it regardless just so I can have a new racing game to play. But I would definitely love to throw in some online racing in a league or group in addition to going through career mode and whatnot. If TF or someone is interested in a getting a 360 group going, I'm definitely game for considering this for a release day buy, otherwise it might be a "whenever I have the extra funds to use as I wish" buy down the road with other games coming out around the same time I'm planning on buying.

JeffHCross
02-25-2011, 06:50 PM
Jeff, after the birth of my 2nd child (which put a damper on my soon to be reign of powerhouse) I had to let go of online dynastys and started playing COD. Being all the guys I hang with (or used to) had a 360 and was playing COD I traded for a 360.Well then you should probably put your 360 handle in your profile and not your PS3, lol. ;) That does explain why I haven't seen you in forever on PSN.

texacotea
02-25-2011, 08:21 PM
Well then you should probably put your 360 handle in your profile and not your PS3, lol. ;) That does explain why I haven't seen you in forever on PSN.

fixed

CLW
02-26-2011, 06:41 AM
Wife preordered the game for my bday yesterday from Amazon so I'm ready to take home the TGT Cup bitches!

Iron Dragon
02-27-2011, 06:53 PM
I'll probably be up for it.

How long would our seasons be? Would we follow the 36-race schedule or cut the season down to like 20?

JBHuskers
02-27-2011, 08:57 PM
Once I get a hold of the game, I'll have a better idea of what to do.

JBHuskers
02-27-2011, 09:13 PM
Since I will be forming the league once the game comes out, I went ahead and posted a sticky in the Other Video Games forum for sign-ups. One less thing to do when the game comes out since that and Tiger are out at the same time.

cdj
02-27-2011, 09:39 PM
I've reached out to TF to see if they are interested in joining us. Perhaps have PS3 side here, 360 league there. I'll update you guys on what I find out.

CLW
02-28-2011, 06:08 AM
I'll probably be up for it.

How long would our seasons be? Would we follow the 36-race schedule or cut the season down to like 20?

Once I get a hold of the game, I'll have a better idea of what to do.

My personal preference would be once race per week (preferably late night or on weekend) same day/time each week and to do the complete Nascar season.

Do we know if there are any limits to the # of people that can play in an online race?

cdj
02-28-2011, 07:41 AM
Here is what the official site (http://nascarthegame.com/features) has. Looks like we should be able to do what we need/want for the league:

CLW
02-28-2011, 09:45 AM
Any idea on how starting positions are determined for online races? I.e. would we each (and the CPU) run qualifying lap times.

JBHuskers
02-28-2011, 09:50 AM
Any idea on how starting positions are determined for online races? I.e. would we each (and the CPU) run qualifying lap times.

Those type of things won't be answered until I get my hands on the game.

JBHuskers
02-28-2011, 09:51 AM
May just do a random draw (if I'm able to set starting positions)...thankfully there are private lobbies. We could also do a qualifying race...where we just do a two lap race....as long as I can see the lap times (which I assume we'll be able to).

Do you guys want to make your own car, or select a driver?

CLW
02-28-2011, 10:06 AM
May just do a random draw (if I'm able to set starting positions)...thankfully there are private lobbies. We could also do a qualifying race...where we just do a two lap race....as long as I can see the lap times (which I assume we'll be able to).

Do you guys want to make your own car, or select a driver?

The 2 Lap qualifying race is interesting idea/work around but I'd be fine with random drawings.

I'm also fine with either the own car or driver select. However, I think we should be required to use the same car/driver for every race (i.e. no Dale Jr. one week and Tony Stewart the next)

JBHuskers
02-28-2011, 10:18 AM
The 2 Lap qualifying race is interesting idea/work around but I'd be fine with random drawings.

I'm also fine with either the own car or driver select. However, I think we should be required to use the same car/driver for every race (i.e. no Dale Jr. one week and Tony Stewart the next)

Yeah that's what I meant....we stick with the same driver throughout. I think we should just go with established cars/drivers.

Iron Dragon
02-28-2011, 04:02 PM
I think we should allow for us to make our own schemes if we stick with the same number each week. I have some ideas ready..

It puts more of a career feel to it.. that way if I get bored with a sponsor at the end of the year, I can get a new car etc.

Obviously the points would be easy to keep track of going from 16 to 1, +1 for leading a lap, +1 extra for leading the most, and +3 for winning, so you could get up to 21 a race.

Iron Dragon
03-01-2011, 06:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wc1Xhr0eeWk

CLW
03-01-2011, 07:21 PM
I REALLY hope this game is good. I think they are trying to go in the right/sim direction. Hopefully, they are able to deliver and we can have a yearly Nascar title to enjoy

JBHuskers
03-03-2011, 04:20 PM
Not that many signed up yet, so this may be a little further after the release of the game as people are probably hesitant on getting it.

CLW
03-04-2011, 06:04 AM
Not that many signed up yet, so this may be a little further after the release of the game as people are probably hesitant on getting it.

Cowards!

JBHuskers
03-04-2011, 09:22 AM
One thing I can say about the in-game footage, it really looks solid in terms of the look and feel of the cars on the track....they're not just blocks of sprites lumbering around. You can notice cars getting loose on the turns and such.

CLW
03-04-2011, 11:54 AM
One thing I can say about the in-game footage, it really looks solid in terms of the look and feel of the cars on the track....they're not just blocks of sprites lumbering around. You can notice cars getting loose on the turns and such.

Yeah everything I have seen looks REALLY solid/sim. Hoping more people jump on board after a demo/closer to release.

JBHuskers
03-04-2011, 01:30 PM
For those who are getting this at release, we'll have to do some test races in a private lobby so we can hash a few things out for a hopeful league.

CLW
03-04-2011, 01:34 PM
For those who are getting this at release, we'll have to do some test races in a private lobby so we can hash a few things out for a hopeful league.

Did you contact the powers that be over at Tradition? I know its more of a 360 site but that might help drive up some numbers.

JeffHCross
03-04-2011, 11:04 PM
Yeah everything I have seen looks REALLY solid/sim. Hoping more people jump on board after a demo/closer to release.That's definitely where I'm at. I mean, I loved the Papyrus sims back in the day, but I haven't been able to get into any racing sims since. And even NASCAR 2003 ... I'll play it for a few months at a time, maybe at the most, then forget about it. Not sure if I want to hop into NASCAR like that with NCAA really just around the corner ...

More than anything though I just want to wait and see what the demo is like. If I like the feel (and I can stand the horrible, horrible decisions for who to put in the game), I can live with it.

CLW
03-08-2011, 07:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyPPrwYE4uU&feature=feedu

JBHuskers
03-27-2011, 01:49 PM
At Best Buy you get Talladega Nights with this game :D :D :D

Who all is getting this game at release? I used Amazon credits to basically get it for $10, so I'll have it at release.

CLW
03-27-2011, 04:51 PM
At Best Buy you get Talladega Nights with this game :D :D :D

Who all is getting this game at release? I used Amazon credits to basically get it for $10, so I'll have it at release.

I have it pre-ordered through Amazon but I am having second thoughts given the lack of interest here. Was really hoping we could get 10 guys to do a TGT Cup.

JBHuskers
03-27-2011, 06:19 PM
Yeah...oh well maybe if the game is good people will get in eventually. I'm still getting it since it's only costing me $10 or so plus I'm getting a $10 credit.

Iron Dragon
03-27-2011, 09:12 PM
I am getting it via Amazon as well on release-day.

cdj
03-28-2011, 11:21 AM
I'll be getting it tomorrow (PS3) as well.

Last I checked, interest at TF seemed to be waning but I will double check this evening.

JBHuskers
03-28-2011, 11:22 AM
Hell if you guys want to just do a 5-man league, it's not like we HAVE to close registration when we start the season....maybe give it three weeks or so after release and see how it all works.

CLW
03-28-2011, 11:27 AM
Hell if you guys want to just do a 5-man league, it's not like we HAVE to close registration when we start the season....maybe give it three weeks or so after release and see how it all works.

Sounds good. I didn't cancel mine. I called home last night and my brother and nephew are getting the game. So if nothing else I can put my 8 year old Nephew's Dale Jr. car into the wall. :nod:

cdj
03-28-2011, 11:29 AM
Sounds good. I didn't cancel mine. I called home last night and my brother and nephew are getting the game. So if nothing else I can put my 8 year old Nephew's Dale Jr. car into the wall. :nod:

Get him into the league! ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1U5ndOgai2I&feature=channel_video_title

JBHuskers
03-28-2011, 11:35 AM
"Ladies love SMUV Gee" :smh:

cdj
03-28-2011, 11:39 AM
Developer interview courtesy Games Eye View (http://www.gameseyeview.com/2011/03/25/nascar-the-game-2011-developer-interview/) Click for full interview.

GamesEyeView: Thanks for taking the time to answer some questions for our readers. Let’s get started. How realistic is the opponent AI?

Gareth Wright: We set ourselves the ambitious challenge of re-creating the characteristics of the real NASCAR drivers and to have this reflected in the attitude of the AI – this rivalry, camaraderie and attitude to risk comes across really well in the game.

Players want to see AI drivers trying to bump-draft with each other as well as with the player, running 4 wide at the superspeedways, and making aggressive overtakes at the road courses – its all there in the game.

The AI possesses an awareness of the player’s position at all times and will assess his speed and lines before making their own moves. This is fed into the Spotter VO AI which warns the player of incidents ahead, drivers closing behind, opponents running high or low, and the best opportunities to pass.

We’ve spent a lot of time enhancing the AI throughout development and wrote several new systems enabling the AI to react, judge and race as they would in the real NASCAR races, taking into account different challenges presented for each driver, on each track.

Access to real NASCAR data and hours of race footage has helped immensely, as well as invaluable forum support and testing.

GEV: Can you create custom paint jobs and logos for your car?

GW: In today’s modern racing titles players desire more and more freedom to style their rides. This has bred a large community of talented gamers and prolific designers who earn notoriety online and in forums through showcasing the incredible paint schemes they create.

We wanted to embrace this revolution in NTG2011 and also naturally expect the NASCAR fans to have the urge to create their own unique fusions of bright colour, crazy graphics and sponsor logos.

The styling area in NTG2011 offers complete freedom for players to express their flair and creativity, with the only limit being their own imaginations.

The backbone of the game’s styling area is truly unique. Some console racers use sides as a base for players to style the cars – players must apply decals independently to the roof, front or rear for example. In NTG2011 there are no sides, players can apply and manipulate decals any where on the car, using proprietary 3D surface technology developed at Eutechnyx.

Players have full control over the camera, and can project graphics onto whatever surface of the car they are looking at. Ever wanted to stick a decal on a corner of the car in one go? Or stamp shapes all over body in seconds? Now you can, the Styling Area’s 3D surface technology enables even the most novice stylists to create unique schemes with speed and simplicity.

Pro stylists can also make use of the sticker creator feature to design their own images to stamp around the car, or the new gradient option to fill a decal with a blend of any two colors.

Over 650 decal graphics are available in the game, including tribals and flames, race-themed shapes, flags, sponsor logos, and letters.

In addition to the styling area, players will also unlock fictional and official NASCAR driver paint schemes throughout the game.

cdj
03-28-2011, 11:42 AM
Also from that interview:

GEV: Obviously gamers are always looking for fresh content. Do you have any DLC planned to lengthen the game’s appeal?

GW: We are planning to release DLC for Xbox 360 and Sony PS3 which will update items like the paint schemes to 2011. We’ll be making a big announcement in the near future.

Iron Dragon
03-29-2011, 09:47 AM
I am waiting for this to arrive. UPS normally doesn't come until like 3-5 here though.

CLW
03-29-2011, 10:07 AM
Get him into the league! ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1U5ndOgai2I&feature=channel_video_title

Lol i doubt the 8 year old would be able to stay up past his bed time for some gaming action. My brother might be interested. I'll check and see. I think the main issue will likely be whether his internet connection is fast enough.

cdj
03-29-2011, 12:37 PM
A review from VG Revolution (http://www.vgrevolution.com/2011/03/nascar-the-game-2011-review/) - 7.2

It has been years since we got a new NASCAR game and I’m sure i’m not the only one who has been waiting for NASCAR The Game 2011. The core game systems are pretty solid, controls are decent though on the arcade side, and the graphics are pretty nice. But the game lacks polish and detail. When simple things like track condition lights are wrong I’m rather let down. Also how can a 2011 game be using 2010 car models, track designs and schedules? Granted a 2011 update will be out in two months or less, but the fact that it’s not on the disc is a bit disturbing. This is a new franchise and a first for the development team and I give them credit on a first effort, but now it’s time to start working on next year’s title and get the realism and details of NASCAR up to snuff. Things like dynamic crowds, changing weather and sky would be great additions. Some systems also need tuning, cosmetic damage for one is way to high and how about being able to repair your car during the race? My suggestion would be for the team to look at what Codemasters did with F1 2010, things like changing track conditions over a race weekend, let alone that games career mode would make a NASCAR game out of this world. Overall I’ve been enjoying the game, but when the bugs pop-up like the yellow flags I get really annoyed. If you need your NASCAR fix then pick up the game if you can wait a year for the next version of NASCAR The Game you might want to hold off, or at least wait till the updates are released.

Based off of dev Q&A posted yesterday, they seemed to hint that some major DLC coming to update the game which should alleviate a lot of the reviewer's concerns.

JBHuskers
03-29-2011, 12:58 PM
I paid $10 out of my pocket, so as long as it's solid, I probably can over look all that.

Then I got an e-mail from Amazon today...I got a $25 credit for buying this!

Iron Dragon
03-29-2011, 01:05 PM
Yeah the $25 credit is a nice bonus, which means I really only paid $10 for this as well.

JBHuskers
03-29-2011, 01:41 PM
Yeah the $25 credit is a nice bonus, which means I really only paid $10 for this as well.

I actually only paid $10 as I had $50 in credits from Bulletstorm, Killzone 3, and Marvel vs. Capcom 3.....originally the bonus was only a $10 credit, they must have changed it last minute.

CLW
03-29-2011, 01:49 PM
Just checked and my wife got the $25 credit too. Never let the wife order video games for me again :smh:

JBHuskers
03-29-2011, 02:19 PM
Just checked and my wife got the $25 credit too. Never let the wife order video games for me again :smh:

:D

I went and canceled my Portal 2 preorder and reordered it :D

So I'll get it on release day for $30, and a $20 credit :nod:

UGA14
03-29-2011, 04:20 PM
Here's my experience so far: terrible.

Single player sucks.
Multiplayer sucks.

/rant over.

Actually, multiplayer is FULL of bugs. Do these morons even test their games? Seriously, before the human has control of the car there are cars wrecking, flipping over, etc... who the hell makes shit like this?

cdj
03-29-2011, 04:25 PM
Dang - hate to hear that. Are you on PS3 or 360 with it? The PS3 version has a launch day patch, not sure about 360.

Iron Dragon
03-29-2011, 04:59 PM
Really?

I've been in three online races including one with 9 people at Daytona and it was pretty good fun. Single player seems good too.

UGA14
03-29-2011, 05:26 PM
PS3. Got the patch. Online is horrific thus far. I seriously had cars flying off the track prior to even taking the green. Not to mention getting intentionally wrecked, that's awesome. Shall continue trying.

UGA14
03-29-2011, 05:45 PM
Also single player is much too easy even on very hard with all assists off. AI is not good enough. But take that for what it is worth I played NASCAR Racing 2003 Season probably more than any human being should and so racing games are second nature to me.

CLW
03-29-2011, 07:47 PM
damn uga making me have 2nd thoughts about this one.

JBHuskers
03-29-2011, 08:31 PM
I'm going to fire it up in a bit...letting the Tiger DLC download first and I'm going to fire up some WWE All-Stars on the 360 in the meantime.

baseballplyrmvp
03-29-2011, 10:05 PM
eliminator mode on the short tracks is pretty fun. :D i caused a 30 car pile up on martinsville, coming out of turn #4. that was really fun plowing through everyone, and, literally, driving over top of kyle busch.

JeffHCross
03-29-2011, 10:16 PM
Based off of dev Q&A posted yesterday, they seemed to hint that some major DLC coming to update the game which should alleviate a lot of the reviewer's concerns.Better be free DLC, or this will quickly turn into a PR disaster.

Iron Dragon
03-29-2011, 10:34 PM
DLC is going to be free - at least the 2011 update.

JBHuskers
03-30-2011, 10:05 AM
I didn't think this game was too arcady. The only arcady part is the drafting, and you can turn that notification off I think. The driving part of it for the few races I did, I kinda liked. There is potential here I think. Has anyone dug into career yet? What's a good % for racing where you have pit stops but the race isn't a marathon?

JBHuskers
03-30-2011, 02:29 PM
$25 credit is still applicable for both the 360 and PS3 orders at Amazon.

JBHuskers
03-30-2011, 04:26 PM
Patch #2 list and status.... (http://forums.eutechnyx.com/threads/8137-Patch-2-Fix-List-and-Status)

(this will be a running list, post just started)

UGA14
03-30-2011, 06:38 PM
It is arcade. It's definitely not sim. It's far and beyond more sim than anything else that's been related on console in recent memory, but it's definitely not a simulation. You cannot turn all of the HUD stuff off. I really love having a giant graphic on m screen that points at a guy and says "rival" especially when I'm driving as Bill Elliott who is in his 50s and certainly has no actual rival at this stage in his career. It just arbitrarily picks some guy. Which I don't even care, it's the stupid graphic I can't disable.

The spotter is beyond pointless. There's no mirror unless you drive in the cockpit. So roof cam has no mirror. Which wouldn't be a big deal if the spotter did something other than talk about hot dogs and me buying the team a meal and his shrimp cocktail. The DLC is the 2011 season stuff which will be free... but there's so much work that needs to be done it isn't even funny. They HAD to see these issues prior to releasing, which makes it that more frustrating. The AI on very hard will bunch up and slow down in turns and won't really challenge you. If you start 1st or pass them all and stay in decent shape you'll never get passed, they basically stay in single file the entire race.

Although they try to bump draft even though they aren't square on your bumper which typically leads to getting sent flipping off the damn track.

Iron Dragon
03-31-2011, 12:57 PM
:nod:

Bugs:

Fix lack of Caution Flags - To Be Fixed
Fix issues with the A.I. exiting the pits and then pulling straight up the track - To Be Fixed
Reconfigure the damage to improve the look and add more debris on impact - To Be Fixed
Fix Cautions Lights being illuminated all of the time - To Be Fixed
Improve the PS3 voice comms - To Be Fixed
Fix the Rolling Starts Online/Offline so the cars begin in the correct formation and together - To Be Fixed
Fix the instant wrecking during Online Rolling Starts - To Be Fixed
Fix the Lobby Race Start Counter freezing - To Be Fixed
Fix Spotter saying “Clear” too often - To Be Fixed
Improve general stability and freezing issues - To Be Fixed

Improvements:

Change the Gas indicator so it defaults to full in the pit stop interface - To Be Fixed
Draft effect both on the car and visual to be tweaked - To Be Fixed
In Private games, the host will start the timer when they are ready - To Be Fixed
Add support for the Porsche GT2 wheel - To Be Added
Add support for the T500 wheel - To Be Added
Allow the HUD to be completely turned off - To Be Added
Free up the A.I. cars so that when they are hit by a player they will get loose - To Be Fixed
Ensure only Carl Edwards performs a back flip - To Be Fixed
Add the ability to change your Online Car - To Be Added

Investigating:

A.I. being overly aggressive when bump drafting the player
A.I. difficulty being too easy when qualifying
A.I. pitting problems causing them to collide in to each other
A.I. bunching on certain tracks
A.I. slamming their brakes on for no reason
Hitting the wall often turns the car ending up with the player facing the wrong way

JBHuskers
03-31-2011, 01:03 PM
They're definitely working well with the community it seems.

JBHuskers
03-31-2011, 01:04 PM
Yeah I noticed the one time I have tried to qualify for a race, I got the pole by quite the margin.

CLW
03-31-2011, 01:41 PM
Man I haven't opened this bad boy yet. Worth the $ or should I send it back?

JBHuskers
03-31-2011, 01:51 PM
It could be deeper, but it's a solid first try I think. It'll definitely cure your NASCAR gaming fix in my opinion.

JeffHCross
03-31-2011, 08:10 PM
:nod:And people have said that EA games are like a beta release. Sheesh.

morsdraconis
03-31-2011, 11:28 PM
And people have said that EA games are like a beta release. Sheesh.

Console games, in general, are like beta releases. It's pretty sad when, no matter who made the game or how long they took to make it, there is ALWAYS immediately a patch for the game upon it coming out. WTF were they doing with the 2 years they had to make the fuckin' thing to begin with?

cdj
03-31-2011, 11:50 PM
Tradition Football has a small group of guys working to get a 360 league going (http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/official-nascar-the-game-tradition-cup-xbox.50992/), but I'm not sure if the online issues are slowing down progress.

cdj
04-01-2011, 12:43 PM
Finally was able to play this for a bit yesterday. I'm only good at racing games that allow me to shoot turtle shells, so keep that in mind. :D

Played two races and thought it was fun, though I finished 43rd and then 36th. Qualifying is too easy as mentioned before (6th and 1st, respectively) and the CPU does stay bunched up a lot. Though, I think it has a lot of potential between updates, future versions, and getting better at the game individually. It's a small thing, but I like the menu & interface layout. Really conveys a 'NASCAR' feel. I didn't venture online yet. With the way I raced vs the CPU, I'd have been laughed out of the lobby.

JeffHCross
04-01-2011, 05:19 PM
Console games, in general, are like beta releases.Oh? When was the last time that a PC game didn't have an early patch either? Pretty common there too. But just having a patch doesn't mean it's a "beta" release. Incorporating feedback or changing last minute things that you couldn't get to with your deadline is one thing. NASCAR got delayed for a month and STILL sounds like a disaster. That's nothing like other console releases.

morsdraconis
04-01-2011, 06:34 PM
Oh? When was the last time that a PC game didn't have an early patch either? Pretty common there too. But just having a patch doesn't mean it's a "beta" release. Incorporating feedback or changing last minute things that you couldn't get to with your deadline is one thing. NASCAR got delayed for a month and STILL sounds like a disaster. That's nothing like other console releases.

I knew you'd bring up the PC stuff. It's TOTALLY different. PC game developers are working with drastically differing hardware setups that are the root of the issue at least 75% of the time. These console developers know exactly what they are working with the entire time and they still have HORRIBLE game crashes and bugs that haven't been found by the time their game comes out. That's just freakin' nuts.

It's one thing to add last minute stuff to the game, it's another thing to be scrambling to fix horrible servers or game breaking flaws. WTF have they been doing for the last quarter of their development time? I swear, it's like these gaming companies are hiring any moron off the street to make these games and not working on actual bug fixing at all until the game is out. It's a TERRIBLE development practice that continues to happen over and over again unless they're making a cookiecutter game title (Call of Duty comes to mind).

JeffHCross
04-01-2011, 07:38 PM
I knew you'd bring up the PC stuff. It's TOTALLY different. PC game developers are working with drastically differing hardware setups that are the root of the issue at least 75% of the time.Maybe. Maybe not. Some problems are just bad code. And besides, your point was "console games are beta releases" because they have patches. A patched game doesn't mean something was a beta release on any system, PC or console.

These console developers know exactly what they are working with the entire time and they still have HORRIBLE game crashes and bugs that haven't been found by the time their game comes out.Call a spade a spade ... it's not the consoles, and it's not every developer, and you damn well know it.

JBHuskers
04-01-2011, 10:07 PM
Regardless, I'm enjoying this game.

JBHuskers
04-06-2011, 11:32 AM
Update on the fixes: http://forums.eutechnyx.com/threads/8137-Patch-2-Fix-List-and-Status-(Updated-04-05-11)

Bugs:
•Fix lack of Caution Flags - Fixed
•Fix issues with the A.I. exiting the pits and then pulling straight up the track - Work In Progress
•Reconfigure the damage to improve the look and add more debris on impact - To Be Fixed
•Fix Cautions Lights being illuminated all of the time - Fixed
•Improve the PS3 voice comms - Fixed
•Fix the Rolling Starts Online/Offline so the cars begin in the correct formation and together - Work In Progress
•Fix the instant wrecking during Online Rolling Starts - Fixed
•Fix the Lobby Race Start Counter freezing - To Be Fixed
•Improve FFB and wheel sensitivity options - Work In Progress
•Fix Spotter saying “Clear” too often - Fixed
•Truex Jr. & Bill Elliott being corrupt during celebrations - Fixed This may need to be held back until the DLC pack due to the size of the fix. Microsoft limits the size.
•Hardcore mode enabled on Xbox 360. PS3 already works - Fixed
•Fix Custom Setups working Online - Fixed
•Car rolling away during a celebration leaving the driver celebrating in mid-air - Fixed

•Improve general stability and freezing issues - To Be Fixed

Improvements:
•Change the Gas indicator so it defaults to full in the pit stop interface - To Be Fixed
•Draft effect both on the car and visual to be tweaked - To Be Fixed
•In Private games, the host will start the timer when they are ready - Work In Progress
•Add support for the Porsche GT2 wheel - To Be Added
•Add support for the T500 wheel - To Be Added
•Allow the HUD to be completely turned off - Added
•Free up the A.I. cars so that when they are hit by a player they will get loose - To Be Fixed
•Ensure only Carl Edwards performs a back flip - Fixed
•Add the ability to change your Online Car - Added
•Add proximity indicator to split screen - Added
•Added Manufacturer Logos and Headlight / Taillight stickers to the Paint Shop- Added
•Adding time to the lobby count down when people enter a lobby - Improved
•Added a penalty mechanic to slow down the player when cutting corners on the Road Courses - Added
•A.I. difficulty being too easy when qualifying - Improved

Investigating:
•A.I. being overly aggressive when bump drafting the player
•A.I. pitting problems causing them to collide in to each other
•A.I. bunching on certain tracks
•A.I. slamming their brakes on for no reason
•Hitting the wall often turns the car ending up with the player facing the wrong way

CLW
04-06-2011, 12:28 PM
I still haven't opened this bad boy up yet. It looks like the reviews have been generally unfavorable. It also doesn't look like we are going to get a TGT Cup going. Perhaps I should just return this game to Amazon and get the new WWE game instead.

JeffHCross
04-06-2011, 11:04 PM
Update on the fixes: http://forums.eutechnyx.com/threads/8137-Patch-2-Fix-List-and-Status-(Updated-04-05-11)
•Fix issues with the A.I. exiting the pits and then pulling straight up the track - Work In Progress
•Truex Jr. & Bill Elliott being corrupt during celebrations - Fixed This may need to be held back until the DLC pack due to the size of the fix. Microsoft limits the size.I'm generally not sure which of these is more humorous ... that they shipped with that first bug, or that the second one might not be fixable because of a Microsoft patch size limit. I'll be honest, I didn't know Microsoft and/or Sony had size limits on patches. Learn something new.

JBHuskers
04-07-2011, 12:50 AM
At least they're proactive from the sounds of it....

cdj
04-07-2011, 07:52 AM
I assume both do, but MS definitely has a size limit on patches. IIRC, it's lower than whatever restriction (if any) Sony has. Not sure what game I saw this referenced to in the past, but it is correct.

JBHuskers
04-07-2011, 04:02 PM
From their official Twitter:

Today's Patch #2 update is now live, just follow this link http://bit.ly/fXegey

UGA14
04-07-2011, 05:06 PM
"Patch #2 Update Live" that's kind of misleading lol. Sounds like the actual patch is out which it's sadly not.

JBHuskers
04-07-2011, 10:19 PM
"Patch #2 Update Live" that's kind of misleading lol. Sounds like the actual patch is out which it's sadly not.

Yeah that is misleading :D

JBHuskers
04-08-2011, 02:38 PM
Based on certifications and everything, it appears the target date for the patch is May 10th.

CLW
05-08-2011, 11:02 AM
I popped this bad boy in this morning and its o.k. I start a career mode with a created player and right off the bat on the hardest difficulty I get the pole? Then I get to the race and the guys literally just run over me and cause all kinds of havoc/crashes. It's a little hard to steer with the controller so it's a little hard to keep a line.

I'm kinda wishing I hadn't purchased it but perhaps I'll figure out wtf I am doing wrong and it will be enjoyable but right now qualifying 1st for everything and then getting ran over/crashed by the CPU isn't all that exciting.

JeffHCross
05-08-2011, 12:31 PM
I'm kinda wishing I hadn't purchased it but perhaps I'll figure out wtf I am doing wrong and it will be enjoyable but right now qualifying 1st for everything and then getting ran over/crashed by the CPU isn't all that exciting.Based on what I've read about the game, this isn't your fault.

CLW
05-08-2011, 04:17 PM
Based on what I've read about the game, this isn't your fault.

Interesting. Well Amazon is giving $30 for it right now. I'm tempted to cut my bday present loss at 50% of the game and just ship it back but there was allegedly a patch coming so who knows.

cdj
05-26-2011, 01:10 PM
From the NASCAR Forums & community manager Neil Courtney (http://forums.eutechnyx.com/threads/8137-Patch-2-Update-Fix-List-(Updated-05-26-11)?p=178636&viewfull=1#post178636):

Update on Patch #2 05/26/11

I've been getting a lot of complaints from people saying that we promised Patch #2 on May 9th so I'd like to clear up this misunderstanding first.

The date we gave as May 9th was a date that was realistic if during test no new issues were found. Unfortunately, as some have stated in other threads, when you add so many new features to a patch, as well as fixing the bugs, it can sometimes cause new previously unseen bugs to be identified during test. This is in fact what has happened with Patch #2. Whenever a new bug was identified during the test process we made sure that we addressed it and then submitted a new build of the patch for testing. This is the reason that we missed the estimated release date but I feel that this decision to ensure the integrity of Patch #2 was the right decision.

With the Xbox 360 version it's looking like we'll be submitting the final build of the patch to Activision tomorrow for a final quick check. Then it will be submitted to Microsoft who will then take 1-2 weeks to approve it and then release it.

For the PS3 patch there was a delay at the beginning of the testing process due to the PSN outage and testing could only begin at the start of last week 05/16/11. Despite this many of the bugs that were identified on the 360 version also applied to the PS3 version so this has saved us some time. Because of this we're on track to complete work on the PS3 patch at the end of next week. As with the 360 patch once the final build has been sent to Activision for a final check it will then be submitted to Sony for approval and release which normally takes 1-2 weeks.

I'm confident that you'll be satisfied with the results of Patch #2 because I managed to play an early build of it, from the beginning of last week, and I noticed big improvements in that version and the latest build is even better.

CLW
05-26-2011, 02:21 PM
I haven't even bothered playing this game since the 1st day I popped it in. I suppose I'll wait for the patch to see but unless they fix getting the poll every race to be followed by getting run over and taken out in the race in the first few laps this one is going back to Amazon in a hurry. I guess I should have known better than to buy a game with no demo on release day.

cdj
06-03-2011, 03:00 PM
NASCAR The Game 2011 DLC Driver List & Paint Schemes (http://forums.eutechnyx.com/threads/13875-NASCAR-The-Game-2011-DLC-Driver-List-amp-Paint-Schemes)

JBHuskers
06-22-2011, 03:19 PM
Update on Patch #2

As most of you are aware, today we were running a final transatlantic online test between Eutechnyx and Activision. During this test we identified one or two issues with the online multiplayer which we are now going to work throughout the night to fix so that we can send Activision an updated build first thing tomorrow morning. We're hoping that this will allow Activision to submit the Xbox 360 patch either Tomorrow or Friday.

As you may already know the PS3 patch is currently around 1 week behind the Xbox 360 patch and we’re looking to submit the PS3 patch toward the end of next week.

cdj
06-24-2011, 06:50 PM
NASCAR The Game 2011 Trailer Featuring the Latest DLC and Patch #2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHgYMbkY85E

Courtesy: Operation Sports

psusnoop
06-24-2011, 07:25 PM
I have this for the wii for my son basically but I have gotten a little bit of enjoyment out of this game. I haven't gotten real far in depth yet but my first couple of run throughs are decent.

One big complaint is the points pop up that briefly blocks your view. This is retarded in my opinion and hurts you and provides no benefit to being centered on the screen.

JBHuskers
06-24-2011, 09:58 PM
I'm going to dig into it after the next patch.

Iron Dragon
06-27-2011, 09:33 AM
I'm starting to play this again with the patch to soon release. Actually raced with 9 other people this morning on Talladega and won on the third green-white-checkered. I was about to take the white flag under both previous green-white-checkers when the guys behind me get into a wreck.

I somehow missed every wreck which eventually got me to the lead.

cdj
07-19-2011, 09:37 PM
From pastapadre (http://www.pastapadre.com/2011/07/18/nascar-2011s-free-dlc-is-only-2-on-360-patch-may-actually-arrive-this-year):

It has now been nearly four months and the patch for Nascar 2011 still hasn’t arrived. Despite that the company has been promoting a free DLC pack all along that will (finally) update the game to the 2011 season.

Today developer Eutechnyx detailed the plans for the free DLC. It will cost 160 MS points on the 360 giving new meaning to the word “free”. It will however carry no charge on the PS3. Regardless why the DLC is being sold for the 360 having promoted it as free in order to deflect some of the negativity all the while having delay after delay on the critical patch is beyond explanation and insulting to those who have stuck with the game despite all the problems with it.

There is still no date locked down for the patches other than to expect them in the “coming weeks”. The DLC is expected to follow soon after the patches arrive on the respective systems.

SmoothPancakes
07-19-2011, 09:46 PM
I'm sorry, but for a brand new series, this has been all handled extremely poorly. Between the god knows when of when the patches would arrive, and now the DLC pack that the company has been touting all this time as being free, is going to cost 160 MS points (not terrible like some companies would try to charge mind you, but still not free), while the PS3 players actually do get it for free. If that doesn't come across as just a massive "fuck you" to the 360 players, I don't know what does.

A: They better have a very good reason for why 360 is getting charged when it's supposed to be free, and on top of that, it's still free for PS3. And B: They better have a good reason for why, whatever the reason they are charging on 360, why they didn't then change the same amount for PS3 and release a statement saying that for whatever reason, it's actually not going to be free, but will cost this minor amount.

I had tons of hope for this game, and it originally was going to be a release day buy until I had to push it back due to other, unrelated reasons. Now looking back at everything surrounding this game, from the massive, horrible bugs, glitches and issues with the game out of the box, and stuff like this, and I am glad now that I didn't spend my money buying it, as sad as that makes me because I really miss play NASCAR. NASCAR 2001 on PS2 was my last NASCAR game, and I really hoped this would be the one to get NASCAR added to my 360 roster of games sitting on my shelf next to me.

buckeye02
07-21-2011, 04:58 AM
I should've known better when i heard that career mode was only 1 season.

CLW
07-21-2011, 06:53 AM
Yeah this game has been disappointing. I haven't played this game in months and probably just need to mail it back in to Amazon and get part of my $ back.

JBHuskers
07-21-2011, 08:31 AM
With credit I basically got the game for free, so I'll be paitient for the patch. But yeah, they have really screwed the pooch on this one.

On the same token though, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eutechnyx, it is a European company trying to make a NASCAR game. That's like Infinity Ward making a Cricket game.

SmoothPancakes
07-21-2011, 09:51 AM
With credit I basically got the game for free, so I'll be paitient for the patch. But yeah, they have really screwed the pooch on this one.

On the same token though, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eutechnyx, it is a European company trying to make a NASCAR game. That's like Infinity Ward making a Cricket game.

True. Though I still had a lot of hope for this. Was this the only game they were making or were they planning on future versions? I still probably would never buy this version, even with the patches, but if they keep at it, make a more stable and better game, with a longer season and more depth, maybe I'll consider a future version years down the road, only after getting actual reviews from people who own it though.

JBHuskers
07-21-2011, 09:57 AM
True. Though I still had a lot of hope for this. Was this the only game they were making or were they planning on future versions? I still probably would never buy this version, even with the patches, but if they keep at it, make a more stable and better game, with a longer season and more depth, maybe I'll consider a future version years down the road, only after getting actual reviews from people who own it though.

My impression is they're in for a multi-year run.

SmoothPancakes
07-21-2011, 10:01 AM
My impression is they're in for a multi-year run.

Nice. If the future games start getting better, get more polished and more features/depth, I'll definitely give some consideration. Like I said, I haven't had a NASCAR game since NASCAR 2001 back on the PS2, so I definitely want to get one sometime.

JBHuskers
07-29-2011, 11:18 AM
@NASCARTheGame We're pleased to announce that the PS3 version of Patch 2 & the 2011 DLC has passed submission with Sony and will be released 08/01/11.

JBHuskers
08-01-2011, 08:18 AM
According to Twitter it seems like the patch is out now.

cdj
08-01-2011, 10:09 AM
I started the download before leaving this morning. It's a couple hundred MB. 255 IIRC...

cdj
10-02-2011, 09:15 PM
After the success of the Xbox 360 'Race with the Developers' Community Event, we had a lot of requests from PlayStation 3 fans asking us to run a PS3 Race with the Developers Event

So on Wednesday 5th October at 1pm EST we'll be running the first 'Race with the Developers' Community Event on PlayStation 3.

You'll be able to race with Ice_ETX (Community Manager), DaveT_ETX (Executive Producer) and Apex_ETX (Vehicle Dynamics Set Up)

So make sure you add the PlayStation Network ID's Ice_ETX, DaveT_ETX and Apex_ETX to your friends list or alternatively if you're online on Wednesday during the event just send any of us a message over PSN and we'll try to get you into the next race.

Keep an eye out for more Community Events, on both formats, over the next few weeks including Weekend Community Events.

Link (http://forums.eutechnyx.com/threads/21022-Community-Event-Race-with-the-Developers-PlayStation-3)

cdj
12-20-2011, 07:42 PM
Leading independent game developer Eutechnyx today announced details of the upcoming third title update for NASCAR The Game 2011. The title update will be available for Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system.

Eutechnyx' community manager, Neil Courtney said, “We have a very active community of NASCAR fans that enjoy NASCAR The Game 2011 and provide valuable feedback which we take on board and which we feel is extremely important in continuing to make improvements to the game. The third patch doesn’t just include fixes, but also improvements that are a direct result of feedback we’ve received from the game's community.”

This third title update addresses the remaining network issues with NASCAR The Game 2011 and will also include minor fixes in the single player game.

Fixes

Xbox 360 - The car randomly loses rear end grip whilst playing online (Loose Glitch).
After a severe spin, the car lacks rear end grip and makes it feel very loose.
During online races, particularly on the Super speedways, player’s cars can surge backward and forward making it impossible to bump draft. (Online Surging)
Online - On the initial rolling start, the formation can be incorrectly spaced.
During an online caution when the ‘NASCAR Sprint Cup’ transition screen is displayed sometimes the player’s car can get damaged.
Caution lights can be inversed for Texas, Talladega and Watkins Glen i.e. yellow when there isn’t a Caution and green when there is a Caution.
Under Caution players cars drive through the Pace Car
Xbox 360 - Incompatible NAT (Network Address Translation) types will not be allowed in to the same lobbies. Players will be given a message informing them that there is a problem and detail their NAT type. This will stop the players being removed from the game when the lobby counter reaches zero. The PS3 handles this already.
Under certain conditions, super quick lap times are posted to the leaderboard.
Leaderboard times are not shown correctly in the Lobby.
The game sometimes freezes on the loading screen when launching an online game.
‘Players Still Racing’ message can sometimes be seen in the Lobby even though all players have finished racing.
PS3 Paint Booth freezes.
In a Lobby, when muting and un-muting players, the cursor can be out of sync with who gets muted.
When pitting during an online game, the windscreen tear off doesn’t work.
The car should not go in to reverse gear now unless it is stationary.
Xbox 360 - Race invitations stop working under certain conditions.
After leaving a lobby and then selecting ‘Quick Race’ the game can sometimes soft lock.
Veto track shows incorrect amount of players in the lobby.
Online – Sometimes players can be racing on a different track to others in the game due to a veto issue.
Online, cars sometimes don’t appear in the Proximity Radar.
Changing Race Pins stopped working with the 2011 Season Update Downloadable Content (DLC).
PS3 – Online, the game will not start until all paint scheme data has been transferred to all players. When the lobby counter reaches zero, the game informs the players this is happening using the lobby status message next to the lobby counter.
Improvements
Artificial Intelligence (A.I.) Bunching up and brake checking, which can result in collisions between the A.I. cars, has been improved.
Lobby counter will no longer add time whenever a player joins the lobby.
When searching for an online game, the status text reads “Loading”. There are now three different states “Searching”, “Joining” and “Creating”.
Quick Race default race length setting changed from 2% to 5%.

The third title update has passed the testing phase with Activision and has now been submitted to platform holders Microsoft and Sony for approval. The approval process normally takes between 1-2 working weeks.

For more information visit http://www.NASCARTheGame.com or follow the game on Twitter @NASCARTheGame or on Facebook.

Via: Operation Sports (http://www.operationsports.com/news/528704/nascar-the-game-2011-title-update-3-details/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter)

CLW
12-21-2011, 10:20 AM
I need to just trade this game in. The game was so.... bad out of the box I haven't been able to pop it back in to see if it has improved. All I remember from the game is you easily qualify for the poll (on any difficulty level) and then once the race actually starts you are immediately ran over like you are going in slow mo.

JeffHCross
12-21-2011, 04:48 PM
The game was so.... bad out of the boxIronic or not: the company is now working on "Ride to Hell".

baseballplyrmvp
03-18-2012, 11:29 PM
popped this in yesterday to get back into the swing of nascar. unfortunately, my lead finger got the better of me as i couldnt slow down in time and ended up causing a huge wreck (offline), as i crashed into the car in front of me who was going 190, when i was going 203. :fp:

the crash though, was quite hilarious to watch. :D

SmoothPancakes
03-19-2012, 12:22 AM
So after all the patches and fixes and whatnot, did this ever end up even being any good? I haven't played or owned a NASCAR game since NASCAR 2001 back on PS2, so I wouldn't mind getting back into the genre, but it didn't sound promising with this game with the huge list of bugs and problems early on and even after the first couple fixes.

JBHuskers
03-19-2012, 12:44 PM
Haven't had time to try it lately.

baseballplyrmvp
03-19-2012, 08:39 PM
i think its one of those games that if you go into a race completely serious, its gonna cause nothing but frustrations and make you hate it.

for online races, you cant be serious. thats where racing with people you know, helps....as no one throws a hissy fit when you crash into em. in my case when back before the patches came out, payback was often a bitch. lol

SmoothPancakes
03-19-2012, 08:47 PM
i think its one of those games that if you go into a race completely serious, its gonna cause nothing but frustrations and make you hate it.

for online races, you cant be serious. thats where racing with people you know, helps....as no one throws a hissy fit when you crash into em. in my case when back before the patches came out, payback was often a bitch. lol

So pass then if I want a serious racing sim.

baseballplyrmvp
03-19-2012, 09:43 PM
yes and no. there are leagues out there with guys who take it serious and have fun. those kinds of leagues dont put up with stupid bullshit.

i tend to be a moderate/laid back type of gamer; someone who wont give a shit if you wreck me halfway through the race, but will be pissed if you wreck me if i'm leading with under 10 or so to go. its more or less like ncaa. there are ways to have a lot of fun with nascar, and there's a lot of ways to dick around too. :D idk, i can only speak based on what i've done. but yes, there are serious racing leagues out there.

SmoothPancakes
03-19-2012, 09:46 PM
yes and no. there are leagues out there with guys who take it serious and have fun. those kinds of leagues dont put up with stupid bullshit.

i tend to be a moderate/laid back type of gamer; someone who wont give a shit if you wreck me halfway through the race, but will be pissed if you wreck me if i'm leading with under 10 or so to go. its more or less like ncaa. there are ways to have a lot of fun with nascar, and there's a lot of ways to dick around too. :D idk, i can only speak based on what i've done. but yes, there are serious racing leagues out there.

How does the CPU act in single player career?

JeffHCross
03-19-2012, 09:58 PM
How does the CPU act in single player career?
Looks to me like it's pretty much "drive in the best line until I can't"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCHhNEeWQiU

baseballplyrmvp
03-19-2012, 10:03 PM
havent played it enough recently to give you an honest answer. sorry smooth. from the 5 games i've played on the very hard difficulty, especially when i havent done qualifying, is next to impossible to get to the front by yourself. i've been doing 31 lap races at daytona, and my best finish in 5 races on very hard, is 24th.